University of the Pacific - 2014 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to the first round of interviewees tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received an interview (I know, bad sign), but they keep sending my e-mails about them reviewing my application. Today I received one about all my prerequisites being complete and to turn in a form of any classes I'm currently taking. Would they be jerking me around like this, all the e-mails and such, to flat out reject me?

Best of luck to those being interviewed. I wish you all the best!

I haven't received an interview (I know, bad sign), but they keep sending my e-mails about them reviewing my application. Today I received one about all my prerequisites being complete and to turn in a form of any classes I'm currently taking. Would they be jerking me around like this, all the e-mails and such, to flat out reject me?

Best of luck to those being interviewed. I wish you all the best!

When did you submit your supplemental? Don't worry, it took them quite awhile to go through all my required material as well since I turned mine in. I'm sure you'll get your invite soon :), have hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how many spots there were for Oct 25th. I had the option but when I checked later in the day it disappeared from the event page and only Jan 10th date was left. Hope that doesn't ruin my chances of getting in. +pity+
Was it on monday that Oct 25th disappeared from the event page? or earlier than that?

Anyone named John here and who happened to have an interview today, October 18th?

I sent it in my supplemental early October and PharmCAS September. Thanks for the vote of confidence, I was just wondering why they kept e-mailing me about reviewing my application, etc.

Thanks for the response :)

It's a great interview process, you are really going to enjoy it. Not stressful, they just really want to meet you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they send acceptance after each interview cycle? Is Oct 25th still considered tier 1?

Does anyone know if they send acceptance after each interview cycle? Is Oct 25th still considered tier 1?

Maybe a few Tier 1 people will attend the 25th b/c they sign up late for the event. But in general I believe the 25th will mostly be Tier 2. Tier 3 isn't until January :(
And they said they'll let you know 2-3 weeks after the interview. So I'm guessing Tier 1 and 2 will know their decisions very close to each other.

Maybe a few Tier 1 people will attend the 25th b/c they sign up late for the event. But in general I believe the 25th will mostly be Tier 2. Tier 3 isn't until January :(
And they said they'll let you know 2-3 weeks after the interview. So I'm guessing Tier 1 and 2 will know their decisions very close to each other.
I'm in Tier 2 and my interview is on Nov 15 ...

Did both the faculty and student interviewer interviewed you together?

Two separate interviews... 20 minutes each. One with faculty and one with student. 1 on 1. Just be yourself and know your answers to the generic interview questions.

Writing portion. Take 15 minutes to organize your thoughts before you start writing. It will be monumental in helping you organize a clean, clear, concise argument for whatever prompt they give you.

The overall theme of this interview process was that they want YOU to choose THEM and it is not so much them choosing you, if you have an interview then there is a good chance you are already chosen....

thanks for your input!! so were they both closed interviews? they didn't ask anything about your activities or resume?

Did you guys mail in the supplemental? Or attach it in an email? I''m so confused.

I have been filling out the application and my computer battery died and now it doesn't give me the option to fill it out electronically. There are a ton of just general info pages on there should i just print those out and mail it in with essays and resume?

Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks guys!

Did you guys mail in the supplemental? Or attach it in an email? I''m so confused.

I have been filling out the application and my computer battery died and now it doesn't give me the option to fill it out electronically. There are a ton of just general info pages on there should i just print those out and mail it in with essays and resume?

Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks guys!
Everything is done online through there website

thanks for your input!! so were they both closed interviews? they didn't ask anything about your activities or resume?

They did ask those questions...

Tell me about yourself.
Tell me about leadership positions you have been in.
What do people not know about you.
What is your greatest achievement.
Tell me about a conflict.
What do you do for fun.
etc... you know..... the list goes on and on and you can find those questions everywhere.

I did my supplemental application online. I still haven't received an invite nor rejection. They keep sending me e-mail about them reviewing my application. Just a few days ago they sent me a re-affirmation e-mail asking me to state any classes I'm taking this semester and confirmed with me that all my pre-reqs are complete.

Just a few minutes ago they said all my information is in order. It's still pretty up in the air.

I did my supplemental application online. I still haven't received an invite nor rejection. They keep sending me e-mail about them reviewing my application. Just a few days ago they sent me a re-affirmation e-mail asking me to state any classes I'm taking this semester and confirmed with me that all my pre-reqs are complete.

Just a few minutes ago they said all my information is in order. It's still pretty up in the air.

It should come soon they still on tier 1. Best of luck to you all.

I was Tier 2 I believe, and I had my interview last week on the 18th.

Thank you for the vote of confidence :) it's very kind of you. I wish everyone the best of luck on their interviews.

Yeah I signed up on event brite and nov 15 was my only option. Is anyone else interviewing that day? That makes me nervous haha they emailed me an invitation on oct 1.

Last edited:
A friend of mine who interviewed for tier 1 just got an acceptance. Just saying.

I know this is super late reply , but is the interview at 12:30pm tomorrow, I never saw the time posted anywhere.thanks!

Did you receive any confirmation letters?! I never received any I am starting to worry if something went wrong when I registered for the interview..

Got my acceptance email!

Last edited:
Man this wait is killing me. :scared: I wanna join Charles n bubbles

I haven't received any e-mail either for the 10/18 interview. I'm starting to get nervous now...

don't worry, they said two weeks during our interview (10/25)

Well, I got put on hold/rejected. Not gonna lie I'm pretty sad right now. Congrats to those of you who got in, your gonna have a great experience and love UOP and all it's awesomeness. Go tigers :(.

Well, I got put on hold/rejected. Not gonna lie I'm pretty sad right now. Congrats to those of you who got in, your gonna have a great experience and love UOP and all it's awesomeness. Go tigers :(.

From previous posts and assuming this is John, I am sorry to hear that buddy. I hope you hear positive news from Northstate or Touro here soon. Stay optimistic alright!? If pharmacy is where you truly want to be, there is no doubt in my mind you will make it.

From previous posts and assuming this is John, I am sorry to hear that buddy. I hope you hear positive news from Northstate or Touro here soon. Stay optimistic alright!? If pharmacy is where you truly want to be, there is no doubt in my mind you will make it.

Ha just venting sorry, I appreciate the support, just more adversity I'll get through this like the rest. On to western I go.

I got waitlisted and never picked up last year at UoP, and it was the only school I applied to. Don't let it get you down, you have a lot of other opportunities still available. Besides, you just saved yourself $160k worth of debt, lol.

Has anyone who submitted in Tier 3 received an interview invite yet?

Can someone help me???? I'm going to submit my application tonight and I'm a bit confused....where can I find the "educational background" or enter my "prerequisites"...am I supposed to physically send them these forms? Or will it appear after I input my essays?

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...

@farmacyfan They don't look at tier 3 application until after the deadline so I doubt that anyone from tier 3 got an invite.

@arri The educational background and prerequisites are on the supplemental application. If I remember correctly, it is after the essay. You can always check since you have to e-sign the application before it is completed.

EDIT: just check my app; prereq and background are after the essay

@farmacyfan They don't look at tier 3 application until after the deadline so I doubt that anyone from tier 3 got an invite.

@arri The educational background and prerequisites are on the supplemental application. If I remember correctly, it is after the essay. You can always check since you have to e-sign the application before it is completed.

EDIT: just check my app; prereq and background are after the essay

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! So just to double check, you didn't have to physically send them anything?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! So just to double check, you didn't have to physically send them anything?
No unless you need to send in Ap scores or a pharm tech license. If you do need to send these in, they do not affect the date you finished the application i.e. you are still in the tier where they got your pharmcas app or supplemental (whichever is later).