University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am wondering if they are starting to look at the "on hold" applicants more now. I really hope to hear back!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still on hold as well, I wish they could move a little bit faster with this process, but I know they have a lot of applicants.

Were you wait listed? Or was your application placed on hold after you interview? I am on hold and waiting... so i am dying! thanks!

Sorry, I meant I was on hold and got accepted.

Ahh I feel you! I interviewed on October 28th!

I interviewed forever ago too. ughhhhh they are soooo slow. and another day has gone by without hearing anything. lol, sorry for whining... i am just getting so anxious!!

University of Pacific
PROS: old school with established reputation and connections, nice faculty, great student organizations, PharmD in 3 years, PharmD/MBA dual degree in 4 years

CONS: large class size of 200 students

I would consider the larger class size as more of a pro than con. I understand the whole smaller class size means closer student body etc, but think of the larger numbers as more professional resources/connections. Before starting at UOP last year I was also a little overwhelmed with the class size, but I quickly learned that 200+ is actually not that big at all. PM me if you want me to elaborate or if you want to ask anything UOP specific.

I'm from the March 9th interview and I still haven't found out yet............... I don't understand. Like I don't even know if I'm on hold or rejected or accepted

I'm from the March 9th interview and I still haven't found out yet............... I don't understand. Like I don't even know if I'm on hold or rejected or accepted

March 9th interview? ...that was less than 2 weeks ago. I interviewed 5 months ago, haha!! I am so incredibly anxious to hear back!

I interviewed on October 28th and they responded to me by November 7th that I was on hold. Did you hear back yet?.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get our acceptance packets?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, i got a mail from UOP saying that i'm on the middle portion of the wait list. :/

I also received a letter in the mail today offering wait list status. More waiting, but I'll stay optimistic and hope that I will be lucky enough to get a seat that opens up! :xf:

I also received a letter in the mail today offering wait list status. More waiting, but I'll stay optimistic and hope that I will be lucky enough to get a seat that opens up! :xf:

Are u on the top or middle portion?

I also received a letter in the mail today offering wait list status.Does anyone know how many applicants are accepted from each interview session?

Does anyone know anything? When i interviewed in january they said it was down to 300 people for 200 spots

Hi guys I also just got a letter saying that I am on the wait-list. I talked to Veronica and she said that not everyone that was on hold will be placed on the wait-list, the wait-list is approx. 75 applicants, and for the past 2 years they were able to accept about half of their wait-listed applicants.

So hopefully that is good news to some of you.. and most definitely let's stay optimistic!!!

Please if anyone is not planning to attend, notify UOP ASAP so students from the wait-list can be notified early enough to make the appropriate adjustments.

Hi guys I also just got a letter saying that I am on the wait-list. I talked to Veronica and she said that not everyone that was on hold will be placed on the wait-list, the wait-list is approx. 75 applicants, and for the past 2 years they were able to accept about half of their wait-listed applicants.

So hopefully that is good news to some of you.. and most definitely let's stay optimistic!!!

Please if anyone is not planning to attend, notify UOP ASAP so students from the wait-list can be notified early enough to make the appropriate adjustments.

You just gave me a glittering faint of hope. Thanks for the info!!

You just gave me a glittering faint of hope. Thanks for the info!!

most of the applicants on the top usually do get in. sighs i wish i was on the top..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
please be courteous to others and decline your acceptance if you have made your mind on attending another school. Please :)

are you on the top of the list?

I am on the waitlist as well but I declined their offer. Good luck to you all !!!

Hey I also was offered a spot on the wait list (top). Hopefully we all get in! I am sure a handful people will drop their spots at UOP as they hear back from others schools...

that means I have to wait for approx. 40-50 people to drop :(? seems like I have no chance...........

that means I have to wait for approx. 40-50 people to drop :(? seems like I have no chance...........
be thankful you have at least heard something! some of us have been on hold for months with no info

I interviewed on the 24th of February. Just got an email of acceptance yesterday on the 29th of February!

