University of the Incarnate Word (UIWSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys, regarding the photo that needs to be uploaded, what kind of pics did you upload? like a head shot or a cropped facebook picture lol

I just did a headshot but not professionally done, just dressed up took a pic in front of white wall and used a decent camera!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Go to a passport place. Should be like 10-15 dollars.
Do they give you the electronic version too? I went to Walgreens and they could only print but no electronic version for me to upload.

It is somewhat like case scenarios, where they try to see how we think on our feet. There are few MMI books on Amazon.com which are helpful in preparing a general strategy and practice. Youtube videos and online resources are also useful.
Thank you.

Do they give you the electronic version too? I went to Walgreens and they could only print but no electronic version for me to upload.

My place was able to email it to me. Use Yelp or google to find passport photo shops near you, then call and see which one could give you a digital copy. Also it should be cheaper if you get a digital copy only.

I got mine done at Walgreens too. Only printable pics but I went home and took a pic of the pic with my phone. I then uploaded the pic I took of the pic :p

Thanks @MADD!!! I didnt add any letters to AACOMAS when I submitted my primary. Can I still add them or is it too late? :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Do my letter writers need to upload them to aacomas? Or can I use interfolio to send them to aacomas? Sorry for all of the Q's..I did my research but im still a bit confused.

Thank you! Do my letter writers need to upload them to aacomas? Or can I use interfolio to send them to aacomas? Sorry for all of the Q's..I did my research but im still a bit confused.

You can send it yourself from Interfolio to AACOMAS. There's an instruction sheet on how to do it if you google it. If you're still having trouble, feel free to PM me. :)

Reactions: 1 users
dude i swear im looking at them on interfolio right now lol. try typing in 'incarn' and see if it comes up

http://www.uiw.edu/som/admissions/apply.html

I see the UIWSOM tab on Interfolio as well. But on their website (link above) it says "Letters of recommendation will only be accepted through the application service as well." So definitely would need to call and ask for clarification.

A minor tidbit I found: Earliest acceptance date is Oct 1. So for those who are interviewing on the second week of Sep. will have to wait 3 weeks or more to hear back.

Has anyone interview already at this school? or Any recent IIs?

Have not heard anything from this school. Did you guys received secondary received confirmation? I can see portal status 'complete' but no email yet.

Just got placed on hold even though I withdrew my app two weeks ago...oh well haha

Reactions: 1 users
I got placed on hold post-secondary too

"Thank you for your interest in the University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine. This email is to inform you that your application is still being considered. Due to the limited number of space at each interview session we are currently unable to extend an invitation to participate. However, if space permits, an offer may be extended for a future interview date. Interviews are currently held every month and will continue throughout the fall and early spring.

We appreciate your patience and will continue to send updates regarding your application status."

Edit: Submitted 6/27

^Damn, sounds like they're just really slow. I submitted a month after ritts so I guess expect a long wait before that hold for me. My secondary essays for this school were better than others I've written. Hoping for the best though!

Hold post secondary! :/ maybe they're waiting for academic updates? Idk. I've been getting a lot of these haha.

Hold post secondary! :/ maybe they're waiting for academic updates? Idk. I've been getting a lot of these haha.

Seems like many got a hold. If I had to guess, they are going to reassess after this interview. With them being a brand new school and maybe the uncertainties the applicant pool may carry (and how their MMIs will go). But September 9 was the literally the only day available.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Seems like many got a hold. If I had to guess, they are going to reassess after this interview. With them being a brand new school and maybe the uncertainties the applicant pool may carry (and how their MMIs will go). But September 9 was the literally the only day available.

Sept. 10 as well. The 10th just filled quicker.

Oh wow, on Saturday?

Yeah, that wasn't available when I got my invite.

Yea. I think they put it on Saturday because maybe some applicants work during the week and figured a weekend day could work for most people? That's what popped up in my head when I saw it.

No news at all. Complete 7/15 :(

Did anybody receive secondary complete email? I can only see complete on portal but never received any email.

For people with IIs, how are you guys preparing for this interview? Any feedback would be appreciated, especially since this is going to be my first interview for the cycle!

For people with IIs, how are you guys preparing for this interview? Any feedback would be appreciated, especially since this is going to be my first interview for the cycle!
There are a lot of you tube videos that you can watch for MMI. I've also been looking through some sdn threads - to see how other people studied for it. & I'm googling and answering some ethical questions.

Can anyone provided input on the social environment of San Antonio? I am inquiring about the racial tolerance of the location. Sad that I am asking this but I want to be comfortable in a city I might live in for the next 4 years. Thanks guys!