University of Texas CoP Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I probably have no chance...

Pcat cumulative: 84
6months pharmacy experience
2years research experience
4years community service
2 semester long leadership positions
1year health related work experience
Bachelors in biochemistry
Honor's college

Numerically, I don't think I have a chance... But will my involvement on campus and experience help out just a little bit?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't count yourself out just yet, your numbers, GPA wise, are not competitive but by no means a Dealbreaker. Just hang in there.

haha well i have gotten into other schools, and so im guessing i did a decent job in my interviews, the only thing is that I've heard that UT is very hard in terms of their interview process. is this true?

I only applied and therefore interviewed at UT but I thought that the entire process was pretty laid back and friendly. Even the interviewers try to set you at ease, they don't grill you either. I honestly answered something along the lines of "I don't know much about that branch of pharmacy so I would like to look into that before I form a conclusion" and they still accepted me. Lol. Honestly, just look through the interview feedback section and practice those questions. They helped so much.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going for my interview on Friday, February 10 at 1 p.m.! I'm excited!

Scheduled my interview for Feb 24th! Any UT students out here?

Got invited to an interview!! Just scheduled!

... i am stuck. i have interview at Tech on Feb 10 and Feik School on Feb 25 ... I don't know should I do Feb 11 or Feb 24 for UT

I have an interview at Ut COP and I didn't take the required Cal ! that I needed. I took the basic calculus course. Why would they give me an interview if they knew that my course was wrong? They've seen my transcripts!

I got my interview invite today too. I'll be interviewing 2/11

I have an interview at Ut COP and I didn't take the required Cal ! that I needed. I took the basic calculus course. Why would they give me an interview if they knew that my course was wrong? They've seen my transcripts!

me either, but there is still time to finish it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they offer genetics in the summer from UT or UTSA? I somehow missed that this was part of the requirements...

Same here. I'm worried I won't be eligible for admission now since I am not enrolled in Cal II. I'll have to call them on Monday. Hopefully theyll allow summer class for cal II but I keep hearing schools want math and scene course completed by the end of spring. Honestly, I do not see the point of requiring cal II, only to make the program more competitive. Funny how UT is the only school that requires cal II.

2/25 10 am. Who wants some? Congrats to everyone, I just got done celebrating!!

Same here. I'm worried I won't be eligible for admission now since I am not enrolled in Cal II. I'll have to call them on Monday. Hopefully theyll allow summer class for cal II but I keep hearing schools want math and scene course completed by the end of spring. Honestly, I do not see the point of requiring cal II, only to make the program more competitive. Funny how UT is the only school that requires cal II.

I'm scared to ask because they might say "oh yeah, you're right" and revoke my interview invitation.I know I did integrals in Cal 1, but I didn't take the equivalent course listed on their website. I sent them my transcripts from fall semester and it showed the classes that I'm registered for this spring semester. Let me know what they say after you call on monday

Hey y'all,
Just getting a little worried here...do you know if all of the interview invitations have already been sent out, or will there be another wave of invites sent in the next few days? I thought I had a fair shot of getting an interview at least, with a 3.6 GPA, 98 PCAT, and over 100 hrs of pharmacy experience (albeit voluntary), but I have not received an invitation. I don't want to freak out prematurely...what do y'all think?

I'm scared to ask because they might say "oh yeah, you're right" and revoke my interview invitation.I know I did integrals in Cal 1, but I didn't take the equivalent course listed on their website. I sent them my transcripts from fall semester and it showed the classes that I'm registered for this spring semester. Let me know what they say after you call on monday

They let you complete them through out the summer. I took cal I last spring and didn't realize I needed cal II so when I started here, I still hadn't taken cal II but Wilcox waived it for me on the promise that I would at least look over the stuff I wasn't able to cover. UT's faculty are very lenient and willing to help.
Officially you need a certain number of hours regarding integrals. Once you get in ask Wilcox and see if the amount of integration that you did will suffice- if not you can even take cal II at a community college over the summer.

Hi, do you guys know if these are the first batch of interview invitations? Do you think that they invite people in February? :confused:

Hi, do you guys know if these are the first batch of interview invitations? Do you think that they invite people in February? :confused:

I think, from reading the thread from last year, they only send out invitations once. But they could have changed it this year. You should call on Monday!

hey everyone! i got the interview invitation! hope you guys get it too, ill let you all know how it goes :)

Last year, the request to interview was sent on Friday 01/21. I don't believe UT sends out more than one batch of invitations because the slots fill up so quickly :/

thanks for the info, I was freaking out!!

