University of the Pacific Entering 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
finally UOP interview :claps:!
did you guys use Eventbrite to schedule an interview?

Anyways I am going on 10/24 anyone else going on that date?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Congrats! I checked my app status and the "file complete date" is still highlighted in pink but everything else is dated 09/01. Did you have anything highlighted when they sent you the interview invite? Or was the "file complete date" dated?

Congrats! I checked my app status and the "file complete date" is still highlighted in pink but everything else is dated 09/01. Did you have anything highlighted when they sent you the interview invite? Or was the "file complete date" dated?

are you talking about app status on the status checker?

Mine is dated as 9/1 but nothing is highlighted

Members don't see this ad :)

How were you guys notified for interview invite? Email or online status check?

How were you guys notified for interview invite? Email or online status check?

email. i think status check is useless if u submitted everything. it only tells u what u r missing

Interviewees, what are your travel plans and where do you plan on staying? Anyone have any good ideas for cheap hotels within driving distance?

Last edited:
finallyyyy got an email yesterday for an interview. i was able to sign up for the 17th! its coming up quick!

blueberry100: i live about 1.5 hrs away, so i'll be driving :thumbup: might be better to stay in one of the nice hotels they sent in the email rather than a cheap motel near campus...cuz its stockton lol

Last edited:
finallyyyy got an email yesterday for an interview. i was able to sign up for the 19th! its coming up quick!

blueberry100: i live about 1.5 hrs away, so i'll be driving :thumbup: might be better to stay in one of the nice hotels they sent in the email rather than a cheap motel near campus...cuz its stockton lol
Were you tier 1 or 2?

Just received my email this morning! Interview next Friday :soexcited: (Although I wish I had more time for travel arrangements.)

Just received my email this morning! Interview next Friday :soexcited: (Although I wish I had more time for travel arrangements.)
Were you tier 1 or 2?

Were you tier 1 or 2?

My application was submitted 09/01 but when I check the application status checker it says that my last piece of documentation was received on 10/01 which would make it tier 2...

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you tier 1 or 2?
I am Tier 1, applied in July. I messaged Veronica a few days ago and she said they were still reviewing Tier 1 apps. They will finish those before moving onto Tier 2

Congrats!! Where are you traveling from?

got an interview invite today for 11/7!! anyone else attending on that day?! im so excited!!

I believe I'm tier 2. Pharmcas sent 9/11, uop supplement completed 9/26 and GPA verified on 9/30.

Congrats on your interview! My GPA was verified two days after you so you give me hope of an invitation soon. When did you receive the "Application Status Update" email where it states that you are ready for a preliminary review? I got that two days ago

Congrats on your interview! My GPA was verified two days after you so you give me hope of an invitation soon. When did you receive the "Application Status Update" email where it states that you are ready for a preliminary review? I got that two days ago
goodluck! im sure they're starting to review tier 2 apps.. hopefully you'll hear from them soon! i received the email update 10/10 in the morning, then invite email late afternoon.

Thanks for the info and the well wishes! I actually submitted my supplemental a few days before you. I am hoping for the best!!

Any one else going this Friday? I'm so nervous!

Oh wow!
Yup, I'll be interviewing this Friday as well. I'll see you there!
Awesome! I'm so nervous =) Nice to see there will be other niner fans there. See you Friday!

goodluck for those who are interviewing tooday!
let us know how it went :)

went well!
3 groups that rotate between interviews (1 on 1 with student, then 1 on 1 with faculty), then presentation + tour, then writing sample
the day goes by super fast. and there are also cookies and water bottles for you :)

Reactions: 1 users
went well!
3 groups that rotate between interviews (1 on 1 with student, then 1 on 1 with faculty), then presentation + tour, then writing sample
the day goes by super fast. and there are also cookies and water bottles for you :)
Nice! did they ask more general questions or questions based on your resume? Did they ask a lot of situational questions?

Nice! did they ask more general questions or questions based on your resume? Did they ask a lot of situational questions?
for me it was all general q's. im sure it all depends on the interviewer though

Approximately how students attend each interview session?any other tips about the interview??

Interview went well and it was a lot easier than I thought! My interview with the professor was more like a talk story session, he didn't even start off with the tell me about yourself question. The interview with the student was more of a typical interview with general q's. Hopefully I hear back from them by the end of next week

Approximately how students attend each interview session?any other tips about the interview??

I would say there was about 20-25 of us all together, so about 7 or 8 in each group. They make you feel really comfortable and relaxed. Just make sure you dress professionally and act like your normal self.

hopefully we hear back something tomorrow or friday!

and good luck to all those who have interviews this friday!

Just got acceptance email!

Reactions: 2 users
just got accepted too!! :soexcited:

Accepted! Yay us!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who have been accepted, are you planning on attending UoP or are you still waiting on other schools? I can't decide if I should go to my CU Denver interview or not because I really like UoP....

why are you all talking about being accepted? im confused. no acceptances can go out before the 1st

We were accepted via email and are awaiting the official packet in the mail in a couple weeks.

For the people who interviewed on Oct 24: How was it? Any tips please! I have my interview this Friday :O

got an acceptance email today :)

Does anyone know how much the deposit fee will be?

what are you allowed to bring to the interview? What did you guys bring?

Did anyone get the admissions packet in the mail yet???