University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi everyone!
I just finished my final exam for chm220 and i dont think it went to well at all, but if anything I am 80% sure i passed
With that aside my last thing to do is my PCAT which im taking in January
my current gpa is a 3.38 which im aware is not competitive be any means
If I was to do well on my PCAT (say higher than 80% for all sections) how do chances look for me?
reading through these forums I see stats of people getting in pretty much scattered all over the place (from a cGPA of 2.78 to 3.9)
Is this because the interview is weighted very heavily?

1T9 here.
Don't let your chm220 mark discourage you, as a lot of people who got into pharmacy also did ****.
Getting in definitely is possible if you get >80 on all sections of PCAT. But I wouldn't say 80 is a competitive score. Aim for >90. Use Dr. Collin's to study.
Hope this helps :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would like some input on my stats as well.
Pcat:
VA 68
BIO 81
RC 68
QA 72
CHEM 79
Writing 3.0
Comp 80

Well I guess it's because I go to U of T, no one talks about going to waterloo. Everybody wants to stay here for pharmacy :p

yeah! i feel you! toronto seems more exciting than kitchener anywayy

Members don't see this ad :)
1T9 here.
Don't let your chm220 mark discourage you, as a lot of people who got into pharmacy also did ****.
Getting in definitely is possible if you get >80 on all sections of PCAT. But I wouldn't say 80 is a competitive score. Aim for >90. Use Dr. Collin's to study.
Hope this helps :)

it does help! i just had a really rough first year and scored a 61 on chm138 (orgo) but got a 80 or chm247..im just afraid this chm220 grade is really gonna make me look weak for chem (it has never been my strongest subject) thats why im hoping to score high on the pcat for chem :( but thanks for the input! i appreciate it

Hmmm while a 3.38 isn't anything to write home about, I think it still gives you a decent chance of getting in. Getting that PCAT score would be pretty good and puts you up there in terms of competitiveness. It is hard to gauge what is weighed most heavily because how well one does during interviews is very difficult to gauge.

thanks so much for your input! my grades are an upward trend. 1st year was a really bad year for me but after 1st year all of my grades are in the 76-86 range (but that will for sure change once my chm220 grade gets put in). but i also have 2 semesters that ive only taken 4 courses for (the other half ive taken a full course load of 5) that will be quite a severe disadvantage for me right?when i saw on the application page that they favor those who have taken full course load my heart dropped :( my gpa is already on the low side and now..

I agree that 80% is not really competitive anymore since many others who are applying to U of T are starting to score higher. I think a PCAT of at least 90% is competitive now. Because out of my peers I scored the lowest of 93% which I was happy about but it's still the lowest among the 5-6 people I was with. It's more important for you to get 90+% to compensate for a lower than competitive GPA. after that kill the interviews! :p It's nice to see students come back here after getting accepted and give feedback! Much appreciated!

I was accepted last year (I chose UBC though because I am from BC. Feel free to ask me questions about UBC PharmD as well.)
Here are my stats from last year:

PCAT: (I took it in Jan 2014)
VR 52
Bio 79
RC 45
QA 95
Chem 95

Comp 85
Writing 3.5

GPA 87.9% (2 years undergrad at UBC at the time I applied)

I thought I didn't do well for the interviews (even one interviewer told me that I looked really nervous), but it turned out ok.
For PCAT, I took it in first year and practiced with Dr. Collins for about 2 weeks during the winter break.
For the MMI, I read Doing Right and other MMI interview books, but I also practiced with other students. I definitely found practicing with a current pharmacy student helpful because they know the right way to approach the questions and give you more perspectives.

I'm sure most of the 1T9s are relieved after finishing 8 finals morning! As you guys noticed, alot of applicants score high on the PCAT, so the variability comes from the interviews this Spring.
I prepped for my MMIs by watching youtube videos and going through questions online to get a feel for the types of questions and thought processes required to answer them. A lot of it though, also stems from your own background and experiences. I heard that one of the most important things was to smile and be natural (I was sick and almost had no voice on the day of my interview so it does help :)

Hey guys. I'm doing my PCAT in January and I just had a quick question. For Ontario residents, would your health card count as primary government issued ID because it had my pic and signature on it. I didn't get my licence yet so I can't show that and my passport's expired...Any help from people that have already done the test is greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys. I'm doing my PCAT in January and I just had a quick question. For Ontario residents, would your health card count as primary government issued ID because it had my pic and signature on it. I didn't get my licence yet so I can't show that and my passport's expired...Any help from people that have already done the test is greatly appreciated :)
Health card is fine. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

How did u guys study for the quantitative ability section? I've seen a lot of great stats from people but I just did the pearson practice test and the math section was where I had the most trouble. Kaplan didn't go into a lot of detail for math so I'm looking for other resources. My pcat is in 4 days so I need advice ASAP.

Hey guys. I just had a quick question about the secondary id. It says that a library card is okay but for Toronto Public Library they don't have your name printed, you only sign at the back. If anyone did their pcat at the St clair pearson vue center using the library card, please let me know how it went. Were they very anal about checking very thing or was it just a glance type thing?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm currently in my 4th year of undergrad and trying to raise my GPA as much as possible before I apply next November. I'm currently taking only first and second year courses this semester (took first, second, third and fourth year courses last semester). Do you think this looks bad for me in the eyes of the admissions committee or will they not care since all you really need anyway is a minimum of 2 years of undergrad to apply? Will this be a red flag for me since I'm in 4th year? I'm just trying to bring up my GPA as much as possible lol.

Thanks for any responses!

I'm currently in my 4th year of undergrad and trying to raise my GPA as much as possible before I apply next November. I'm currently taking only first and second year courses this semester (took first, second, third and fourth year courses last semester). Do you think this looks bad for me in the eyes of the admissions committee or will they not care since all you really need anyway is a minimum of 2 years of undergrad to apply? Will this be a red flag for me since I'm in 4th year? I'm just trying to bring up my GPA as much as possible lol.

Thanks for any responses!
As long as you have met all the academic requirements and have taken the specified courses, personally I don't think they will mind. I would imagine that a red flag would be more like someone repeating failed courses, etc...whatever else you take shouldn't matter since they look at your overall GPA. PCAT and MMI also play a big role in their final decision :) Hope this helps!

As long as you have met all the academic requirements and have taken the specified courses, personally I don't think they will mind. I would imagine that a red flag would be more like someone repeating failed courses, etc...whatever else you take shouldn't matter since they look at your overall GPA. PCAT and MMI also play a big role in their final decision :) Hope this helps!

Yeah that's a good point, overall GPA is just 1/3 of it and I think raising my overall GPA is more important than what level the courses are. Thanks so much for the response I really appreciate it :)

so i just took my pcat today and here are my scores.
VA: 94
Bio: 99
RC: 97
QA: 98
Chem: 98
comp: 99
(dr collins <3)

BUT my gpa is around 3.4-3.5 ish and there were 3 semesters out of 6 where im taking 4 courses instead of the full course load of 5 (once i finish my 3 years of undergrad at u of t)
i have pretty low scores in my first year though.
do you guys have any more tips for the interview? i dont want that to be the thing (along with my low gpa) from keeping me from getting in to pharm :(

so i just took my pcat today and here are my scores.
(dr collins <3)

BUT my gpa is around 3.4-3.5 ish and there were 3 semesters out of 6 where im taking 4 courses instead of the full course load of 5 (once i finish my 3 years of undergrad at u of t)
i have pretty low scores in my first year though.
do you guys have any more tips for the interview? i dont want that to be the thing (along with my low gpa) from keeping me from getting in to pharm :(
They say that you can't really prepare for it, which is true I guess, because the MMI represents a culmination of your personal experiences and level of comfort thinking on your feet. But, I found it helpful to search up the types of questions and thought processes they may require (online, youtube, etc...). Get a friend to help you try out some questions. Remember to be natural, confident, and SMILE :)

Hey guys, 1st time U of T applicant here. Just wrote the PCAT for the first time on Tuesday, managed to do well minus missing 7 minutes of RC due to not being able to keep track of time lol.

Verbal 87
Bio 99
Chem 99
RC 53
QA 95
Comp 98

Writing - probably a 4?

GPA 3.82 (87%)

How is everyone practicing for the MMIs? I just ordered a book off amazon and hopefully will practice with a few friends who are also applying, with some guidance from a current student.

Hey guys, 1st time U of T applicant here. Just wrote the PCAT for the first time on Tuesday, managed to do well minus missing 7 minutes of RC due to not being able to keep track of time lol.

Verbal 87
Bio 99
Chem 99
RC 53
QA 95
Comp 98

Writing - probably a 4?

GPA 3.82 (87%)

How is everyone practicing for the MMIs? I just ordered a book off amazon and hopefully will practice with a few friends who are also applying, with some guidance from a current student.

Wow amazing PCAT score. What did you use to prepare for it? I have Dr. Collins and Kaplan right now and I'm wondering if that will be enough. Also, how long did you prepare for it?

They say that you can't really prepare for it, which is true I guess, because the MMI represents a culmination of your personal experiences and level of comfort thinking on your feet. But, I found it helpful to search up the types of questions and thought processes they may require (online, youtube, etc...). Get a friend to help you try out some questions. Remember to be natural, confident, and SMILE :)

You can definitely prepare for it. Put the same amount of time and effort as it took to get that 99% composite, you'll definitely do better in your MMI than if you didn't prepare at all. It's just different to what we're used to as students, which is just studying.

Wow amazing PCAT score. What did you use to prepare for it? I have Dr. Collins and Kaplan right now and I'm wondering if that will be enough. Also, how long did you prepare for it?

Thank you! I started studying December 15th (3 weeks). I started out just like 2-3 hours a day to get into the swing of things but moved into about 6-8 hours for the last 2 weeks. (Days off for family Christmas and stuff but studying whenever I could).

I mainly used Kaplan. I found that it was more than enough for bio and was a good start for chem, orgo and QA. For reading comp I used ExamKrackers Verbal 101 and would highly recommend it. I was scoring really well in practice RC sections, and feel like I would have scored well had I not gone way over time on my break. My friend gave me his Dr. Collins about a week prior to my PCAT so I used that for chem and QA to solidify everything. I found the practice tests that Collins gave were extremely similar to the real PCAT. Bought the 3 full length official PCATs and found that was the best to get a mental clock of how fast you need to be. It all depends on the kind of questions you see on test day tho, I finished bio with 12 minutes left, but didn't even finish QA, had to guess 3-4 questions. I didn't really study verbal, except I used some quizlet flash cards and memorized a Dr. Collins word list that I found online. A few of the words showed up on the exam. Found the real test for VA was the easiest I had seen, maybe just got lucky with words that I knew? Who knows. Just a heads up, I found that there were some really random things in bio, that you would never have studied, but could possibly know from a microbiology course or something. The official practice PCATs were eye opening in that sense. This may sound stupid but I was most worried about the writing section, and the chance that I could get some obscure passage that I would freeze on, but luckily got something I was familiar with/had read up on. For that I would just suggest reading up on some current events .. And try and keep some specifics tucked away just in case.. For example I went into the exam knowing the American national debt number, and Ebola specifics etc..

Just bought "Multiple Mini Interview for the Mind" - Kevyn To ... Hoping that gives me a good start to prep for the interview.

Thank you! I started studying December 15th (3 weeks). I started out just like 2-3 hours a day to get into the swing of things but moved into about 6-8 hours for the last 2 weeks. (Days off for family Christmas and stuff but studying whenever I could).

I mainly used Kaplan. I found that it was more than enough for bio and was a good start for chem, orgo and QA. For reading comp I used ExamKrackers Verbal 101 and would highly recommend it. I was scoring really well in practice RC sections, and feel like I would have scored well had I not gone way over time on my break. My friend gave me his Dr. Collins about a week prior to my PCAT so I used that for chem and QA to solidify everything. I found the practice tests that Collins gave were extremely similar to the real PCAT. Bought the 3 full length official PCATs and found that was the best to get a mental clock of how fast you need to be. It all depends on the kind of questions you see on test day tho, I finished bio with 12 minutes left, but didn't even finish QA, had to guess 3-4 questions. I didn't really study verbal, except I used some quizlet flash cards and memorized a Dr. Collins word list that I found online. A few of the words showed up on the exam. Found the real test for VA was the easiest I had seen, maybe just got lucky with words that I knew? Who knows. Just a heads up, I found that there were some really random things in bio, that you would never have studied, but could possibly know from a microbiology course or something. The official practice PCATs were eye opening in that sense. This may sound stupid but I was most worried about the writing section, and the chance that I could get some obscure passage that I would freeze on, but luckily got something I was familiar with/had read up on. For that I would just suggest reading up on some current events .. And try and keep some specifics tucked away just in case.. For example I went into the exam knowing the American national debt number, and Ebola specifics etc..

