University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think he/she meant that other than Tier 1 people who got interviews, does everyone else just get holds? or do they also send out rejections?

Yes, sorry for the confusion. That's what I meant

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone interviewing at UOP (CA) this Friday (10/21)?? I am, and I am SO NERVOUS!

My application is Tier 1. I got a scary email notice from Veronica this morning:

.'Your application to the Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific is now complete. We are writing to give you a progress report on your status..

.After completing an initial review of your application, we have decided that it is appropriate to defer our decision. Your file has been placed on hold and a final decision will be determined later in the cycle. If you are enrolled in fall term classes, please be sure to update PharmCAS with official transcripts as soon as grades are recorded. We will continue our review of your application in late January. Interview letters are sent through the month of March..

.I thank you for your patience as we continue through the review cycle. I am not able to give you specific reasons for the decision which was made on your file at this time. Any new information will be considered when your application is re-reviewed (fall grades, updated volunteer or work experience, etc). Students who are currently enrolled in the first semester of organic chemistry are typically placed on hold until fall grades are received. Whether or not you are enrolled in organic chemistry in the fall, you should report your summer and fall grades to PharmCAS as soon as they are available.".

.I'm finished with ochem... Has anyone heard of that kind of notice before? ahhhhh =x

I received the same deferred decision e-mail, and I'm very sad. I'm also in Tier 1. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting an interview after receiving this???? Thank you....

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone flying from LAX (or Ontario airport) to Sacramento and then driving to Stockton on Oct 27th? ;_; I really don't want to drive alone. I'm willing to pay for half the car rental costs and all of the gas fees if someone is willing to buddy up. I'm pleasant companyyy. :D

I received the same deferred decision e-mail, and I'm very sad. I'm also in Tier 1. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting an interview after receiving this???? Thank you....
I also Tir I, but i did not get anything from them!!!:confused::confused::confused:

For anyone considering flying into SFO...DONT DO IT lol

Fly into Sacramento (45 mins away) take the shuttle to Stockton and stay on march lane. Take a quick cab to UOP the next morning. Simple, in and out.

I was told to do SFO then drive my butt 1.5 hour to UOP and the plane ticket was more expensive...:mad:

I am flying from John Wayne to SAC then back to SNA if anyone is curious.
I know panda tried booking and tickets are a little bit expensive now since it's getting closer but I strongly suggest don't go the SFO route. If you really want to (cheaper tickets, family, whatever reason), by all means. I was lucky enough to book right when I got invite about a month ahead and secured a $59 deal one way so $118 + tax.

I hope everyone have a safe travel and we all enjoy the interview day!

For anyone considering flying into SFO...DONT DO IT lol

Fly into Sacramento (45 mins away) take the shuttle to Stockton and stay on march lane. Take a quick cab to UOP the next morning. Simple, in and out.

I was told to do SFO then drive my butt 1.5 hour to UOP and the plane ticket was more expensive...:mad:

I am flying from John Wayne to SAC then back to SNA if anyone is curious.
I know panda tried booking and tickets are a little bit expensive now since it's getting closer but I strongly suggest don't go the SFO route. If you really want to (cheaper tickets, family, whatever reason), by all means. I was lucky enough to book right when I got invite about a month ahead and secured a $59 deal one way so $118 + tax.

I hope everyone have a safe travel and we all enjoy the interview day!

So jelly of the deal you received. :( After talking to my parents about it, I'm thinking about busing my butt to Stockton unless...someone wants to be my car buddy!!! I feel like a forever alone in this.

If the only item on the checklist that is highlighted in pink is a transcript for the summer session, would the application still be considered incomplete? Would I be able to just wait until the academic update to send in that transcript?

If the only item on the checklist that is highlighted in pink is a transcript for the summer session, would the application still be considered incomplete? Would I be able to just wait until the academic update to send in that transcript?

Do you have a completed checklist date or whatever? If so, it's complete.

Do you have a completed checklist date or whatever? If so, it's complete.

No I havent finished the supplemental yet, but I don't want to finish everything and have that be the only thing that is incomplete since the deadline is next week.

No I havent finished the supplemental yet, but I don't want to finish everything and have that be the only thing that is incomplete since the deadline is next week.

When I submitted my applications, my community college transcript wasn't sent in because I haven't taken the class yet. After I submitted the supplemental application, my checklist was complete although the CC transcript portion still showed pink. Since you took those summer classes already, why don't you just send the transcript in? I think you can submit via pharmCAS and then pharmCAS will direct it to UOP. I think as long as the postmark date is before the deadline, they'll accept it. If you're concerned, I would email Veronica Semler <[email protected]> for clarification. She's really nice and extremely fast at replying to emails.

Better yet, since the due date is coming up just around the corner, I suggest you call.

When I submitted my applications, my community college transcript wasn't sent in because I haven't taken the class yet. After I submitted the supplemental application, my checklist was complete although the CC transcript portion still showed pink. Since you took those summer classes already, why don't you just send the transcript in? I think you can submit via pharmCAS and then pharmCAS will direct it to UOP. I think as long as the postmark date is before the deadline, they'll accept it. If you're concerned, I would email Veronica Semler <[email protected]> for clarification. She's really nice and extremely fast at replying to emails.

Better yet, since the due date is coming up just around the corner, I suggest you call.

I emailed Veronica already. The whole transcript process takes a couple of weeks. Just in case there's a problem on the CC end and Pharmcas does not receive it by the due date, I don't want that to affect my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with interviews this Friday. I'll be on campus so some of you might be able to point me out. Don't hesitate to introduce yourselves.

Hope to meet you this Friday Delano2000. My name is Cameron. :) excitedddd!!!!

I emailed Veronica already. The whole transcript process takes a couple of weeks. Just in case there's a problem on the CC end and Pharmcas does not receive it by the due date, I don't want that to affect my application.

In that case, it really depends on your stats. If you have strong stats, might as well give it a shot since you already paid for the pharmCAS application.

Hope to meet you this Friday Delano2000. My name is Cameron. :) excitedddd!!!!

I'll be there tomorrow too! I am really excited :)

Hope I'll meet y'all tomorrow as well. I will be the only black guy at school that will be wearing shorts with socks and flip flops (I'm known to do that). Plus, I found out today that they uploaded my pic on the pharmacy school website from the white coat ceremony we had last month (that way you can know what I look like as well).

congrats to everyone who interviewed today! i said hi to a few of you and everyone was looking sharp. if anyone has questions or worries, feel free to send me a message. good luck with acceptances!!

Congrats guys, I'm Delano's roommate and he does indeed wear socks with his sandals. Anyways I met a few of you guys friday as well. Good luck... I didn't get a chance to really talk to a whole lot of you individually, but be yourselves, be sociable with your peers/competition because people will notice it. Introverts will not get far. Pacific really likes to see strong outgoing personalities. Good luck, and stand out!

Soo...how did everyone's interviews go? Also, which hotels did you guys stay at? :) I haven't booked one yet and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Soo...how did everyone's interviews go? Also, which hotels did you guys stay at? :) I haven't booked one yet and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

the interview was great!!! it was actually really cool and the people there were really really friendly. i can definitely see myself going here. i loved it. and from the looks of it that day, other interviewees seemed to have a good time too. i stayed at a friends in sacramento and drove to uop that morning of.

Congrats guys, I'm Delano's roommate and he does indeed wear socks with his sandals. Anyways I met a few of you guys friday as well. Good luck... I didn't get a chance to really talk to a whole lot of you individually, but be yourselves, be sociable with your peers/competition because people will notice it. Introverts will not get far. Pacific really likes to see strong outgoing personalities. Good luck, and stand out!

:laugh:

the interview was great!!! it was actually really cool and the people there were really really friendly. i can definitely see myself going here. i loved it. and from the looks of it that day, other interviewees seemed to have a good time too. i stayed at a friends in sacramento and drove to uop that morning of.

Good for you! Good luck and hope you get in.

The interview went really well. I had a lot of fun! Everyone really was extremely nice. I have a good feeling but it's still too soon to speak lol. I hope I get in! I am local so I drove from home the morning of!

The interview went really well. I had a lot of fun! Everyone really was extremely nice. I have a good feeling but it's still too soon to speak lol. I hope I get in! I am local so I drove from home the morning of!

Glad to hear it! :) I hope you get in and thanks for the response.

For those interviewing this Friday: is anyone staying at Quality Inn? :D

I just got an interview! Did any other Tier 2's get interviews today?

When is your interview?

Not sure yet. I received my interview invite in the afternoon when their offices were closed so I'll call them in the morning to schedule it.

UOP just changed its pharmcas deadline to dec 1 instead of nov 1. Anybody know how this changes the tier system?

UOP just changed its pharmcas deadline to dec 1 instead of nov 1. Anybody know how this changes the tier system?

