University of Toronto, class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurpharmacis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

New U of T thread for 2011-2012 admissions cycle!:)

For those who got into the waitlist in the previous cycle, do you mind sharing your stats? Also, the rest please share yours, but indicate whether or not you were on the waitlist. Thx.

BTW, good luck to everyone this year! I hope we will be classmates. Talk to you later.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

New U of T thread for 2011-2012 admissions cycle!:)

For those who got into the waitlist in the previous cycle, do you mind sharing your stats? Also, the rest please share yours, but indicate whether or not you were on the waitlist. Thx.

BTW, good luck to everyone this year! I hope we will be classmates. Talk to you later.:)

Hey
I'm a new applicant this year
For stats, what can I really say other than grades and PCAT lol..
GPA: 75+
PCAT is still in progress..
how about you?

and yes, good luck to everyone too :D

I applied last year and got accepted. Finally some one started the forum, its important to have this for communication and helping each other out with admissions process.

For your scores i would say aim for atleast 70 pcat, and atleast 3.0 gpa (around 75% avg). To be competitive and be accepted your should ace (close to 80 or higher) Pcat or Gpa and meet the minimums listed above. Of course these numbers are my guesses of what you should aim for based on last years posting of the scores on Sdn. Interview is also a vital component and if you screw that up then doesn't matter how well you did on your gpa and pcat you might not be accepted. If it helps my scores were gpa approx 80 percent and pcat mid 70s interview: moderate-good.

Hope this helps.
(I can answer any Qs if you guys have any but just not during my test time ie oct and Dec)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied last year and got accepted. Finally some one started the forum, its important to have this for communication and helping each other out with admissions process.

For your scores i would say aim for atleast 70 pcat, and atleast 3.0 gpa (around 75% avg). To be competitive and be accepted your should ace (close to 80 or higher) Pcat or Gpa and meet the minimums listed above. Of course these numbers are my guesses of what you should aim for based on last years posting of the scores on Sdn. Interview is also a vital component and if you screw that up then doesn't matter how well you did on your gpa and pcat you might not be accepted. If it helps my scores were gpa approx 80 percent and pcat mid 70s interview: moderate-good.

Hope this helps.
(I can answer any Qs if you guys have any but just not during my test time ie oct and Dec)

I have an average that's a high 70 and my PCAT is a mid 70. Do I have a chance of getting accepted? :confused:

Yes there were a few applicants last yr who got accepted with high 70s gpa and mid 70s pcat, i count atleast 2. But as long as your pcat scores are above cutoffs shouldn't be a problem. Also do good to very good on interview.

And you have to also consider the applicant pool last year approx 600 ppl applied, this year based on this forum it looks like it might be less which all but improves your chances of getting in :thumbup:

Yes there were a few applicants last yr who got accepted with high 70s gpa and mid 70s pcat, i count atleast 2. But as long as your pcat scores are above cutoffs shouldn't be a problem. Also do good to very good on interview.

And you have to also consider the applicant pool last year approx 600 ppl applied, this year based on this forum it looks like it might be less which all but improves your chances of getting in :thumbup:

What is the best way to prepare for the MMI?:)

Hey everyone :)

What are my chances with a cGPA of a 3.1? I have a BSc in Biology and Biochemistry and have yet to write the PCAT. Any advice is much appreciated.

Waitlisted last year lower half =(. GPA 3.1 (75.2%) PCAT 80% 88 in chem. MMI i thought was decent but coulda have gone way better which was probably why I was on the lower half. Been through the whole admissions process and reapplying again so if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask! xD

Waitlisted last year lower half =(. GPA 3.1 (75.2%) PCAT 80% 88 in chem. MMI i thought was decent but coulda have gone way better which was probably why I was on the lower half. Been through the whole admissions process and reapplying again so if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask! xD

I was on the same boat as you-->waitlisted on lower half. However, my PCAT was not was high as yours. Maybe my interview was decent, who knows. Personally, being on the waitlist can be considered an achievement. It means that you ARE a qualified applicant but there simply was not a spot for you.

Which school did you go to?

I was on the same boat as you-->waitlisted on lower half. However, my PCAT was not was high as yours. Maybe my interview was decent, who knows. Personally, being on the waitlist can be considered an achievement. It means that you ARE a qualified applicant but there simply was not a spot for you.

Which school did you go to?

Haha yea I wasn't terribly disappointed because it was my first time applying and I was only in my second year when I applied. Currently in third year at UWO.

Good luck to you all! I got in this year with all the curriculum changes so I'm first class - the first batch of lab rats - of a (potentially) PharmD curriculum..hopefully :p.

I guess some suggestions I have for you are to raise your GPA and to work on your MMIs. I know you can't prepare MMIs but what helps is the foundations needed to excel in MMIs like soft skills (i.e. communication, logical reasoning, etc.) so go out, meet people of all ages, professions, cultures and start to communicate and grasp more of the world around you.

If you have any questions, thoughts, or advice, feel free to ask me or post it up and probably someone will answer it.

What is the best way to prepare for the MMI?:)

Although ppl say there is no way of preparing for MMI there is some things you can do, as Jedisoul said you can improve your social skills by talking to people. In addition, I would recommend volunteering at a pharmacy with a pharmacist so that you get more knowledge about the profession and the values behind it. Also in last years forum people recommended mock practice mmi's held by their own school consult with your academic and careers centre if your school does this.

Lastly, reading ethical books and books that are written for MMI's (they are tailored towards medical mmi's but should be fine for pharm) are good because they can tell you what kind of ethical questions are asked and how you should answer them. There are some books in the Gerstein library reference section you can access (you dont need uoft student card for this).

Although some ppl dont prepare at all and just winged it, i found doing some of the above things helped me be more prepared and so the experience of Mmi's wasnt a complete shock.

for the PCAT, is the composite score more important or do they look at individual sections? Also, it is true that the PCAT is what determines an invitation to an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
for the PCAT, is the composite score more important or do they look at individual sections? Also, it is true that the PCAT is what determines an invitation to an interview?

They look at PCAT scores and your overall grades/GPA (min 70%) before inviting you for an interview. On the website, there a minimums listed for each section and composite, so I'm guessing they look at everything. If you have a high composite but low biology and chemistry, they probably take that into account.

It is an exciting time to apply for pharmacy at U of T, with all the changes in the curriculum and the practice of pharmacy, and BEST luck to you all:)

Hey 1T6 wannabe's,

Wanted to wish everyone good luck this year... SDN was a great source of information when I was applying to pharmacy in the past few years. And I think there are a few people in our class (1T5) who still use SDN, so if you guys ever have any questions feel free to ask us!

Pharmacy is a great occupation, but be sure to think about everything twice and do thorough research before making decisions!

Hey 1T6 wannabe's,

Wanted to wish everyone good luck this year... SDN was a great source of information when I was applying to pharmacy in the past few years. And I think there are a few people in our class (1T5) who still use SDN, so if you guys ever have any questions feel free to ask us!

Pharmacy is a great occupation, but be sure to think about everything twice and do thorough research before making decisions!

Thank you! It's nice of you to take time off your busy schedule and help us out. I was wondering, what kind of PCAT scores is UofT looking for? I already know about their cut offs but based on your knowledge, do you know who they prefer....for an interview invite.

Thank you! It's nice of you to take time off your busy schedule and help us out. I was wondering, what kind of PCAT scores is UofT looking for? I already know about their cut offs but based on your knowledge, do you know who they prefer....for an interview invite.

For 1T5, there were a lot less applicants so the standards for the PCAT were lowered by quite a lot. As long as you meet the cutoffs there is nothing to worry about. Everyone who meets the cutoff should theoretically get an interview - and i highly doubt that the PCAT is looked at again post-interview - but this is just speculation.

Unfortunately, I can't access the link to the cutoffs but if you scavenge through the 1T5 forum they should be posted. From what I remember:

Chem - 50
Bio - 20? or 30?
Reading Comp - 20?
Calc - 20 or 30?

and the essay scores were something like 2.5/3 or 3/2.5

and composite cutoff may have been 50.

This is purely from memory though! Point being...to be absolutely safe you should aim for a overall score of well above 50, but whether you get an 80 or 90 I doubt it matters.

The main thing to keep in mind is that UofT is dead strict with the cutoffs - if you fall 1% below in any of the subsections unfortunately you're disqualified immediately.

Good luck...it's a great program and great place to be! Study hard, prep well for the interview and you should have no problem getting in!!! :)

Thank you so much for the info.
On their website, it shows that they lowered the cut-offs from 2010 to 2011.

