University of the Pacific - 2013 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone hear back from the February 1st interview yet?!

I got my acceptance letter from them this past Wednesday actually. You should be getting your letter soon too :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got my acceptance letter from them this past Wednesday actually. You should be getting your letter soon too :)

Congrats! :D Is it your first choice? And I hope so! But since I haven't heard anything back yet it seems like I've been put on hold. :(

Not true you have 2-3weeks :) stay positive!! I know it's hard!!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's my first choice for now :) (Depends on whether or not USC decides to evaluate my application) Hope to see you there this coming school year though! Don't give up yet :)

I wonder what percentage of people put on hold get in :\
Last year, my friend did her interview in October and was waitlisted until May when they finally accepted her. She was already making plans to go to USC, but UOP was her #1 choice. So there is hope, as more people get accepted to other places, they withdraw their applications from other schools and more space opens up.

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2016 yet??!? :D

Hi 21roses! Was it an email acceptance letter ot letter in the mail?

Last year, my friend did her interview in October and was waitlisted until May when they finally accepted her. She was already making plans to go to USC, but UOP was her #1 choice. So there is hope, as more people get accepted to other places, they withdraw their applications from other schools and more space opens up.

holy smokes thats a lot of interviews! which one did you decide on??

holy smokes thats a lot of interviews! which one did you decide on??
Haha yeah it's getting a little boring now! I haven't decided yet; I have to wait to see where my husband gets into grad school, and we will make our decisions after he hears back from all his schools.

So I have been accepted into UOP... but sooo nervous for the amount of loans i'd be needing to take out. Anyone feel the same about this? and if so, are you still choosing UOP???

Members don't see this ad :)
So I have been accepted into UOP... but sooo nervous for the amount of loans i'd be needing to take out. Anyone feel the same about this? and if so, are you still choosing UOP???

I've worked and decided to go back to pharmacy school, and to me, it's still worth investing the money to get the degree. I got accepted to other programs and when you calculate it four years plus living expenses and miscellaneous expenses, the difference to me is about the same. What's most important is you have to ask yourself if there are more pros going to uop than versus going to another school.

Goodluck, and congrats on getting in. :)

I had interview on Feb 8, and today Feb 13 they sent me an email saying they put me on hold!!!! I felt really really good about my interview but feeling doesn't matter here :((( just wonder why it takes them so fast to rejected me, am I that bad??

I got an interview!!! I am so excited! I figured I was a long shot, because I don't have a Bachelor's degree, but I guess my extracurricular activities made up for it. I have to call them on Tuesday. I am so excited. Any tips on how to practice for the interview? Did you guys practice in the mirror, with a friend, read books, etc.? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I got an interview!!! I am so excited! I figured I was a long shot, because I don't have a Bachelor's degree, but I guess my extracurricular activities made up for it. I have to call them on Tuesday. I am so excited. Any tips on how to practice for the interview? Did you guys practice in the mirror, with a friend, read books, etc.? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think just being natural is the key. All the interviewers are really friendly, and the best advice I can give is to just know yourself well. There are no trick questions. They just want to get to know you.

Finally put in my deposit for UOP c/o 2016!!! Does anyone know if there is a facebook page for the upcoming class?

I'm gonna where a gray suit, with a light purple tie. Its a very nice slim fit, and I feel great in it. Think that's too much of a progressive look or a good way to standout against all the black suits?

I'm gonna where a gray suit, with a light purple tie. Its a very nice slim fit, and I feel great in it. Think that's too much of a progressive look or a good way to standout against all the black suits?

I actually think that would be a pretty good and unique look. It's always nice to have a little extra something for the interviewers to remember you by. :)

As long as slim fit doesn't mean 'skinny jean' style pants...I saw a very thin guy wearing these at one of the interviews I went to and it stood out in a negative way..like he thought he was at a boy-band audition and/or was 16 years old, lol. So assuming your suit has traditional suit pants then I think you're good to go with the color combo. :)

As long as slim fit doesn't mean 'skinny jean' style pants...I saw a very thin guy wearing these at one of the interviews I went to and it stood out in a negative way..like he thought he was at a boy-band audition and/or was 16 years old, lol. So assuming your suit has traditional suit pants then I think you're good to go with the color combo. :)

Haha no, no skinny jeans, the pants were unaltered. It is a still a business design, just more recently fashionable.

Thanks for the input everyone.

I was planning to wear that in one of the interviews in the future. I wanted to look more GQ haha. I guess not this one.

Does anyone know if they have anymore interview dates?