Hi! I signed up for my interview with UT a few days ago. I'm really excited about it, but I don't want to get my hopes up. My stats aren't great. Low PCAT and GPA under 3.5. Will the interviewers ask questions about that? Where can I go to see what kinds of questions they may ask. How else should I prepare myself to give myself a better chance of actually getting accepted? I'm a pharm tech with research and volunteer work under my belt.

And on last piece of advice really check out the interview questions on this site. They were the BIGGEST help to me last year. If they have asked the question for the last 5 years, you can bet they will ask it again.

Good Luck all!!

where can i find these questions??? :D

From the SDN homepage click on "Articles and Interviews." Select "Pharmacy" then "Interview Feedback." You should see a list of all Pharmacy schools. Select the desired school and then click on "View Survey Results." on the UT COP page this link is under the pie graph. This will allow you to view feedback on the interview experience for the past several years, including some feedback on a variety of questions asked during the interview process. Be sure to read the "Things I would have liked to know before this interview" too. We no longer have construction trailers outside the front door, which is good!

Good luck to everyone!

Got my interview on Feb 10th! See you guys there!

Hi! I signed up for my interview with UT a few days ago. I'm really excited about it, but I don't want to get my hopes up. My stats aren't great. Low PCAT and GPA under 3.5. Will the interviewers ask questions about that? Where can I go to see what kinds of questions they may ask. How else should I prepare myself to give myself a better chance of actually getting accepted? I'm a pharm tech with research and volunteer work under my belt.

how was your personal statement and how were ur rec letters? I heard somewhere that those are some of the important points in selecting candidates. Keep your head up and hopefully they will send you an invite soon!

As long as you finish the required course before you enter classes in the fall then you should be ok. I still havent finished one course that I plan on taking in the summer :)

I'm officially signed up for the 24th at 1:30 p.m. I am so excited about UT! I didn't think I was going to get an interview. :D

does anyone know how many people get interviews?

does anyone know how many people get interviews?

From what I have heard about UT-Pharmacy,
250 get interviews; 125 get acceptances; 15 get waitlisted.

Super stoked- Got my interview invite on Friday- Anyone going on 2/11? What time? I scheduled my interview for 3p.

I will be there the 11th for a 2-2:30 interview. See you there! :)

From what I have heard about UT-Pharmacy,
250 get interviews; 125 get acceptances; 15 get waitlisted.

they're only interviewing 160 this year.

ps i also signed up for the 3pm slot on the 11th :)

how do you know? :O So how many students do they accept this year?

I'm officially signed up for the 24th at 1:30 p.m. I am so excited about UT! I didn't think I was going to get an interview. :D

I signed up for that same exact time too! good luck :thumbup:

how do you know? :O So how many students do they accept this year?

friend's roommate is in pharmacy school. and they still accept 125, but a certain number of seats will be reserved for the people in the El Paso program, (maybe also a small percentage of out of state folks?) so we're looking at a 1 in 2 chance of getting in which is pretty good, in my opinion.

I signed up on the same day but at 1pm

Sweet! We'll definitely see each other. Do you go to UT already, or are you taking classes elsewhere? I'll be staying for the tour as well.

I will be there the 11th for a 2-2:30 interview. See you there! :)

Totally posted about this without quoting it lol- Do you go to UT already? You staying for the tour? Just curious how many people are applying to UT who already currently attend the University...
See you there regardless :)

Totally posted about this without quoting it lol- Do you go to UT already? You staying for the tour? Just curious how many people are applying to UT who already currently attend the University...
See you there regardless :)

Hey Madmax87, I go to UT. do you?

This question is for the ladies, pant suit or dress? This is Texas so Lord only knows what the weather will be like in Feb. I live in San Marcos & it was in the 70s today so I'm debating on wearing pants or a skirt. Thoughts?

I don't think it's gonna be too bad, Austin weather is always so mild and nice. My only advice is if you wear a skirt suit, make sure it's appropriate length. I went to UH's interview and someone was wearing a pretty short skirt, which really stood out since everyone was either wearing pants or knee length skirt..