University of New Mexico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:clap::clap:Congratulations on your acceptance. I think you are really going to enjoy the interview process at UNM:thumbup:. I had my interview on Feb 11th and received my acceptance letter on Feb 18th. I'm certain that this is as quick as anyone would hear back from UNM but maybe I'm wrong. It varies from person to person from what I have seen and heard. Some hear in a week others wait a month or more. Happy early Birthday!:hardy::hardy:

Thanks!!!! You're so nice!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I am flying into Albuquerque late afternoon/early evening Friday. Anyone in the same boat? I'm hoping to do some exploring since I'm leaving pretty much right after the interview on Saturday.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the Frontier Restaurant on Central Ave if you get the chance. Its pretty much the flagship restaurant for UNM. Get a cinnamon roll. If you don't like cinnamon rolls get their hot chocolate. If you don't like hot chocolate try the fresh squeezed orange juice.

Peace out.

Speedmaster

Check out the Frontier Restaurant on Central Ave if you get the chance. Its pretty much the flagship restaurant for UNM. Get a cinnamon roll. If you don't like cinnamon rolls get their hot chocolate. If you don't like hot chocolate try the fresh squeezed orange juice.

Peace out.

Speedmaster
Lol did you really just tell someone to get non New Mexican food at one of the best New Mexican restaurants in Albuquerque??

Lol did you really just tell someone to get non New Mexican food at one of the best New Mexican restaurants in Albuquerque??

:DAbsolutely. The cinnamon rolls at Frontier are delicious. Same goes for the hot chocolate and orange juice. If you really want the best New Mexican/Mexican Food in Albuquerque then there's nothing better than Sanchez's Taco's (Central and Rhode Island):smuggrin:. Then again, dont pass up Cervantes, Mary and Tito's, and El Patio if your not up for heading into the international district.

Good Luck to all of those who are interviewing tomorrow!

Thanks Speedmaster! I think it went well! Gosh, picking a pharmacy school is hard though.

BTW, I went to Frontier and ordered the Frontier Burrito as well as one of their sweet rolls. I read on Yelp that their Green Chile stew was great, so the burrito had some on it, so I got it. :p I was so full though I didn't get to eat the roll and saved it for when I got home. The nice lady at the pick up window told me to put some butter so it doesn't dry out when I heat it up. I just heated it a little and it wasn't dry, but I ate it too slow now it's dry. But it is definitely different than cinnamon rolls and is tastey. I'll have to try it again another time, fresh. It was good. I also went to Taqueria Mexico. It was really good and cheap (to me). :thumbup:

Glad you were able to stop by the frontier; It does have some really great food. Pleased to hear that your interview experience was positive. Hope you don't have to wait too long to hear back from UNM. Good luck with the rest of your semester and with choosing a Pharmacy School.

Cheers

Speedmaster

Does anyone know if there are any interviews in May? Does anyone know when orientation is? Do we sign up for classes during orientation?

Later Skaters :ninja::hungover:

~Speedmaster

Does anyone know if there are any interviews in May? Does anyone know when orientation is? Do we sign up for classes during orientation?

Later Skaters :ninja::hungover:

~Speedmaster
No interviews during May.
Final decisions are made in May once Spring grades have come in.

If your orientation is anything like ours it will be the week before school. Tuesday - Thursday (August 14-16) 8:00-3:00, with white coat ceremony Thursday night. You can register for classes as soon as your application to UNM is complete and your program status is updated to "Doctor of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy."

I got a letter saying I'm an alternate. :eyebrow: Oh well, my interview felt too good to be true. Haha... I probably won't be going here. I was waiting for a sign. Thanks for you guys' responses.

I got a letter saying I'm an alternate. :eyebrow: Oh well, my interview felt too good to be true. Haha... I probably won't be going here. I was waiting for a sign. Thanks for you guys' responses.

You're welcome. :xf:Still a chance.

-Speedmaster

Last edited:
Good Afternoon, I'm just wondering if there were many people in the same place as I am in. I had an interview at UNM COP on Jan. 21st and was told that I would hear back in "May". At this point I still haven't heard anything, accepted, rejected, or waitlist. I put a phone call in this week and was told that "they are deliberating and I will know in a week or two." It is very nerve racking! (I'm not sure if I should be reassured or disappointed with this status)

Hey everyone,

I received my letter of acceptance yesterday, Saturday, 5/19/12. It was dated on 5/17/12 and was mailed out on the 18th. It was sent to my Farmington, NM address so it took one day to get there. I also heard another person received their letter of acceptance on 5/19/12 as well. I interviewed February 11th. Hopefully this information helps out with others who are waiting. I'm assuming the letters are in route if you haven't received a notice yet. Good luck. Go class of 2016!!!

Hey everyone,

I received my letter of acceptance yesterday, Saturday, 5/19/12. It was dated on 5/17/12 and was mailed out on the 18th. It was sent to my Farmington, NM address so it took one day to get there. I also heard another person received their letter of acceptance on 5/19/12 as well. I interviewed February 11th. Hopefully this information helps out with others who are waiting. I'm assuming the letters are in route if you haven't received a notice yet. Good luck. Go class of 2016!!!

Congrats!!!! :clap::claps:

-Speedmaster

Random: Go Pacers since former UNM Basketball player Danny Granger is playing for them! He scored 20 points in the loss to Miami the other night. Go get em Indiana!

Hi everyone!

Just received my acceptance letter today in the mail! I interviewed on February 11th too so hopefully the letters are making their way to everyone. I still need to finish my 2 speech electives and microeco prereqs before August, so hopefully nothing happens during summer registration to prevent me from meeting everyone this fall.

I am moving from Austin, TX so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on where I should look for apts that are in a good area and/or close to campus I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Good luck to those still waiting to hear back! Can't wait to meet yall!