University of Toronto, class of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what does it mean in a pharmacy to put a prescription on hold?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone tomorrow. Its an interesting perspective volunteering on the MMI side watching all of you nervous wrecks going through the process!

Relax and do your best :)

This is going to be a long three months.

There's a document on your pharmSIS called "Important deadlines, dates, and documents."...click "more news" on your front page and you'll see it.

thanks! and GL everyone. Whoever deserves to be in pharmacy will receive a offer. otherwise, try again.

what does it mean in a pharmacy to put a prescription on hold?

It means that the prescription has not been filled yet, but it is put in your system, so if you decide you want it you can go back to the pharmacy and get it filled. Sometimes prescriptions get put on hold if it is visible that you already have that drug and it's too early to get filled.
Hope this helps :)

By the way, how did does everyone feel about their interviews that had them this weekend??

Nerve wracking. Kill me x___x I'm not confident in how I presented myself... oh man. Just gotta wait those three months...

Ugh. Me neither... I realized today that I literally bolted out the door when the buzzer when. Not calm and collected at all... I wonder what influence that will have on my markers:confused:

Don't over analyze you will drive yourself crazy considering there is still three months to go!

Ugh. Me neither... I realized today that I literally bolted out the door when the buzzer when. Not calm and collected at all... I wonder what influence that will have on my markers:confused:

did you interview on Saturday? Were you the one that was sprinting out of the room for the next station?

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering you only get 2 minutes to think of what to say before you go in, i think a lil speed is fine. I felt the interviewers were not uptight at all so i don't think they'll fault us for running...all in all it was actually pretty fun. I think the team station was the most fun but the best part was when it was all overrrr...would i ever do it again? HELLLZZ NO! (i hope not) lol

Haha yes, but come to think of it... I wasn't the only one. Station 10 to 1 was the only one I sprinted at... And yes, teamwork ones were definitely the best!

Haha yes, but come to think of it... I wasn't the only one. Station 10 to 1 was the only one I sprinted at... And yes, teamwork ones were definitely the best!

ahh ok. Ya there was a girl that literally ran out of every room and she looked very frantic. As I was leaving one station she would suddenly appear outside the door. :p

I thought the interview went pretty well overall. The first few stations were the hardest for me, not because the questions were especially hard, but just because I was nervous when having to go from one topic to another so quickly. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad.

Summary of the day:
Get to PB, sitting in lobby with everyone ---> omg wtf bbq nervous
Orientation, waiting forever ---> zzzzz sleepy and bored
Time to go to the stations, starting the first few interviews ---> aaaahh nervous, gonna die, damn I should have peed
After the first few stations ---> in the zone, boom, next, this is kind of fun
After all interviews are done ---> pheeeewww relieeeffff, need a nap I'm exhausted

I was in the orange circuit Saturday morning too. Definitely not the one sprinting tho!

whos confident about getting accepted. what are all your averages?
im 82%

For those who got nervous in the MMI, did you think it was because it was your first time or you were intimidated by the interviewers or what?

Definitely because it was the first time. You get used to the process after a few interviewers.
I'm also an 82% average overall and 92 composite PCAT score.

For those who got nervous in the MMI, did you think it was because it was your first time or you were intimidated by the interviewers or what?

Ya. I think it was because it was my first time. Some of the interviewers were intimidating when they were trying to school their expressions. I felt like I did better when the interviewer even just smiled. It kind of built my confidence a little bit. Whereas, when they were good at showing no expressions, I just felt like they didn't like what I was saying. I don't know.

And my first station was the team work, which was good. Second station was my first real station and I know I did awful on it. I didn't even know what I was saying. It was like random thoughts that were incoherently spoken. So that made me sad. :(

But when I do look back, I do feel like the MMI process is better than a traditional interview. I just wish that I had done better because I know I could have done better. Hopefully, I'm just being hard on myself and I didn't do as bad as I thought.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they thought.

Last edited:
LOL i felt the same way! I totally bombed the first two stations, did totally awesome in one and did okay in the rest. Funny thing was i felt more comfortable when they jot down notes and listen to you at the same time. For the ones that just sit there and stare made me felt so self-conscious like i wasn't saying the right things or waht i was saying was bogus so they didn't bother to note it..haha.

lets not provide too much details about the interview because there are others still doing it in may. dont want to make our chances go lower =)

When I did the interview, I was freaking out on the first. I know they are judging me. Hard to tell how I did.
Their still faces look scary! Hard to control my fears.:scared:

I agree that the MMI is better than a panel interview. As an admissions officer, I'd definitely prefer to see candidates handle MMI scenarios instead of just talk about themselves. I feel like the panel stuff is easier to prepare for (e.g. canned speeches), but with MMI you either know how to communicate and think critically, or you don't.

As for my averages, I have an 83% overall (not including the high school marks) and a 93 composite, so pretty much the same as the other few people who have posted theirs so far

how do u guys have such high composites ... wow .. lol i have like 56 composite... i hope they dont look at PCAT again, cuz they already cut people with it.

I'm pretty sure they look at everything again to create an "admission index" for each applicant, but I'm not sure exactly how each component is weighted.

The interview is probably the most important, but PCAT and GPA are both factors as well. I'm sure it's possible to offset a low PCAT with a good GPA and good interview, but again I don't know how exactly they calculate all of this stuff.

I wish there was something posted on the website saying exactly how much each component is worth (e.g. 60% interview performance, 20% PCAT, 20% GPA). I'm also not sure which parts of the PCAT are the most important. They may only consider the composite, or they might look to see specifically whether you did well in Chemistry.

haha maybe we met! :) how was your interview?

Maybe we did! :D It was ... nervewracking, to say the least. I just hope I did alright :) How did you find it?

My cgpa right now is 3.5 I think.. so that's about 80%. And my composite is 95 with 98 in chem. If I don't get in it's definitely because I messed up in my interview, which may actually be the case hahaha.

whos confident about getting accepted. what are all your averages?
im 82%

Not confident about getting in since I still need to do the interview, but since everyones posting stats, I might as well: cGPA 3.8 (might go down with organics and thermodynamics this sem) and composite of 94 (second try)

For people that are already in pharmacy, how do you guys like it so far?? How much harder than regular undergrad?

what are u guys doing in the summer to keep yourselves busy? haha, im doing research...

I'm working, trying to save as much money as possible. I'm guessing June 22 is either going to mean lots of retail therapy or saving even more than before.

Does anyone know whether it's do-able to work part-time while in the pharmacy program? Just looking at the tuition $$$ makes my head hurt, and I'd like to be able to work instead of being super duper broke...

i dont think anyone would want to work during the pharmacy program except in the summer, gonna be tough man. yah, even if i get accepted, ill be happy that i got accepted, but then sad again after paying so much tuition and have to work my asssssss off for another 4 years... well at least get 60 in each course...