University of Texas CoP Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Correct: they are supposed to meet again on the 20th (and take 2-3 days to get in touch), so don't lose hope just yet. Also, one of the two emails we received after the call asks us to reply with a yes/no if we plan on accepting by the morning of the 22nd (hence in that 2-3 day period). This will possibly open up more spots for those discussed on the 20th. Keep trucking and wait this out. Also, you could end up on waiting list, which is a good thing. There are always those with multiple options that choose a different university. Positive thoughts and good luck

ive heard about that 2nd meeting also. i told myself i wasnt gonna check this till after feb so i wouldnt stress myself out guess that what i get.

Members don't see this ad :)
ive heard about that 2nd meeting also. i told myself i wasnt gonna check this till after feb so i wouldnt stress myself out guess that what i get.

Haha I know! Now I check it religiously. I just want to know whether or not I have to attend two more interviews :(

ACCEPTED! Woohoo!!! This is so amazing! Man this is gonna be a tough decision for me between UH and UT, as they are both my top 2 schools. Either way I am excited to be pursuing a pharmacy education from a quality school!!!

Does anyone know if they are still sending out acceptances? I know some have gotten in the afternoon and was it just email? Or does everyone get a phone call?

I got a call at work, saw it was from austin and thought that it was one of those Texas Exes people asking for money so I didn't pick it up. Now I wish I had bc I would have love to hear the news in person. Oh well, now I get to decide between UT and Tech. :D cheers

I got a call at work, saw it was from austin and thought that it was one of those Texas Exes people asking for money so I didn't pick it up. Now I wish I had bc I would have love to hear the news in person. Oh well, now I get to decide between UT and Tech. :D cheers

When did you hear from them? Will they still send out more acceptances?
Sorry guys if I sound nervous :/

When did you hear from them? Will they still send out more acceptances?
Sorry guys if I sound nervous :/

The call was at 3:44, so I was kinna late, I don't know if they will sent out more acceptance but I doubt they filled all the seats in one day, so keep your fingers crossed

Haven't heard anything from UTCOP yet, so I'm really bummed. Congratulations to all of you who have heard back!! I'm checking my "my status" page, and it says "incomplete"... wondering if any of y'all that received acceptances have the same status? Or does it say "complete", or "you have been admitted" or something similar? My residency also says "non resident", even though I am a Texas resident.
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything from UTCOP yet, so I'm really bummed. Congratulations to all of you who have heard back!! I'm checking my "my status" page, and it says "incomplete"... wondering if any of y'all that received acceptances have the same status? Or does it say "complete", or "you have been admitted" or something similar? My residency also says "non resident", even though I am a Texas resident.
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/

Thanks for any help!

My status still says incomplete, but I got my phone call this morning. Mine does say I'm a Texas resident, however, so I'm not sure what happened there for you. Hope this helps!

To those that have heard back- were you in the first session (Jan 25th ish) or second session (Feb 1st ish)?

To those that have heard back- were you in the first session (Jan 25th ish) or second session (Feb 1st ish)?

It has been a mix of both sessions that received acceptance calls today.

oh well guess I didn't get in if I didnt even have a shot at the first round of acceptances.... pretty depressing..

For those who have not heard from UT yet ... Breath. You still have a great shot. The committee always planned on meeting twice. They couldn't get through all the candidates in one session, as this isn't rolling admissions, but instead they have to go through ~300 people at one time. Also, the last two pages of this topic have a lot of valuable info that answers many questions that you might have about how today went. Relax and try to remain calm. I know not knowing is rough, but it should be over soon. Congrats to those accepted and good luck to those still waiting. We're pulling for you.

oh well guess I didn't get in if I didnt even have a shot at the first round of acceptances.... pretty depressing..

Stay positive! I'm in your shoes. I was in the first round of interviews and didn't hear from UT today. This could mean a lot of things. Maybe we weren't in first 1/2 of applications they reviewed. Maybe we were, and they didn't get to contact everybody today. Maybe we're in the second half and we'll be reviewed on Wednesday. Don't lose the faith, though I know it's so hard!! I've been down and out all day, but we aren't alone... remember this! :)

Stay positive! I'm in your shoes. I was in the first round of interviews and didn't hear from UT today. This could mean a lot of things. Maybe we weren't in first 1/2 of applications they reviewed. Maybe we were, and they didn't get to contact everybody today. Maybe we're in the second half and we'll be reviewed on Wednesday. Don't lose the faith, though I know it's so hard!! I've been down and out all day, but we aren't alone... remember this! :)

Thanks pab2017. Glad I know someone is in the same boat. For some reason, I randomly decided to check this forum for the first time in 3 weeks and I see all these acceptances, which was really hard to take in lol.

Thanks pab2017. Glad I know someone is in the same boat. For some reason, I randomly decided to check this forum for the first time in 3 weeks and I see all these acceptances, which was really hard to take in lol.

I feel the same way, I also have been pretty bummed but hey until we get a rejection we still have a chance!!! We are still in this! :)

Just got accepted, any P1's want to give us a brief snapshot of their class schedule?

Just got accepted, any P1's want to give us a brief snapshot of their class schedule?

I wouldn't start rushing into thinking too much about pharmacy school yet! :p You still have a semester to pass at the current institution you are at. I just would not worry about anything yet and be on cloud 9. But FYI, the P1 semester is a stark contrast from undergrad even if you loaded yourself with a lot of science related courses.

Has anyone accepted received their email offer of admission today? My email yesterday said it would arrive "on or before" today. Obviously, there is still time, but the day is quickly passing by, so I just wanted to check with others. Thanks ...

Its nice to see so many people get together over a topic like this. Even those who have been accepted helping out the ones (including me) who haven't heard anything yet. It helps going through this with others in the same boat and sharing their information. I think the support being shown on here is remarkable for complete strangers. Its an amazing show of respect and kindness. Whether I go to UTSOP or not I just wanna say Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the discussions here. Its nice knowing that some good hearted people will be in the pharmacy field one day. Maybe we will work together if our paths don't lead us to the same school. Keep yalls heads up and I hope it works out for everyone in the end. :thumbup: :)

Last edited:
Hi current P1-4,

If you could provide a P1 schedule or simply starting and ending time for each day, along with the block exam and lab times, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Its nice to see so many people get together over a topic like this. Even those who have been accepted helping out the ones (including me) who haven't heard anything yet. It helps going through this with others in the same boat and sharing their information. I think the support being shown on here is remarkable for complete strangers. Its an amazing show of respect and kindness. Whether I go to UTSOP or not I just wanna say Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the discussions here. Its nice knowing that some good hearted people will be in the pharmacy field one day. Maybe we will work together if our paths don't lead us to the same school. Keep yalls heads up and I hope it works out for everyone in the end. :thumbup: :)

You might not go to UTCOP this year but will be a pharmacist anyway!
Many of us might walk different paths but will end up working at the same place ;-)
Cheer!:love:

I don't know if this has already been addressed on here but does anyone have any advice on where to live in Austin? Names of apartments, recommendations on where to/where not to live and how to find a place would be great! Thanks!

I don't know if this has already been addressed on here but does anyone have any advice on where to live in Austin? Names of apartments, recommendations on where to/where not to live and how to find a place would be great! Thanks!

Pretty much the best place if you wanna live really close to campus is West Campus - this is pretty much where most students find apartments to live in. However, there are LOTS of undergrads living there, so obviously tons of partying and crazy happenings going on and very noisy. If you like peace, maybe west campus isn't the place. You could also rent apartments in north campus and other places nearby, but it'll be a little bit farther of a walk/drive/bike/bus ride, depending on how far north you are. Personally I like the convenience of being close to campus because I can stop by after a class to grab lunch, or I can drop by anytime to study on campus if I wanted to or maybe just catch a meeting after hours or get together with classmates easily. You could also rent apartments or condos further outside the city, but obviously it'll be less convenient if you like being close to campus. Fortunately the bus system is pretty good in Austin, and there's actually a bus that stops right next to (sort of) the pharmacy building, so no matter what, you'll be able to find a bus that goes wherever you need to go. Parking permits are expensive for UT campus, but that's always another option.

Do a lot of homework searching for a place to live because most of the property management companies suck and try to take advantage of students. I lived in West Campus for almost all of my undergraduate years. It's really convenient but like the person said before me, there are a lot of undergrads living there which means a lot of partying and craziness...not that there's anything wrong with that...

