University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DId everyone get notified via e-mail or letter in the mail? I interviewed oct 23rd and haven't heard anything :( Hopefully i dont get rejected :(

Members don't see this ad :)
It's through both. An email and a hard copy. But all the dates I've seen are from the week before yours or earlier, so you still have time.

I interviewed today and LOVED this school. Everyone I met was so friendly, and the interview was so laid back it made me feel right at home. I was so impressed by this school, I really hope I get in. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed today and LOVED this school. Everyone I met was so friendly, and the interview was so laid back it made me feel right at home. I was so impressed by this school, I really hope I get in. Fingers crossed!

interviewed today too, I'm sure we met haha! loved this place also. very beautiful campus and great people all over the place!

Reactions: 1 user
If you were in the morning session we probably did! Hopefully we end up at the same place! :)

If you were in the morning session we probably did! Hopefully we end up at the same place! :)

lets hope so! feel free to message me if you need any help with anything. good luck!

II. submitted exactly a week ago
lizzy score >70

Accepted student Fb group soon? Anyone want to take that on?

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted student Fb group soon? Anyone want to take that on?
I've deactivated my Facebook since January... I guess I have a reason to go on again now :) It would be nice if someone can set up a group!

Reactions: 1 users
Let me get accepted then I'll open a fb group.

I've deactivated my Facebook since January... I guess I have a reason to go on again now :) It would be nice if someone can set up a group!
The UNECOM Class of 2018 Facebook group has been one of the best assets I could ever ask for. It's basically the only reason I log on FB. We all share resources, study guides, events, etc, it's really awesome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im willing to be the fb guy. I'll work on it!! If no one else is set on it

Officially created! Just search UNECOM Class of 2019 on facebook and join! I will add you!

who is interviewing on November 11th with me? Apparently I am sharing a shuttle from the Ramada inn with another person. Hello friend!

Anyone interviewing on Nov. 20th? I was invited originally for Dec. 4th but had to switch to a different date and luckily someone cancelled on Nov. 20th. Kind of nervously preparing now as this will be my first med school interview ever.

Anyone interviewing on Nov. 20th? I was invited originally for Dec. 4th but had to switch to a different date and luckily someone cancelled on Nov. 20th. Kind of nervously preparing now as this will be my first med school interview ever.

really don't be nervous. awesome interview day. everyone is extremely nice and the interview is very low stress, I promise! just know yourself, why medicine, and a few things about UNE that you like (as others have mentioned). good luck!

I'm freakin out people! Interview coming up. First one. What was yours like :bucktooth:

I'm freakin out people! Interview coming up. First one. What was yours like :bucktooth:
You have nothing to worry about. It's the most laid back, conversational interview you'll ever have. Know your application well and your reasons for pursuing different activities but besides that, just be personable and friendly. The staff emphasized throughout the day that they don't believe in stress interviews and they would just like to get to know you.

who is interviewing on November 11th with me? Apparently I am sharing a shuttle from the Ramada inn with another person. Hello friend!

It was really chill. I tried to enjoy the process as much as possible and get to know the school. The students are super friendly and willing to answer any questions. The interviewers that I had responded positively to my responses and I think that helped with my confidence throughout the interview. I personally thought it was a good place to start for my first one too.

Anyone know about the turn around period by UNECOM

Is it Ok to call them and ask about application status?

They are pretty responsive to email, but I've never called even though I've been complete since 10/21.

Anyone knows how to pronounce UNECOM? Is it like "uni-com"? And is this how you would refer to the school during the interview? Or should I say the University of New England?

Ahh they just told me they made a decision and I will receive my letter at the end of this week! I interviewed 10/2 it's been so long! I'm a little non-trad and they had to research some of my circumstances before making a decision, I am hoping they would not go through all the trouble to research if they didn't want to accept me!

They are pretty responsive to email, but I've never called even though I've been complete since 10/21.

I emailed and they responded within 2 minutes, said I'm still "under review"

I emailed and they responded within 2 minutes, said I'm still "under review"
Yup they are quick! Guess that mean I am too! Lol. If I remember correctly we have similar stats. I was a little late getting verified though.

Hey guys, I have an interview question. Do the interviewers tell you their email addresses so you can send a note or do you have to ask or....? This is my first interview and I am totally clueless! :confused:

Hey guys, I have an interview question. Do the interviewers tell you their email addresses so you can send a note or do you have to ask or....? This is my first interview and I am totally clueless! :confused:

My interviewer gave me a business card with the email address already on there. If he or she doesn't give you one, I would just ask for it at the end

Yeah my interviewers at the end were just like " If you have any questions feel free to e-mail us and ask us. And the student interviewer just ripped a piece of notebook paper out and both interviewers wrote their emails on them." I just sent a thank you e-mail to both :D

Anyone knows how to pronounce UNECOM? Is it like "uni-com"? And is this how you would refer to the school during the interview? Or should I say the University of New England?
Yep. That's how they pronounced it!

I asked them for their full name at the end of the interview and just dug around the school website for their email addresses :)

For those who were accepted, has anyone received the official letter in the mail yet? I was just wondering what I was suppose to expect...

For those who were accepted, has anyone received the official letter in the mail yet? I was just wondering what I was suppose to expect...

Yeah, I did. It's the exact same letter you get as an attachment in the email with nothing else included.

I'm tempted to go and pretend I'm interviewing with a group. Just be there at the tables, pretending to be all anxious in a suit and talk to everyone :laugh: I'm not beyond real world mischief.

Reactions: 4 users
Do any students curently do research or have done research over the summer? I am very interested in their Neuroscience center and pain research. Also, completely unrelated but do M1's have cars on campus or is public transportation good enough to travel from downtown Biddeford to campus, Saco, and Portland? How do people find housing/roomates in downtown?

Last edited:
When interviewing, they always say oh yeah lots of people do research, but never seems to be anyone you meet. It is more common over the summer, and the research positions pay $15 an hour. Not bad, this is what I was told at said interview.

When interviewing, they always say oh yeah lots of people do research, but never seems to be anyone you meet. It is more common over the summer, and the research positions pay $15 an hour. Not bad, this is what I was told at said interview.

My interviewers told me that its often hard for students to find time to do research during the school year, but it's definitely possible.

$15 per hour isn't bad at all ._.

Made a tough decision to withdraw from here. Hope one of you lovelies gets that spot! Good luck to everyone :D

Made a tough decision to withdraw from here. Hope one of you lovelies gets that spot! Good luck to everyone :D
I hope I get your spot! I interviewed today in the afternoon and absolutely loved it. It did not disappoint at all! Now I have my thank you cards written and ready to mail before I get on my flight tomorrow! I hope to give you all good news in a few weeks!
Fingerscrossed3, you missed a freaking good show in Boston!

Can you bring a small hand luggage to the admissions when you have your interview if you are checking out that morning and leaving after interview?

Last edited:
Can you bring a small hand luggage to the admissions when you have your interview if you are checking out that morning and leaving after interview?
That shouldn't be a problem. I'm pretty sure that they could have a space for you to put it in. Everyone at UNECOM is extremely relaxed and supportive to any of your needs.

Could a current student speak on the timeline of when they moved to Maine and Classes getting started?

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! My life is complete!!!!

Reactions: 8 users