University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicusdjp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interested mainly in medical school that have a pass/fail curriculum. Does UNC Chapel Hill have this type of curriculum? Also, what other medical schools have pass/fail grading? I'm particularly interested in medical schools on the east coast but I would be interested in learning about others.

Members don't see this ad.

I interested mainly in medical school that have a pass/fail curriculum. Does UNC Chapel Hill have this type of curriculum? Also, what other medical schools have pass/fail grading? I'm particularly interested in medical schools on the east coast but I would be interested in learning about others.

UNC is P/F for the first year but not afterwards.

There are many schools with P/F preclinical curriculums these days. Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Yale, Duke, Vanderbilt, UChicago just to name a few.

UNC is P/F for the first year but not afterwards.

There are many schools with P/F preclinical curriculums these days. Harvard, Johns Hopkins, Yale, Duke, Vanderbilt, UChicago just to name a few.

That's good to know. Personally I think the p/f system is better for medical school because it relieves students of some of the competitiveness. I stress the "some" in that sentence.