Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

University of Toronto, class of 2016

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by futurpharmacis, 09.28.11.

1. Thanks to Crack the PCAT
  1. cuteeenerd

cuteeenerd

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I totally agree with you guys, you can always find some really immature people in uni and the ones that shouldnt be there. Plus, there are generally more studious people in uni than college I think, not to say college students don't study.

Anyways, I was wondering if any girls could share what they will be wearing to the interview? For example, if you don't want to wear a suit, would you opt for a skirt? Or is it too casual?
  2. simplicity1love

simplicity1love

Pharmacy Student
    A suit for a girl usually does tend to mean a skirt :) Of course there is the pant suit but I will always prefer the skirt suit! I'll be wearing a classic black skirt suit ensemble for my interview :)
  3. mui

mui

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    for those who've done the interview, I was wondering, did u find urselves talking for the entire 7 minutes or were there times where u answered the question in less time and then was just sitting in awkward silence with the interviewer?
  4. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

omg my interview is tomorrow at 9am! sooo nervous!!!!!!!!! everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! nervous makes results! the more the better!
  5. sndiv

sndiv

Pharmacy Student
    Good luck this weekend guys!
  6. lbqjenny

lbqjenny

Pharmacy Student
    I have not done my interview yet and this is the first time I am applying. I dont think 7 min is a goal. As long as you finish the question and provide some important points about the question, you will be fine. Well of course 3 min is not long enough to make your points. I think we have to communicate effectively but not say what we think again and again to fill the 7 min.
  7. cuteeenerd

cuteeenerd

So blazer and all? I meant like a skirt with a blouse, no blazer lol, that might be too casual, im just finding excuses to getting out of wearing a blazer :p

By the way, good luck to everyone that has their interviews this weekend :)
  8. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    DEFINITELY WEAR A BLAZER AND GO ALL OUT!! There were a couple of people this morning that didn't and they stood out so badly. One of the volunteers asked this girl if she was there for the interview b/c she was in jeans. Awkward. Do not be that person.
  9. simplicity1love

simplicity1love

Pharmacy Student
    You did your interview this morning?? I hope it went well!! :) Mine is tomorrow afternoon. Also, I agree with you - DEFINITELY go with the blazer. It's not exactly hot humid weather tomorrow like it was a few days ago so you won't boil in it. :)

I can't believe someone went in jeans. It must've been a nightmare for her to see everyone else in suits. :scared:
  10. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

its not necessary on what u wear. the interviewers are just dressed casually too. i mean its more important what u say then what u wear. each interviewer most of the time wont be lookin at u but writing what u said down.
  11. amgen

amgen

what does it mean in a pharmacy to put a prescription on hold?
  12. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

does anyone know when offers of admissions will be made?
  13. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    June 22. (tentative).

:S
    Last edited: 03.24.12
  14. RedPharmer

RedPharmer

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Good luck everyone tomorrow. Its an interesting perspective volunteering on the MMI side watching all of you nervous wrecks going through the process!

Relax and do your best :)
  15. sndiv

sndiv

Pharmacy Student
    This is going to be a long three months.
  16. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

where does it say june 22
  17. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    There's a document on your pharmSIS called "Important deadlines, dates, and documents."...click "more news" on your front page and you'll see it.
  18. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

thanks! and GL everyone. Whoever deserves to be in pharmacy will receive a offer. otherwise, try again.
  19. cuteeenerd

cuteeenerd

It means that the prescription has not been filled yet, but it is put in your system, so if you decide you want it you can go back to the pharmacy and get it filled. Sometimes prescriptions get put on hold if it is visible that you already have that drug and it's too early to get filled.
    Hope this helps :)

By the way, how did does everyone feel about their interviews that had them this weekend??
  20. simplicity1love

simplicity1love

Pharmacy Student
    Nerve wracking. Kill me x___x I'm not confident in how I presented myself... oh man. Just gotta wait those three months...
  21. pharmaniac007

pharmaniac007

Ugh. Me neither... I realized today that I literally bolted out the door when the buzzer when. Not calm and collected at all... I wonder what influence that will have on my markers:confused:
  22. sndiv

sndiv

Pharmacy Student
    Don't over analyze you will drive yourself crazy considering there is still three months to go!
  23. Otter14

Otter14

Pharmacy Student
    did you interview on Saturday? Were you the one that was sprinting out of the room for the next station?
  24. Phizzle

