University of Pikeville - Kentucky (KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting for almost 2 months, but no secondary here yet. I emailed them a few weeks ago. They replied back with a confirmation of my primary receipt.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks!

yeah I have been complete also and no status change or anything. They just say I am screening ready but idk nothing yet

I would not know what to ask if I did email tho... People that completed after me received ii so I am not sure what to think of that.. This was one of my top choices also :(

I think they rank each applicant on priority list. Higher MCATs get early ii.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my secondary 10/29 and submitted my letters of rec on 10/1 and then again 10/30 (thinking they did not get them). On the portal it still says my letters have not been received and I am not complete. I called last Friday and they said my letters were scheduled to be uploaded that day, however, still no portal change. How long after letters and secondary submission were you guys complete?

When I spoke to Ronnie he said that if you letters and everything are in you are complete its just that the system has a glitch

I'll be declining my acceptance offer to attend an allopathic school. I wish all of you the best! KYCOM was fantastic!

Reactions: 1 user
I have been complete since 9/13 and still have not heard anything.. Should I email someone?
I understand how you feel. My secondary app has been complete since 9/23 and haven't heard anything from them at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed this past weekend (11/15), how did it go?

I received complete email on 9/12. I hadn't heard anything back so I checked the portal today. Turns out I received an interview invite :clap:. If you have been waiting a while and have not heard anything, then I would suggest checking the portal.

Anyone else interviewing on Dec. 5?

Reactions: 1 users
I received complete email on 9/12. I hadn't heard anything back so I checked the portal today. Turns out I received an interview invite :clap:. If you have been waiting a while and have not heard anything, then I would suggest checking the portal.

My status says complete but i never got an email saying it was

Are you from that region or OOS?

Are you from that region or OOS?

I'm from cincinnati, ohio. Although it's an urban area, I think ohio applicants are still considered part of the Appalachian area because eastern ohio is very rural. PM if you have any other questions

I understand how you feel. My secondary app has been complete since 9/23 and haven't heard anything from them at all.

I completed my secondary on 9/22 and I interviewed last weekend. I'm from Ohio but I go to UK, so I'm not sure how residency affected me. I think your best option is just to shoot Ronnie an email and make sure your application is being reviewed.

Last edited:
Accepted! Interviewed 11/14.
For those who have interviewed or current students, can you tell me about the anatomy and simulation labs? We couldn't see the anatomy lab for privacy reasons, and the student guides didn't show us the sim lab. I had to do a bit of searching in order to find anything out about the sim lab from the website, but if someone could tell me specifically about it I would really appreciate it!

For those who have interviewed or current students, can you tell me about the anatomy and simulation labs? We couldn't see the anatomy lab for privacy reasons, and the student guides didn't show us the sim lab. I had to do a bit of searching in order to find anything out about the sim lab from the website, but if someone could tell me specifically about it I would really appreciate it!

That was quick. Congratulations!!

Thank you! Yes it was very quick. They said their admissions council met on Monday morning though, so I bet there were some people who found out yesterday evening too.

Accepted! Interviewed on Saturday! Giving all the Glory to God!

(Not received the call yet, but it was on my portal.)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interviewed on Saturday! Giving all the Glory to God!

(Not received the call yet, but it was on my portal.)
Same here! My portal was updated, but no phone call yet. I think he must have called the Friday group first. Were you interviewed on Saturday?

Got accepted yesterday! (I checked my status through portal.. then got a call, confirming my acceptance).

Last edited:
Hi there! Current first year here. The anatomy lab is very nice. The building is pretty much brand new, as is the lab. There's usually five people to a body, sometimes four. If they ever demo something there are screens around the lab so everyone gets a good view. They provide a washer and dryer for your lab scrubs (lab scrubs are also provided in addition to the official scrubs). We saw the sim labs when I interviewed, but that's the last time I was in there. We have SIMman and SIMbaby as well as Harvey dolls for listening to heart sounds. I don't have much more info on that. You don't do much with patient contact your first semester, just learn how to take a history. If you guys have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a message and I'll try to get back to you. Congrats to those of you just receiving acceptances!

Current first year, and was one of the students at the interviews on Friday: congrats to everyone who was accepted! Anatomy lab is awesome. 4-5 students per cadaver, and that works out really well. The lab coordinator is awesome, and very helpful. We have a radiology room in there too and they put up radiology images for you to study every block...those will also be on the lab exams. Can't speak on the SIM stuff, as we have not used them yet. I think we get to use them second semester. If anyone has any questions, let me know!

Interviewed 11/15/14, got acceptance call last night that I'm in, but nothing has changed on portal

Interviewed 11/15/14, got acceptance call last night that I'm in, but nothing has changed on portal

No worries. I heard they are trying to fix something. congrats!

ii for 12/05/2014, you guys have any advise on how to prep or whats its like ?

ii for 12/05/2014, you guys have any advise on how to prep or whats its like ?
when were you complete? My portal keeps showing incomplete and I have called and also emailed and been told it is nothing to worry about. It has been a few weeks now :/

Last edited:
when were you complete? My portal keeps showing incomplete and I have called and also emailed and been told it is nothing to worry about. It has been a few weeks now :/
I was complete around October 25th

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

I just had a quick question: I received my complete email the other morning, so what's the next step? Will I receive another email saying my application is under review? Or will I hear nothing further until they decide whether or not to grant an interview? Just wondered what everyone else's experiences have been like through the process! Thanks in advance!

I was accepted back in September, but recently received an internship that would put me a year behind on graduation. Does anyone know their deferral policy? What are my chances of deferring my acceptance for a year? Can I get it in writing? I've tried calling and leaving voicemails since last week and no one at the Admissions Office will answer.

Waiting for almost 2 months, but no secondary here yet. I emailed them a few weeks ago. They replied back with a confirmation of my primary receipt.

I got my secondary request 10 days after my primary was submitted. You should call their admissions office. *fingers crossed you hear something soon*

Excited to be interviewing here on Saturday! :)
Are there any medical students/graduates who can give an insight into the 3rd and 4th year clinical rotations at this school? There seems to be a lot of bashing on SDN about this, but it would be nice to hear from actual students rather than disgruntled pre-meds.

Just noticed that someone else posted a thread about my question ^^ So sorry if this is repetitive.

I got my secondary request 10 days after my primary was submitted. You should call their admissions office. *fingers crossed you hear something soon*
how long after your secondary did you wait before an ii? or have you received one yet?

Does anyone have a apartment list? or know where to find them? I'm trying to find a apartment that allows two pets (I have a cat and a dog).

Complete! Just sent in my secondary on Sunday.

Complete! Just sent in my secondary on Sunday.
Did they send you an email stating your complete? I received an automatic email saying that my secondary was submitted and upon completion will be reviewed.

Did they send you an email stating your complete? I received an automatic email saying that my secondary was submitted and upon completion will be reviewed.

Yup. I received the same email you did after submitting the secondary on Sunday and then received the complete email first thing this morning.

Hey guys, I'm getting a tad worried. I only ever received the payment confirmation email and my portal still shows LOR have not been received. I've called and emailed multiple times (with no response for any of them). Seems like everyone is at least getting a confirmation email...

Hey guys, I'm getting a tad worried. I only ever received the payment confirmation email and my portal still shows LOR have not been received. I've called and emailed multiple times (with no response for any of them). Seems like everyone is at least getting a confirmation email...

When did you submit your LOR?