So... c/o 2016... Should I make the Facebook Page? Anyone wanna Admin with me?

I got an e-mail this morning and I was put on hold. I was on the 02/15 interview

I interviewed 2/15, and just got notified I'll be put on hold till the end of march :/

I got accepted!

Interviewed on 2/8, put on hold on 2/13, and accepted on 2/21!

… so have hope all you fellow candidates who were put on hold!

So excited since this is my first acceptance. Thanks to all of you on this forum who provided valuable information for me and others!

---

I just checked the time the email was sent and it was 6 in the morning… hmm.

I got accepted!

So excited since this is my first acceptance. Thanks to all of you on this forum who provided valuable information for me and others!

---

Congratulations!!!

I got accepted!

---

Congratulations!

I got accepted!

---

congrats jluna!!! :):):)

I got accepted!

---

Congratulations!! Did your original hold email say that your application would be on hold until late March? That's what my email says, but I'm hoping to get accepted before then. :xf::xf::xf:

I interviewed on 02/15, and just received my acceptance email this afternoon! So excited!!!

Congratulations!! Did your original hold email say that your application would be on hold until late March? That's what my email says, but I'm hoping to get accepted before then. :xf::xf::xf:

Yup but I think we should all lay off checking our emails every hour which I was totally guilty of last week. Your time before school is limited and precious so why waste it in unnecessary disappointment especially if you do end up getting in? It was a total surprise for me because I decided I would stop checking so frequently and let things happen.

Best of luck to all!

Congrats to everyone that got an interview and to those that got in!!!

I applied to UOP but haven't even heard back yet except for the Checklist Evaluation in mid-December. I submitted October 15th for both my PharmCAS and supplemental, haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else submit around this time or later and hear anything more? Thanks so much to anyone that responds.

I applied to UOP but haven't even heard back yet except for the Checklist Evaluation in mid-December. I submitted October 15th for both my PharmCAS and supplemental, haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else submit around this time or later and hear anything more? Thanks so much to anyone that responds.

I submitted around that time as well, and have already been interviewed and accepted. Maybe you should send Veronica an e-mail to ask about your application?

I submitted around that time as well, and have already been interviewed and accepted. Maybe you should send Veronica an e-mail to ask about your application?

Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely do that, thanks for your advice and congrats on getting in!

I emailed Veronica a couple of days ago and she said "We are currently in the last stage of the review cycle and are still making interview offers. We will have all decisions made by the end of March."

I submitted mine on the 15th of November and just got the interview invite today at 5 pm. So hopefully you get your pretty soon! :)

Just got my interview date of March 8th. Anyone else? I hope there is still slots left by the time I go in.

Hey,

I have mine on the 8th too. I'm so nervous. Any tips? interview questions? Any help would be awesome. I read though the whole thread and all these people talking about being on hold is making me more and more nervous. Wish me luck.

Hey,

I have mine on the 8th too. I'm so nervous. Any tips? interview questions? Any help would be awesome. I read though the whole thread and all these people talking about being on hold is making me more and more nervous. Wish me luck.

Hey, congrats on your interview invite!! In terms of prepping for it, all I have to say is, just try to stay as relaxed as you can, and dress nicely. They didn't have really any set interview questions. They mostly made up personalized questions as they got to know you better. I'm sure you'll do great! Good luck!

Hey,

Congrats! It really wasn't a structured interview; it was incredibly fluid and conversational. Just be your honest self! The student interview was a lot more Q and A based, I thought. But the faculty interview was more of a "chit-chat", I felt like I was in a Starbucks getting to know a stranger. Only thing missing was the coffee! (And the background jazz music, haha)

In short, my advice is: don't be rigid and don't try to focus on a set of questions. Smile a lot, be personable, and have fun! Good luck!!

I applied October 28th and have been accepted already as well.

Last year I applied July 28th (tier 1) and didn't hear back from them till March with a rejection letter.

I emailed Veronica a couple of days ago and she said "We are currently in the last stage of the review cycle and are still making interview offers. We will have all decisions made by the end of March."

I submitted mine on the 15th of November and just got the interview invite today at 5 pm. So hopefully you get your pretty soon! :)

I'm still waiting for interview invitation, did they give you a set date or you can schedule it? When is your interview? Thanks :)

I'm still waiting for interview invitation, did they give you a set date or you can schedule it? When is your interview? Thanks :)

I received the email saying I had to call Lupe to schedule the interview. She gave a date (March 8) and asked if that was okay or not. I live near Stockton so the date wasn't really a problem for me.