University of the Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! I got accepted to USciences and I have been looking for a forum that is talking about the school. I have already submitted the 500 dollars and I have received a financial aid package as well. I have to make up 17,ooo a year in grad plus loans. Thats including having already accepted the direct unsubsidized loan of 20,500. Loans, Loans, Loans.
I'd suggest meeting with the loa
Hi everyone! I got accepted to USciences and I have been looking for a forum that is talking about the school. I have already submitted the 500 dollars and I have received a financial aid package as well. I have to make up 17,ooo a year in grad plus loans. Thats including having already accepted the direct unsubsidized loan of 20,500. Loans, Loans, Loans.
Hello!
Congrats on your acceptance!

I too was accepted in november, and recieved 20,500 from the FAFSA. Do you think you will go with the Grad Plus Loans or a private?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve emailed Amy three times asking about my admissions status and still haven’t receieved a reply from her... :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad :)
received*
are you still waiting on a response? I am too. I'm getting so frustrated...idk why it is taking so long when they said they would give me an answer like a month and a half ago.

On march 7, they said I would hear back by the end of the following week (March 14). They said that they are nearly full and therefore working on the wait list.

It's now March 25. Amy is not very good at getting back to me. I had better luck with Erin. Erin is quick to respond and gives detailed responses. With Amy I waited 10 days for a response or got nothing at all.

I'm wondering if I should email them back looking for an update, I just don't want to sound too annoying, ya know?

Can't wait to start the program in just over 6 weeks!! Scrambling to get my things in order but I too am applying for the Fed Loans as well as the Grad Plus loans. I am from the area and will be living in South Philly with family. Was looking for a Facebook group with other accepted students to bounce questions off of but it doesn't seem to be created yet. Congrats everyone!

Can't wait to start the program in just over 6 weeks!! Scrambling to get my things in order but I too am applying for the Fed Loans as well as the Grad Plus loans. I am from the area and will be living in South Philly with family. Was looking for a Facebook group with other accepted students to bounce questions off of but it doesn't seem to be created yet. Congrats everyone!

Hey... I noticed that you're from an area I know. Where did you do your undergrad and where did you do your observation hours if you don't mind me asking?

Hey... I noticed that you're from an area I know. Where did you do your undergrad and where did you do your observation hours if you don't mind me asking?

I

Last edited:

Congrats everyone! I am super nervous and excited at the same time! FYI I joined a FB group for Usciences OT! It has some of the staff, coordinator and current OT students. There haven't been any recent discussions so I don't know if any new P1 students have joined or not! I guess that is something I should inquire about. Has anyone completed their loan process as of yet? I am a bit confused if the loans I'll be taking out will be yearly or semesterly. I am coming from Maryland and not familiar with Philly much. I will be residing with a family member who lives pretty close to campus for at least the summer session. I guess my question is do I account for living expenses throughout the entire academic year (Sum, Fall, Spr) or do you apply for loans semesterly?? Thx so much!!

I'd suggest meeting with the loa

Hello!
Congrats on your acceptance!

I too was accepted in november, and recieved 20,500 from the FAFSA. Do you think you will go with the Grad Plus Loans or a private?

Sorry for the late response. I did end up going with the graduate plus. I think they have a lower interest rate than Private and since its from the gov (i believe), the same conditions apply as with the federal sub/unsubsidized loans.

Congrats everyone! I am super nervous and excited at the same time! FYI I joined a FB group for Usciences OT! It has some of the staff, coordinator and current OT students. There haven't been any recent discussions so I don't know if any new P1 students have joined or not! I guess that is something I should inquire about. Has anyone completed their loan process as of yet? I am a bit confused if the loans I'll be taking out will be yearly or semesterly. I am coming from Maryland and not familiar with Philly much. I will be residing with a family member who lives pretty close to campus for at least the summer session. I guess my question is do I account for living expenses throughout the entire academic year (Sum, Fall, Spr) or do you apply for loans semesterly?? Thx so much!!

I wasnt sure about joining the facebook group. But now I will. I am super excited as well. In regards to the loans, I was told initially that the school looks at summer seperately from the fall and spring. So I applied for loans just for summer and then will apply again for fall and spring. I am doing this with the Graduate plus loan. BUUUUT, a couple of days ago I called financial aid and they said that if you apply for your loans in one lump sum, they will disperse it through out the year as they see fit. So all in all i have no idea really. :)

Everyone who got in U Health science , can u pls share your stat. I am planning on applying for upcoming cycle. I will really appreciate any help

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope I haven't heard anything either . Do you all mind sharing your stats .

