University of South Florida College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you who are interviewing here in the coming days, good luck to everyone.

EDIT - Got my answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats to those accepted thus far for 2017!

I know the first round of acceptances have been sent out. For those of you with interviews in the coming weeks, I wanted to remind everyone that I check the boards every week. If you have any questions about USF, don't hesitate to PM me. You will also be able to speak with current students at your interview.

Just an FYI, the College is planning to host live online chat sessions with our student ambassadors in the coming weeks through April for accepted students. Thus, for those of you still waiting on an acceptance you will get the opportunity to chat with a student and ask us any questions about living situations around USF (what we recommend/dont recommend), how to prepare for Fall, or anything you want.

Good Luck everyone :D

Congrats to those accepted thus far for 2017!

I know the first round of acceptances have been sent out. For those of you with interviews in the coming weeks, I wanted to remind everyone that I check the boards every week. If you have any questions about USF, don't hesitate to PM me. You will also be able to speak with current students at your interview.

Just an FYI, the College is planning to host live online chat sessions with our student ambassadors in the coming weeks through April for accepted students. Thus, for those of you still waiting on an acceptance you will get the opportunity to chat with a student and ask us any questions about living situations around USF (what we recommend/dont recommend), how to prepare for Fall, or anything you want.

Good Luck everyone :D

Hi USF Ambassador!

Just to make sure, the live online chat sessions can be utilized by waitlisted students as well, right? I would love to discuss the program with current students and ask them some questions. I have been asking the Committee some questions about the program lately and they have been very helpful and informative, but I think I need to give them a break with all my questions :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi USF Ambassador!

Just to make sure, the live online chat sessions can be utilized by waitlisted students as well, right? I would love to discuss the program with current students and ask them some questions. I have been asking the Committee some questions about the program lately and they have been very helpful and informative, but I think I need to give them a break with all my questions :oops:

Hi nomad,

Yes! The live chat will be available to waitlisted students. Best of luck to you, and look forward to speaking more with you :)

Just got the acceptance call from Dr. Sneed. I was interviewed on 2/13.

Just got settled into my hotel. Cannot wait until tomorrow! Super excited! Good luck to everyone. "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now I wait.......

Does USF contact waitlisted people via phone or email? I got a call from the Director of Admissions this morning, but couldn't answer it since I was busy in my pharmacy internship.

Members don't see this ad :)
When the Director of Admissions, Ms. Rodriguez Snapp, called me it was to notify me I was placed on the waitlist. I hope you receive better news…
Rodrigues snapp said that she only call if the candidate is accepted. And email for waitlisted and rejection. I haven't receive anything yet. So im so nervous

Congrat! Can I know when was your interview? I had mine on the 3/13 but no answer yet. Not even email. Thanks

Hey Bravo,

My interview was on 2/19. I was told through an email that they pushed the date where they would release notices from 4/3 - 4/5 to the week of 3/18.

Don't worry too much if they haven't responded to you yet. Personally, I would expect a notice around a week to two weeks after the very last interview date, or on 4/3 - 4/5, whichever comes sooner.

Hey Bravo,

My interview was on 2/19. I was told through an email that they pushed the date where they would release notices from 4/3 - 4/5 to the week of 3/18.

Don't worry too much if they haven't responded to you yet. Personally, I would expect a notice around a week to two weeks after the very last interview date, or on 4/3 - 4/5, whichever comes sooner.

Hey Sugoi,

I interviewed on 2/19 too. I got my response on Friday and my welcome packet by email on following Monday. I guess you should be getting your answer very soon.

I interviewed on 2/19 as well and was accepted on 3/22 but I declined my offer. Goodluck to everyone!

i just got my acceptance email from University of Maryland Eastern Shore. i really want to stay in FL can't wait till i get my answer.

I've been accepted for Fall 2013 and will relocate to Tampa from Tallahassee sometime in July or August. I'm looking for a roommate or two to keep living expenses (rent) to a minumum. Is anyone else looking to do the same, or know of any nice places near USF Health? This is one place I found that looks nice, and they're supposed to be done building by August. www.livetheflats.com

Hello, I had an interview on 3/22 and they said we would know our status this week!!! Has anyone got an acceptance call today? Good Luck for all that are waiting!!!!:)

Hello, I had an interview on 3/22 and they said we would know our status this week!!! Has anyone got an acceptance call today? Good Luck for all that are waiting!!!!:)

They called me three times today but I wasn't available to answer. They left a message saying the admissions committee had met today and that they had some questions for me... Acceptance call or rejection call? Lol

They called me three times today but I wasn't available to answer. They left a message saying the admissions committee had met today and that they had some questions for me... Acceptance call or rejection call? Lol
That's strange. When was your interview?

