University of South Florida class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just a quick update, the interview went well. The teachers who do the interviews are so unique and kind. The questions were straight forward and the entire process was relaxed and welcoming. If you have your interview coming up there is really nothing to stress about. Just be yourself and see if USF is the right fit for you.

Members don't see this ad.

I've got my interview tomorrow, and the interview packet was a little over whelming! Is anyone also applying to UF St. Pete campus? I'm having a hard time deciding...USf is my top choice with the Med School, Nursing school, Social Work and Psych programs all right there, but the fact that it isn't accredited worries me.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I've got my interview tomorrow, and the interview packet was a little over whelming! Is anyone also applying to UF St. Pete campus? I'm having a hard time deciding...USf is my top choice with the Med School, Nursing school, Social Work and Psych programs all right there, but the fact that it isn't accredited worries me.

I too had the same worries about how it isn't accredited. However that was exactly a year ago so I don't know if that puts me in the same boat haha.

If this makes you feel better, making the jump from pre-candidate to candidate is the most difficult part, which is what USF has already accomplished. For the most part, candidate-status schools will reach full accreditation, provided they don't screw up badly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a quick update, the interview went well. The teachers who do the interviews are so unique and kind. The questions were straight forward and the entire process was relaxed and welcoming. If you have your interview coming up there is really nothing to stress about. Just be yourself and see if USF is the right fit for you.

Completely agree! The entire process went quite smoothly, now the waiting game begins! Best of luck to everyone I interviewed with on the 29th!

They're in candidate status and there has never been a school that failed to get accredited once they've reached candidate status.

Does anyone know if USF is planning on sending out more interview invitations?

Hi
To those of you who have already been accepted:
Approximately how long from the day you have the interview until they call you to let you know about your acceptance?

Does anyone know if USF is planning on sending out more interview invitations?
I emailed them a few days ago and asked them if they were done sending out invites and they said they send them out on a rolling process and they are not done sending out invites.

I emailed them a few days ago and asked them if they were done sending out invites and they said they send them out on a rolling process and they are not done sending out invites.
Thank you very much! I feel slightly better knowing that there is still hope :)

Has anybody heard back from the interview on feb 10?

accepted!!! I interviewed jan 29, so took abt 3 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed Jan 29, got a call from the Dean about 30 minutes ago. Accepted! Best of luck to everyone!!

Hooray!!! Congrats to both of you!!!
I guess I can still keep some hope until late feb- beginning of March :)
Thanks for your response !!

Hooray!!! Congrats to both of you!!!
I guess I can still keep some hope until late feb- beginning of March :)
Thanks for your response !!
Best of luck to you! Hopefully we'll be seeing each other in the fall :D

Congrats to those who were accepted! And good luck to those who have future interviews :)
Has anyone heard back from the 2/5 interview yet?

What is the interview like? My interview is in a couple weeks and I'm nervous because I've never had MMI style interview before. Do they just ask generic questions?

What is the interview like? My interview is in a couple weeks and I'm nervous because I've never had MMI style interview before. Do they just ask generic questions?
This was my first pharmacy school interview, so I was so nervous!.. However, all of the faculty members were so nice and welcoming! They really made me feel comfortable... I wouldn't stress about it. There really isn't anything that you should prepare for, just be yourself that's all they're asking for.. It goes by really fast and the group activity was a lot of fun!
Good luck!

Thank you for your reply! That makes me feel much better :)

Congrats to those that have been accepted, and to those that received interview invitations :) I was wondering if any of you would mind sharing your stats. I have not received an interview from USF yet...yes, I am starting to lose hope with each passing day :(

Congrats to those that have been accepted, and to those that received interview invitations :) I was wondering if any of you would mind sharing your stats. I have not received an interview from USF yet...yes, I am starting to lose hope with each passing day :(
well not to go to in debt about my stats if I got a interview I'm sure you will to. I have a mere 3.1 gpa 6 withdraws, low pcat. I have 5 years experience. I received several emails stating I was missing a LOR of a science professor, all mine were from pharmacists. Suddenly got a invite for march 12.

So keep your head up! It ain't over till it's over. Best of luck!

Last edited:

Don't lose hope! My stats are
3.2 overall GPA
3.4 science GPA
PCAT 80
My EC's are not as extensive as some on here, it's essentially just volunteer and shadowing.

As for the MMI interview, it's not as bad as you might think. The staff is very friendly and chatty! Just be yourself and enjoy the interview process!

Thank you: TechthenPharmD, tlavadia, and jlnguyen for responding and being so positive. I really needed that boost of encouragement. Hopefully, I too, will be hearing back from USF soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Whooo got accepted!!! Just received the call!!! My interview was on Feb 10 :)
Good luck everyone else!!

Reactions: 2 users

I said this in a previous post, but I'm a current P1 and I got an interview invite, later getting accepted, with a 2.9 GPA and a 91 composite on the PCAT. ECs were few in number, but significant in how long I took part in them for.

The only time you should lose hope is if you get a rejection letter. Until then, you're still a contender for a seat in the class. Good luck friend.

my interview is on 19 th of March but i dont know if i am going to get accepted . my statues :
BS in health science
pharmacy tech for almost 2 years
3.3 gpa
Over 800 hours of Volunteer and extracurricular
very low PCAT
need to take two more courses : Genetic and cell biology

any hope for getting in ? :(

my interview is on 19 th of March but i dont know if i am going to get accepted . my statues :
BS in health science
pharmacy tech for almost 2 years
3.3 gpa
Over 800 hours of Volunteer and extracurricular
very low PCAT
need to take two more courses : Genetic and cell biology

any hope for getting in ? :(

Hey Pre-PharmD, your stats got you the interview and that's pretty much it for the most part. Now the interviewers want to see your "soft" skills, things that you can't judge based on an application. You rock the interview and you're gonna have a really high chance at being accepted; if you bomb then your chances drop pretty sharply.

If I were you, I'd be concerned about how I'm thinking. Being unsure and manifesting doubt is an interview-mood killer and right now I will say with confidence that if you come in on interview day with that mentality, you will be rejected. What you need to do is relax, practice behavioral questions like "what would you do if blah blah blah" and get into the mindset that the college already likes what they see and they want to see the best of you. They're not there to scare the crap out of you; I can echo the people who posted here about their interview experience and it was an overall awesome one.

Have faith in yourself and be confident in your own abilities because, honestly, I've got faith in ya. Good luck friend.

Hey Pre-PharmD, your stats got you the interview and that's pretty much it for the most part. Now the interviewers want to see your "soft" skills, things that you can't judge based on an application. You rock the interview and you're gonna have a really high chance at being accepted; if you bomb then your chances drop pretty sharply.

If I were you, I'd be concerned about how I'm thinking. Being unsure and manifesting doubt is an interview-mood killer and right now I will say with confidence that if you come in on interview day with that mentality, you will be rejected. What you need to do is relax, practice behavioral questions like "what would you do if blah blah blah" and get into the mindset that the college already likes what they see and they want to see the best of you. They're not there to scare the crap out of you; I can echo the people who posted here about their interview experience and it was an overall awesome one.

Have faith in yourself and be confident in your own abilities because, honestly, I've got faith in ya. Good luck friend.

Thank you for the support :)

I got my acceptance call a few days ago also. It took approximately 2 1/2 weeks to get the call from the date of the interview. As for the interview, don't lie, be yourself and take into account why you want to go to USF. All the teachers are pretty cool and anything but scary. I wish you all the best!

My stats are:
79 PCAT (95 chem, 92 bio, 36 reading, 51 quantitative and 67 verbal)
~3.2 GPA (this doesn't include my last two semester of classes which will push it to around a 3.3) - Bio Major/Public Health Minor ~160 credit hours
Undergrad Research
Volunteer at a hospital
Minor experience as a pharm tech (a few months)
Decent amount of community involvement

Anyone know if there is a facebook page up for c/o 2018?

