University of Texas-San Antonio Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rukmini

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone applying for University of Texas - San Antonio Dental School
Is there any practical exam in the interview
Please help me if anybody knows

Members don't see this ad.

Yes , there is a dental skill assessment exam .

Hi nazish

what do they ask in the skill assessment exam
my part 1 score is 83 and my GPA is only 2.9
Is it worth of applying with these scores

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont know yet , but there Gpa requirement is 2.00 so I think U should apply.

I dont know yet , but there Gpa requirement is 2.00 so I think U should apply.
Hello friends,

Does anyone know should we sent transcript directly from the college or a notarised copy of the transcript will be sufficient for university of Texas,Please help me.

hi,
even i have the same questions,do they accept the notarised copies of our transcripts,and can we attach the personal statement in a seperate sheet??

Transcript have to be sent by your dental school to their university. That is how i sent it. Also you need to type your personal statement in the place provided..... hope this helps.

My friend applied last yr to UTHSCSA and she got copies of her marksheets & degree attested and sealed by the university. She put it in an envelope and sent it directly to the school . She sent her application separately.They accepted it.
There is a practical exam too.

You will also note that the UTHSCSA is a different institution than the UTSA (Univ. of Texas at San Antonio, which is where I attend undergraduate school). They are not located near each other.

My friend applied last yr to UTHSCSA and she got copies of her marksheets & degree attested and sealed by the university. She put it in an envelope and sent it directly to the school . She sent her application separately.They accepted it.
There is a practical exam too.

So what you are saying is that she made copies and then got them sealed by the school? that can be done? Because I would really hate to order more original transcripts from my school. they charge me $30 for each!! That would be nice if they can just seal a copy for me.

Well..I did the same thing too and I got an email from the school that my application is complete.So, I guess they accept it.
Actually I did not make copies, I asked my univ back home about the transcripts & dental degree and they made copies of it themselves, attested & sealed it and they said they will send it only to my home address in India. So I got my parents to send them to my address in the US, put them in an envelope and sent it to UTHSCSA.
I agree that original transcripts are pretty expensive!!

HTH!

So what you are saying is that she made copies and then got them sealed by the school? that can be done? Because I would really hate to order more original transcripts from my school. they charge me $30 for each!! That would be nice if they can just seal a copy for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well..I did the same thing too and I got an email from the school that my application is complete.So, I guess they accept it.
Actually I did not make copies, I asked my univ back home about the transcripts & dental degree and they made copies of it themselves, attested & sealed it and they said they will send it only to my home address in India. So I got my parents to send them to my address in the US, put them in an envelope and sent it to UTHSCSA.
I agree that original transcripts are pretty expensive!!

HTH!

I have my dental school transcript in a sealed envelope.I think it will work.What do u guys think?

If it has the universities original seal on the transcripts and the envelope..it should work.

I have my dental school transcript in a sealed envelope.I think it will work.What do u guys think?

If it has the universities original seal on the transcripts and the envelope..it should work.

I have the transcripts issued by college and it has the college's original stamp on transcript and envelope both.will it be fine?

I did they same , let me see if they accept it or not.

I have the transcripts issued by college and it has the college's original stamp on transcript and envelope both.will it be fine?

Mine had the original stamp too..and they accepted it..so i guess it will be fine.

my university hasnt given me a degree certificate yet..do they accept a provisional degree?

Hello everyone,
I am new on this site. I am a A foreign trained dentist from India Maharashtra and I am looking at the University Of Texas San Antonio for their IDEP 2012 Batch admission. Has anyone got an interveiw call yet? Everyone is free to contact me. Hope to meet you'll guys at San Antonio ;).

Hello everyone,
I am new on this site. I am a A foreign trained dentist from India Maharashtra and I am looking at the University Of Texas San Antonio for their IDEP 2012 Batch admission. Has anyone got an interveiw call yet? Everyone is free to contact me. Hope to meet you'll guys at San Antonio ;).

hey, i've applied to texas too. they haven't sent me an email confirming the receipt of my application yet but it's only been 2 days since my courier got delivered so i'm not worried just yet. Have they notified you if your application has been received?

hey, i've applied to texas too. they haven't sent me an email confirming the receipt of my application yet but it's only been 2 days since my courier got delivered so i'm not worried just yet. Have they notified you if your application has been received?

Hi Mpldentsit,
Yes they did notify me that my application had been received and have been very responsive until lately. Probably the 31st October deadline is approaching and may be that is why they aren't messaging anymore I do not know.What are you stats like as in your GPA score etc ?

Hi Mpldentsit,
Yes they did notify me that my application had been received and have been very responsive until lately. Probably the 31st October deadline is approaching and may be that is why they aren't messaging anymore I do not know.What are you stats like as in your GPA score etc ?