Phizzle

Pre-Pharmacy
    Considering you only get 2 minutes to think of what to say before you go in, i think a lil speed is fine. I felt the interviewers were not uptight at all so i don't think they'll fault us for running...all in all it was actually pretty fun. I think the team station was the most fun but the best part was when it was all overrrr...would i ever do it again? HELLLZZ NO! (i hope not) lol
  25. pharmaniac007

pharmaniac007

Haha yes, but come to think of it... I wasn't the only one. Station 10 to 1 was the only one I sprinted at... And yes, teamwork ones were definitely the best!
  26. Otter14

Otter14

Pharmacy Student
    ahh ok. Ya there was a girl that literally ran out of every room and she looked very frantic. As I was leaving one station she would suddenly appear outside the door. :p
  27. kovey

kovey

Pharmacy Student
    I thought the interview went pretty well overall. The first few stations were the hardest for me, not because the questions were especially hard, but just because I was nervous when having to go from one topic to another so quickly. Once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad.

Summary of the day:
    Get to PB, sitting in lobby with everyone ---> omg wtf bbq nervous
    Orientation, waiting forever ---> zzzzz sleepy and bored
    Time to go to the stations, starting the first few interviews ---> aaaahh nervous, gonna die, damn I should have peed
    After the first few stations ---> in the zone, boom, next, this is kind of fun
    After all interviews are done ---> pheeeewww relieeeffff, need a nap I'm exhausted
  28. pharmaniac007

pharmaniac007

Haha were you Saturday morning, what colour?!
  29. Otter14

Otter14

Pharmacy Student
    yep Saturday morning, orange circuit. you?
  30. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

31. PrePharm777

PrePharm777

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was in the orange circuit Saturday morning too. Definitely not the one sprinting tho!
  32. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    I was green saturday morning too! :)
  33. pharmdrug

pharmdrug

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Anyone orange group Sunday? haha :)
  34. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

green at 9am. so boss.
  35. simplicity1love

simplicity1love

Pharmacy Student
    1:45?
  36. pharmaniac007

pharmaniac007

37. pharmdrug

pharmdrug

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    haha yes! 1:45 :)
  38. simplicity1love

simplicity1love

Pharmacy Student
    I was in that circuit too :)
  39. pharmdrug

pharmdrug

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    haha maybe we met! :) how was your interview?
  40. SoftSoap

SoftSoap

Pharmacy Student
    1:45? :hungover:
  41. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

whos confident about getting accepted. what are all your averages?
    im 82%
  42. futurpharmacis

futurpharmacis

Post Doc
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    For those who got nervous in the MMI, did you think it was because it was your first time or you were intimidated by the interviewers or what?
  43. pharmaniac007

pharmaniac007

Definitely because it was the first time. You get used to the process after a few interviewers.
    I'm also an 82% average overall and 92 composite PCAT score.
  44. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    Ya. I think it was because it was my first time. Some of the interviewers were intimidating when they were trying to school their expressions. I felt like I did better when the interviewer even just smiled. It kind of built my confidence a little bit. Whereas, when they were good at showing no expressions, I just felt like they didn't like what I was saying. I don't know.

And my first station was the team work, which was good. Second station was my first real station and I know I did awful on it. I didn't even know what I was saying. It was like random thoughts that were incoherently spoken. So that made me sad. :(

But when I do look back, I do feel like the MMI process is better than a traditional interview. I just wish that I had done better because I know I could have done better. Hopefully, I'm just being hard on myself and I didn't do as bad as I thought.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what they thought.
    Last edited: 03.28.12
  45. phabulous

phabulous

Pharmacy Student
    Last edited: 03.11.13
  46. Phizzle

Phizzle

Pre-Pharmacy
    LOL i felt the same way! I totally bombed the first two stations, did totally awesome in one and did okay in the rest. Funny thing was i felt more comfortable when they jot down notes and listen to you at the same time. For the ones that just sit there and stare made me felt so self-conscious like i wasn't saying the right things or waht i was saying was bogus so they didn't bother to note it..haha.
  47. PharmacyBoy

PharmacyBoy

lets not provide too much details about the interview because there are others still doing it in may. dont want to make our chances go lower =)
  48. futurpharmacis

futurpharmacis

Post Doc
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    When I did the interview, I was freaking out on the first. I know they are judging me. Hard to tell how I did.
    Their still faces look scary! Hard to control my fears.:scared:
  49. kovey

kovey

Pharmacy Student
    I agree that the MMI is better than a panel interview. As an admissions officer, I'd definitely prefer to see candidates handle MMI scenarios instead of just talk about themselves. I feel like the panel stuff is easier to prepare for (e.g. canned speeches), but with MMI you either know how to communicate and think critically, or you don't.
  50. kovey

kovey

Pharmacy Student
    As for my averages, I have an 83% overall (not including the high school marks) and a 93 composite, so pretty much the same as the other few people who have posted theirs so far

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal