University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha finally got the card too! at least I know they remember my email now lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It sounds like it may be too late to get an interview here, eh? If the thought that they are holding acceptances until after the December deposit deadline passes, I may get frozen out. I know I applied late, but last year they were accepting until March. Just submitted my secondary today. NE resident.

Officially sent in my deposit here. Most likely will be attending, but still deciding if I want to go to my interview at LECOM in January.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Super excited for this. Complete late Nov, so there are definitely still invites left. 3.1-3.3 undergrad GPA, good SMP grades, 34-36 MCAT, New England resident.

It sounds like it may be too late to get an interview here, eh? If the thought that they are holding acceptances until after the December deposit deadline passes, I may get frozen out. I know I applied late, but last year they were accepting until March. Just submitted my secondary today. NE resident.
From what I've heard from each school is that there has been an abnormally high amount of applicants this cycle. That being said, I think that they will still be interviewing and accepting until the spring. That being said, applying this late in the year greatly diminishes your chances of getting an interview unless you just so happen to be one of the better applicants that they've seen in a while. Don't worry, there's still hope.

OMG! I just got my acceptance email!! I am overjoyed!!!

Interviewed 10/21

Absolutely going!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
From what I've heard from each school is that there has been an abnormally high amount of applicants this cycle. That being said, I think that they will still be interviewing and accepting until the spring. That being said, applying this late in the year greatly diminishes your chances of getting an interview unless you just so happen to be one of the better applicants that they've seen in a while. Don't worry, there's still hope.

I've heard the same. I do have competitive stats, but the real strength of my application is as a non-traditional student. I have an impressive resume prior to returning to school, including years of leadership and r&d in my background. Hopefully this helps. If not, there is always June 1, 2015:(

Wonder if they giving acceptances today for others

I interviewed the first week of December, wonder if I'll hear today as well.

Has anyone that interviewed in Nov gotten an acceptance yet?

only one acceptance today? why must every school torture meeee

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch, got my rejection letter by email today around noon. I REALLY wanted to go here, but oh well. "There are other fish in the sea." Some stats for those who are curious:

Interviewed on 11/5
MCAT=30, cGPA=3.30, sGPA=3.08
New England resident
Lots of good extracurriculars and research experience

Congrats to all those who got/will get in though! UNECOM is really an amazing place. I'm sure you will have your ups and downs if you enroll, but never forget how lucky you are to have a spot there :)

I'll be turning down my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!

Ouch, got my rejection letter by email today around noon. I REALLY wanted to go here, but oh well. "There are other fish in the sea." Some stats for those who are curious:

Interviewed on 11/5
MCAT=30, cGPA=3.30, sGPA=3.08
New England resident
Lots of good extracurriculars and research experience

Congrats to all those who got/will get in though! UNECOM is really an amazing place. I'm sure you will have your ups and downs if you enroll, but never forget how lucky you are to have a spot there :)

That's such a positive attitude. I hope you get into some place great!

any current UNECOM students on this forum that can give us some advice and info?

tomorrow is def the day-- we got this!

Holiday card followed by interview invite? I'll take it! Good luck to others who are interviewing in the New Year!

Anyone heard back from interview on 11/20? The deposit at Touro is due next Monday, and I really don't want to waste the 2000 dollars if I were accepted to UNECOM...

definitely feeling a good vibe for tomorrow guys.

Interviewed here on Dec. 2nd, really hoping to hear back soon!

Anyone heard back from interview on 11/20? The deposit at Touro is due next Monday, and I really don't want to waste the 2000 dollars if I were accepted to UNECOM...

We still haven't heard back from the end of October / beginning of November dates :shrug:

still waiting...doesn't look like today is the day. Interviewed november 18

I just got the email..waitlisted. 3.64 gpa, 3.77 AACOMAS sGPA, 28 MCAT

just got waitlisted also? felt like I had a great shot here and my interview went very well. did anyone get in?

Got waitlisted as well. Interviewed 11/20. Really liked the school... Anyone knows how the waitlist works and is there any way to increase my chance?

Wow, lots of waitlisting happened today. I'm really sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better I know that something like 50% of students who end up on a waitlist are eventually offered a spot so keep your heads high.

Did anyone get an acceptance today? From the looks of this board it was just waitlists..

seems kind of strange. I know only of waitlists and rejects. maybe buying time due to the holiday/delay in decisions? or were we all just that bad haha

lmao "you guys just all suck, good God"
seems kind of strange. I know only of waitlists and rejects. maybe buying time due to the holiday/delay in decisions? or were we all just that bad haha

Waitlisted. Damn this was one of my top choices. Time to wait it out. Interview November 18

lol maybe the buy more time joke wasn't as much a joke as I thought.

I'm interviewing Jan 22, anyone down to meet up? I'll probably get a hotel the night before.

lol maybe the buy more time joke wasn't as much a joke as I thought.
I think their application is at the stage where they will only pick the best candidates and put everyone else on waitlist. I really regret not applying early enough for this school now.

I think their application is at the stage where they will only pick the best candidates and put everyone else on waitlist. I really regret not applying early enough for this school now.

yeah I completely agree with you there