I just made a group, if you message me your email or full name or add me on facebook @ /pdammar. Ill add anyone who got accepted and if you know anyone else just send them an invite. If there happens to be another group already we can all just merge into one group!

Hi everyone! I also applied to USF COP for regular decision and just got an interview for Jan. 29th. If anyone has any questions specifically about anything regarding the application process feel free to comment or email me, [email protected], congrats and good luck to everyone who's waiting for the big decision. Shout out to my friend Patrick Dammar for getting the interview as well. Go Bulls!!
How exactly does the MMI work? So far I know you log into a computer and see the questions being asked, you have about 1-2 minutes to formulate a response until you get called into the room, and then repeat in the next station. How many stations are there and how many questions are asked in each station? That's my main question because I just want to know roughly how much time I have for each question asked in each room. I have my interview March 26th and am really excited and a bit nervous like normal!

I did my interview today! Praying I get in!

How exactly does the MMI work? So far I know you log into a computer and see the questions being asked, you have about 1-2 minutes to formulate a response until you get called into the room, and then repeat in the next station. How many stations are there and how many questions are asked in each station? That's my main question because I just want to know roughly how much time I have for each question asked in each room. I have my interview March 26th and am really excited and a bit nervous like normal!

Not trying to hijack the question, but there are 5 stations. There is only one question asked at each station, but given your response, the interviewers may ask follow up questions.

What time did you interview?? I was in the afternoon group.

Good luck to all of us! I thought USF was terrific and hope we get in!!
I was in the morning session! And I hope so too!

I just got my acceptance call!!! Interview date March 7th.

Hey guys, I just received my acceptance email, but it says "Alternate admission" and that next week I will receive another email with my placement on the alternate list. Does this mean that the class is filled up? Or does it just mean that they are waiting to hear from other applicants before I can accept?

I got my acceptance call! See y'all in August! :-D

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I just received my acceptance email, but it says "Alternate admission" and that next week I will receive another email with my placement on the alternate list. Does this mean that the class is filled up? Or does it just mean that they are waiting to hear from other applicants before I can accept?

Being on the alternate list means that you haven't been fully accepted into the program yet (sorry to burst your bubble). However, that does not mean that you've been rejected. I'm not going to say anything with 100% certainty, but I think with my class (c/o 2017) we had like half of the people on the alternate list get in. Pharmacy schools tend to over-accept the number of students in anticipation that there are accepted applicants who will not accept the offer to go here. Unfortunately, it's a waiting game right now friend.

I had my interview on March 26, and believe I was in one of the last groups to be interviewed. I see so many people getting accepted or getting an alternate list email but I'm going to assume all those who have gotten a response interviewed earlier. My impatience is setting in since it is almost two weeks and I know they said the committee met last week. Any one who interviewed in that later date heard any news yet? I'm wondering if I will hear anything by this week. Also, for those who are waiting, has anyone filed their FAFSA? I'm just not sure if I should yet or not without getting the 100% approval. Suggestions?

I had my interview on March 26, and believe I was in one of the last groups to be interviewed. I see so many people getting accepted or getting an alternate list email but I'm going to assume all those who have gotten a response interviewed earlier. My impatience is setting in since it is almost two weeks and I know they said the committee met last week. Any one who interviewed in that later date heard any news yet? I'm wondering if I will hear anything by this week. Also, for those who are waiting, has anyone filed their FAFSA? I'm just not sure if I should yet or not without getting the 100% approval. Suggestions?

I had my interview on Feb 28th, and I received an email about the alternate list on April 2nd, so it was about 4-5 weeks. I would expect that you should be hearing from them soon if not already.

