University of Pikeville - Kentucky (KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still nothing?

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing here. After sifting through the last 2 pages it looked like it was 3-4 days into the following week when people posted acceptance calls last month. So maybe he's just been out of the office or busy. I also saw someone post that their call came in at 9pm lol Dr. Buser seems like such a cool guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told after my interview this past weekend that the decisions would be made on Monday and Tuesday and then the phone calls are supposed to be going out later this week (Thursday/Friday?).

You're right JeBrAs, I was thinking the phone call was Mon/Tue and the official letter would be expected by the end of the week. Thinking back though, that sounds right.

Letter took about two weeks after the call for me . I got te call on a Wednesday afternoon. Good luck to all of you guys. I hope you enjoyed the school as much as I did

I interviewed on Saturday. My interview went better than I could ever have hoped for. Although my numbers are ok (27, 3.6, 3.58) and I have worked in healthcare for several years, was a visiting medical student in France and now have been teaching in an economically disadvantaged, struggling high school for several years; I am older than even the average non-traditional student! I discussed this at the interview, noting I intend to give a minimum of 29 years of service upon graduation consistent with the school's mission. And though they seemed to be satisfied and complimented me repeatedly on my applications and essays, I still worry my age may be a problem......

Also, does anyone know (or can reason a prediction) the number they are likely to accept from the last 50 interviewed?

Thanks!

Also, does anyone know (or can reason a prediction) the number they are likely to accept from the last 50 interviewed?

Thanks!
I have no idea their acceptance numbers from the interview. I really don't think they limit it and just accept those that they see fitting at the school.
I don't think your age will be an issue. I know a couple people who they've accepted who are very non traditional, when asked about it in their interview they handled themselves well and got in.

Nothing here. After sifting through the last 2 pages it looked like it was 3-4 days into the following week when people posted acceptance calls last month. So maybe he's just been out of the office or busy. I also saw someone post that their call came in at 9pm lol Dr. Buser seems like such a cool guy.
Dr. Buser is making calls currently. :]

App submitted early January. Interviewed 2/6/15. Got the acceptance call around 4pm today. Pretty surreal feeling. Let me know if anyone has questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 2/7. Just got the call!

I interviewed back in December and was placed on hold. Just got the call, I'm accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those who got accepted. Those that haven't heard back, don't give up.

Be sure to join the Facebook page for the class of 2019 :banana::banana::banana:

Interviewed on Friday.. Just got the call :) Good Luck :)

Reactions: 1 users
I have no idea their acceptance numbers from the interview. I really don't think they limit it and just accept those that they see fitting at the school.
I don't think your age will be an issue. I know a couple people who they've accepted who are very non traditional, when asked about it in their interview they handled themselves well and got in.

Well my "age discrimination fears" were completely unfounded. Got the call around 5 pm - my lifetime dream of being accepted to medical school was finally realized today. Looking forward to meeting you all and working together over the next several years....

Reactions: 6 users
Well my "age discrimination fears" were completely unfounded. Got the call around 5 pm - my lifetime dream of being accepted to medical school was finally realized today. Looking forward to meeting you all and working together over the next several years....
Happy for you!! Knew you had nothing to worry about. :happy:

Well I did get a phone call today with a number from Pikeville KY, but I was at work and missed it! I am hoping that means an acceptance (I was told that the phone call meant an acceptance). Now I must wait to see if they try again tomorrow. I also interviewed on 02/06/15. Congrats to everyone who was accepted :clap:

Do you think more calls will go out tomorrow or today was it? Sadly I interviewed 2/6 and didn't receive one today :(

I think they will continue tonight for another hour or so and then a few in the morning.

Do you think more calls will go out tomorrow or today was it? Sadly I interviewed 2/6 and didn't receive one today :(
Don't fret too much, I got my hold letter on the Friday and it worked for me! Hold onto hope!

I just got called back today! Accepted!

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed on 2/7. I also missed the phone calls but spoke with the Dean today regarding my acceptance!

Interviewed last Saturday and no phone call yet... this is frightening :S

Interviewed last Saturday and no phone call yet... this is frightening :S
Most likely if you haven't gotten a call yet it won't be an acceptance as calls have gone out the past couple days. But don't give up hope yet! You could be just like me and placed on hold for some reason in your app. You should hear from them with that next week.

Most likely if you haven't gotten a call yet it won't be an acceptance as calls have gone out the past couple days. But don't give up hope yet! You could be just like me and placed on hold for some reason in your app. You should hear from them with that next week.
:bang::bang:

Thank you. I sure don't want to lose hope but it's hard at this point, and to be honest, being put on hold and getting accepted must be a 1 in a million kind of shot :( Lucky you !!

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed Ronnie Collins yesterday about when we would get an email and what days Dr. Buser would be making calls and if he is done. He replied saying that all calls and letters will be done by Monday and that there was a delay. I have a feeling the calls are done though and they are just trying to get the emails out. I could be wrong though, hopefully I am!

Would it be possible for people who got accepted to share their stats?

Thank you, I am applying this next cycle

3.41 cGPA, 3.21 sGPA, 26 MCAT P10/V6/B10

Just a heads up to those expecting to hear something today, UPike is shut down from snow so you'll probably have to wait. Just didn't want you on pins and needles today!

To anyone who has recently been accepted, have you gotten any official acceptance letter yet?

If I'm not mistaken, the letter in the mail from Dr. Buser is supposed to inform us on the specifics to securing your seat, immunizations, etc.
Is this correct?

To anyone who has recently been accepted, have you gotten any official acceptance letter yet?

If I'm not mistaken, the letter in the mail from Dr. Buser is supposed to inform us on the specifics to securing your seat, immunizations, etc.
Is this correct?

After I was accepted I got an email telling me what I needed to do. Came after a week or so after I got the call from the dean.

After I was accepted I got an email telling me what I needed to do. Came after a week or so after I got the call from the dean.

Thanks, and I should have at least until that time to submit my deposit right? I know for most schools at this period in the cycle it's ~14 days max.

Thanks, and I should have at least until that time to submit my deposit right? I know for most schools at this period in the cycle it's ~14 days max.

I believe this late in the cycle the deadline is 2 weeks after the call. Check your portal it should be updated by now.

Haha, my portal says I have until December 14, 2014 to secure my seat. I'm screwed!

Here comes the acceptance email, 9 days to pay the deposit. @.@ And 1 week before my LMU-DCOM interview. It's a conspiracy.

Have an interview this Friday. Any advice?

Have an interview this Friday. Any advice?
1. Be yourself.
2. Know the school and what it offers.
3. Know your application and your essays.
4. Be able to show what motivates you to become DO or go into medicine in general.
5. Be comfortable with and know how to explain your weaknesses.
6. Show/explain how you can contribute to the school and its mission.
7. Be confident with your answers.
8. Show a sense of humor, smile, be friendly, and be human.

Hope this helps! PM me if you have any questions on specifics!

I had never done an interview with two people before, that kind of threw me off. Maybe practice having two people ask you questions at a time, just so you are familiar with that scenario.