Wow at this whole ordeal. One word of advice for anyone; never procrastinate the applications!!! For every application, I turned them in at the last minute (literary - the UCSF supplemental website was going bananas and I almost did not submit it in time.) and as a result my lifespan has shortened quite a bit. I had four interviews fall on the 25th of Feburary and I only had the luxury of choosing to go to one of them! I was pretty much at the lowest point in my life the past week...because I did not feel well about the interview on the 25th. Now I can just rest and not have to turn in applications tomorrow...and wait to hear from the schools I have already interviewed at.

As for the interview on the 24th, the staff mentioned that they put quite a few people on hold so that they could offer spots for the people that are interviewing at later dates. From my talks with the staff, they are holding a few more interview until the end of March, in which they will start taking people off the hold list depending on how people are responding to UCSF and UCSD releasing their acceptance of students. USC is carefully doing so too, as the admissions director directly mentioned that he did not want a fiasco like he had a few years ago with a larger than normal class size. So do not give up! Many spots will be opening from the end of March all the way to June, and even some right before school starts. (I had a friend picked up at UoP three days before class started a few years ago.) Concentrate on finishing the year strong!

Hey! I was wondering was your friend who got into the school 3 days before in the middle or top portion of the wailist? Or if anyone knows if anyone has gotten in after being from the "middle" portion of the waitlist please chime in :) Thanks!

are you on the top of the list?

Unfortunately I am not on the top but the middle. From what I understood from Veronica is that they don't have actual numbers designated to each applicant but I guess categorized based on: top, middle, bottom. And when then get down to that specific category they would select who is their best candidate then..

So there really isn't a need to ask for a number..

I'm on the low portion of the wait list. do you think I still have a chance?

I'm on the low portion of the wait list. do you think I still have a chance?

i honesly think ur chance is very low. i know some ppl in the midle waitlist didnt even make it. Again, who know what happen in this year. good luck

I've just withdrew my admission spot from UOP so whoever is next on the waitlist, congrats! :thumbup:

Thank you for letting us know. And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance

Does anyone know how many seats are still available at UOP for Fall 2012?How many students are placed on the waiting list?

interviewed: around 300
entering size (prepharmacy advance + transfer) : 200
transfer applicant accepted: 190 (?)

I was placed om the middle portion of the wait list a few days ago, but I have informed the school that I will not be attending so there's one more light of hope for you guys on the lower portion of the list, GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for letting us know. And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance!! :)

how many students received acceptance letter then?

interviewed: 300
accepted: 100
waiting list: 200 (??)

I got my email today!

I got into UOP!

Interview: 2/24
Hold: 3/2
Accepted: 3/28

Thank you for letting us know. And thanks for being considerate and telling UOP earlier than later so the rest of us can have a chance!! :)

how many students received acceptance letter then?

interviewed: 300
accepted: 100
waiting list: 200 (??)

If you read the earlier comment, someone spoke with Veronica and she told them that approximately 75 candidates were given waitlist opportunities.

I got my email today!

I got into UOP!

Interview: 2/24
Hold: 3/2
Accepted: 3/28

CONGRATS! were you placed on the waitlist before you were accepted?? you're going to accept right? sighs, i hope they get to me.. i really want to get in!

CONGRATS! were you placed on the waitlist before you were accepted?? you're going to accept right? sighs, i hope they get to me.. i really want to get in!

Nope, I wasn't placed on a waistlist.

Yes, I am going to accept ... UOP was the only school I applied to.

Good luck!!!

I've just withdrew my admission spot from UOP so whoever is next on the waitlist, congrats! :thumbup:

Same here. Sent a letter yesterday to admissions office declining their offer. Good luck to those on the waiting list! :luck:

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME :luck:!!!

I agree thanx for letting us know.. I am surprised that they are still accepting people who have not been placed on a wait-list, I just assumed that they have placed people on wait-list since they've sent out already all their acceptance letters... does anyone have any idea of what is going on?

I agree with ss801.. whats going on?
still accepting people???
how about waiting list???