University of Sydney DVM Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just recieved an unconditional offer, I don't know if it's just me but the way I read it is, if other ppl don't accept and I do a will be apart of the class. Has anyone received a "firm" offer.

Congrats! I haven't heard anything from them either :/ did you get an email or did you see it on your student account?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a conditional offer and from my understanding is all they want me to do is upload documentation concerning that i got my bachelor's and i took one of the required courses, and since they do rolling offers they want you to do it ASAP so you can receive an unconditional offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I'm a Canadian student at the University of Guelph. Can any fellow Canadians, who've applied or were accepted, tell me what kinds of courses and grades they put forth to meet the prerequisites for the application? I'm looking to apply the DVM program, and have dual citizenship.

Thanks!

I just recieved an unconditional offer, I don't know if it's just me but the way I read it is, if other ppl don't accept and I do a will be apart of the class. Has anyone received a "firm" offer.

My offer is unconditional and it said it is 'firm' but defines a firm offer to be "subject to quota" and that "acceptance [is] required to confirm place". I hope that's helpful.

I'm also checking out the campus/facilities next week and will try to post information or photos if anyone is interested!

I emailed the admissions office and they said last week was just the first round of applications and they're going to be releasing more the next few weeks... One said we will be hearing the decision in early December and another one said either this week or next week :\

I seriously received an email 2 weeks ago that said I would hear within the week. No one in admissions responds to my emails. lol.

I got the email too saying I was going to hear from them last week!!! I emailed the admissions people (red team) and the sub-dean of admissions. Lets just keep our fingers cross that we will hear from them soon.

Hello everyone! I finally heard back. It's a rejection for me. Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get in! :)

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get accepted into your other schools :) you can also try applying to Melbourne (I already got an acceptance from them and my grades are mediocre)!

Reactions: 1 user
Got my acceptance today!

Hey! Can I ask when you applied? I was told I would get notified weeks ago and I'm getting super anxious. I applied through the VMCAS way back in September.

I got official acceptance on Monday but I emailed the sub dean last Thursday regarding my decision (since I didn't hear anything) and she told me thru email I was already accepted. Try emailing her since she told me they have already gone thru all applications.

Hey! Can I ask when you applied? I was told I would get notified weeks ago and I'm getting super anxious. I applied through the VMCAS way back in September.

I applied through vmcas and submitted September 13th.

Wow! This thread really blew up! I completely forgot about this thread until today. So excited to see so many other people who're going to be in my DVM class!

I'm originally from Hong Kong, but got my Bachelor's in Minnesota, USA! Just got my visa recently and have been looking at housing.

Anyone else in a similar situation with housing? Not exactly sure what I'll do just yet. My flight to Sydney is going to be Feb 4th!

If you wanna talk, I don't check on here a lot, PM me. That way I'll get an email notification!

Hello! Seems like I'll be joining you guys in February too :D just wondering have you guys figured out your housing situation?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know I have created a Facebook group for our class. I thought it would be a good way to get to know each other before starting in February.

The name of the group is Usyd Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2020.

Looking fowards to meeting you all on campus.

Cheers,

Amanda

Hello!

I was just wondering for those of you who applied through VMCAS, did you find discrepancies between the requirements on the website and those on VMCAS? I know this is a long shot and obviously past the deadline but they have been pretty great with working with me so far. However, I am just in panic mode and hoping that I submitted everything they needed.

Thanks!