I have a question myself though: I finally got the email letting me know my position on the Alternate list, and I am in the bottom 1/3 which really surprises me. I don't meant to gloat or anything, but I have a 3.65 GPA, 3.5 Science, 79 PCAT, President of the Pre-Pharmacy Society for one year, and I felt that my interviews went really well. The writing sample was fine, and the group activity went great. I literally can't think of a reason why they would put me so low on this list... I already got accepted into UF so at least I'm going somewhere, but USF is my top choice and it's really discouraging to go through all of this :(

I had my interview on Feb 28th, and I received an email about the alternate list on April 2nd, so it was about 4-5 weeks. I would expect that you should be hearing from them soon if not already.

I have a question myself though: I finally got the email letting me know my position on the Alternate list, and I am in the bottom 1/3 which really surprises me. I don't meant to gloat or anything, but I have a 3.65 GPA, 3.5 Science, 79 PCAT, President of the Pre-Pharmacy Society for one year, and I felt that my interviews went really well. The writing sample was fine, and the group activity went great. I literally can't think of a reason why they would put me so low on this list... I already got accepted into UF so at least I'm going somewhere, but USF is my top choice and it's really discouraging to go through all of this :(

The only things I can think of are that your accomplishments stop at being president of the Pre-Pharmacy Society (is there anything else you did aside from that) and/or your interview did not go as well as you think it did. Not trying to burst your bubble or justify the adcom's decision, but I'm looking at this from as much of an unbiased position as possible. Aside from that, I am quite surprised that your academic stats landed you in the bottom 1/3. IMO, by default, you should have at least been in the top 1/3, but bottom 1/3? :eek:

The only things I can think of are that your accomplishments stop at being president of the Pre-Pharmacy Society (is there anything else you did aside from that) and/or your interview did not go as well as you think it did. Not trying to burst your bubble or justify the adcom's decision, but I'm looking at this from as much of an unbiased position as possible. Aside from that, I am quite surprised that your academic stats landed you in the bottom 1/3. IMO, by default, you should have at least been in the top 1/3, but bottom 1/3? :eek:

Yeah I understand, and I appreciate your feedback. I, too, am quite surprised at my position on the alternate list.
A little more info about me: Volunteered at Florida hospital for over 230 hours in the pharmacy, work at Walgreens as a service clerk part-time, 4 letters of rec (2 sci, 1 non-sci, 1 pharmacist, all have doctorates, 2 Ph.Ds, 1 Pharm.D., 1 M.D./Ph.D)

About my interview: I honestly think I only maybe messed up a bit on 1 or 2 of the questions, but that's about it. I feel like the rest went really well.

I also had a slight issue with student conduct once regarding an assignment in one of my classes. I have a feeling this is bringing me down the most, but at the same time I was very open about it, and I explained it thoroughly in my application AND during interview day for one of the questions. I can't think of anything else :(

Yeah I understand, and I appreciate your feedback. I, too, am quite surprised at my position on the alternate list.
A little more info about me: Volunteered at Florida hospital for over 230 hours in the pharmacy, work at Walgreens as a service clerk part-time, 4 letters of rec (2 sci, 1 non-sci, 1 pharmacist, all have doctorates, 2 Ph.Ds, 1 Pharm.D., 1 M.D./Ph.D)

About my interview: I honestly think I only maybe messed up a bit on 1 or 2 of the questions, but that's about it. I feel like the rest went really well.

I also had a slight issue with student conduct once regarding an assignment in one of my classes. I have a feeling this is bringing me down the most, but at the same time I was very open about it, and I explained it thoroughly in my application AND during interview day for one of the questions. I can't think of anything else :(

It seems that your stats are really strong, the only thing that could explain your position is the outcome of your interview. Also, why did you send 4 letters of recommendation when USF asks for only 2 ?

Last edited:
For anyone that received an invitation for an interview , can you please share your stats ( GPA ,Science GPA and If you held or was on your way to get a bachelor ) in addition to Extra Curricular activities ? It helps a lot. Thank you.