University of Sydney 2017 MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to the both of you. The PD USyd thread seemed a bit silent... but is there any chance you wouldn't mind sharing some stats to a prospective applicant for next cycle?

Thank you:)
I got a 516 on my mcat and a second class Honours. I think once you get to the interview round your acceptance then depends on your combined mcat score and your MMIs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have received offers, has anyone yet heard from the Admissions office with their official offer letter?

Received an emailed offer on August 31st :clap:. Haven't received the official letter - they mentioned it'll be both emailed and mailed out to us. And to expect it within a week, but I'm giving them a few more days for mail delivery since Canada had a 3 day long weekend.

Just to clarify, we have to pay the deposit within 3 weeks of getting the Official Offer and not the emailed offer right?

Received an emailed offer on August 31st :clap:. Haven't received the official letter - they mentioned it'll be both emailed and mailed out to us. And to expect it within a week, but I'm giving them a few more days for mail delivery since Canada had a 3 day long weekend.

Just to clarify, we have to pay the deposit within 3 weeks of getting the Official Offer and not the emailed offer right?

That's correct - however payment instructions are attached to the formal offer and not the preliminary email, so I would say it's reasonable to expect to not have to pay the deposit until early October at this point. I was also concerned about the part that said the balance of the tuition needed to be paid within 7 days of accepting the offer. I emailed the International Loans office as I'm dependent on a few loans here in Canada to be able to fund everything (they certainly won't be disbursed until closer to the start date). They made a note on my file and apparently my offer letter will not require me to pay the balance of the tuition until 4 weeks after classes start (at the very latest).

I can't wait to get started! :)

Hey! I was checking these threads to see if anyone got their offer letter yet, but it seems like no one has! But if anyone makes a facebook page, that would be amazing!

Did anyone here apply to University of Melbourne as well btw? My initial choice was Umelb as it's ranking is about the same as Usyd's and I've heard Melbourne might be a better place to live in. Now I'm slightly undecided between the two.

It's perfectly healthy to remain ambivalent re: USyd vs. UMelb, at least until you know who's accepted you ;p

Congrats to the both of you. The PD USyd thread seemed a bit silent... but is there any chance you wouldn't mind sharing some stats to a prospective applicant for next cycle?
512 on MCAT, CGPA 3.91, and I thought my interview went really well. Good luck with applications next year!