If anyone is wondering, this is what I got straight from the FAQ section:

"The preliminary minimum scores required for eligibility to proceed to the interview for the 2011 admission cycle were as follows:

Conventions of Language 3,
Problem Solving 2.5,
Composite Percentile 20,
Chemistry percentile 20,
Biology percentile 10,
Quantitative Ability percentile 10,
Reading Comprehension percentile 20
Verbal Ability percentile 10".

This forum is rly dead!
Anyone start the application yet?

On the U of T website, it has been informed that people who have been selected for an interview will be posted in mid march...

But the final transcript will be out I think during May.. so how can they choose who to interview even bf they see the final cGPA??:confused:

Can anyone from previous year explain this to me plz??

On the U of T website, it has been informed that people who have been selected for an interview will be posted in mid march...

But the final transcript will be out I think during May.. so how can they choose who to interview even bf they see the final cGPA??:confused:

Can anyone from previous year explain this to me plz??

You are asked to submit an initial university transcript by Jan. if i remember correctly, and they will select you for an interview if you have met the minimum 70 percent GPA requirement and all the PCAT requirements. Hope that helped xD

Any pharmacy students want to share their experiences in pharmacy school? I would love to know.

Any pharmacy students want to share their experiences in pharmacy school? I would love to know.

We've only been in the program for about 6 weeks, and we've only written 2 midterms (plus an assignment we did few weeks ago.) So far, all I can tell is that the new curriculum is quite demanding and challenging. Everything just seems to be way more fast-pasted compared to undergrad. Also, get ready to handle 7 courses in a term, because that's how many courses we have now in term 1 (2 of them are online though!)

After all, it's a very solid program and the school, the people and everything else are amazing... just be prepared to work hard once you're in!

p.s. I highly recommend to any prospect student to take a physiology/anatomy course before starting pharm, you have to take 2 phys/anat courses in your first year and it would help a LOT to have a background in these areas!

.... and now I have to go back to studying for the physiology midterm we have next week! :mad:

Last edited:
For future 1T6's, as a rule whenever you see helloeveryone in the building, you must say helloeveryone to her! =)

For future 1T6's, as a rule whenever you see helloeveryone in the building, you must say helloeveryone to her! =)

Ha-Ha... and future 1T6's, as a rule, you're NEVER supposed to believe anything you hear from 1T5's (besides me, of course)! LOLLL

p.s RedPharmer, get back to STUDYING you've got 2 midterms coming up bro!

for those of you with weak pcat score: have no fear! the first time i wrote the PCAT i had a 98% composite, and had to rewrite because of the expiry. The second attempt i scored 64% and was disappointed this mark would hold me back, but here I am.

There is hope for those of you with a weak PCAT! Dominate the interview!

for those of you with weak pcat score: have no fear! the first time i wrote the PCAT i had a 98% composite, and had to rewrite because of the expiry. The second attempt i scored 64% and was disappointed this mark would hold me back, but here I am.

There is hope for those of you with a weak PCAT! Dominate the interview!

They don't look at only your PCAT. What was your GPA?

We've only been in the program for about 6 weeks, and we've only written 2 midterms (plus an assignment we did few weeks ago.) So far, all I can tell is that the new curriculum is quite demanding and challenging. Everything just seems to be way more fast-pasted compared to undergrad. Also, get ready to handle 7 courses in a term, because that's how many courses we have now in term 1 (2 of them are online though!)

After all, it's a very solid program and the school, the people and everything else are amazing... just be prepared to work hard once you're in!

p.s. I highly recommend to any prospect student to take a physiology/anatomy course before starting pharm, you have to take 2 phys/anat courses in your first year and it would help a LOT to have a background in these areas!

.... and now I have to go back to studying for the physiology midterm we have next week! :mad:

Do you have to finish your online courses by a certain date or you can finish it anytime you want and work at your own pace?

Hi, im in 1T5 and I just wanted to post my stats from last year.

finished 4 years of biochem with overall 74%, first two years less than 60% (with some failed courses including first year chem), last two years about 85%.