Just bought "Multiple Mini Interview for the Mind" - Kevyn To ... Hoping that gives me a good start to prep for the interview.

Thanks for the recommend, will also give this book a shot.

Read the reviews, kinda feel that some are fake. But, $30 is worth it if somehow this book helps me do even slightly better on the actual MMI.

Hey guys! 1T9 here and I thought I would give you some tips and what I got accepted with!

PCAT
Bio: 97
Verbal: 52
RC: 56
Quant: 95
Chem: 99
Comp: 95
Writing: 4

cGPA: ~3.7 ( 2 years of Undergrad @McMaster)

MMIs: Its really hard to tell here but I thought I bombed 2 stations, really well in 2 and the rest were okay.

Tips for PCAT:
Materials used: Dr.Collins, 3 Pearson Practice Tests, Kaplan Textbook, EK MCAT Verbal 101 Passages
I wrote the PCAT in January and studied for 2 weeks after December Exams

Studying for Biology
Dr. Collins covers practically all the topics for biology except a few which I will touch upon. However the study guides (collins) cover only 40% and the remaining 60% come from the practice tests themselves so you must go through the tests multiple times and understand all the terms tossed at you. You must know A) B) C) D) for every question and not just the answer itself. Also go through the solutions to get a full grasp of everything you need to know and read your old undergrad notes if you ever need a better explanation or simply go on google. As for diseases which is a new section since last year, I advise you remember and know very very briefly about all the diseases that are mentioned in all the biology practice tests. These are all common diseases that do reappear on your exam so highlight them when you come across these terms. As for the rest of the stuff collins doesn't cover, I suggest you open up the Kaplan book to go through 5 more sections. This includes: auditory system, visual system, renal system, endocrine system, and embryology. In general, you should patch up on human physiology sections if you have not already taken human physiology in undergrad. Also I suggest you read up on 5 types of major drugs just off wikipedia: antihypertensives, antibiotics, diabetic drugs, anticholesterols, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (such as sertraline)

Studying for Chemistry
DR.COLLINS. THATS IT. 100% everything there and same level of difficulty and same type of questions. Dr. Collins couldn't have made it better. Very basic biochemistry, thermochemistry and organic chemistry so don't worry too much. Mainly high school level. You do not need to refer to any other resources to prepare for chemistry. For organic chemistry, its not as tough as people say it to be, very straightforward stuff and everything is laid out in the study guides and also in the practice tests. As long as you are able to recognize certain patterns in organic chemistry you will be fine.

Studying for Quantitative
Basic high school grade 12 stuff and a little bit of integration. Trigonometry is also included in the exam. Hardest parts probably doing rates and finding maximum and minimum with time restrictions. The only statistics questions is finding quartiles, mean, median, and using z score equation. You may have learned multiple equations for z score but just know that one equation that is provided in the study guide. The test allotted for quantitative is 40 minutes and it will take 40 minutes just because some questions are very tedious and is time consuming. You may be asked to find the average of 8 numbers or find the 3rd quartile of 21 numbers. Of course, to save time you must use approximate numbers instead of fractions. For instance, multiply with 4 instead of 3.84 and simply pick the answer closest to the answer you got. Also quantitative tests may vary in terms of difficulty. I personally had a very difficult test but my friend had a very easy quantitative test. What I am trying to say here is that you should not panic. Even though I felt like I got about 10+ questions wrong, I still did well because each question is weighted. A difficult test will mean that you can sacrifice more errors than others who may have an easy test.

Studying for Verbal (ONLY DR COLLINS has a comprehensive list of words and analogies thus it is so awesome!) Remember that since your grade is comparative to others who write the exam, by having Dr. Collins package and having words and analogies that reappear year after year, it helps out a lot by giving you an advantage. Even knowing a couple more words than everyone else will be very beneficial and will separate you from someone else. The extra few questions will distinguish if you are going to achieve a 90 versus a 70. You must memorize all the provided words and analogies provided in the Dr. Collins package. If you have spare time then and only then do I suggest you go on google and search MCAT, GRE word lists for more words. You can also go onto Dictionary.com (http://Dictionary.com) and use their dynamo app and search up PCAT word lists too. The lists provided by Dr. Collins is essential and nearly always reappear.

Studying for Reading (MOST DIFFICULT)
I would recommend using MCAT Verbal (CARS) prep books I found them the most useful. Try to maybe do 2-3 passages a day and you will see gradual improvements. Make sure you allot the time correctly for the actual PCAT because I remember I had maybe 1 minute to do the last 5 questions lol.

Studying for Essay
Come up with a structural approach. Intro + Body + Conclusion. For the body always approach it with a list of perspectives: health care, educational, political, environmental perspectives just as an example. I tell you this because all PCAT essay questions are always "here's a societal problem suggest some solutions". For that reason you should always write 3 body paragraphs with those perspectives in mind. Aside you got 30 minutes and it's typed out so it isn't too time restrictive.

Tips for MMIs:
Once again not really much here except just google up MMI questions and do mock interviews with a friend who is also applying. Just go in and be confident!

General Tips for UofT:
You must have good scores in either 2 out of the 3 things to be competitive: GPA, PCAT or MMIs, as they are weighted 1/3 each for final acceptances. They are not primarily concerned about your extracurricular activities (unfortunately, but your opinion may depend how you think about it). U of T their application does not ask for any personal responses whereas Waterloo does and tries to understand your reasoning behind applying to pharmacy.

Cheers guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! 1T9 here and I thought I would give you some tips and what I got accepted with!

PCAT

MMIs: Its really hard to tell here but I thought I bombed 2 stations, really well in 2 and the rest were okay.

Tips for PCAT:
Materials used: Dr.Collins, 3 Pearson Practice Tests, Kaplan Textbook, EK MCAT Verbal 101 Passages

Studying for Biology
Dr. Collins covers practically all the topics for biology except a few which I will touch upon. However the study guides (collins) cover only 40% and the remaining 60% come from the practice tests themselves so you must go through the tests multiple times and understand all the terms tossed at you. You must know A) B) C) D) for every question and not just the answer itself. Also go through the solutions to get a full grasp of everything you need to know and read your old undergrad notes if you ever need a better explanation or simply go on google. As for diseases which is a new section since last year, I advise you remember and know very very briefly about all the diseases that are mentioned in all the biology practice tests. These are all common diseases that do reappear on your exam so highlight them when you come across these terms. As for the rest of the stuff collins doesn't cover, I suggest you open up the Kaplan book to go through 5 more sections. This includes: auditory system, visual system, renal system, endocrine system, and embryology. In general, you should patch up on human physiology sections if you have not already taken human physiology in undergrad. Also I suggest you read up on 5 types of major drugs just off wikipedia: antihypertensives, antibiotics, diabetic drugs, anticholesterols, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (such as sertraline)

Studying for Chemistry
DR.COLLINS. THATS IT. 100% everything there and same level of difficulty and same type of questions. Dr. Collins couldn't have made it better. Very basic biochemistry, thermochemistry and organic chemistry so don't worry too much. Mainly high school level. You do not need to refer to any other resources to prepare for chemistry. For organic chemistry, its not as tough as people say it to be, very straightforward stuff and everything is laid out in the study guides and also in the practice tests. As long as you are able to recognize certain patterns in organic chemistry you will be fine.

Basic high school grade 12 stuff and a little bit of integration. Trigonometry is also included in the exam. Hardest parts probably doing rates and finding maximum and minimum with time restrictions. The only statistics questions is finding quartiles, mean, median, and using z score equation. You may have learned multiple equations for z score but just know that one equation that is provided in the study guide. The test allotted for quantitative is 40 minutes and it will take 40 minutes just because some questions are very tedious and is time consuming. You may be asked to find the average of 8 numbers or find the 3rd quartile of 21 numbers. Of course, to save time you must use approximate numbers instead of fractions. For instance, multiply with 4 instead of 3.84 and simply pick the answer closest to the answer you got. Also quantitative tests may vary in terms of difficulty. I personally had a very difficult test but my friend had a very easy quantitative test. What I am trying to say here is that you should not panic. Even though I felt like I got about 10+ questions wrong, I still did well because each question is weighted. A difficult test will mean that you can sacrifice more errors than others who may have an easy test.

Studying for Verbal (ONLY DR COLLINS has a comprehensive list of words and analogies thus it is so awesome!) Remember that since your grade is comparative to others who write the exam, by having Dr. Collins package and having words and analogies that reappear year after year, it helps out a lot by giving you an advantage. Even knowing a couple more words than everyone else will be very beneficial and will separate you from someone else. The extra few questions will distinguish if you are going to achieve a 90 versus a 70. You must memorize all the provided words and analogies provided in the Dr. Collins package. If you have spare time then and only then do I suggest you go on google and search MCAT, GRE word lists for more words. You can also go onto Dictionary.com (http://Dictionary.com) and use their dynamo app and search up PCAT word lists too. The lists provided by Dr. Collins is essential and nearly always reappear.

I would recommend using MCAT Verbal (CARS) prep books I found them the most useful. Try to maybe do 2-3 passages a day and you will see gradual improvements. Make sure you allot the time correctly for the actual PCAT because I remember I had maybe 1 minute to do the last 5 questions lol.

Studying for Essay
Come up with a structural approach. Intro + Body + Conclusion. For the body always approach it with a list of perspectives: health care, educational, political, environmental perspectives just as an example. I tell you this because all PCAT essay questions are always "here's a societal problem suggest some solutions". For that reason you should always write 3 body paragraphs with those perspectives in mind. Aside you got 30 minutes and it's typed out so it isn't too time restrictive.

Tips for MMIs:
Once again not really much here except just google up MMI questions and do mock interviews with a friend who is also applying. Just go in and be confident!

General Tips for UofT:
You must have good scores in either 2 out of the 3 things to be competitive: GPA, PCAT or MMIs, as they are weighted 1/3 each for final acceptances. They are not primarily concerned about your extracurricular activities (unfortunately, but your opinion may depend how you think about it). U of T their application does not ask for any personal responses whereas Waterloo does and tries to understand your reasoning behind applying to pharmacy.

Cheers guys!

As a respectable PharmD, I 100% agree with sopharmd

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the recommend, will also give this book a shot.

Read the reviews, kinda feel that some are fake. But, $30 is worth it if somehow this book helps me do even slightly better on the actual MMI.
I'm about 60 pages deep, just reading for leisure before bed. There's been a few things already that I never would have thought of so no regrets so far. Think I may need to invest in some sort of ethics book too.

Hey guys. Just did my PCAT today and here r my stats:
VA: 82
Bio:74
Reading Comp: 93
QA: 93
Chem: 85

Composite was 92 and my cGPA is 3.62.

What do u guys think?? Is it competitive enough?

Last edited:
I'm just wondering, we were assigned an applicant ID with the submission of the online application. the ID is 2016XXXX, does the XXXX part indicates how many people have applied so far this year?

Hey guys! I'm applying this year,
gpa - 3.7 & pcat 84
what are my chances of getting in? thanks!

Hey guys. Just did my PCAT today and here r my stats:
VA: 82
Bio:74
Reading Comp: 93
QA: 93
Chem: 85

Composite was 92 and my cGPA is 3.62.

What do u guys think?? Is it competitive enough?
Seems good to me. If you don't completely bomb the interviews it should be fine

Hey guys! I'm applying this year,
gpa - 3.7 & pcat 84
what are my chances of getting in? thanks!
Also pretty good just don't be too nervous about the interviews and you should be fine

Hi everyone! Good job on achieving such high scores! I would like some insight on my scores... I took my PCAT Sept 2015.

VA: 52
Bio: 89
RC: 27
QA: 95
Writing: 3.5
Composite 89 and a GPA of 75%.

I also have a couple of C's in my first two years but I was able to obtain all A's in third year and working on maintaining A's in my 4th year right now :) I really would love to get into UofT! What do you guys think? Thanks :)

Hi everyone! Good job on achieving such high scores! I would like some insight on my scores... I took my PCAT Sept 2015.

