University of Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ROTC Cadet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Received my first interview invite today!

School: Pittsburgh
Notification date: 8/29
Method of notification: email
Residency: PA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/6
Application complete date: 6/20
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.8; oGPA: 3.85
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/19/20; 16 on QR

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As did I, congrats! Which dates did they offer you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, chose the oct. 8th interview. I had pretty much the same stats as you but I submitted end of july.

I chose the October 8 interview as well. 7th batch applicant.

Sept 24th, first batch, my stats are avail in one of my previous posts.

Are you all in-state? Former Pittsburgh resident here, now in NC. Pitt hasn't made a peep since I sent in my application. :(

Interview Sept 24th!!!!

I requested the 24th also, hopefully it works out bc I'll be oos for another interview 10/5-10/8 & won't be able to make the latter date they offered

I requested the 24th also, hopefully it works out bc I'll be oos for another interview 10/5-10/8 & won't be able to make the latter date they offered

awww "First world problems" lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Were your Aadsas portals updated reflecting the interview invite?

confirmation for my interview sept 24! who else is going that day? AADSAS changed to invited for interview this morning for me.

Does pittsburgh require a writing sample during the interview? If so, what does it entail

Does pittsburgh require a writing sample during the interview? If so, what does it entail

Yea they do. I think the prompt is random, but The day I interviewed, the school was closed due to a blizzard (minus the interview of course) and they had us write about our "difficulty/adventure" making it to the school that day in the blizzard. They just want to make sure you can organize thoughts on paper, so don't stress

Yea they do. I think the prompt is random, but The day I interviewed, the school was closed due to a blizzard (minus the interview of course) and they had us write about our "difficulty/adventure" making it to the school that day in the blizzard. They just want to make sure you can organize thoughts on paper, so don't stress

Thank you for the insight. Did you end up getting an acceptance from them, and if so, are you currently attending?

After you sent your email to RSVP your interview, did they send a confirmation email? If so, how long did it take them to reply? I sent an email to RSVP a week ago and haven't heard anything back yet.

For those interviewing on monday (9/24), did you receive that days itinerary from Rosemary? I booked my room at the Holiday Inn University Center, is anyone else staying there or close-by?

For those interviewing on monday (9/24), did you receive that days itinerary from Rosemary? I booked my room at the Holiday Inn University Center, is anyone else staying there or close-by?

Nope, haven't gotten that itinerary yet. Cool, i'll be at that Holiday Inn as well.

I will be in the that hotel on Sunday!

For those that applied to Pitt how long did the school take to even show up on your portal? I'm 9th batch (8/24) and it doesn't even show up... Also, the only confirmation I have that they received my application was because I called a few weeks ago to make sure.

My application was mailed on 08/03, and showed up on my portal on 08/06. AADSAS is weird like that. I know some people who have certain schools show up that I don't, and vice versa. That's why it's best to check your status if you are unsure.

My application was mailed on 08/03, and showed up on my portal on 08/06. AADSAS is weird like that. I know some people who have certain schools show up that I don't, and vice versa. That's why it's best to check your status if you are unsure.

Cool, thanks! Glad I called then.:)

Just received Mondays interview itinerary from Rosemary Mangold