Mine are
Overall GPA : 3.4
Pre req : 3.4
Grad school : 3.77
1200 + hours

I got a call from USciences today and I was accepted into the program starting this fall. However, I will not be attending so good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

I got a call from USciences today and I was accepted into the program starting this fall. However, I will not be attending so good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!
Hey , I have applied for DPT . Do you think OT andDPT decisions are made during same time ?

Hi @FutureOT8,

Congrats on your acceptance! When did you designate USci? I designated late (mid-December), so am trying to gauge a rough timeline of when I might hear from them. The school is crazy expensive to attend, but I figured I would cross that road if I ever get there. Is that why you decided to go elsewhere? Where will you be attending school instead?

Hi @FutureOT8,

Congrats on your acceptance! When did you designate USci? I designated late (mid-December), so am trying to gauge a rough timeline of when I might hear from them. The school is crazy expensive to attend, but I figured I would cross that road if I ever get there. Is that why you decided to go elsewhere? Where will you be attending school instead?

Thank you @OTorBust13 ! I designated my application on 10/1 and my application was verified 10/17. Yeah the tuition does seem very high. I am choosing not to attend because I'm from CA and got into Samuel Merritt University (my #1 choice). I hope this helps!

Hi @FutureOT8,

Hey! I saw you mention how expensive USciences and I was unsure if you knew they give OT students accepted an automatic $5,000 scholarship. I know that isn't a huge amount when it comes to their entire tuition, but I guess it helps!

Hey! I saw you mention how expensive USciences and I was unsure if you knew they give OT students accepted an automatic $5,000 scholarship. I know that isn't a huge amount when it comes to their entire tuition, but I guess it helps!

I didn't know that, but it's definitely good information to have!

Does anyone know the full tuition price for the OT program at Usciences?

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the acceptance process? Do you interview with the school or do they just offer acceptance by reviewing applications? Also how are you notified of acceptance... do they email you or call? Or send you a letter? Hoping to hear back from them for this upcoming year! Thanks:)

@RunnerGirl27 Im in the same boat as you, waiting to hear back. When did you apply? Did you receive your supplemental application? Usciences does not interview, and mostly notifies of acceptance via phone.

@amyOTpeds Thanks! I applied around the middle of November, & I received the supplemental application on 11/14 and sent that out right away... Unfortunately I have not heard from them since! I did call to verify that they received everything before Christmas though. How about you?

@RunnerGirl27 I applied really late, I was verified February 5. I sent my supplemental application just yesterday. So you should hear back really soon! They are working on MID november applications right now. Have you applied to other schools?

@amyOTpeds Oh okay great, hopefully I will know either way soon then! Thanks so much! I did apply to 5 others, but I only have one interview set up so far so I'm getting kind of nervous... have you applied to others too?

@RunnerGirl27 I applied to 5 others too, but I have a low GPA I might have to reapply next cycle. NON octas don't average grades, so I think I have a better chance at those but still. 2.92 is very low compared to everyone else. But Non-otcas my transcript says 3.27. My last 60 hours are 3.65. Hopefully the last 60 help. I don't have any interviews yet. Its so competitive, I just messed up a lot freshman year, but I know I have what it takes to go to grad school, if not this cycle I will keep applying. But all the best to you! I hope you get in somewhere!

@amyOTpeds Yes, I am kind of in the same boat as you I feel like..I changed my major 4th year and have some very low grades from my upper levels (the semester I decided to switch), with a cumulative GPA on OTCAS of 3.31 now. I think your last 60 hours will help for sure! I am nervous because my worst semester was within my last 30 hours, & I am worried about having to reapply next year also. I am super excited to have found OT & can't wait to start, I just hope I get accepted! & I hope you do too, good luck to you! :)

Deposits for those accepted around Christmas time are due on the 25th. I'm sure Usciences is waiting to hear from these people before they can start sending out more acceptance letters. I just sent my deposit in this weekend.

Bump? I was accepted this morning! Can anyone give me more information on the school? Their curriculum and tuition? They don't have any information about the curriculum on their website so I can't really seem to figure out how to calculate the tuition. But by judging from previous responses on this thread and by graduate amount per credit....it seems to be a very expensive program.

If anyone has more insight on this, that would be great!