University of Texas CoP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What. I called them twice and I got the same answer, both said in the next week. I hope it's soon...

Me too! Good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no way... They just sent me an email on the 7th saying they are reviewing my application...

What. I called them twice and I got the same answer, both said in the next week. I hope it's soon...

yeah when I called two weeks ago, they told me that we would know by now. Let us know if anyone hears from them!

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah when I called two weeks ago, they told me that we would know by now. Let us know if anyone hears from them!

I got an e-mail on the 20th saying "invitations for interviews will be emailed to a subset of applicants within the next two weeks."

Has anyone heard anything yet? Anxious!

I got an e-mail on the 20th saying "invitations for interviews will be emailed to a subset of applicants within the next two weeks."

Has anyone heard anything yet? Anxious!

Same. Calm the nerves, it is out of your hands for now

is it hard? what organizations should I join?
Yeah you have to bring your A game but people manage to get through it. Some don't but they will eventually and thats all that matters. Organizations are really more for networking since pharmacy is getting to a point where its harder and harder to get a job with all these schools popping out of nowhere.

Yeah you have to bring your A game but people manage to get through it. Some don't but they will eventually and thats all that matters. Organizations are really more for networking since pharmacy is getting to a point where its harder and harder to get a job with all these schools popping out of nowhere.

are you a pharmacy student at UT too?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else got interviews yet? I'm getting worried

I recently heard that they will be sending out interview invites soon.

Is there an algorithm for getting into UT?

for what it's worth, I just received an email invitation to interview... you guys might want to check your inbox!:)

Okay. The scheduling system isn't letting me in. It says, "We cannot process your request at this time.
Your Pharm.D. application must be complete and you must be invited to access this service."
...except my app is complete and I was, indeed, invited haha...

Is it doing that for any of you?

same for me, can't schedule my interview either.....

heartbroken are the only words that can describe how I feel :cry: well at least I know early this year

What should we do? Did you send them an email?

@ Beargirl, hopefully you have another school waiting

@ pharm170: the email did said they wont have anyone staffed until after jan 1 so I don't know who to contact

Hmm... yeah, I thought about emailing the [email protected] address on their webpage, but I doubt anyone would respond before the 1st because of the holidays.

I guess we're going to have to wait until the 1st or 2nd :/
Until then, I'll probably keep checking every few hours just in case haha.

Surely we are not the only ones who are having trouble with this..

correct, you are not the only ones. i'm pretty sure it is a system error at this point.

correct, you are not the only ones. i'm pretty sure it is a system error at this point.

Just received my invite, and I'm having the same problem. I suppose we all need to wait until after the new year...

What should we do to prepare for our interviews? You guys know anything about this new group interview thing?

What should we do to prepare for our interviews? You guys know anything about this new group interview thing?

I'm thinking they will be similar to the group interviews done by other colleges of pharmacy.
Your guess is as good as mine, though, in terms of what they'll ask the groups to do.

Input anyone?

check your emails, interview registration is up

Still can't schedule my interview... Anyone else still having issues ?

any tips on how to prepare for the interview? i heard UT takes the interviews very seriously. i am already starting to feel nevrous...:(

the interview will determine everything

@Chargers817 I was able to schedule mine around noon today, didn't have any problems. I went through the original email link.

@Chargers817 I was able to schedule mine around noon today, didn't have any problems. I went through the original email link.

Awe might just be my account or something. Thanks for letting me know.

I was able to select an interview time today. A few slots were taken when I was signing up around noon today. Looking forward to meeting some great minds and exploring Austin!

@ Beargirl, hopefully you have another school waiting

@ pharm170: the email did said they wont have anyone staffed until after jan 1 so I don't know who to contact

oh no worries for me I've already been accepted to OU. I was just holding out for TU b/c it's my dream school.

Good Luck Everyone! :luck:

oh no worries for me I've already been accepted to OU. I was just holding out for TU b/c it's my dream school.

Good Luck Everyone! :luck:

Calling your dream school by a derogatory term that's commonly and disrespectfully used by another school does not fare well in the admissions process. :smuggrin:;)

I don't know if it was just me but I had the hardest time deciding which time slot to pick. I couldn't do friday due to work and was trying to figure out what time in saturday the interviewers would be in a better mood. LOL.

I'm sure most people who got interview offers registered by now, but the first registration system had a glitch and didn't recognize people who did get interview offers. So the school worked on the issue over the weekend and sent out a second email with the details. This one did work.

I'm really curious about the "ethical scenario" group discussion. This portion is new this year so I don't think we can really ask someone who's done it before etc. Anyone had any experience at another school that did something similar?

I have heard that UT tends to pick up people that are re-applicants... but judging from their statistics, it doesn't seem particularly so. SIGH.

I don't know if it was just me but I had the hardest time deciding which time slot to pick. I couldn't do friday due to work and was trying to figure out what time in saturday the interviewers would be in a better mood. LOL.

I'm sure most people who got interview offers registered by now, but the first registration system had a glitch and didn't recognize people who did get interview offers. So the school worked on the issue over the weekend and sent out a second email with the details. This one did work.

I'm really curious about the "ethical scenario" group discussion. This portion is new this year so I don't think we can really ask someone who's done it before etc. Anyone had any experience at another school that did something similar?

I have heard that UT tends to pick up people that are re-applicants... but judging from their statistics, it doesn't seem particularly so. SIGH.

I got in the 2nd time. Got an interview the first time...I chose the last day, afternoon. My interviewer was a retail pharmacist, she seemed kinda tired..maybe she worked a shift that day. Thing's didn't pan out, the conversation was not really going on. Come back next year.

My 2nd interview was the first interview, in the morning, on the first interview date. The rapport was really fast. My interviewer was a lecturer in the p3 year. This guy had his coffee and he wanted to be there. I got in.

So....I dunno, I would choose a morning interview, an early date

Well I don't think I can change it at this point. I did get the first one in the afternoon session... which happens to be right after lunch at 2:00 PM.... um yeah... *bangs head on wall* Hope it'll be okay. I got a pretty good interviewer last year. Hopefully I can get someone as good this year.

Does anyone know if the interview is closed or open file?

Congrats to those of you who got an interview. As a UT student I would just like to extend a word of caution to you all as you make your decision process.

From my experience, I have to shamefully admit that UT really does focus more on appearance than the actual students. While all Colleges of Pharmacy in Texas have almost identical pass rates for the NAPLEX, UT is unique for it's national ranking (#4 currently). However, you will find that UT needlessly complicates the curriculum to maintain this ranking. Do not be mistaken when you choose to accept UT COP. The courses are difficult, the instructors are guided to purposefully weedout students in the first and second year. In the third year successful students who have demonstrated mastery of the material and are obviously dedicated are still failed and held back simply to maintain this illusion.

A student with a B+ average can fail the course for an entire year based off of a test worth less than 20% of the course overall. This is because UT uses module mastery, if you do not pass every exam in every class you will not proceed in the program and will be held back a year and forced to pay $15k for the privilege. Now while most of you are sitting out there saying, this isn't a problem, I have a 4.0 I've never failed a class in my life. Just remember that every single semester at UT you will be registered for at LEAST 18hrs and up to 11 classes. You will have multiple exams a week, sometimes a day. Each class will require excessive outside of class work. Labs require up to 10 hours of prep per week, a statistic the faculty brags about while well aware of our course load. You will be in classes where everyone was the top of their class coming in, and now at least 25% of these 4.0 students are learning what it feels like to be at the bottom. You will be in a class with these very talented individuals and still have exam averages that are below passing, and curves NEVER happen.

Additionally, the first week of every year you will take a milestone exam covering the previous semesters material. This exam is mandatory as well. On the exam you will be forced to recall minute detail, including formulas, that may not have even been required to have memorized for the class. The stress level is high and constant. The students who graduate will either fall into 1 of 2 groups, they will be egocentric bastards who think they are too good for anything and deserve to have employers feel honored to have them working for them, or they will have learned what the bottom feels like, these students will have been ground into the floor for 4 years. They will have no self esteem, they will have stress disorders, and will never realize their true potential as they have learned to accept they are the dirt the top 10% walks on.

This is the environment UT fosters. Had I known this 3 years ago I never would have pursued my education at this establishment. While there are people who thrive in high pressure and high stress environments, I would caution those of you who don't. The professors are renown, the university is nationally ranked, but the disregard for students is undeniable.

Congrats to those of you who got an interview. As a UT student I would just like to extend a word of caution to you all as you make your decision process.

From my experience, I have to shamefully admit that UT really does focus more on appearance than the actual students. While all Colleges of Pharmacy in Texas have almost identical pass rates for the NAPLEX, UT is unique for it's national ranking (#4 currently). However, you will find that UT needlessly complicates the curriculum to maintain this ranking. Do not be mistaken when you choose to accept UT COP. The courses are difficult, the instructors are guided to purposefully weedout students in the first and second year. In the third year successful students who have demonstrated mastery of the material and are obviously dedicated are still failed and held back simply to maintain this illusion.

A student with a B+ average can fail the course for an entire year based off of a test worth less than 20% of the course overall. This is because UT uses module mastery, if you do not pass every exam in every class you will not proceed in the program and will be held back a year and forced to pay $15k for the privilege. Now while most of you are sitting out there saying, this isn't a problem, I have a 4.0 I've never failed a class in my life. Just remember that every single semester at UT you will be registered for at LEAST 18hrs and up to 11 classes. You will have multiple exams a week, sometimes a day. Each class will require excessive outside of class work. Labs require up to 10 hours of prep per week, a statistic the faculty brags about while well aware of our course load. You will be in classes where everyone was the top of their class coming in, and now at least 25% of these 4.0 students are learning what it feels like to be at the bottom. You will be in a class with these very talented individuals and still have exam averages that are below passing, and curves NEVER happen.

Additionally, the first week of every year you will take a milestone exam covering the previous semesters material. This exam is mandatory as well. On the exam you will be forced to recall minute detail, including formulas, that may not have even been required to have memorized for the class. The stress level is high and constant. The students who graduate will either fall into 1 of 2 groups, they will be egocentric bastards who think they are too good for anything and deserve to have employers feel honored to have them working for them, or they will have learned what the bottom feels like, these students will have been ground into the floor for 4 years. They will have no self esteem, they will have stress disorders, and will never realize their true potential as they have learned to accept they are the dirt the top 10% walks on.

This is the environment UT fosters. Had I known this 3 years ago I never would have pursued my education at this establishment. While there are people who thrive in high pressure and high stress environments, I would caution those of you who don't. The professors are renown, the university is nationally ranked, but the disregard for students is undeniable.

It's not that hard. I go out on weekends, hang out with friends...score better than average on most exams. I think my self esteem is intact . It's pharmacy school, not a walk in the park. I'd rather endure trials by fire than be handed my degree. In fact, coming close to failing or doing badly is a humbling experience. I can see how you can feel jaded after getting your ass handed to you on exams by your peers, but that's life. It's a big pond, not everyone can get residencies. There's always retail, and in this economic climate that's better than nothing.