University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who finished your interviews...approximately how long was your interview?

Mine lasted around 35 minutes, with the last 10 or so minutes involving me asking questions of my interviewers. Is this a normal length?

20 min tops. Was super smooth. Got asked 3 questions. Asked 2. Very conversational. Accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who finished your interviews...approximately how long was your interview?

Mine lasted around 35 minutes, with the last 10 or so minutes involving me asking questions of my interviewers. Is this a normal length?

Mine lasted around the same. if not a little bit longer. Did you interview today? I interviewed today and the rain was horrible to drive in. UNE is a lot smaller than i thought

Reactions: 1 user
Something just crossed my mind. At my interview, i accidentally mispronounced the name of one of my interviewers. I believe I added an "s" to his name last. How bad is this?

Members don't see this ad :)
So apparently the post interview acceptance rate is about 60%.. but it seems like everyone posted here were accepted .. does UNECOM send out emails for waitlists and rejects post interview (right about the time the give out acceptance for the same date interviewee)?

My interview lasted about 30 minutes too. 1 student, 1 researcher, and 1 DO. It was a nice and calm interview.

What did you guys think about the round table format for the main lecture hall? I'm still not too sure about that and it's making me reconsider attending this school.

My interview lasted about 30 minutes too. 1 student, 1 researcher, and 1 DO. It was a nice and calm interview.

What did you guys think about the round table format for the main lecture hall? I'm still not too sure about that and it's making me reconsider attending this school.

There seem to be plenty of screens for the presentation and everything. I don't think it would be much different functionally than tiered lecture hall aside from the seating arrangement.

Funny because that is one of the things that I am most excited about with this school

So excited for my interview here!

Funny because that is one of the things that I am most excited about with this school

I was too, but I heard some students really dislike the extra time spent in class on team based problem solving with your classmates at the round tables. Seems like something that would eat up a lot of time.

II November 18.

Are there any current students that would be kind enough to let me stay overnight on November 17 Monday on campus? I am male. Thanks

Or if anyone wants to share a hotel room get in touch with me.

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know how long it takes the school to charge your debit card? I gave my info to the lady over the phone on monday and she said it would take a couple of days for them to charge me. However, they havent done so yet and im afraid that the money wont go through and my interview will be cancelled.

I only bring all of this up because it also happened in another instance where money was to be taken from my bank, but wasnt due to some sort of issue

It took just shy of 20 days for me. The school has been great about everything...including an acceptance .. :clap:.., but for whatever reason it took them a long time to process the supplemental application fee.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a quick question. During my interview, I was asked whether I plan to practice in the New England region in 20 years. I said that I don't know at this point. Was that a bad answer?

I got a quick question. During my interview, I was asked whether I plan to practice in the New England region in 20 years. I said that I don't know at this point. Was that a bad answer?
Dude dont think about that stuff. Youre gonna stress yourself out. Its saturday night, just chill out, im sure you did better than you thought.

Dude dont think about that stuff. Youre gonna stress yourself out. Its saturday night, just chill out, im sure you did better than you thought.

yeah...I also mispronounced the name of one of my interviewers...I added an "s" to his name.

yeah...I also mispronounced the name of one of my interviewers...I added an "s" to his name.
And i pulled out the chair before they said "take a seat," all will be ok.

Reactions: 3 users
anyone else super excited to possibly go to this school or is it just me?

2me47dt.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Can anyone tell me if UNECOM likes to offer interviews throughout their cycle? I understand they are rolling admissions, but I REALLY want to interview and hopefully be accepted here. I just wonder my chances at this stage... I was complete last Tuesday (got the email), and I see a range of II's between the same day people are complete and up to two weeks later. Hopefully I get there. Love to get in here.

The thing that I really like about this school is the fact that all the students seem like they want to help each other out since it benefits everyone if they do based on the case based learning, and all the peer review sessions and team oriented stuff. Just being on campus you can tell there's a wide range of students and diversity. I just feel like the town of biddeford has nothing to do lol. I hope I get accepted here too since at least I know I'll be able to go to A Med School this cycle.

The thing that I really like about this school is the fact that all the students seem like they want to help each other out since it benefits everyone if they do based on the case based learning, and all the peer review sessions and team oriented stuff. Just being on campus you can tell there's a wide range of students and diversity. I just feel like the town of biddeford has nothing to do lol. I hope I get accepted here too since at least I know I'll be able to go to A Med School this cycle.
Yea during my interview I talked to some random students and they said people post their personal notes for everything, about every 5 min on the facebook page.

Is anyone interviewing on 11/6/2014 ( 6th Nov) ?

