university of St. Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

breujk19

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help provide me with more information regarding the U of St. Augustine. For example, What is St. Augustine's reputation? Is it a high quality school? Any other input would be very appreciated. Thanks​

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently applying to St. Augustine. I just visited last week and it is beautiful. The school is small but the facilities are amazing. The equipment is very very nice. The people are nice and if you like small school environments this is a great place. The one thing that they did stipulate was that theya re not a research school, so if that is important to you this is not the school for you. What degree are you interested in?

I am also applying to St. Augustine, and have a good friend that goes there. The school has a reputation for graduating really good PT's (I also know someone who graduated from the program, and I would agree). They are sticklers on professionalism, ethics and body approximation, which makes sense. Like NDH had said they are NOT a research based program, like all programs they do include research into the coursework, but their emphasis is on manual therapy. The founder of the school (Paris) is a very well known name in the manual therapy/physical therapy world. To give you an idea of this schools reputation, I was contacting clinics (in wisconsin) to shadow at for my observation hours, while talking to the PTs they asked where I was looking at applying. I got the same reaction from everyone "Oh wow, that's a really great school"
Like NDH also said the school is quite small. It is a private school that only has DPT, OT and a dual degree option. The class size (i think) is 70 per trimester (45 of which are the DPT students), they graduate/admit 3x a year. The area is beautiful and the people are very friendly, its competitive to get into, but once you are in it is like family. the upperclassmen really help out the underclassmen and are just genuinely nice people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any insight on the DPT flex program? How is it, do you feel you are learning, is it helpful, are you prepared? What are your overall feelings concerning the program?

Does anyone have any insight on the DPT flex program? How is it, do you feel you are learning, is it helpful, are you prepared? What are your overall feelings concerning the program?

^ bump. I am also interested