PCAT, wrote it twice. First time without studying a 65, second time after using Dr.Collins notes, a 92 overall with a low 45 verbal.

interview was fine, i would say i didn't do well in 2 stations where I wish I could retry them.

hi lolololz.

i am a 1T5 also. (ooooh who am i?)

i had a pretty low pcat score, and i thought i screwed up the interview big time, but i still got in.

u mad?

hi lolololz.

i had a pretty low pcat score, and i thought i screwed up the interview big time, but i still got in.

u mad?

i fink i noe u...

anywayz, i did a prettie bad job with ma pcat... it wuz lik 75 %-tilez or sumthang... ma interviewz waz aite, the ppl were real nice. and look at me now... pharmacy student yall

Last edited:
It's funny how there is a surge of users on this thread once its link was posted in the 1t5 fb group lol

Anyhow, I wanted to wish all of you future 1t6's the best of luck in this upcoming admission process. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

waterloowannabe

...Oic.

tumblr_ls7wwk6RuD1qdlkgg.gif

tumblr_ljy8oxUoXL1qjnxr0o1_500.gif

tumblr_lqh0fgfCpG1qdlkgg.gif

tumblr_lr62uyik8b1qdlkgg.gif

...jk.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm another 1T6 hopeful. I have a 2.93 cGPA and 94 comp pcat (96 chem, 55 RC).

Really worried about my essay and wish those guys would post marks already! They say that marks should be up 5 weeks after the testing window, does that mean 5 weeks from the day I wrote it or 5 weeks from the month I wrote it.

I'm a 1T5.

Here's the breakdown:

In Verbal and Reading, getting a 30 or above is COMPLETELY ALRIGHT. Don't be discouraged by a mark below 50. Some people got like 20 in math and still got in. So it's alright to be stupid in one part and be smart in the rest. Life isn't equal.

Some of you might cram last minute for the PCAT. Some might study for months. I suggest get Collins if you can afford it. In the end, if you crammed everything in 1-2 days while gaming , you can actually do just fine with a 70 composite. Because that's not what I totally did and I totally didn't study for 8 hours and totally didn't get a 80ish composite and a friend of mine in pharm totally hates me for doing that. Totally not.

BUT the point is, don't be stressed out. Just make sure your composite isn't some crappy 30ish. Why? Cause then you're screwed.

If it's 60+, you got a chance. As long as you got 60+, with minimal GPA, work on the INTERVIEW.

Wise words part 2: Don't screw up writing. Cause then, you're screwed.

TLDR; Chill if you passed (60% is a pass in pharm). Slack if you want. I'm just trolling. I wasted 3 minutes of your life.

On a serious note: I got a 82 composite, with a 3.0 GPA on the dot. I think PCAT+GPA is both equal but main thing is...interviews.

Just don't screw up. The game.

please bear my children.

LOL, you're too funny.

Good luck 1T6s, just try your hardest. maintain a decent GPA, a decent PCAT and most importantly the interview... do well during the interviews!

Last edited:
As long as we are dispensing advice. Remember to suit up like a baus the day of the interview.

ERRYBODY jump ship while you can cuz pharmacy is going down down down down down down down down

hi lolololz.

u mad?

What was your PCAT score and GPA?

People define "low PCAT score" differently--> a 70 is considered low by some and mediocre or high by others.

A 50 or less PCAT score is probably considered low by most people.

Same with GPA-- 3.0 might be low to others or mediocre or even some think it's high!

Guys(1T5s), stop spamming this thread, lol. As mentioned earlier, just have a decent GPA/pCAT and do well on the interview. I'm also from 1T5 and know of several people who got in with 3.0 GPA but they did well on the interview, so, the marks are important but you also need to do well in the interview.
As for our pharmacy experience, helloeveryone explained that pretty well :)

It's more of a combination. They look at everything. I thought I did very poorly during my interview (finished almost every station wayyyy too early and sat there in awkward silence), but had high grades (3.9 GPA). Remember to have fun during the interview though (as odd as that sounds) haha. :laugh:

What's with the rumour going around that the PharmD program is being implemented officially for the 1T6. I heard tons of 1T5 are failing or reapplying into our year so that they can get the PharmD. IS there even a point in applying to UofT this year?

What's with the rumour going around that the PharmD program is being implemented officially for the 1T6. I heard tons of 1T5 are failing or reapplying into our year so that they can get the PharmD. IS there even a point in applying to UofT this year?

That is wrong on so many levels. We're already doing the PharmD curriculum. If it ever gets approved, we'd get a PharmD degree. No one (to my knowledge) is failing or reapplying to 1T6.

That is wrong on so many levels. We're already doing the PharmD curriculum. If it ever gets approved, we'd get a PharmD degree. No one (to my knowledge) is failing or reapplying to 1T6.

Look at his # of posts. Look at his username. That is all.

im 1T5 and I approve this message

just kidding our first anatomy test average was 82 median 85 so you can say we are all acing it :D