I'm pretty sure that the tiers will remain the same. Anyways, good luck to those interviewing this Friday. I'll stop by to introduce myself before you interview to give you some tips.

Does anyone who is invited for an interview mind sharing their stats? Please

Thanks

Nothing really impressive. Im actually really surprised I got an interview this early. cGPA:3.24, PCAT 79, Great LOR's, involved in some organization and had some leadership positions, research and pharm experience.

I scheduled my interview for 11/18, so if anyone is interviewing that day let me know! Most likely I'll driving up their and getting a room to stay in the night before.

Just to let you guys know, UoP tends to focus more on a well-rounded applicant than anything else. If you have really good LORs, work experiences, volunteer experiences and leadership experiences then you are almost a shoe-in for acceptance. Also, if you interview well and are personable, then that does a lot of good for you too. Definitely keep up the grades though.

Just to let you guys know, UoP tends to focus more on a well-rounded applicant than anything else. If you have really good LORs, work experiences, volunteer experiences and leadership experiences then you are almost a shoe-in for acceptance. Also, if you interview well and are personable, then that does a lot of good for you too. Definitely keep up the grades though.

Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully it all works out.

I have a interview this Friday? anyone have any tips??

Also does anyone know in how long after the interview they tell you if you are in or not??

Also does anyone know in how long after the interview they tell you if you are in or not??

On their website, it says the strongest candidates will receive a acceptance pretty quickly but most will receive it in Spring (either March or April, I don't remember which exactly.) Are you staying at a hotel? :D If we're at the same hotel or near the same hotel, we can take the shuttle/cab together.

My stats aren't too hot either. :( I did poorly my freshman and sophomore year.

GPA: 3.3
PCAT composite: 93%
3 LORs from history professor, science professor, and pharmacist. They should be really strong but I'm not 100% sure.
B.S. in biochemistry
I have a lot of volunteer hours, a pharm tech license, and leadership positions

In the midst of interview anxiety, just a few things to keep in mind..

1. Smile!! I can't emphasize this enough
  2. Be enthusiastic. It helps show your interest in the school
  3. Firm handshake. Nobody likes shaking a dead fish
  4. Be confident. If you got an interview, you already look good on paper. So go out there and show them how you look even better in real life

And some other things to note, but aren't as important..

1. Eat a real breakfast. You can really tell who's getting hypoglycemic towards the end of the day.
  2. Check your teeth after you eat. Colors really stand out against white. This is from experience.
  3. Check your breath before your interview. Chew gum if needed.
  4. Spit out the gum if you chewed some.
  5. SMILE.

GOOD LUCK!! AND SMILE!! I'll be cheering for you all :)

YAY! Finally back home. :) The interview went smoothly and everyone was really friendly. I really wish UOP could've fed us more than just...cookies. :( My stomach was grumbling the whole time. Also, for future interviewees, don't stay at Quality Inn. Stay at La Quinta Inn! Quality Inn had pretty bad service and the room smelled horribly! La Quinta Inn is only a few dollars more but from what I heard from other interviewees, it's infinitely better.

Last edited:
Do you guys know when the Tier3's get their interview letters?

Do you guys know when the Tier3's get their interview letters?

If you want a good estimate, you should email Veronica or call UOP. I'm pretty sure Tier 3 won't hear anything until they're done with Tier 2. From what I can see on SDN, it looks like they just started going through the Tier 2 applicants. Therefore, I'm assuming Tier 3 won't get anything for another month or so. Personally, it took over 2 months for me to hear back from UOP. The wait was miserable haha.

Hi everyone!

I just got invited to interview with UOP. Do anyone have any recommendations or simply what to look out for? For people who just interviewed with them, what were some of the questions they asked for, especially the essay prompt?

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I just got invited to interview with UOP. Do anyone have any recommendations or simply what to look out for? For people who just interviewed with them, what were some of the questions they asked for, especially the essay prompt?

Thanks

They change the essay prompt from week to week so telling you my essay prompt wouldn't help much. My advice? Be genuine. They know when you're lying! :) Also, make sure you eat before hand because they will only feed you cookies. ;___; You really don't want your stomach grumbling in the middle of a interview.

They change the essay prompt from week to week so telling you my essay prompt wouldn't help much. My advice? Be genuine. They know when you're lying! :) Also, make sure you eat before hand because they will only feed you cookies. ;___; You really don't want your stomach grumbling in the middle of a interview.

If you actually attend UOP next year, they will feed you with so much food for the first month or so. My first month we really didn't need to cook because they always had some kind of event with food included.:)