I personally like far west. It's about 15-20min driving or 20-30 min on bus.
Many graduate students live here and it's very quiet and the bus stops right next to the pharmacy building.
It may not be as convenient as living near campus, but I usually finish my studying at school and go home to relax, so it hasn't been a problem for me. :)

But do research before,, some have poor management

Here are some far west apartments:
Ridge, westdale parke, northwest hills, westdale pointe

but you could probably just google apartments in far west, austin or something like that.
I hope it helps! :)

I know that the AdCom had their second meeting yesterday, 2/20. Does anyone know if offers will be sent out today or tomorrow...or next Monday like the last group?

I wouldn't expect anything until Monday to be completely honest. In our acceptance emails, they asked us to give them a preliminary answer by the 22nd. It is my guess that they obviously prepared their list yesterday, but the number of acceptance emails to be sent out this second round could fluctuate based on our replies. I assume they'll take stock of our answers after Friday, and possibly adjust the numbers based on them and get back to you Monday. This is a complete guess, but it makes sense, since they wanted a quick reply. The other reason for a Monday guess follows just what you said. The first round emails were sent out on Monday, so it's likely to follow that trend. Good luck everyone.

Does anyone know if Pre-req or overall GPA is more important to the adcom? For example, my overall is a 3.66 but my pre-req is 3.83 with my science pre-req being 3.89. I'm hoping they don't just take what PharmCas has given them...

Last edited:
Does anyone know how rotations work at UT? Like if we can choose what city we want to do our rotations in?

Congrats to everyone who got in! And for those who haven't yet, there is still time. I didn't get my call until the second round. It causes a lot of panic but it all works out! :)

I have attached the P1 schedule from this year (It could always change)

You will have 2 labs: MedChem and PChem. MedChem is mandatory, but you can choose to go to PChem Lab or not (You need to be at pre-Lab 2-3 for the weekly quiz). For us, PChem was either Monday or Tuesday.
Medchem could have been any day of the week. You will find out your day during scheduling.

Also Intro to patient care has a discussion one morning a week that is mandatory.

Hopefully the attachment works.... If not, message me and I will do my best to figure something else out for you! Anyways, congrats again!

Attachments

• P1 Fall Schedule.docx
    18.1 KB · Views: 100
Does anyone know how rotations work at UT? Like if we can choose what city we want to do our rotations in?
As far as rotations, you will rank your top choices, but you have to sign something when you get in saying that you will go anywhere they put you. So if you don't get your first choice, you will move there barring any extenuating circumstances. If you get Austin you stay all 4 years, Dallas or Houston you are at UT for 3 and then go to your city, and San Antonio you do 2 years in Austin, and then P3 and P4 year at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio. You will know by the end of P1 year where you will be going so you can make plans. Hope this helps! :)

Do people who get accepted first (the first round last Monday) get first pick in where they would like to do rotations?

Do people who get accepted first (the first round last Monday) get first pick in where they would like to do rotations?

haha NO WAY! Once you get in everyone is on the same turf.... No one even knows who got in first or last unless you choose to talk about it. :thumbup:

Any idea if they're making second round calls today or if they're making calls as they receive first-round "NOs"? ......I'm not nervous at all....

With pharm170 saying they received their call today, I would say they are making them today for the 2nd round of individuals, but I'm not sure if there's really any way to truly know if all the calls will go out today. The first round "NOs" shouldn't have anything to do with the day, other than slightly adjusting the number of offers they send out this second round, but once again, that was all a guess on my part based on the email we received and how the days lined up. They definitely didn't fill the class from the first round based on what they told us at interviews. It was always supposed to be broken up. I hope everyone gets what they want ... good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the info and the schedule! See you in Austin! :)
Congrats to everyone who got in! And for those who haven't yet, there is still time. I didn't get my call until the second round. It causes a lot of panic but it all works out! :)

I have attached the P1 schedule from this year (It could always change)

You will have 2 labs: MedChem and PChem. MedChem is mandatory, but you can choose to go to PChem Lab or not (You need to be at pre-Lab 2-3 for the weekly quiz). For us, PChem was either Monday or Tuesday.
Medchem could have been any day of the week. You will find out your day during scheduling.

Also Intro to patient care has a discussion one morning a week that is mandatory.

Hopefully the attachment works.... If not, message me and I will do my best to figure something else out for you! Anyways, congrats again!

I'm currently deciding between UT and UH. Is anyone in the same boat as me? Do you guys have any thoughts?