University of Toronto Pharmacy '2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so happy! This wait has been killing me but I can finally say that I'm a pharmacy student!!!

Members don't see this ad.

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Reactions: 1 user
i got in as well! i'll see you guys in the fall! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I GOT IN TOO! YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I was kinda worried what I would do if I didn't get accepted... BUT THANK THE GODS. Excited to meet you all in September!

OMGGGG I GOT INNNNN OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG THEY WERE SO EARLY

Now to stress over where to get $17,000 from...

Reactions: 2 users
just got my acceptance!!! :D congrats everyone!!! finally!!

I got put on the lower half of the waitlist... :(

I'm praying that there's a small chance I can get in but I dunno...

Congrats to everyone who got in though :)

Last edited:
I got placed on lower half of waitlist. Can someone explain if I have a chance or not? :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm organizing a men's soccer team for 1T8 if anyone is interested! I got rejected to Waterloo so I'm thinking of getting a full nike kit going, contact some sponsors (Rexall, Shopper's etc), and challenge them (Waterloo) if they have a pharmacy team of their own. Other than that, we can register in the intramural leagues and play in odd tournaments here and there

Winner has bragging rights and will truly determine which pharmacy school is better than the other (at least on the pitch). It will be a bitter rivalry i think. We can play on their turf a couple times, and host them on our campus a couple of times throughout the year....

Last edited:
To everyone who got waitlisted, what did the message say exactly?

I'm organizing a men's soccer team for 1T8 if anyone is interested! I got rejected to Waterloo so I'm thinking of getting a full nike kit going, contact some sponsors (Rexall, Shopper's etc), and challenge them (Waterloo) if they have a pharmacy team of their own. Other than that, we can register in the intramural leagues and play in odd tournaments here and there

Winner has bragging rights and will truly determine which pharmacy school is better than the other (at least on the pitch). It will be a bitter rivalry i think. We can play on their turf a couple times, and host them on our campus a couple of times throughout the year....

Hey I am really interested in the idea and would love to join the team, I have been playing some intramural soccer in my undergraduate years so hopefully I am still in shape ><

I'll drop my stats here for comparason,

Accepted at Uof T, rejected pre-interview at Waterloo
3.4 GPA (80 average) have undergraduate degree
99 percentile pcat
Interview: felt really good on 3, average on 5, pretty sure I bombed the last 2

Will be accepting U of T !

definitely interested. It's going down like donkey kong

I'll drop mine as well,
Accepted to U of T, rejected pre-interview at Waterloo
3.35 GPA (78% average) have undergrad degree from Queen's
99 PCAT
Interview: I felt confident afterwards

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Hello everyone! Got into UofT!
My stats are terrible so I'm assuming I did really well on the interview. For those of you who have doubts in yourself (because I know I did for sure) here are my stats:
cGPA: ~76%
Cumulative for PCAT: 88 percentile
Interviews: Not sure how I did in any of them. Just did my best :)

Honestly I had terrible marks including some in the prerequisites, and I'm pretty sure UofT considers marks a lot.

If any of you have questions please feel free to message me! :)

I only applied to UofT, here are my stats (for the curious people applying next year!):
PCAT composite: 92
cGPA ~86%
Interviews: 6/10 (based on feeling)

I also only applied to UFT, just finished my third year from McMaster
PCAT: 96
cGPA: 81%
Interview: I think I did alright on about 8/10

SOOOO excited to meet everyone in September

----- =x

Last edited:
To everyone who got waitlisted, what did the message say exactly?

It just said something along the lines of being placed on upper/lower half of a list of roughly 40 students, and that we would be notified if a spot opened up between now and the start of classes in September.

My heart totally sank when I saw I got put on waitlist :'( I've been placed on waitlist for Michener as well, so the worst-case scenario means I have pretty much nothing to look forward to. It's like almost climbing to the top of a mountain only to slip and fall and just hang there.

It just said something along the lines of being placed on upper/lower half of a list of roughly 40 students, and that we would be notified if a spot opened up between now and the start of classes in September.

My heart totally sank when I saw I got put on waitlist :'( I've been placed on waitlist for Michener as well, so the worst-case scenario means I have pretty much nothing to look forward to. It's like almost climbing to the top of a mountain only to slip and fall and just hang there.

Don't give up! If I get into Waterloo I'm going to choose Waterloo :3
If you've been placed on the wait list you still have a good chance! :D

Don't lose hope...the results just came out and being on the waitlist is much better than a rejection. Keep us posted!

Stats for future students (helped me a bit for my cycle)
GPA: 3.33/4.0 (~77%)
PCAT: 85% comp (90's in bio and chem)
Interview: Didn't feel confident when I came out and was a little discouraged. I even entered the room accidentally at the wrong time lol. TIP: Treat each room as a new start and give each scenario a good thought

Don't give up! If I get into Waterloo I'm going to choose Waterloo :3
If you've been placed on the wait list you still have a good chance! :D

I got put on lower waitlist though, so my chances aren't as high as they would be if I was placed in the upper end.

I've been waiting 2 1/2 months for admission invites, waiting more would probably drive me insane haha. I will keep you guys posted, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yay, accepted! Kind of a pain to deliver the confirmation since I'm in Japan right now...

