Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from US? I applied to both the Doctorate's and Master's program, but haven't heard anything yet..

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything yet. Still waiting...

I haven't heard anything yet. Still waiting...
ahh okay. That's good to hear because they said that acceptance letters will be mailed out after Nov. 16. Hopefully it hasn't gone out yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
ahh okay. That's good to hear because they said that acceptance letters will be mailed out after Nov. 16. Hopefully it hasn't gone out yet.

Well, I noticed under the gpa/stats forum that someone was accepted Nov. 14th. I was really surprised by this tho considering they said letters would be sent out by the 16th. Ive been checking the mail religiously in anticipation for any news. Hopefully others will chime in with a reply...

I'm still contemplating applying here but the area is freaking me out :/

I'm still contemplating applying here but the area is freaking me out :/

Why? The area is really not bad at all. I have friends who go there (not for OT) and never heard of anything. In fact I would say the areas pretty nice, at least compared to Temple.

Compared to Temple, yes the area is nicer lol. Where are you from FutureOT2015? I emailed the school a while back asking for an update on my application and to see where they stand with making decisions and they never answered me. I had the same problem last year with this school. They rarely answer emails. I just don't understand how they can just ignore emails like that. Anyone else have the same problem? It's funny because I sent out similar emails to all the schools I applied to on the same day and all the other ones emailed me back within 24 hours.

Compared to Temple, yes the area is nicer lol. Where are you from FutureOT2015? I emailed the school a while back asking for an update on my application and to see where they stand with making decisions and they never answered me. I had the same problem last year with this school. They rarely answer emails. I just don't understand how they can just ignore emails like that. Anyone else have the same problem? It's funny because I sent out similar emails to all the schools I applied to on the same day and all the other ones emailed me back within 24 hours.

I've actually never had this problem. Aimee usually gets back to me pretty fast. Have you tried calling?

Very strange. I sent her an email like 3 weeks ago and she never answered. No, I didn't call... just emailed. Well since you have emailed her, did you hear anything worth mentioning?

Very strange. I sent her an email like 3 weeks ago and she never answered. No, I didn't call... just emailed. Well since you have emailed her, did you hear anything worth mentioning?

So far, I know that my application is in the dept. for review and I should hear something in 2 weeks. I'm waiting anxiously...

So far, I know that my application is in the dept. for review and I should hear something in 2 weeks. I'm waiting anxiously...

Oh nice, how did you hear this? Phone or email? Also when did you apply? I applied back in sep. I was OTCAS verified oct. 1.

Oh nice, how did you hear this? Phone or email? Also when did you apply? I applied back in sep. I was OTCAS verified oct. 1.

Hey I was verified in September. She's responded through phone and email, but this particular time it was through email. So hopefully she responds soon :)

Hey I was verified in September. She's responded through phone and email, but this particular time it was through email. So hopefully she responds soon :)

You could say that again!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from Aimee Nov 14th saying I was accepted into the program. They mailed the acceptance packet out the following week. I've been in touch with Aimee since I was verified in sept. I've called and emailed her numerous times about my app I know she was probably tired of me but I really think it helped to get me in.

I got a call from Aimee Nov 14th saying I was accepted into the program. They mailed the acceptance packet out the following week. I've been in touch with Aimee since I was verified in sept. I've called and emailed her numerous times about my app I know she was probably tired of me but I really think it helped to get me in.

Do you have contact information for Aimee? I don't see her info on their website..

Sure.
[email protected]
Office number 215-596-7505
Good luck!!!!

OMG!! THANK YOU!!!!

I just called and she told me that they look at applications in the order they are received. Since my app was verified Nov 7 I will most likely hear back mid-late Jan. She said they are looking at apps that were verified mid Oct. right now. Thank goodness, I was so worried when I read your post! lol BTW will you be attending?

OMG!! THANK YOU!!!!

I just called and she told me that they look at applications in the order they are received. Since my app was verified Nov 7 I will most likely hear back mid-late Jan. She said they are looking at apps that were verified mid Oct. right now. Thank goodness, I was so worried when I read your post! lol BTW will you be attending?

No prob! Don't be worried! It's still kindve early! She told me that I would hear from them in nov and I did. So they have been pretty good so far with keeping their word so you probably really will hear something after the holidays. U sciences isn't my first choice because it's sooo expensive! I have an interview with thomas Jefferson coming up and if I get accepted there I will decline u sciences.

No prob! Don't be worried! It's still kindve early! She told me that I would hear from them in nov and I did. So they have been pretty good so far with keeping their word so you probably really will hear something after the holidays. U sciences isn't my first choice because it's sooo expensive! I have an interview with thomas Jefferson coming up and if I get accepted there I will decline u sciences.

ohh good luck!! :) When did your app get verified btw and if you don't mind sharing your stats?

ohh good luck!! :) When did your app get verified btw and if you don't mind sharing your stats?

Thanks!

Undergrad Major: Psychology
Overall GPA:3.2
Last 60 credits: 3.45
Pre req GPA: 3.7- 3.85
MAT score: 401/ 62nd percentile
OTCAS verification: sept 24th.
OTCAS Observation hrs: over 100 hrs at a hand clinic, cancer center, elementary school, and lymphedema clinic.
500+ hrs of non-OT related volunteer work.
Work Experience:
1000+ hrs of TSS work in school and home settings. (One on one support for special needs children)
1000+ hrs with geriatrics as a home health aide.
Recommendation Letters: special needs teacher (supervisor), OT, and A&P 1 professor.

