University of South Florida class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone :)
I'm excited to apply this year so I'm starting a new thread for anyone else applying, also any advice from students or recent applicants is very welcomed!
-Mary

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty excited as well! I want to get everything going so that I can just submit everything at the beginning of August, then I'll be impatiently waiting for 10/18 to be here. Are you applying early decision to USF?

I feel the same! I just want to get everything out there and hope for the best. I was going to apply early decision but I decided to just turn in my application early to a few schools since some have rolling admissions I want to have a back up school just in case. But it'll be awesome for you to know by October!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else thinking USF for fall 2014?

Geez a year has gone by just like that? It felt like it was a week since I first posted in the C/O 2017 thread.

Anyways, even though my status is set to Pre-Pharmacy, I've actually been accepted to USF and am starting in the middle of August (there are personal reasons why I haven't changed my status to Pharmacy student). If any of you want to know how the cycle treated me, I'd be willing to talk about my experiences, from application to acceptance.

Hi
Congrats on your acceptance! Did you apply for early decision or regular?

Hi
Congrats on your acceptance! Did you apply for early decision or regular?

Thanks. I applied for regular decision. I actually did not consider pharmacy until last summer and was not able to put my application together in time for early decision.

Oh I see. I'm in and off about early decision... Right now my plan is to apply for early decision but I'm taking the pcat in September so idk if they'll wait for the pcat score to consider me or if those who have scores in before me might get first consideration

Oh I see. I'm in and off about early decision... Right now my plan is to apply for early decision but I'm taking the pcat in September so idk if they'll wait for the pcat score to consider me or if those who have scores in before me might get first consideration

Is early decision sometime in early October? If so, take the PCAT early September and your scores should reach the school by the time the deadline for early decision rolls on by.

Yeah I'm taking the pcat on September 3rd and have to email my prelim scores to admissions so that I can still be considered but I wonder if they are offering interviews before then or if they are just waiting until all early decision applications are in

I'm anxiously waiting to hear from USF COP! Hopefully we will get invitations for interviews by the end of this September. Good luck to everyone! :)

Is anyone familiar with USF area?

I live in Tampa and I go to usf but the St Pete campus but I'm somewhat familiar with the area

Members don't see this ad :)
I did but I'm probably going to be deferred to regular decision because I have to retake my pcat in November. So unfortunately I will be playing the waiting game. Did you already receive the email that your application is complete?

I received that email about my application is ready to be reviewed two days ago. So i'm waiting too but if I don't get invited for an interview I'm gonna retake my pcat in January so I can give myself enough time to study. We should know by Sept 27th or 28th if we get invited since the committee will be making that decision then. Let's be positive regardless.

Yeah me too. Good luck!!!! Hopefully we both get interviews and acceptances and we'll be classmates!

I'm curious to know who else will be applying to USF in the c/o 2018. Although we're a fairly new school, I've met the deans in person and the overall impression is quite positive in terms of where they are taking the school.

If you were to look back at the c/o 2017 thread, you'd be able to see that I was somewhat skeptical of applying to a new school. Now that I'm here, I'm expecting great things to happen in the near future.

I'm applying for early admission. I got a call inviting for interview. They said they are gonna email interview package but I haven't got any email from them yet yikes.

Congratulations! When did you send in your application? When is your interview?

My interview is on Oct 9th. I sent my application sometime in mid August. They sent me the interview package with all the instruction on how to sign-in for each computer stations, what to do in each station...etc It seems really intense for an interview =$

My interview is on Oct 9th. I sent my application sometime in mid August. They sent me the interview package with all the instruction on how to sign-in for each computer stations, what to do in each station...etc It seems really intense for an interview =$

It sounds crazy, but in reality, it isn't.

All you really do is say....start at station 1. You log into the computer and it gives you the question you need to answer. You'll have maybe 2-3 minutes to think up of a response and then there will be an intercom announcement (or a pop up on the computer; forgot which one exactly) that says that you can go into the room. You'll see one of the faculty members in the room and then you'll get on with the interview. After you're done, you leave the room and go to the next computer for station 2, rinse and repeat.

To be honest, it didn't feel like an interview for me. It felt like more of a conversation instead, like me telling a story to a friend. The interviewers are not gonna stare you down or try to trip you up and make you feel nervous. They want to see and assess the real you.

Hello all,

I had originally posted on here that I was doing early decision, but then decided against it, just wanting to keep my options open and all of that. I got conformation that my application was complete with all of the necessary requirements on 9/20 and then got an e-mail today saying "thanks for applying as an early decision applicant." I applied to 5 schools, so I know there was no mistake when I e-submitted on PharmCas. I'm not really sure what to make of this or if it's an error because I applied technically before the early decision window closed. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Hello all,

I had originally posted on here that I was doing early decision, but then decided against it, just wanting to keep my options open and all of that. I got conformation that my application was complete with all of the necessary requirements on 9/20 and then got an e-mail today saying "thanks for applying as an early decision applicant." I applied to 5 schools, so I know there was no mistake when I e-submitted on PharmCas. I'm not really sure what to make of this or if it's an error because I applied technically before the early decision window closed. Anyone else have this happen to them?
I received an email saying the same exact thing too! And I'm pretty positive that I didn't apply for early admissions. I didn't know if it was sent to me by mistake or anything. I know in the email that it said early applicants received an email in early September about interview dates & I never received that so I couldn't have been mistaken for early admissions. Glitch maybe?

Last thing I heard about my application was an email they sent me saying that my application has been received & they will keep me up to date. And when I called them to make sure I wasn't entered as an early decision applicant she informed that everything looked good paperwork wise & they'll be contacting people soon with interviews hopefully

How long does Usf takes from the time you submit your supplemental to send you the invite for the interview ( in case they consider you a competitive applicant) ?

How long does Usf takes from the time you submit your supplemental to send you the invite for the interview ( in case they consider you a competitive applicant) ?

It took around a month or so for me. I got the supplemental app and turned it in before December 14th (the due date at the time), and got the interview email on January 18th.

It took around a month or so for me. I got the supplemental app and turned it in before December 14th (the due date at the time), and got the interview email on January 18th.
Thank you very much for your reply!!! :)

Just got my interview offer scheduled for 1/29 (not early admissions). Definitely very excited! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting, it looks like regular admission interviews are starting to roll out.

Just got my interview offer scheduled for 1/29 (not early admissions). Definitely very excited! Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting, it looks like regular admission interviews are starting to roll out.
Awesome!!!! Congrats !!! :)

Any advice from any early admissions that interviewed already?

Any advice from any early admissions that interviewed already?

I saw like 7-8 EA students walk through the grad lounge around a month ago. I was like "hey you guys are the early admissions students! Good luck and take it easy!"

The response I got? A few blank stares and weak smiles LOL.

On topic - Take it easy. They know you're going to be nervous. Just try your best to suppress that feeling and show yourself. They're not going to try to make you nervous, unless if you get interviewed by our Student Affairs Dean. I heard that she had some stare-downs going with some of my classmates haha!

I just got a call from admissions this morning reminding me to turn in my supplemental. Thought it was nice for them to call me up and ask if I had any questions or concerns. Did anyone else get a call?

Hi everyone. I applied regular decision for USF 2014. I am a recent graduate from USF with a BA degree in health science. I am taking my PCAT on January 07, 2014 and getting nervous. Has anyone heard back for an interview yet?

Hey all, I've also applied to USF COP for regular decision this year and am quite hyped to meet you all! What I've heard from the admission officers is basically the people who review the applications all come together on a certain day, review files and then send out invitations. I called in prior to the holidays starting and was told that they would meet up once again around January 19th-20th and then hand out interviews for Jan. 29th as jlnguyen mentioned; I was also told they hand out interviews in batches throughout the year.

