University of Pikeville - Kentucky (KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh, ok with scholarships the tuition difference for you makes sense. I was just trying to figure out how I messed up their tuition after your post haha. Thanks for the input guys but all this advice doesn't really help me unless I get an acceptance to kycom, so I'll just be patiently waiting by my phone until then, if it ever comes. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting sucks! I know the feeling, just a general word of advise, people like to bash on kycom and any new school. I wouldn't really listen to them, just remember go where you could see your self the most. For me, being on top of a mountain in a city of 5k is perfect. Less people, less stupidity to deal with.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes they are but they ha i was just listing stuff of i didn't put it in priority. Im also eligible for a few scholarships from kycom so it drops it down for me a bit. Every little saving helps, just remember your about to be living on cheese and crackers for the next 7 years of your life.

How do you know that you are eligible for scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
@DO-09 as of right now ive canceled all my other interviews and am content on kycom. I threw down 1k on the deposit already. I loved everything about kycom. Friendly people, no gunners, good teachers, brand new building and the fact that everyone knows everyone. I am still holding on to hope for MSUCOM because its within my home state.

Hey what part of Michigan are you from? I grew up in Michigan and infact did my undergrad at MSU. I love MSUCOM, but because I am currently a Virginia resident, I would be considered out of state and the tuition for OOS for that school is crazy so I didn't even apply.

is this a silent rejection school? Or do they actually notify you of your rejection?

is this a silent rejection school? Or do they actually notify you of your rejection?

If you are accepted, they will call you within a week or so after interview and let you know. If you either waitlisted or rejected, then you will get it in the mail.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received the Acceptance call from the Dean as well! :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I got accepted into KYCOM a few months ago and wondering does anybody know what apartments might be nice?

Hi I got accepted into KYCOM a few months ago and wondering does anybody know what apartments might be nice?

It would be better to ask that on the Facebook page. I have only seen pictures of two apartments online and both of them are quite expensive. Best to call and ask the landlords if they can email you pictures, or ask current students.

Got an interview for 2/27, anyone else going that date.

Congrats! When were you complete? Is or oos?

Does anyone know if they accept update letters?

I've followed this question through a couple threads and the general idea is if you actually have an update to send then it's not a bad thing to do but to send a letter just to say "hey i'm still interested" is unnecessary.

This is only my opinion from what I have gathered reading through forums.

I've followed this question through a couple threads and the general idea is if you actually have an update to send then it's not a bad thing to do but to send a letter just to say "hey i'm still interested" is unnecessary.

The best updates I would say are your semester grades, if you started a research project, or if you're shadowing for an extended period of time.

Thanks! Does anyone know who to send updates to for this school?

Interviewing on the 27th! Anyone who interviewed recently have any advice?

So I am not sure if I did it correctly. But I had my transcripts sent to the same address as the immunizations. Not sure if I was supposed to send it anywhere else. Thus far have finished my titers, vaccines, transcripts and I just have to find housing and do the background check.

Interviewing on the 27th! Anyone who interviewed recently have any advice?
Be yourself. Really know your application. Smile. Understand that your interviewers are human and think of them as your advocates. You want to show them that you are a human and not a study robot machine thang.

Try to connect with them, smile and laugh. But in the end keep it professional. I leaned back once in my chair for like a second and quickly realized it and quickly made it seem as if I was readjusting in my seat. I laughed a lot, we cracked a couple jokes. I connected well with my interviewers and you should strive to do the same.

These people want to find reasons to admit you. Not to deny you. Kycom and it's faculty are fantastic at making you feel very welcome. At least in my case.

Reactions: 2 users
Be yourself. Really know your application. Smile. Understand that your interviewers are human and think of them as your advocates. You want to show them that you are a human and not a study robot machine thang.

Try to connect with them, smile and laugh. But in the end keep it professional. I leaned back once in my chair for like a second and quickly realized it and quickly made it seem as if I was readjusting in my seat. I laughed a lot, we cracked a couple jokes. I connected well with my interviewers and you should strive to do the same.

These people want to find reasons to admit you. Not to deny you. Kycom and it's faculty are fantastic at making you feel very welcome. At least in my case.
Sounds exactly like my interview, after they harped on one weak point in my app it was like speaking to a friend of your parents who you haven't seen in a while

I really enjoyed my interview day here but I'll be declining my acceptance.

Nope, today was match day in Texas, going to TCOM.

Reactions: 1 users
Applied to Pikeville extremely late in the game. Just got an interview invite for 3/27/15 which is the last day they have interviews! I am sure that I will be interviewing to be wait listed which is fine. Just letting my other SDNers know that if you are thinking about applying here do it ASAP!

I just paid my deposit. Sent my transcripts. I think I got everything done. So hard to find a place down there though.

Dr. Jekyll are you going to kycom for sure? There was this girl who was interviewing after me. She was in group b never got a chance to ask her how her interview went. I think her name started with an A.

I just paid my deposit. Sent my transcripts. I think I got everything done. So hard to find a place down there though.

Dr. Jekyll are you going to kycom for sure? There was this girl who was interviewing after me. She was in group b never got a chance to ask her how her interview went. I think her name started with an A.
@DrDreams As of right now yes I am. Im still waiting on MSUCOM though, i made a friend during my interview while i was there who might be my roommate but hes also waiting on another school. Did you join the fb group yet ?

Yes. I joined the fb group. Been calling housing places a d emailing them too. I keep getting "unfortunately it is still rented"

Yes. I joined the fb group. Been calling housing places a d emailing them too. I keep getting "unfortunately it is still rented"
really ? im looking at the apt and they said its better if i go check them out myself instead of just look at the pics. If i dont get anything by March im heading down there to check some out.

28 MCAT, 26 retake. 3.03 undergrad gpa, 3.47 masters SMP. Been complete since December. No interview invite. From the southern US. Disappointed to not hear back
I waited 4 months after being complete to recieve my II in December. I had given up hope and then all the sudden interview! Patience my friend.

It was wonderful meeting some of you today at the interview! Good luck to everyone :xf:

It was wonderful meeting some of you today at the interview! Good luck to everyone :xf:
Rooting for you! Let us know when you hear something

Why this posted twice I'm not sure, guess you deserve some double love!

Anyone who interviewed last week (Fri/Sat) receive a call yet? Expecting calls like this makes me feel like I can't use my phone during the day:nailbiting: cause you know call waiting isn't real or anything :laugh:

Anyone who interviewed last week (Fri/Sat) receive a call yet? Expecting calls like this makes me feel like I can't use my phone during the day:nailbiting: cause you know call waiting isn't real or anything :laugh:

Not yet :(

At least I'm not the only one out there feeling like a pathetic teenage girl waiting for a phone call that may never come.

except it is more like occasionally glancing at my cell phone

Attachments

• waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring.jpg
    waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 70