University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to everyone who has interviewed at UIW!!! It seems like a great school.

Does anyone know if UIW uses acting/role playing scenarios in their MMI? Those are my least favorite!

It is not acting/role playing. You are focused on a prompt outside the door and then discuss it with the interviewer.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected post-secondary. I was likely not going to attend the interview anyways because of my budget, but I really spent an incredible amount of time writing up my secondaries. I think the school has a clear mission and philosophy that I felt I vibed with. Thought they would go for it. Oh well. Good Luck to those still waiting and congrats on those accepted.

Last edited:
Rejected post-secondary. I was likely not going to attend the interview anyways because of my budget, but I really spent an incredible amount of time writing up my secondaries. I think the school has a clear mission and philosophy that I felt I vibed with. Thought they would go for it. Oh well. Good Luck to those still waiting and congrats on those accepted.
I wouldn't take it personally. This is their first year at this, and they probably recorded thousands and thousands off apps. Might have caught them off guard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't take it personally. This is their first year at this, and they probably recorded thousands and thousands off apps. Might have caught them off guard.

Judging by the emails I got they certainly received more interest than they initially anticipated. Before the cycle began, just from a numbers perspective, I would have thought I was gonna end up here lol

Judging by the emails I got they certainly received more interest than they initially anticipated. Before the cycle began, just from a numbers perspective, I would have thought I was gonna end up here lol
Yeah I thought I would at least get an interview. Oh well!

Reactions: 1 user

What do you mean? Do they give an idea of how many apps they received?

IIRC I was told in a email that they basically had way too many apps to review.

Ah I see. I'm probably way down the line then. My last LOR was just submitted mid September even though I submitted my secondary early August. Well still hoping for some love!

Edit: I saw you were accepted at LECOM-SH! I interviewed at Erie but put Seton Hill as my top choice. Still waiting to hear even though I chose early acceptance.

Anyone want to read my secondary? Especially the ones who received and II.

Is there anyway I could apply without a physician LOR?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who have interviewed, at what time were you free to go. I have a flight to catch at 4pm after the interview.

For those of you who have interviewed, at what time were you free to go. I have a flight to catch at 4pm after the interview.
I want to say around or before 1? I'd also reccomend checking what time interview days end first and then booking flights.

Almost was in a crunch in AL because I didnt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I want to say around or before 1? I'd also reccomend checking what time interview days end first and then booking flights.

Almost was in a crunch in AL because I didnt.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

My flight from San Antonio leaves at 4:40pm, so hopefully there are no issues.

Haven't booked my trip to AL, but I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you!

Same here. My flight is at 4pm-ish. The info says that they will let us out by 12:30pm, so that's plenty of time to make it to the airport for your 4:40pm flight

Be sure to remember that ATL is EST and if you head west to an interview, it will probably be in CST time zone. You lose an hour heading back to the airport! I made my flight, but a bit closer than I would have liked.

When did y'all submit y'alls secondary and got an interview.

This is the first DO school I have an interview with on 10/22. What are the interviews like? I've never experienced MMIs. I'm eager to see what this school is like

Well I am finally complete here. I had to wait for them to verify a 3rd LoR. Boy, just look at that tuition!

Yeah I use interfolio all the time. And that's where all my letters are I just knew I couldn't send it to AACOMAS but can I send directly to the school?

Yeah I use interfolio all the time. And that's where all my letters are I just knew I couldn't send it to AACOMAS but can I send directly to the school?

Hmm, I would check with each school about this. But when I was talking to Nova Southeastern the other day, they said that they only accept letters that come directly from AACOMAS. Also, I found this on the AACOMAS website. See below.

"Evaluations (references) completed through AACOMAS are sent to all of the schools you designate in your AACOMAS application. Letters submitted through AACOMAS cannot be customized to any one school or program."

http://help.unicas.com:8888/aacomas...supporting-information/evaluations/index.html

Yeah they are generic letters but I just don't want to have them to fill something else out and send it to AACOMAS. For TCOM they were just sent directly to the school from interfolio. I'll check it out. I only applied to 3 DO, so we will see what their requirements are. Thank you for your help.

Yeah they are generic letters but I just don't want to have them to fill something else out and send it to AACOMAS. For TCOM they were just sent directly to the school from interfolio. I'll check it out. I only applied to 3 DO, so we will see what their requirements are. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome! :) TCOM uses TMDSAS app services, so their requirements might be different than other DO schools. But it seems like DO schools using the AACOMAS services are pretty strict on their LORS coming directly through AACOMAS.

How did you all sends LORs, through interfolio?

Interfolio for my additional LoR. Easy as pie. UIWTX said it would take up to 2 weeks to attach my lor to my app, it took them at-least 2 weeks if not a few days more. I was just about to email them or re-send. They must be extremely busy. Poor guys.

II! Compete September 13th!

Reactions: 1 users
II here too!! Complete 8/18. But had to sched mine for Dec 10 bc of funds. Bad idea? Does anyone know how much of their class is filled at this point?

Last edited:
II tonight! For anyone who's interviewed here, how was the experience for you?

II!!! Aw yeah! complete 8/23

II!! super bumped! I was complete September 24th!

I'm considering giving up my II spot for this school on 10/22. Hope it goes to one of you deserving sdner!

II here too!! Complete 8/18. But had to sched mine for Dec 10 bc of funds. Bad idea? Does anyone know how much of their class is filled at this point?

I don't think it is filled at all! I think they were wanting 150 students if I recall correctly. Total in the first two interview dates, it was 36 students. Not everyone got accepted by the looks of the thread. Some people were waitlisted, so there is still a shot. Don't give up!

For those students that are accepted, has anyone made a facebook page? Or should I?

I don't think it is filled at all! I think they were wanting 150 students if I recall correctly. Total in the first two interview dates, it was 36 students. Not everyone got accepted by the looks of the thread. Some people were waitlisted, so there is still a shot. Don't give up!
Can you clarify this please? So there were about 18 students who interviewed on each interview date?