University of the Pacific - 2012 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an interview invitation via email, will repost Monday when I select dates...

Members don't see this ad.

after the interview, did anyone send thank you letter to the interviewer?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my acceptance email today! =]
Guess you guys will hear back from them very soon even after they said 2/3 weeks. Good luck, everyone!

Guess you guys will hear back from them very soon even after they said 2/3 weeks. Good luck, everyone!

When did you interview? I was placed on hold and waiting around to hear back is torture!

When did you interview? I was placed on hold and waiting around to hear back is torture!
My interview was 1/13. You should be able to make it in though! A lot of my friends who got accepted to UoP are planning to drop their seat. Good luck. :)

Wow congrats !!!!
was that through email? I though they said it would be via snail mail.

Wow, congrats!!!! was it through email? I thought they said it would be via snail mail.

i got an email saying that my app was put on hold as well

Just a heads up to those interviewing tomorrow, it is currently raining and rain is expected for the next four days. Dress/plan accordingly and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a heads up to those interviewing tomorrow, it is currently raining and rain is expected for the next four days. Dress/plan accordingly and good luck!

Oh wow thanks for that heads up, it's really appreciated. Is it raining cats and dogs or sprinkling?

Also, does anyone know where I can find more info regarding the interview on their website? I know I'm supposed to bring an ID and a copy of my ID and my letter has the address of the school but are there any more specific instructions like how to find the building and stuff? Thanks

Oh wow thanks for that heads up, it's really appreciated. Is it raining cats and dogs or sprinkling?

Also, does anyone know where I can find more info regarding the interview on their website? I know I'm supposed to bring an ID and a copy of my ID and my letter has the address of the school but are there any more specific instructions like how to find the building and stuff? Thanks

It is pretty much a light to moderate rainfall.

Bring your ID just in case. The Health Sciences campus is located on the other side of the Main campus right there on Pacific Ave. There will be a bridge that separates the 2 campuses. You should be able to spot the Rotunda driving on Pacific Ave. It is a circular-shaped brick building with a dome-shaped roof. You'll have to turn on Brookside to get onto the campus though. There will be a church on the opposite side of the campus where you guys can park. I would suggest that you guys get there at least 20-30 mins early in case you have probs finding it.

Just an FYI, I'm the newly elected ASP-President for 2012-2013 so those of you that will be attending will be seeing me a lot in the fall semester. Feel free to msg me anytime. You guys can add me on Facebook as well.

Wow congrats !!!!
was that through email? I though they said it would be via snail mail.
Ya, it was through email, but they are sending me an admission packet, too.
Good luck!

Got acceptance e-mail today as well! Interviewed on 1/13.

Last edited:

Save yourself $10 by bringing your own wallet-sized or passport-sized photo of yourself. It gets attached to your writing sample. As mentioned by others here, eat a good-sized lunch before your interview. Cookies and refreshments will be offered during their powerpoint presentation. On my interview day, we had 3 interview groups that rotated between Interviews, Writing Sample, and Tour & Break. 20 minute interviews with a faculty member and pharmacy student with a 10 minute break in between. No financial aid discussion. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I'm finally back home after an 11-hour round-trip from LA. But I really liked the interview stage today and the people I met :)

how do you guys like Pacific and the professors?

The fact that you are publicly venting your frustration about being "snubbed" and questioning the school's interview question says a lot about you unfortunately. Maybe that particular attitude put you on hold vs an admitted student with a 3.4 and less experience.

I agree. He/she is acting like he/she deserves it.

If any current Pacific student or a pre-pharmer like me would like to discuss Western vs Pacific please PM me because I'm trying to weigh pros and cons :D

hey there! i'll also be attending pacific in the fall. if anyone has created a facebook group, do you mind posting the link on here? :)

To all those who have interviewed already,

I have a question about the "copy of government-issued photo ID" that we need to bring with us. From my understanding, we can just make a copy of our driver's license?

But I've read from previous posts to bring a photo, as in a wallet-sized or passport-sized photo (just the photo, without the ID).

Which is correct?
I was just going to make a photocopy of my license. Do I need to go get a picture taken?

Thanks in advance!

I have a question about the "copy of government-issued photo ID" that we need to bring with us. From my understanding, we can just make a copy of our driver's license?

