University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II this morning!! Complete 8/25

Can anyone that has interviewed provide any feedback on their experience and what I should expect. It would be greatly appreciated!

Out of curiosity, are the available interview days they offered in September? Or have they moved on to October?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing at UNE COM and have been trying to find some information on where their students have matched for residency in recent years. I can't seem to find the information on their website. Does anyone know where/how I can find this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any applicants here with no connections to UNE COM, and also have had little to no contact with the staff / faculty? I'm tentative about answering the first secondary essay questions (about if you had any interactions with UNE COM people and how those interactions have influenced your decision to apply to UNECOM).

I like everything I'm researching about the school, but I've never been to the northeast.

Any applicants here with no connections to UNE COM, and also have had little to no contact with the staff / faculty? I'm tentative about answering the first secondary essay questions (about if you had any interactions with UNE COM people and how those interactions have influenced your decision to apply to UNECOM).

I like everything I'm researching about the school, but I've never been to the northeast.
I don't have any specific connections with the school or have had any interactions with the faculty (besides calling to pay my secondary fee). I stated that in a brief sentence then explained why I was interested in UNECOM. I'm a regional applicant but not IS so I spoke about wanting to stay in the North East due to family, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
II last week, completed early August !!

Reactions: 3 users
II complete late August

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users
II just now OOS Lizzy M 69! no connection to the east coast but I am quite excited! Complete email August 23rd!

Does anyone know approx. how many students are accepted into each class and how many they interview?

Was extremely impressed by this school at my interview last week. Very friendly and non-stressful interview (at least for me). Felt like a conversation without a doubt

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

show me some love based maine lobster gods

Does anyone know approx. how many students are accepted into each class and how many they interview?
On UNECOM's website under the FAQS it says they interviewed 650 applicants out of about 4300 and then 178 matriculate! I'm assuming they accept a little more than this! So this should be fairly accurate as long as the numbers were relatively the same!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they let you know how long it takes after an interview for them to tell you about their decision?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

Anybody from NY get an interview here? How much of and IS bias do they have?

Anybody from NY get an interview here? How much of and IS bias do they have?
I'm from NJ and the day I interviewed there was a wide range of northeastern states represented including NY. In their presentation they said they take about 60% from New England 20% from NY, NJ, PA and the rest from all over. I could be a little off on the percentages but it was somewhere around there. It's more of a regional bias.

Anyone know when they let you know how long it takes after an interview for them to tell you about their decision?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

They told my interview group that they try to have decisions out within 4 weeks of interviewing, but could be faster/slower than that. They send decisions via email and snail mail.

On UNECOM's website under the FAQS it says they interviewed 650 applicants out of about 4300 and then 178 matriculate! I'm assuming they accept a little more than this! So this should be fairly accurate as long as the numbers were relatively the same!

The general rule, everywhere, is "accept 2, admit 1" -- most medical schools accept double their class size to account for settling at the drop deadline.

What do you guys think my chances are? OOS (NY) 3.4 cgpa/3.3 sgpa and a 25 MCAT. I retook the MCAT on 9/10 and I'm hoping I did well but I guess we will see. Should I just wait to apply after my new MCAT score?

What do you guys think my chances are? OOS (NY) 3.4 cgpa/3.3 sgpa and a 25 MCAT. I retook the MCAT on 9/10 and I'm hoping I did well but I guess we will see. Should I just wait to apply after my new MCAT score?

When do you get your results

Based lobster gods of maine listened to me, II !

Reactions: 7 users
Complete on 9/15
II on 9/19
513/3.85 cgpa/3.82 cgpa

interview for 10/19

Hi! I was wondering if any current students could speak to the grading system. My understanding is that it is not pass/fail?

Hi! I was wondering that if I submit my app in a few weeks would it be too late? I actually just asked my advisors for a letter of rec and I'm waiting on my September MCAT score. I plan to have the app ready probably in 2.5-3 weeks depending on how long it takes for my letters to be ready.

Hi! I was wondering that if I submit my app in a few weeks would it be too late? I actually just asked my advisors for a letter of rec and I'm waiting on my September MCAT score. I plan to have the app ready probably in 2.5-3 weeks depending on how long it takes for my letters to be ready.
It's never too late. However, admissions is rolling and, based on previous year's threads, the class seems to be filled by December (as they admittedly interview their highest priority candidates first). Therefore, starting in December, ii's are for WL only spots (typically).

I was complete quite some time ago (a couple of weeks), is it safe to say I am not getting an ii??

I was complete quite some time ago (a couple of weeks), is it safe to say I am not getting an ii??

I was complete one week before receiving an interview. Remember this process isn't always linear though. I wouldn't lose hope yet!!!

I was complete one week before receiving an interview. Remember this process isn't always linear though. I wouldn't lose hope yet!!!

Thank you! I guess I will begin my prayers to the lobster gods!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Lobster Gods, please show me some love soon.

Is a lobster avatar going to be the new penguin avatar now?

Apparently, the creators of emojis don't respect Lobster Gods for there's still no lobster emoji.

lobster-31.gif

#RespectTheLobster

Haha this is the best thing I've seen!

You don't even want to know what kinds of depths of the Internet I had to brave to find something so obscure.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, approximately how long did it take everyone to receive the secondary?