University of North Texas (UNTHSC/TCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Haven't got the call yet but status changed online!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! When were you all complete?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just feeding my neuroticism here, but I was wondering, for those who have had your status change, did it go from "Has been received" straight to "Invited for Interview? Or did it go to "Under Review"?

Just feeding my neuroticism here, but I was wondering, for those who have had your status change, did it go from "Has been received" straight to "Invited for Interview? Or did it go to "Under Review"?
Mine just says your application is complete lol...not sure if im looking at the right area....

Mine just says your application is complete lol...not sure if im looking at the right area....
You are looking in the right spot. In my experience, it will go from:

complete --> under review --> invited for interview --> under review --> accepted

OR

complete --> under review --> invited for interview --> under review --> your application has been reviewed (silent rejection)

Obviously, it could also skip right to "has been reviewed" if you are not invited for an interview. I'm sure there are other variants (ie. waitlist), but we can deal with that later if it comes up.

Reactions: 2 users
oooh this
You are looking in the right spot. In my experience, it will go from:

complete --> under review --> invited for interview --> under review --> accepted

OR

complete --> under review --> invited for interview --> under review --> your application has been reviewed (silent rejection)

Obviously, it could also skip right to "has been reviewed" if you are not invited for an interview. I'm sure there are other variants (ie. waitlist), but we can deal with that later if it comes up.
ooooh this makes things more clear. Thanks!

Does the status shown online ever change from "this application is complete" to "under review"? Or does it stay as "this application is complete" until you receive an II?

Does the status shown online ever change from "this application is complete" to "under review"? Or does it stay as "this application is complete" until you receive an II?

Mine went straight from complete to interview invite.

After my interview it changed to under review.

Is it be too late to apply to TCOM? I have all of my transcripts in to TMDSAS, but I never bothered to finish, because my grades are below average without the grade replacement policy. I'm a Texas resident, stationed (military) in MD, if that makes any difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it be too late to apply to TCOM? I have all of my transcripts in to TMDSAS, but I never bothered to finish, because my grades are below average without the grade replacement policy. I'm a Texas resident, stationed (military) in MD, if that makes any difference.

I don't think so. If you look at previous threads there are people that applied in September and got II a few days later. Go for it!

Definitely not too late! Try to have your primary and secondary completed by the end of the month.

how did you guys prepare for the interview. this is my first medical school interview so i dont know what expect!

how did you guys prepare for the interview. this is my first medical school interview so i dont know what expect!

I just interviewed at TCOM today. It was definitely a great experience! In terms of preparation I didn't do too much. Make sure to be able to answer the question "why DO" and perhaps study up on what "OMM" is. Other than that the interviews were way relaxed and didn't necessitate any real intensive preparation.

Does TCOM have silent rejection? Or is status immediately updated on portal once after application is reviewed? Not sure whats taking long...Any international applicants receive interviews already?

Last year my status stayed the same until I was rejected. I believe they do silent rejections.

Last year my status stayed the same until I was rejected. I believe they do silent rejections.
So you're saying all rejections were handed out at same time? If so, do you remember when that was?

Does TCOM go through apps in order? Some people have gotten II a few days after submitting and others have been waiting for months... Is it a silent rejection?

I only applied to tcom at the end of September bc my grades and mcat were very low, they called for an interview In mid October, and I was prematched in early December. It was a miracle....then I failed out 2 years later.

Your post makes zero sense. Poor troll skill detected.

Reactions: 4 users
It's a good question, but I don't think anybody really knows. I submitted on 8/14, and my status page just tells me that I'm complete. No "You are under review" or the dreaded "You have been reviewed". I'm just hoping that OOS ppl still have a chance.
Still plenty of time for you OOSers.

Mine says, "complete" but it has said so for 2 months+ now. OOS ~66LizzyM. I don't understand why mine hasn't been reviewed yet.

Does it ever really switch to "under review"? I don't think it does, but I could be wrong! My situation is similar to yours. Guess all we can really do is wait. :/

Mine went from complete to interview invite, so I doubt it.

I think if you are still complete, you are still in the running.

Some quick tips:
1) Treat everyone as if they are interviewing you...you never know who is listening on, so be kind and cordial to everyone (very easy, since everyone, even the custodial staff, is super nice at TCOM)
2) Make sure you understand some basics on Osteopathy. Here is the AACOM guide (32 pages). Also, I don't know if it is stressed too hard nowadays, but it doesn't hurt to know bare bones about the PPACA or healthcare in general.
3) Its good to ask one or two questions, either from your interviewer or from the ambassadors: they will know a ton about how classes are and what to expect (moreso with ambassadors, since they are already running the gauntlet in terms of classes)
4) That is a very very very good interview prep video (there is a part 2 as well)

Good luck and have a great interview!

Reactions: 3 users
Got a II a few weeks ago after I called and asked what was going on when I saw I had been invited for an interview on the portal but no email. Said they called but didn't leave an email.... So be sure to check your portal frequently bc I have to wait til end of October til II now..
3.6cGPA
3.45 sGPA
31 MCAT

Got a II a few weeks ago after I called and asked what was going on when I saw I had been invited for an interview on the portal but no email. Said they called but didn't leave an email.... So be sure to check your portal frequently bc I have to wait til end of October til II now..
3.6cGPA
3.45 sGPA
31 MCAT
Congrats! When were you complete?

3.6cGPA
3.45 sGPA
31 MCAT

Wow so they have filled dates all the way until then or that's the only date that worked for you?

Do you send DO letter to TCOM via email?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you send DO letter to TCOM via email?

I interfolio-ed it to their physical address, but if I recall the secondary invite email offers you an email address to send it to.

did you get invited? i thought we didn't need to get invited for secondaries... https://www.tmdsas.com/medical/application-instructions.html#sec_application

Sorry, the EUID access email.

It has been a few months since I did this and I already forgot.

"Optional letters of recommendation can be sent to our office at the following address:

TCOM Admissions & Outreach
3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard
Fort Worth, TX 76107"

You can also just call them and ask about emailing, they are very friendly.

If my status still says "Your application has been received" after 2+ months, is this a silent rejection? Seems like most people getting II get them within a few weeks...
Stats: 3.86/28

Last edited:
If my application still says "Your application has been received" after 2+ months, is this a silent rejection? Seems like most people getting II get them within a few weeks...
Stats: 3.86/28

Same..... 3.6/30 was complete 6/11. Are you a non-trad?

Got my interview invite during my morning jog on Friday :laugh:. They were booked until September 29

Interviewed today! It was awesome. Both interviews were very conversational and comfortable. However, I was asked a couple of ethics questions in the second interview. I'm happy to answer questions if anyone has any.

Did anyone who get an interview, not have a recommendation letter from a d.o..

Hmm app complete 6/30 and it still shows "This application is Complete"

Were you OOS or IS? I am getting a little nervous. I am OOS from Utah. I was complete on 7/6 with letters. My stats are cgpa 3.49, sgpa 3.48, mcat 513 (like a 33). My gpa is lower due to some high school/college credit classes. TCOM is my top choice and I am going crazy!

30 years later I respond, sorry school can be rough. I was in state but don't freak out yet