But I've read from previous posts to bring a photo, as in a wallet-sized or passport-sized photo (just the photo, without the ID).

Which is correct?
I was just going to make a photocopy of my license. Do I need to go get a picture taken?

Thanks in advance!

Bring a photocopy of your driver's license. They take the photocopy and staple it to your essay when you hand it in. That's all you will need - they don't even look at your real license. GOOD LUCK! I hope the weather is better when you interview :)

Which is correct?

Thanks in advance!
As for the photo, you will need to attach it to your essay and hand it in to the student proctor on the interview day.
Just to be safe I decided to get a new picture taken, but I saw one of the interviewees attaching a photocopy of her license to the essay as well so I guess a copy of your license should be fine?
And if I remember correctly, they never checked our IDs but it never hurts to play safe so I would recommend bringing your driver's license :)

out of curiosity...how well ranked is the uop pharmacy program? is it one of the top in the country? seems kind of pricy to me

question: I turned in the pharmcas and supplement application (I think on the last possible day) and still have yet to hear from them.. they sent me an email on Jan. 11 saying my application was currently under ."preliminary review".. just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and if they will still be doing interviews in February?.. really hoping to get an interview :hungover:

I got my acceptance email today! Wow they're really fast my interview was just last Friday.deposit is 750 though?? I thought it was 500?

I got interview invitation today going to call to schedule for my interview tomorrow :D

I got my acceptance email today! Wow they're really fast my interview was just last Friday.deposit is 750 though?? I thought it was 500?

yea me too :(

Not sure where you guys got the $500 figure from for the deposit. To my knowledge it has always been $750. $650 of that amount goes towards your tuition and the $100 goes towards the 2 days of orientation in August.

congrats to whoever got accepted
For those of us who are put on hold, does this mean they will tell us at the end of March if we are either rejected, waiting list, or admission ? Or on hold simply mean waiting list ?

congrats to whoever got accepted
For those of us who are put on hold, does this mean they will tell us at the end of March if we are either rejected, waiting list, or admission ? Or on hold simply mean waiting list ?

I think it means waiting list but not sure. Well it seems like it literally means "on hold" - like I'm holding your application for a sec while I look at other things and I'll come back to it, lol. I was put "on hold" first week of January and I got sad, then randomly on hold changed to interview a few days later, I interviewed and got accepted in a couple of days.

for those of you put on hold back in october: our applications are supposedly going to be re-reviewed by the end of this month! right?!

tbh, the only appealing aspect of uop is the fact that its program is three years. ._>

for those of you put on hold back in october: our applications are supposedly going to be re-reviewed by the end of this month! right?!

tbh, the only appealing aspect of uop is the fact that its program is three years. ._>

i thought they re-review at the end of march....

question: I turned in the pharmcas and supplement application (I think on the last possible day) and still have yet to hear from them.. they sent me an email on Jan. 11 saying my application was currently under ."preliminary review".. just wondering if anyone else was in the same boat and if they will still be doing interviews in February?.. really hoping to get an interview :hungover:
I am in the same boat, but I'm not [completely] freaking out yet because I think interviews last until March? Hang in there! :)

Maybe it's just me, but California schools seem really slow with processing applications. I've heard back from most of my out-of-state schools already, even though I submitted my application later for them than for the ones in California...

Last edited:
i thought they re-review at the end of march....

they said they would review applications beginning in late january for those that were put on hold.

Last edited:
they said they would review applications beginning in january for those that were put on hold.

Are you referring to the people who have been interviewed already or those that haven't who got deferred?

I was placed on hold after my interview in october... and I remember reading the emailing stating that it would be re-reviewed in March... did someone hear differently??

people whose applications were placed on hold in october will be reconsidered again beginning, supposedly, at the end of this month.

Are you referring to the people who have been interviewed already or those that haven't who got deferred?

I am in the same boat, but I'm not [completely] freaking out yet because I think interviews last until March? Hang in there! :)

Maybe it's just me, but California schools seem really slow with processing applications. I've heard back from most of my out-of-state schools already, even though I submitted my application later for them than for the ones in California...

I've submitted my supplemental around November 2nd and received an email on Nov 14th stating my application is ready for preliminary review and verification of prereqs. Have not heard anything ever since. I'm so anxious!! :scared: