University of St. Augustine MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfMOT16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! :)

Just wondering who else applied to the University of St. Augustine, St. Augustine campus for the MOT Spring 2014 admission?

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied. Keeping my fingers crossed for an interview.

i'm applying for summer 2014! good luck! mind posting your stats? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall 3.3
Sci 3.6
150 OT hours

Anyone else apply for the Jan 2014 class?

I wonder how long it takes to hear back from them?

have any of you guys gotten any word?

Haven't heard anything yet! Hopefully it will be soon!

No word yet. But I did notice that my deposit check cleared a few days ago.

I applied and am anxiously awaiting good news... I pray =)
Good luck to everyone.

I spoke with someone at the San Marcos campus a month or so ago and they said that interviews would likely be scheduled the first weekend of August. Also, they try to give everyone asked to interview, a 3-week heads up so we should hear in the next few weeks if that's the case.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to San Diego and St. Aug too! I'm nervous, hopefully they'll contact us soon with some kind of info!!! :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

app is currently being reviewed by committee

any of you guys been offered an interview?

any of you guys been offered an interview?

Nope, the website just switched over from your app is being processed to your app is being reviewed by the admissions committee... Hopefully I'll hear something soon!! I'm insanely nervous.

So guys if the candidate tab disappears does that equal rejection or will I get a rejection letter instead?

Hello =)
Has anyway been offered an interview yet?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what the candidate button mean...

The tab in on the St Augustine portal for admission.

Got an interview invite today. My candidate tab is still there when I log in. Not sure what it means if the tab disappears. I'd call and ask (it maybe a computer help desk issue.) My status has changed and now says "You have been invited to interview for admission. Please contact us if you have not received your email invitation within 2 business days." Good luck everyone!

I got an interview invite today too! Good luck guys! I hope you all get good news!

Sorry try again =/. Those of you who got invites fan you share your stats?

My stats are similar to yours beestrng

Overall 3.3
Sci 3.7
100+ OT hours

Beestrng Did you find out what happened with your candidate tab?

Rejeccccccccccccccted

Sorry to hear this. Don't give up. It seems like you really want to be in OT based on your expressed interest and 2+ year membership in this forum. There are always ways to improve your candidate profile. And if you really want to go to U.S.A., apply again for the summer class (with your improved profile.)

If you say, "I can't raise my GPA any higher and I already have tons of volunteer hours. What else can I do to improve my profile?" Reexamine your extracurricular activities and the overall picture of how you present yourself. If you still say, "my application is flawless. Why wouldn't they choose me?" Keep searching, as I said before there are always ways to improve.

Let me give you an example. A friend of mine was applying to graduate school (non-OT program.) She had all the qualifications, brilliant, fun to work with, an overall desirable candidate. She could not figure out why she was getting rejected to every program that she applied to. Eventually, someone mentioned to her that one of her references could have written a poor recommendation. (Evil, I know!) She eliminated that reference for her next application and was directly accepted into the program. She earned a Ph.D. and is now a college professor.

It may help to get a second opinion or someone else to look over your application. "Fresh eyes" may be able to point out where you can strengthen your profile. Hope this helps. You probably feel discouraged right now and I know it is a lot of work. But if you really want to be an OT, you will make it happen. Don't give up.

Reactions: 1 user
I asked the school for some suggestions and they will probably respond.

I was thinking of retaking GRE, retake AP II and retake some more classes.

Im not sure if I can do all of these things by Oct 1 so maybe the following dates along with all other schools.

I asked the school for some suggestions and they will probably respond.

I was thinking of retaking GRE, retake AP II and retake some more classes.

Im not sure if I can do all of these things by Oct 1 so maybe the following dates along with all other schools.

You're GPA seems good to me. I'm surprised you feel like you need to retake classes. If you got a C or lower, maybe it would help. As for the GRE, I got 160 verbal, 161 math, 4.0 written (for comparison, if that helps you decide whether you need to retake it.) Glad to see you still seem determined to succeed.

beestrng your stats are more than decent..something seems fishy to me. Have you had someone look over you personal essay and your overall app? Maybe you need an objective opinion. Also have you considered observing in more than a couple settings?

I am going to have the PS and statement looked over. My Phys I was not complete. Ill be done with that in August with at least a B+. My AP II grade was a B. So I might retake it. Im not sure.

My combined score for the GRE 298 or something with a 3.5 writing. This is probably a stickler in my app.

Last edited:
I am going to have the PS and statement looked over. My Phys I was not complete. Ill be done with that in August with at least a B+. My AP II grade was a B. So I might retake it. Im not sure.

My combined score for the GRE 298 or something with a 3.5 writing. This is probably a stickler in my app.

I wouldn't waste time and money retaking AP II. Your B is a decent grade and your GPA is good.

On a side note, I have been to several different university open houses. If I recall correctly, I think most of them said they expected a minimum GRE score of 150 verbal, 150 math, 3.0 written. I do not know if U.S.A. has a similar cut-off. However, it would probably help if you tried to improve your score. The best thing about the GRE (if I understand it correctly) is that now you can choose which scores you send. So the school doesn't have to see your lower scores.

I'm getting a little off topic talking about GRE prep, so send me a private message if you want to discuss further.

Last edited:
Hi. I also have an interview for August 3rd for the entering OT class starting January 2014.

Hey there,
I have an interview August 2 at 9:30 a.m.
Does anyone else have this time slot??
How are you all preparing for the interview?

Good luck =)

I was told by a few people who attend Saint Augustine that the personal statement and biography are important and the admission committee recommends having many people edit and revise your statement before submitting. Hope tis helps. Good luck, again.

Mine is scheduled from 10 to 2 at the SD campus. I tried to message all of you that said you had an interview to ask the same questions as OT bb but apparently you can't send out private group messages... How are you guys preparing? Maybe we can start an email chain or something? Private message me with your email if you're interested and I'll send one out to everyone.

Also really sorry to hear you didn't get an interview Beestrng.

For those who were accepted, please post your stats. ALso if you were not accepted plz post!

For those of you that were accepted into the University of St. Augustine for the January 2014 start date, a facebook group was started for the DPT and MOT students for that class. Feel free to click on the link and join our group. We would love to have you all and it is a great way to get info about moving, school, roommates, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/209528882504279/

Hey everyone,

To all of you who were accepted for the Flex MOT January 2014 in St. Augustine, a Facebook page were created... Please let me know if any one of you here will be in this class! Thank you =))

Hello :)
I interviewed for the Flex Jan 2014 class as well in september but haven't recieved any word yet. I was wondering if you have heard back and when?

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, I interviewed for this September in April and they put me on a waitlist, but I told them that I can't wait forever for an answer, so instead they just accepted me in July for the January 2014 class so I was notified a long time ago.. I believe they are making the decisions right now, I was originally notified three weeks after the interview, but that is a long time, i think if you are accepted, you can expect an email by the end of this week ;)

Thanks! I'm hoping to hear back soon. Praying for good news :)

I hope that you will be accepted, too... let me know when you are. I was actually shocked to be placed on the waitlist, because my STATs are really good, my interview went really well and I have hundreds of volunteer and working hours in various settings. But, at the end, they realized it so I am so happy :D

I hope that you will be accepted, too... let me know when you are. I was actually shocked to be placed on the waitlist, because my STATs are really good, my interview went really well and I have hundreds of volunteer and working hours in various settings. But, at the end, they realized it so I am so happy :D
OTkenez, would you mind sharing your stats? Thanks!