GPA: 3.74 (~85%)
PCAT: 99%
MMI: Didn't do superbly, but didn't do badly. I'd say 7/10.

The entire time I was paranoid that something would went wrong with my application...

Reactions: 1 users
I got in too, not sure if i'll be accepting the offer though, because I also got into UofT nursing.

Here are my stats for those interested
cGPA: 3.0 (73.8%)
PCAT: 79
Interview: Felt like I did well in 10/10 stations.

Accepted !

cGPA: ~81 ?
PCAT: 97
Interview: I would say 8/10 went well

Yay I've been accepted :)

cGPA = ~ 79%
PCAT = 89
Interview = I would say 8/10 went well

So excited to meet everyone in September!!

Didn't get into pharmacy but congrats to everyone who did!

Thanks for sharing your stats as well :)

Congrats on getting accepted everyone. Seems like everyone has a 90+ pcat :p

Got rejected :(
My stats are cgpa of 3.61 and pcat of 85
Interview, thought I did well on about 6 stations, I either did poorly on the rest or really screwed up.

But im only in second year though, do u guys think that mattered to them? Is there anyone out there in 2nd year who got accepted?
Aaaand congrats to everyone who got accepted

Got rejected :(
My stats are cgpa of 3.61 and pcat of 85
Interview, thought I did well on about 6 stations, I either did poorly on the rest or really screwed up.

But im only in second year though, do u guys think that mattered to them? Is there anyone out there in 2nd year who got accepted?
Aaaand congrats to everyone who got accepted

It doesn't matter what year of uni you're in, every applicant is treated equally. With that said, those stats are pretty competitive, something must have really gone wrong at the interview for you to have gotten rejected outright. That's what I think, at least. :/

I'm in too guys! Excited to meet you all in phrosh week aaaaaahhhh!

I had cgpa of ~83%-84%, pcat 90 and felt moderately confident for the interview.
Had a couple low marks of 60% in calculus, so it's still possible to get in if your grades even out to a nice cgpa (I thought this might interest future applicants, it was a concern for me to have such low grades on my transcript).

To those of you who have received acceptances, how many days (or weeks) do you have to accept your offer? Being someone on the lower end of the waitlist, I doubt I have a chance but a man can dream. Congrats to everyone who have received acceptances! If god willing, I will hopefully see you guys at UofT soon

I'm a second year!

3.86 gpa at mcgill (don't know what percentage that is because we only get letter grades)
99 pcat
and I have no clue how I did in the interview. I suck at talking, but I know I didn't come off sounding like a *******, :unsure:

I just hoped that my grades would carry me through and it did woohoo!

To those of you who have received acceptances, how many days (or weeks) do you have to accept your offer? Being someone on the lower end of the waitlist, I doubt I have a chance but a man can dream. Congrats to everyone who have received acceptances! If god willing, I will hopefully see you guys at UofT soon
We have until June 27 to accept~

Unfortunately, I have been rejected (full, w/o waitlist).
My stats are:

cGPA: 81.69% (4 years)
PCAT: 76 (verbal ability of 18% which really worried me, writing was pretty good at 4.0)
Interview: I thought I did well on at least 7/10.. and thought went relatively well in general.

Any tips on how to improve if I apply again for next year? The only thing I can think of that I could drastically improve is my PCAT score...

P.S., Congratulations to everyone who have made it this year

Unfortunately, I have been rejected (full, w/o waitlist).
My stats are:

cGPA: 81.69% (4 years)
PCAT: 76 (verbal ability of 18% which really worried me, writing was pretty good at 4.0)
Interview: I thought I did well on at least 7/10.. and thought went relatively well in general.

Any tips on how to improve if I apply again for next year? The only thing I can think of that I could drastically improve is my PCAT score...

P.S., Congratulations to everyone who have made it this year

My stats are similar to you.and i didnt get in neither....but i have a D on my transcript. I think that kind ruined the whole picture

Hey everyone, congrats to everyone who got in!!! Can't wait to meet all of you in September!

My stats are:

cGPA: 3.5/4 (undergrad degree completed at UofT)
PCAT composite: 88% (99% in chem and bio)
Interview: felt good about 2, average on 6, and not that great in the other 2 stations

Best of luck to everyone re-applying or on wait-list - Don't give up!!

Also got in!
cGPA: 3.6
PCAT: 97th
Interview: Thought I did well on a couple, okay on most, very poorly on at least two.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Accepted, but not sure if I will be choosing UofT if Waterloo offers me an acceptance.

cGPA: 85% (3 years of undergrad, will be graduating in October)
PCAT Composite: 97 (99 in Biology and 97 in Chemistry)
Interview: Felt really good about 7 stations, the remaining 3 stations were average

Good luck to those waitlisted!

Accepted! Also not sure if I will accept the offer over UBC or UWaterloo (if I get it). But leaning towards UofT, at the moment.

cGPA: 83% (Finished undergrad at UWaterloo in Chemistry)
PCAT Composite: 89
Interview: Felt really good about all the stations accept one.

So I encourage thought who are waitlisted to be hopeful. There are still many people who have been accepted to other pharmacy schools and I hear about alot of people getting acceptances, even when the September semester starts. Good luck!

Anyone knows which program do we choose for OSAP?...there is a PharmD but only 2 years...