I've been accepted for Fall 2013 and will relocate to Tampa from Tallahassee sometime in July or August. I'm looking for a roommate or two to keep living expenses (rent) to a minumum. Is anyone else looking to do the same, or know of any nice places near USF Health? This is one place I found that looks nice, and they're supposed to be done building by August. www.livetheflats.com

Although close to campus and brand new, this complex will likely be filled with undergrads.

Most students live in or around the apartments/condos in Tampa palms. Tampa palms is a large community that is pretty safe, and has food, grocery, and everything you would need close by. Its is about a 10-15 min commute to campus, but can be longer depending on rush hour traffic. Many pharmacy/medical students don't live right around campus because it is heavily populated with undergrads and this means more noise for the most part.

I would suggest checking out Tampa palms, or asking some students about their living situations at one of the upcoming chat sessions. Is there a facebook for c/o 2017 yet? That may also be another avenue to find roomates, and worked for a lot of people in my class (2015) before we started school in August.

Congrats on your acceptance! :D

From what I have been told USF does not call for rejections.

I live at Oak Ramble (complex) which is off Skipper Road near campus. I hop the Bull Runner to get to the COP and anywhere else I need to be. I would recommend Cambridge Woods (complex) and the condos around 46th, Skipper Road and 42nd if you want bus access. However, I do second that this area is heavily populated with undergrads.

Outside the Bull Runner but close are Lakeview (complex), Tampa Palms (area) and Carlton Arms (complex).

They called me again bright and early at 8am. It was an acceptance call!!! :)

I interviewed on 2/19.

I'm applying here as well! This is one of the schools I'd like to attend, but I'm a bit concerned since it isn't fully accredited yet. Are the students who graduate from these schools worse off than students who graduate from fully accredited schools?

USF is currently in Candidate status. Please review our website or the ACPE website for further information. This status affords the same rights and privileges to graduating students as schools with full accreditation. You can have an intern license, apply for scholarships, participate in porofessional organizations, and sit for exam and become licensed after graduation. We will go before the board in June of 2015 for full accreditation status and therefore, the above statement will only apply to the class of 2015. The previous poster was correct; there has never been a college of pharmacy reach candidate status and not achieve full accreditation. ACPE is in existence not to keep schools out, but to ensure there is a standard level of high quality education in creating a base of knowledge for learning outcomes for all pharmacy school graduates.

3/20....they said we would know today or Friday

What about you?

mine was 3/20 as well.. they told me that today they would have the decision and thursday/friday they will let students know

Oh I guess I misunderstood. Thanks for the information! Good luck! :)

I just got a Welcome Packet via email. Deposit is due, not postmarked, in one week:eek:

They said the admissions committee was meeting yesterday and tomorrow. May hear tomorrow or even Monday :(. I interviewed 3/20 also morning session.

I just got a Welcome Packet via email. Deposit is due, not postmarked, in one week:eek:

Yup, Congrats on your acceptance!

I interviewed 2/19 too. I already sent in my deposit and have my seat held. The class is slowly filling up :)

God please let it be today. I can't make it through the weekend not knowing :(

I feel the same way. But I'm also preparing myself for that possibility. I wonder why they can't call the few they have already decided on within the last few days. Maybe they have a lot of applicants this year. Trying to maintain a positive attitude. Time will tell I guess.

Last edited:
I think they are trying to make it fair for everyone but who knows why they can't just let us know whats going on. I haven't tried to call. Have you?

I did try to call twice on the week of March 18th because they claimed there will be an answer by that time. They said we still haven't reached to my file yet and will update me when they do. I am very frustrated over here! Yes I have other school options but USF was my #1 choice! :(

That is frustrating. When was your interview? I'm in the same boat.....I guess we just have to be patient :( I don't know why they tell us that we will know by a date and not follow what they say. I wish they just said in April. Then I wouldn't be so nervous.

I totally agree with you! Mine was on March 8th.
I am guessing they try to call the fully accepted candidates first, so if some of them decline the offer (which it happens a lot), they then call the waitlist on order. Because they can't call saying you are a waitlist and on the next day, call again to say you are accepted. You got what i mean?

I agree, they are giving me until today to decide, and then, I am sure they will send out another round of acceptances.

I just hung up with them! Guess what they said, guys? "They are on ongoing process and HOPEFULLY we will hear from them on the next COUPLE of weeks, maybe TWO or THREE weeks from now. HOPEFULLY!"
I mean, seriously!! This is the most DISAPPOINTING experience I have ever had in my life!

Last edited:
I think USF is giving everyone a chance based on when they interviewed. I interviewed on 2/19 and I heard back first week of April. If you interviewed later, then you might hear back next week. I think it's fair to give accepted applicants one week to reply before going down the list. (Most schools give their students two or more weeks to respond back, so be thankful it's only one week.)