Looking to apply here next year, and looking to apply broadly. Assuming the secondary will be similar or the same:

Does anyone know if UNECOM can verify which MD schools an applicant has applied to? I plan on applying to ~40 and do not want to hurt my chances by listing all of them. AMCAS only releases that information to schools that use the AMCAS application, right?

Looking to apply here next year, and looking to apply broadly. Assuming the secondary will be similar or the same:

Does anyone know if UNECOM can verify which MD schools an applicant has applied to? I plan on applying to ~40 and do not want to hurt my chances by listing all of them. AMCAS only releases that information to schools that use the AMCAS application, right?
I don't think even DO schools know which other DO schools you've applied to. It's unlikely they would know anything about your applications besides the information you provide to them.

I don't think even DO schools know which other DO schools you've applied to. It's unlikely they would know anything about your applications besides the information you provide to them.

Unfortunately, I didn't know this until after I submitted my UNECOM secondary listing every MD and DO schools that I've applied to. I hope it won't lead to a rejection.

don't be paranoid guys. I'm sure every school understands how competitive of a process this is, so they certainly won't knock you for being honest and listing all the schools you've applied to. as a general rule of thumb, I'd recommend always being honest on your apps.

for reference, I listed about 36 MD and 10 DO schools on my secondary, and got a II the day after I submitted. nothing to worry about, just chill!

don't be paranoid guys. I'm sure every school understands how competitive of a process this is, so they certainly won't knock you for being honest and listing all the schools you've applied to. as a general rule of thumb, I'd recommend always being honest on your apps.

for reference, I listed about 36 MD and 10 DO schools on my secondary, and got a II the day after I submitted. nothing to worry about, just chill!

Same thing with me. I think being honest is the best way to go about it.

Accepted for the class of 2019! Got the email about a week ago, and interviewed on 9/30.

The acceptance was sent via email w/ the decision attached, and I also received a hardcopy.
Good luck to anyone still applying! I submitted by 2,000$ so I'm heading for UNECOM! If you have questions regarding stats or my interview day, feel free to contact me!

Reactions: 2 users
When people that got accepted into the school and/or rejected. When you sent a "THANK YOU" e-mail did any of them respond back and say that you were a good fit for their school. I'm not sure if they are just being nice and its a blank statement or it means I made a good impression.

Thanks for any feedback!

When people that got accepted into the school and/or rejected. When you sent a "THANK YOU" e-mail did any of them respond back and say that you were a good fit for their school. I'm not sure if they are just being nice and its a blank statement or it means I made a good impression.

Thanks for any feedback!

I did get some who responded back. But none of them said I was a good fit. Uh oh...

@HuskyPride149

Can you PM me who replied to your thank you email?

Congrats to everyone getting accepted! I have an interview 11/11 and I hope to receive the same email as you have! How many applicants were in your interview groups? And is there anyone that would like to split a hotel room with me to save on costs? I will arrive 11/10 and leave 11/12. PM me if you're interested.

3.75cgpa 3.6sgpa 27 mcat, hoping for an acceptance after Nov 11!

I stayed that the Ramada in Saco...It was $89.00 if you mentioned that you were coming for a UNE interview.
Did you have to call ahead and schedule hotel shuttle service to/from the airport and campus?

Did you have to call ahead and schedule hotel shuttle service to/from the airport and campus?

No, I drove to Maine since I only live 300ish miles away so I took my car to the interview. I'm not sure how the shuttles work there.

No, I drove to Maine since I only live 300ish miles away so I took my car to the interview. I'm not sure how the shuttles work there.
ah ok, well thanks anyways!

haha I'm about the same and seriously not looking forward to the drive there and back!

I paid extra to stay at this hotel specifically for the shuttle, and yes I called ahead of time to schedule shuttles. You need to.

The drive isn't that bad. I drove 3 hours from CT and it was pouring rain out. It's pretty much straight forward, but prepare for tolls :D My gf and I stopped by Tim Horton's near the school and it was very good for breakfast! Maine people are nice lol

The drive isn't that bad. I drove 3 hours from CT and it was pouring rain out. It's pretty much straight forward, but prepare for tolls :D My gf and I stopped by Tim Horton's near the school and it was very good for breakfast! Maine people are nice lol
Wait are you a fellow UCONN-er? I'm an alum!!

From what I overheard on my interview day. they are planning to interview two hundred more students than last year and hand out around 500 acceptances; 3 for each available seat.

I know this is from a ways back... but is this true? I mean... based on the website:

"Last year, we received more than 3,600 applications. More than 3,300 supplemental applications were offered to qualified candidates. Less than 400 applicants were interviewed last year, with nearly 220 acceptances offered to fill the class of 124 students students."

So, if they interview around 600 (two hundred more than the high end of the total last year) and offer around 500 acceptances... Thats around an 83% acceptance rate after interview? Seriously?