I myself have not received an interview yet, and while as nerve-racking as it is the best thing to do is to NOT check your email account every 5 minutes (lets face it, we're all doing that lol) and just focus on enjoying today. As far as the PCAT goes Ms. Ashley, I took it in November for the first time and it wasn't the worse test in the world. I did somewhat poorly in the math and reading sections due to time constraints but quite splendid in the bio/chem sections. Bio and Chem should be rather easy if you remember a lot from those classes. As far as math goes, my advice is skip around. If you don't think you can solve a problem within a minute skip it and come back to it. I noticed the last 15 questions on the math section were easy F of G questions, bar graphs, stem-leaf charts and easy proportions/arithmetic while the earlier questions had a lot of calc, difficult log questions and some basic trig. Reading is also tricky because of the time; look at the questions first then read the passages so you have an idea what you're reading for.

I hope this helped and I wish you guys the best of luck! Look forward to meeting you all and don't get too stressed out: [Lo] Que, Sera, Sera.

Last edited:
Thanks, Patrick. I have been stressing like CRAZY and checking my email, too! Thanks for the advice, I have taken the PCAT before and I was terribly sick while taking it, and didn't study as hard and did poorly on it. This time around I have taken all the necessary classes and have been studying with Dr.Collins packet. I didn't know that information bout Jan 19-20th so thanks for easing my mind a bit!

Np, I also used Dr. Collins for the math/bio/chem sections. For vocab I used an application on my phone called "PCAT Flashcards" by BH Inc (I use android Os).

It can also be accessed on facebook via this link ---> https://apps.facebook.com/superflashcard/ (it has some review for all sections, not just vocab)

Hey all, I've also applied to USF COP for regular decision this year and am quite hyped to meet you all! What I've heard from the admission officers is basically the people who review the applications all come together on a certain day, review files and then send out invitations. I called in prior to the holidays starting and was told that they would meet up once again around January 19th-20th and then hand out interviews for Jan. 29th as jlnguyen mentioned; I was also told they hand out interviews in batches throughout the year.

I myself have not received an interview yet, and while as nerve-racking as it is the best thing to do is to NOT check your email account every 5 minutes (lets face it, we're all doing that lol) and just focus on enjoying today. As far as the PCAT goes Ms. Ashley, I took it in November for the first time and it wasn't the worse test in the world. I did somewhat poorly in the math and reading sections due to time constraints but quite splendid in the bio/chem sections. Bio and Chem should be rather easy if you remember a lot from those classes. As far as math goes, my advice is skip around. If you don't think you can solve a problem within a minute skip it and come back to it. I noticed the last 15 questions on the math section were easy F of G questions, bar graphs, stem-leaf charts and easy proportions/arithmetic while the earlier questions had a lot of calc, difficult log questions and some basic trig. Reading is also tricky because of the time; look at the questions first then read the passages so you have an idea what you're reading for.

I hope this helped and I wish you guys the best of luck! Look forward to meeting you all and don't get too stressed out: [Lo] Que, Sera, Sera.

Great info! Best of luck to you guys, hope to see you soon!

I am a first year at USF and I approve of this post.

^thanks buddy

In other news I got my interview invitation today for 1/31/2014, Woot!

My pal and I who are applying might do some mock interviews later in the month if anyone else is interested, just inbox me.

Congrats, Patrick! How very exciting that must be! I just submitted my PCAT scores yesterday and received an email today saying my application was complete and that it was under official review. Then got a second email saying if I am selected by interview, they will contact me. I am feeling a bit discouraged, received a 75% on my PCAT and my GPA isn't the highest, but I am hoping my BA degree/experience will pull me through!

For the current students, do you guys know what were the average PCAT last year?

Just received an interview invitation for Feb 10!! Excited!!! :) anybody else going on that date ?

Congrats to everyone else who got interviews so far, my friend got an interview invite yesterday for Jan. 29th, so it seems the interviews are rolling in!

Hi everyone! I also applied to USF COP for regular decision and just got an interview for Jan. 29th. If anyone has any questions specifically about anything regarding the application process feel free to comment or email me, [email protected], congrats and good luck to everyone who's waiting for the big decision. Shout out to my friend Patrick Dammar for getting the interview as well. Go Bulls!!

Looks like I'll be meeting quite a few of you guys on Wednesday!

Hi I got an interview for March 19th! Anyone else?! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 user