Applied to: Thomas Jefferson, Salus, Temple, Usciences, Philadelphia U, Jefferson college of health sciences (Virginia)

Interviews:
Thomas Jefferson (12/22)
Jefferson college of health sciences (1/23) (declined)

Acceptances:
University of the Sciences (11/14) (declined)
Thomas Jefferson: (01/08)

Rejections: Temple (11/4)

Attending Thomas Jefferson!! :) :) :D

Last edited:
OMG!! THANK YOU!!!!

Hmm I was verified Oct. 1.... So I'm confused...

They are starting to call people. I was accepted today.

Reactions: 1 users
Another question-- I got an acceptance letter and I had 2 weeks to respond. I also need to send in my official transcripts. Now I sent in the deposit so that will get there by the time it needs to but transcript orders are backed up and will not take place during the holidays. Therefore my transcripts will not get there by the time my deposit was due. In the letter it says, "The following provisions must be met prior to matriculation: Official transcripts" --------- does this mean they can be sent in after the due date or do they still need to be in by the two weeks?

^ Not for USciences btw

My application was verified late October but I just recently added Univ. Of the Sciences to my designated programs so I wonder when they will review my application. I should have applied when I sent in my app but I was kind of nervous about the location. I didn't want to regret it

My application was verified late October but I just recently added Univ. Of the Sciences to my designated programs so I wonder when they will review my application. I should have applied when I sent in my app but I was kind of nervous about the location. I didn't want to regret it

I'm in the same boat. I was verified October 30, but didn't designate USci until December 18th. Have you heard back from them yet, @FutureOT2015 ?

I was accepted to USciences last week. My application was verified on 10/17 but I will not be attending. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Not that I know of. I was accepted last month and it seems like they have a tendency to call first.

I was called and received the acceptance packet the next day..

TeelovesOt--- have you sent the deposit in?

I was called and received the acceptance packet the next day..

TeelovesOt--- have you sent the deposit in?

I'm choosing to attend thomas Jefferson. I let u sciences know last week so hopefully that opened up a spot for someone else. Did you put your deposit in yet?

I'm choosing to attend thomas Jefferson. I let u sciences know last week so hopefully that opened up a spot for someone else. Did you put your deposit in yet?
I did not put it in yet. Does anyone know when USciences starts? I know they start in the summer.. but what month? Is it really early May?

I did not put it in yet. Does anyone know when USciences starts? I know they start in the summer.. but what month? Is it really early May?

Yes It says in the acceptance packet that classes start in May.

they start may either may 25th or the 26th!

So i got accepted into Usciences but it says my acceptance is contingent on completion of physics by fall 2015, which I unfortunately could not take because it did not fit into my schedule. Does anyone know if I could take physics there over the summer? I am a little confused also because courses start in May when I technically have until fall to complete it. Im worried I wont be able to take it since we are supposed to take these courses over the summer but hoping since I took 2 semesters of chemistry and 2 semesters of biology they will waiver it. Any input will help!!

So i got accepted into Usciences but it says my acceptance is contingent on completion of physics by fall 2015, which I unfortunately could not take because it did not fit into my schedule. Does anyone know if I could take physics there over the summer? I am a little confused also because courses start in May when I technically have until fall to complete it. Im worried I wont be able to take it since we are supposed to take these courses over the summer but hoping since I took 2 semesters of chemistry and 2 semesters of biology they will waiver it. Any input will help!!

You should be able to take the online course through CalCampus. I live out of state and my course wasn't approved so this is the option they gave me. Hope this helps!

Thanks, I am going to give them a call tomorrow asap...stressing already!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted in nov. they called me first and then sent an acceptance packet through the mail a few days later.

Hi @TeelovesOt ,

After submitting your supplemental form to USci, how soon did you hear from them? I was verified in October, didn't designate until mid-December, and JUST received/submitted the supplemental form. I'm just trying to gauge when I might be hearing from the school. Please let me know! Thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also just received the supplemental application today and turned it in. I was verified early October but didn't designate this program till Nov 4th. Just wondering how long they take to review before they make their decisions?

Hi @TeelovesOt ,

After submitting your supplemental form to USci, how soon did you hear from them? I was verified in October, didn't designate until mid-December, and JUST received/submitted the supplemental form. I'm just trying to gauge when I might be hearing from the school. Please let me know! Thanks :)

Hi! I was verified Sept 24th, received the supplemental on sept 30th and sent it back the next day, and was accepted on Nov 14th. So it took them a little over 6 weeks to give me a decision. Good luck!

I got that same email about the supplemental form today. @flbOT35 my timeline is about the same as yours. I am actually pretty surprised how long it took to hear back from them. Were you completing prereqs this past semester? I just finished physics in the fall so I am wondering if this is what caused the hold up in hearing back.

I got that same email about the supplemental form today. @flbOT35 my timeline is about the same as yours. I am actually pretty surprised how long it took to hear back from them. Were you completing prereqs this past semester? I just finished physics in the fall so I am wondering if this is what caused the hold up in hearing back.
No, I had already completed all the prereqs before applying. I guess they just had a lot of applicants to wade through!
I find it weird they do not interview their applicants first before submitting acceptances, but it's kind of a relief in a way. I still don't know how I feel though about their program because their website is vague and I haven't heard from any past or recent students on this forum about their opinions of the OT programs. Does anybody know of anyone currently attending the program or has in the past?

At the time I was accepted I was in the process of completing A&P 2 and hadn't started physics yet. So they definitely accept people who haven't completed prereqs... I think they probably just have a huge influx of applications now.

After your supplemental application, how long did it take for yu to find out? If you submitted your supp. app after November....