University of Texas 2018 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'M IN! :soexcited: First-time out-of-state applicant about to finish my BS, 99 PCAT, 3.85 GPA, 9 months as pharm tech, additional 9 months of frequent shadowing, 1 year medical research, with an officer position in pre-pharmacy organization.

I'm so excited -- and looking forward to hearing good news from everyone else! :)
Congratulations! When did you get your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

This is just a theory, but perhaps they reviewed and called those with strong stats first. All who posted here have exceptional stats and a great resume, and it makes sense they would try and recruit the stronger applicants first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone that got a phone call also received an email?

Yes, I got a recap email about an hour after my call from Dean Ginsburg (asst dean of student affairs) yesterday morning. I also received an acceptance email this morning to reply to.

Last edited:
Man, I wonder if they'll send the remaining class invitations this Thursday/Friday or wait until Monday....The suspense!

Man, I wonder if they'll send the remaining class invitations this Thursday/Friday or wait until Monday....The suspense!
I emailed Dr. Wilcox and he said they would review my application tomorrow so I would hope they would just notify us thursday or friday/: but that's just me hoping lol ugh D:

What does everyone's status say on the ut eid? Mine says incomplete/: does that mean they just haven't reviewed mine?

Did you ask Dr. Wilcox about this and if so what did he say?

I emailed Dr. Wilcox and he said they would review my application tomorrow so I would hope they would just notify us thursday or friday/: but that's just me hoping lol ugh D:

Well if it's like last time, chances are it'll be Monday :(
Because the first adcom meeting was also on a Wednesday and then my friend at UT said that Dr. Wilcox has to finalize the list of accepted students decided on from the adcom committee with the Dean before sending out invitations and that Dr. Wilcox didn't do that with the Dean until Friday the 14th....I feel pretty dumb analyzing the crap outta all this when it doesn't change anything, but I can't help it lol

Reactions: 1 user
Did you ask Dr. Wilcox about this and if so what did he say?

Well if it's like last time, chances are it'll be Monday :(
Because the first adcom meeting was also on a Wednesday and then my friend at UT said that Dr. Wilcox has to finalize the list of accepted students decided on from the adcom committee with the Dean before sending out invitations and that Dr. Wilcox didn't do that with the Dean until Friday the 14th....I feel pretty dumb analyzing the crap outta all this when it doesn't change anything, but I can't help it lol
I did and it basically means that they haven't reviewed our profile yet, but they will tomorrow. Shoot I like that you analyze all this it gives me an idea lol and that sucks:( hopefully he finalizes all that stuff on thursday instead this time/:

Where did you even check your profile? I log into UT EID and am on the main page but I don't see anything pertaining to my application...

Wait, I found it. It says status is incomplete. So I guess that means they haven't reviewed it yet and will do tomorrow

Where did you even check your profile? I log into UT EID and am on the main page but I don't see anything pertaining to my application...
Go to the tab where it says something like be a longhorn, then click on application status on the left hand side and from there you click on your application profile and it should be on the right hand side where it says status.

Wait, I found it. It says status is incomplete. So I guess that means they haven't reviewed it yet and will do tomorrow
Yea so hopefully we find out soon/:

Yes, I was waitlisted last year. My status page still shows incomplete and probably stays like that until all the follow ups are done

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey folks, I have it on good authority that the admissions committee is meeting all day today so more of you should be hearing from them soon. Good luck! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to send me a message!

Has anyone started a facebook group yet for our class? If not, I will start one if people are interested.

Hey folks, I have it on good authority that the admissions committee is meeting all day today so more of you should be hearing from them soon. Good luck! If you have any questions about the program, feel free to send me a message!

You think we will hear anything tomorrow or Friday? Or will it not be until Monday?

I am disheartened about UT at this point... I have a a 3.8 overall/3.5 science GPA, a 98 on the PCAT, Phi Beta Kappa, decent interview (IMO), lots of hours of volunteering, and over a year of experience as a pharmacy technician. I've been accepted to two other schools, but UT is where I'd really like to go.

Is anyone else in a similar boat? I feel like my stats/experience are good enough for UT, but I suppose they don't think so. I'm pretty upset about the whole thing. :/

Last edited:
I am disheartened about UT at this point... I have a a 3.8 overall/3.5 science GPA, a 98 on the PCAT, Phi Beta Kappa, decent interview (IMO), lots of hours of volunteering, and over a year of experience as a pharmacy technician. I've been accepted to two other schools, but UT is where I'd really like to go.

Is anyone else in a similar boat? I feel like my stats/experience are good enough for UT, but I suppose they don't think so. I'm pretty upset about the whole thing. :/

I was in your boat last year and I was hopelessly devastated especially UT was the only school I applied to. Wait until Monday, hang in there friend. There is no use comparing stats and what not at this point because all you can do you you have already done it. On that note though, I feel like Dean Wilcox purposefully delay the announcement, it was Valentine weekend after all... Hopefully the announcement will be within this week. I wish you and everyone else the best.

I was in your boat last year and I was hopelessly devastated especially UT was the only school I applied to. Wait until Monday, hang in there friend. There is no use comparing stats and what not at this point because all you can do you you have already done it. On that note though, I feel like Dean Wilcox purposefully delay the announcement, it was Valentine weekend after all... Hopefully the announcement will be within this week. I wish you and everyone else the best.
You had to reapply though, right? That's why I'm concerned. I don't have another year to wait, unfortunately.

You had to reapply though, right? That's why I'm concerned. I don't have another year to wait, unfortunately.
Don't forget they have two adcom meetings.one last week and another this past Wednesday. Let's wait till Monday and see what happens. I'm patiently waiting till Monday. Then I'll start freaking out! Lol

For some reason, under my application page, I am listed as a non resident. What a joke. Anyone who even looked at pharmcas knows that it says Texas on there. I emailed them to change it but they haven't. So I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get in because non resident acceptance isn't all that great -_-

If it's any consolation I feel like my stats are pretty decent as well. 99 pcat, 3.96 gpa, 8 months exp, officer for pre pharmacy, AED member, TA for biology for a year, research exp, as well as 3.5 years of on campus chem/ochem tutoring.

I am in the exact same situation right now. I put my stats in a earlier post. I am still waiting for a call but like everyone said, there is still another round of calls to go out and hopefully we will both hear from them soon.

For some reason, under my application page, I am listed as a non resident. What a joke. Anyone who even looked at pharmcas knows that it says Texas on there. I emailed them to change it but they haven't. So I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get in because non resident acceptance isn't all that great -_-

If it's any consolation I feel like my stats are pretty decent as well. 99 pcat, 3.96 gpa, 8 months exp, officer for pre pharmacy, AED member, TA for biology for a year, research exp, as well as 3.5 years of on campus chem/ochem tutoring.

I wouldn't be concerned. As a non-resident myself, I made sure to ask if there was a cap on the number of non-residents they accept or if resident applicants received any preference. They assured me that UT COP had no such policy in place. Residency status only comes up when they bill your student account, never prior. Good luck!

I am positive UT does not put a cap on out of state students or international students. The low rate of attendance for those two categories probably has more to do with tuition fee. In state is $ 7915 per semester vs. $20460 for out of state/ non-resident not including other expenses.

I don't have a degree. Are they a lot of people who got accepted who don't have degrees?

Has anyone started a facebook group yet for our class? If not, I will start one if people are interested.
i was told the school will make one for us :) probably after the next round of acceptances go out

I don't have a degree. Are they a lot of people who got accepted who don't have degrees?

From the posters here and people I know in person, it seems that almost everyone accepted after the first adcom committee have degrees. Dr. Wilcox also said while speaking at my interview that degrees are encouraged for several reasons. BUT, I met several P1 students at UT during my interviews that did not have degrees....So obviously you can still get in.

Oh Monday! So far away. ......On a lighter note.... I got my tax refund today! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted this morning! 98 PCAT, 3.8 overall/3.5 science, 2 years volunteering, 9 months of tech work

Are you also a sophomore trying to get into the school? I am too. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm getting worried.
By credits I'm technically a senior, but yea this is my second year in college. My pcat was pretty bad and I do not have much hope anymore:( I don't even know why they gave me an interview if they knew they wouldn't accept me, but at least I am not alone.

By credits I'm technically a senior, but yea this is my second year in college. My pcat was pretty bad and I do not have much hope anymore:( I don't even know why they gave me an interview if they knew they wouldn't accept me, but at least I am not alone.

Mine is 79, compared to everyone here it is a joke. However, the reason I did not retake my PCAT because Dean Wilcox say it is ok and I don't need to. My science GPA helps balance it out. Don't lose hope yet, calls are still going out. UT gives out interviews for the most promising candidates, you are one very promising candidates, there are plenty of folks who apply and do not get the invitation.

Mine is 79, compared to everyone here it is a joke. However, the reason I did not retake my PCAT because Dean Wilcox say it is ok and I don't need to. My science GPA helps balance it out. Don't lose hope yet, calls are still going out. UT gives out interviews for the most promising candidates, you are one very promising candidates, there are plenty of folks who apply and do not get the invitation.
That score is great compared to mine. Mine is really bad. I am very embarrassed by it and surprised I got an interview with it.

That score is great compared to mine. Mine is really bad. I am very embarrassed by it and surprised I got an interview with it.
You have a 50% chance right now so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. And there is the wait list as I have mentioned earlier. Don't worry about the worst scenario yet, worry about it tonight. Sorry I am such a mother hen -_-. Know that you are a very promising candidate. UT does not just hand out invitations.

Is there a Facebook group for the class yet?
I don't think so, probably not until they have informed all the candidates and received affirmation for attendance. Last year, it was pretty slow though which is kinda concerning for folks who are not from Austin...

You have a 50% chance right now so let's cross our fingers and hope for the best. And there is the wait list as I have mentioned earlier. Don't worry about the worst scenario yet, worry about it tonight. Sorry I am such a mother hen -_-. Know that you are a very promising candidate. UT does not just hand out invitations.

I don't think so, probably not until they have informed all the candidates and received affirmation for attendance. Last year, it was pretty slow though which is kinda concerning for folks who are not from Austin...

That's true and sorry I'm being such a downer I guess I'm just getting more nervous as the time passes, but I will keep my fingers crossed! Thanks for the motivation!

Is there a Facebook group for the class yet?

So I was told it would be created for us, but after asking my p2 friends, it wont be up until April/May. I say we go ahead and make one ourselves and whoever from the school can be changed to admin later. Otherwise, all the good leases will be gone by then imo (I've lived here for 4 years undergrad ). So for roommate purposes, anyone down for a Class of 2018 FB group? :)

Reactions: 1 users
I have 93 PCAT, 3.9 GPA @ UT Austin, 1 yr pharm tech, lots of volunteer hours, 2 LOR's from UT professors, 2 LOR's from pharmacists, but no degree. I'm just a sophomore and I'm worried. :(
How did your interview go?

idk. I think it went well, but I don't know what my interviewers thought.

I have 93 PCAT, 3.9 GPA @ UT Austin, 1 yr pharm tech, lots of volunteer hours, 2 LOR's from UT professors, 2 LOR's from pharmacists, but no degree. I'm just a sophomore and I'm worried. :(

do you know if the number of people who don't have a degree that apply is small? Maybe do they gives out those acceptances last?

I met several P1's during my interview that got in without degrees, so with your stats I'd be very surprised if you're not accepted.

I've gotten into Houston and Kingsville and so I'm hoping, no yearning, that I get into my number one choice!!! I also feel my app is good.

Going to have a BS in Biology this May
GPA is pretty good at 3.73
PCAT composite was 79 though I scored above 90th percentile on Biology and close to 90th on Math and Chemistry (that Reading comp section came out of the left field for some reason and I got 50th percentile on that)
CPhT with over a year of experience
Officer of the Treasury in the Pre-Pharmacy Student Organization
Two letters of recommendation from RPhT's I worked under
Thought my interview went well, and I feel my personal statement was very strong.

I'll probably call the school tomorrow afternoon if I do not see any more acceptances today/tomorrow morning...

Last edited:
I'm hoping some more calls go out late afternoon like one poster said happened previous years of people getting calls at 5pm. Super anxious! haha. First thing I need to do when I know which school I'm going to is apply for their scholarships