University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just received an e-mail of my "checklist review", from uop stating that i meet the pre-reqs. anyone else got this? also if you did, when did you get it? And did you get an interview invite yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I got the email a week ago but no invites

Members don't see this ad :)
just received an e-mail of my "checklist review", from uop stating that i meet the pre-reqs. anyone else got this? also if you did, when did you get it? And did you get an interview invite yet?

I submitted my supplementary app over two weeks ago. I still didn't receive an e-mail. When did you submit your supplementary app?

I submitted my supplementary app over two weeks ago. I still didn't receive an e-mail. When did you submit your supplementary app?

I sent my stuff in like a month ago and haven't received much. :( My checklist is complete and I'm tier 1.

UOP, WHY YOU NO LOVE ME?!:scared:

I sent my stuff in like a month ago and haven't received much. :( My checklist is complete and I'm tier 1.

UOP, WHY YOU NO LOVE ME?!:scared:

Dude you only waited a month!! Mine is almost two and they still haven't receive my LOR....:(:(:(

Apparently I made Tier I too and still haven't heard anything from them since their last email regarding the status checker. But I did attend the Preview Day they held on their campus on September 10. They said that if you are Tier I, you should be getting interview invites/rejections within 2-3 weeks. Well, it certainly has been about 2-3 weeks, and still nothing.

UOP is one of the schools I hope I get accepted to since it is so close to where I live.

Apparently I made Tier I too and still haven't heard anything from them since their last email regarding the status checker. But I did attend the Preview Day they held on their campus on September 10. They said that if you are Tier I, you should be getting interview invites/rejections within 2-3 weeks. Well, it certainly has been about 2-3 weeks, and still nothing.

UOP is one of the schools I hope I get accepted to since it is so close to where I live.

Really?! That soon? Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems like a lot of us on SDN made Tier 1 and there's been very few reports of interview offers and no reports of rejections. Damn...I feel like I worked really hard on their supplemental essay so I would love a chance to interview. :(

One of my friends from last year's cycle didn't get some of her interviews until 2 months after her supplemental submission. I hope we'll get the invite soon! :p

Dude you only waited a month!! Mine is almost two and they still haven't receive my LOR....:(:(:(

Actually, sorry...my silly self couldn't process subtraction for some reason. I submitted late July so it has, indeed, been about two months. How did they not have received your LOR if they received your pharmCAS?

Actually, sorry...my silly self couldn't process subtraction for some reason. I submitted late July so it has, indeed, been about two months. How did they not have received your LOR if they received your pharmCAS?

I have no idea.....I want to call and ask but in the update email, it said "We are not able to manually search and verify receipt of any of your documents"\.:(

I have no idea.....I want to call and ask but in the update email, it said "We are not able to manually search and verify receipt of any of your documents"\.:(

That's odd. Have you tried emailing Veronica? She replies super fast and seems to really care about all the applicants. :p Without your LORs, your application will not go into review.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if it applies to you guys, but if you did use PAPER LOR, chances are the pharmacy school that is taking forever to receive did not receive them at all.

You should call them right away and let them know that PharmCAS send them separately and if they cannot retrieve that, ask them to retrieve the LORs from the online source PharmCAS emailed them.

This is what happened to me and I had to do that for 6 schools...so I am very familiar with the pain...

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about UOP, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

I'm assuming UOP has not evaluated the tier 2 group yet. :(

I e-submitted my completed Pharmcas and Supplements the early in the last week of August. So i am tier 1 as well. Again i only received the checklist email last week. No invites.

I think you mean the last week of July, August 1st was the cut for tier 1

oh goodness, you guys' stats are very very....VERY impressive....

Last edited:
I'm not sure if it applies to you guys, but if you did use PAPER LOR, chances are the pharmacy school that is taking forever to receive did not receive them at all.

You should call them right away and let them know that PharmCAS send them separately and if they cannot retrieve that, ask them to retrieve the LORs from the online source PharmCAS emailed them.

This is what happened to me and I had to do that for 6 schools...so I am very familiar with the pain...

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about UOP, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Mine were papers!!! Who did you call to talk about it?Veronica or the admission?

Mine were papers!!! Who did you call to talk about it?Veronica or the admission?

you should contact Veronica since she is the person that kept in contact with all applicants.

You should call right away because to them, they are simply waiting for the letters but (in my case) the letters will never get there. So ask them to extract any missing documents/information from the online source.

Hope this helps!

really good!!!!!!!!!!!that is why you got interview early!!! i think i should wait for a long time~~hehe:)
Thanks!

cum GPA: 3.82
sci GPA: 3.74
LoRs: 1 pharmacy manager and 1 science professor/major advisor
Experience: 1.5 years as a pharmacy tech, peer advisor for a pre-health advising center, VP for pre-pharmacy club last year and currently a mentor

really good!!!!!!!!!!!that is why you got interview early!!! i think i should wait for a long time~~hehe:)

dont be discouraged, i certainly do not have anywhere near those stats....

via US mail or e-mail?

I received an e-mail first on 9/12...then the paper mail came in recently (9/21..but I live in HI, so took a while?) and it was dated for 9/13. So..expect an interview invite by e-mail first! =)

I received an e-mail first on 9/12...then the paper mail came in recently (9/21..but I live in HI, so took a while?) and it was dated for 9/13. So..expect an interview invite by e-mail first! =)

Did they email you the letter about what to have prepared at the interview? (directions, location, etc.). When I scheduled for my interview, she told me that she'll send me an email regarding interview day. But it has been 3 days since I called and still no email.

So once you get your file complete date then what? Do you just wait for them to email you with interview/reject letter?

So once you get your file complete date then what? Do you just wait for them to email you with interview/reject letter?

Yes, you just wait for them to contact you. You do not get rejected, you simply get put back into the pool as tiers go progress. You will be notify when you are placed into the review for 2nd tier, and so on.

my application items have been updated and received by UOP according to their status checker. Next to "8. file complete date" there's no date, and it's highlighted in pink. Anyone else's like that?
is there other file highlight in pink?i think you miss some ducument. the file is not completed.

hey guys! For the supplemental, under the pre-req checklist, what did you put for the "Total Liberal Arts Units"? Did you just total all of the liberal arts classes together that was listed? And what would I put for the "department name, grade, First Term Completed, Name of school?"

PLease help :(

hey guys! For the supplemental, under the pre-req checklist, what did you put for the "Total Liberal Arts Units"? Did you just total all of the liberal arts classes together that was listed? And what would I put for the "department name, grade, First Term Completed, Name of school?"

Don't you just put in whatever class you took and however many credits they require?

For example, 5 semester units required and I took 2 quarters of Music.
Therefore:
Music 1A, A, Fall 2011, University of California, Irvine
Music 2A, A, Winter 2012, University of California, Irvine

Does this help?

I left the liberal arts section out (not required if you carry or will carry a bachelors degree

I left the liberal arts section out (not required if you carry or will carry a bachelors degree

Oh so, i would just leave the liberal arts section blank? Because I already have a bachelors.

Have any fellow Tier 1 applicants received any interview invites yet?

It's slowly approaching 1 month and I haven't heard squat from them.

I haven't and I'm Tier 1.:(

However, wanttobepharm has and he's also from Tier 1.

I'm not sure how often they send out interviews but I got my interview email yesterday 9-30, Friday. Maybe other people will be specific too so you can see if there is really a pattern. I am also Tier 1. Turned in my app 7/31. Got a pre req checklist email on 9-26 and then email for interview as stated above.

**Just Edited I am Tier 1 not Tier 2

Last edited: