University of Pikeville - Kentucky (UP-KYCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Professor Laurich still conducts interviews?
I interviewed on Oct. 9 and Professor Laurich was one of my interviewers.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know how many applicants are interviewed? What percent are offered acceptances?

I know they said last year around 3500 applicants and 500 interviews for 135 spots I believe.. But I think it's 50% of each day get accepted or on hold.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on the same day and had him as well :) are you the emt I met?!?
Most likely, unless there was more than one of us floating around. I don't recall meeting any others while I was there.

Has anyone here confirmed they definitely screen out at 498? I've heard that the representative, Ronnie has been telling people that. I contacted him weeks ago and he never responded.

Has anyone here confirmed they definitely screen out at 498? I've heard that the representative, Ronnie has been telling people that. I contacted him weeks ago and he never responded.

Bump

Has anyone who interviewed Friday or Saturday heard anything yet ?

Anyone know the average time it takes to hear back once being complete?

Does anyone know if there's a facebook group yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
They are quick to reply. Really quick so you will know much faster then other schools. I was called on the first Wednesday after I interviewed but I've heard both Tuesday's and Thursday's they call to.

On Saturday they told us as early as Tuesday but not to worry if a week or two goes by.
Honestly, if 2 weeks go by worry if there isn't any crazy weather to prevent them from meeting.

Once again, they meet on Monday after interview weekend and the dean will call you that week if you're accepted.

Anyone know the average time it takes to hear back once being complete?

BUMP to all those who received an II or pre-II rejection. I would really appreciate it if you could state your completion dates and when you heard back!

No. I have been hovering my phone all day!

I think my call came around 4:30ish central time so you guys will probably hear back around then! Good luck! I hope you all get accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
I think my call came around 4:30ish central time so you guys will probably hear back around then! Good luck! I hope you all get accepted!
Awesome thank you

I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you have to only be interested in primary care? I ask because of one of their secondary questions.

How many interviewed on Saturday? Their weren't many people who interviewed on Friday. God Bless and good luck !

How many interviewed on Saturday? Their weren't many people who interviewed on Friday. God Bless and good luck !

There are always more people on Saturday. Average Friday is 15-20.. Saturday's can be anywhere from 30-50

I know this sounds ridiculous, but do you have to only be interested in primary care? I ask because of one of their secondary questions.
We have students that go into all kinds of specialties from primary care (family, internal, general peds) to orthopedic surgery.

Has anyone who interviewed this past weekend heard anything yet?

I interviewed on Friday and have not heard back.

Finally, got acceptance call about 30 minutes ago. Wonder if they go in alphabetical order?

hey guys, for those of you receiving your acceptance calls today, were you Friday or Saturday interviews

Received the call today! Accepted! Interviewed this past Saturday.

Didn't get the call today, which means most likely a rejection. 500 MCAT, 3.7GPA, 3.5 sGPA, traveled Morocco w peace corps / Mexico with a medical brigade.... I thought I had an awesome interview... No clue what happened.

Nope! If you got the call then you're accepted!
@flapjack27 They might not have gotten around to doing everyone's calls, or you could be on hold. Hopefully you get good news!
Since it seems like there's no facebook group, I was thinking I'd make one. I'll post the link for it when I'm done!

I've heard that the call window is Tuesday / Wednesday / Thursday the following week.. any truth to that?

I got my phone call yesterday. I am very excited because I really had a great interview experience at UP-KYCOM. It is the kind of atmosphere I would love to learn and grow in. I am now just waiting for more information to come in about the deposit and all else needed to be done.