I also have a couple of C's in my first two years but I was able to obtain all A's in third year and working on maintaining A's in my 4th year right now :) I really would love to get into UofT! What do you guys think? Thanks :)

i posted my stats a few posts above but i feel like im on a similar boat as you..but im working on my third year right now and my PCAT is a bit higher. But like you i have around a 3.4 gpa and a C in my first year. I feel like (at least i hope) a strong interview will help up our chances. i dont have too much insight on PCAT scores but it seems like you did very well in chem and math! if your Cs were from a math or chem class that might ease their worries that youre weak in a subject a bit.

The median GPA of those who get in is A- I think 80-82 I don't remember the actual number, it's on the FAQ on the pharm website. As for PCAT, I don't know, I'd assume that would be the average for those who get in??? I have no idea tbh. But the main point of this is it all depends on your interview. If you do a great job, you'll surely get in. So practice!!

Hello all!
Do you guys know if there is any way to find out whether or not U of T has received transcript(s) - other than emailing or call them about it...?
I remember reading it somewhere that asking them that kind of question would delay their application process or sth...There is no status section about transcripts (other than online entry) on their application webpage either... Any idea?! Thanks!

Seems pretty competitive to me.

I'm wondering if anyone who has a little insight or experience with pharmD admissions could provide me with some advice. My stats are as follows:

PCAT
Bio 99
Chem 99
VA 91
RC 49
QA 93
Comp 99

My cumulative average is approximately 81% and I'm in my final year of undergrad. However, what I'm worried about is that I have a few extremely poor grades on my transcript (fails) and I'm wondering if this would significantly decrease my chances of being accepted. These grades are not in any of the perquisite courses (I have A's in all of the prereqs) however they are in biology courses. I'm wondering if I still have a decent shot at being accepted?

PCAT

Tips for PCAT:

Studying for Biology

Studying for Chemistry

Studying for Essay

Tips for MMIs:

General Tips for UofT:

Cheers guys!

wow, thank you for all these awesome tips.
I'm just wondering what average or what gpa is considered a relatively good score? I messed up in two of my courses which lowered my GPA by a lot and I'm really worried right now.
Can someone maybe give me some hints about this? Thank you so much!

wow, thank you for all these awesome tips.
I'm just wondering what average or what gpa is considered a relatively good score? I messed up in two of my courses which lowered my GPA by a lot and I'm really worried right now.
Can someone maybe give me some hints about this? Thank you so much!

As long as your overall application is strong or competitive, don't stress too much about individual courses. My first year chem mark was 66 and first year calculus was 60 and I still got in. Keep in mind that I completed my undergrad and my GPA went up significantly in the subsequent years.

Hi Guys!

I got accepted this year; any questions feel free to let me know.
Here are my PCAT scores:
Verbal: 49
Reading: 78
Bio:99
Quant: 99
Comp: 99
Essay 3.5

I used Dr. Collins, Kaplan, and Pearson Practice tests to study. I spent 4 weeks to study.
MMI interview was mostly okay. One station was stellar. Rest of the stations were okay. Two stations were bad.

I got in after 2nd year undergrad. Total average was around 88. In my first year undergrad, I did full course load. In my second year undergrad, I also did a full course load but I CR/NCR 2 courses. I believe now they tell you that if you CR/NCR a course, they will take that as 50%. So don't CR/NCR a course unless you absolutely have to.

To the people from U of T who are taking CHM220, I know someone who got around high 60s in CHM220. They got into pharmacy. So don't worry too much if you get a low mark in CHM220. Just make sure you have a killer PCAT and MMI!

All the best! :)

I thought my PCAT was good above 90 comp. Wow. Impressive

another 1T9 checking in to answer question about application process, chances, interview tips (can practice with me if i find the time).

another 1T9 checking in to answer question about application process, chances, interview tips (can practice with me if i find the time).
How much spare time do you have while in school? For example, 5 courses first year undergrad. I had good grades and fairly a lot of spare time. I know you have to take a lot of courses and not the typical 5 in pharm. So I was wondering how busy are you? And how much time to have good grades. Also, is it still important to have good grades?? Now that you are already in the program.

Asking because I may need to work part time.

this is a repost from my older posts and i was wondering if you have any input on my chances?

BUT my gpa is around 3.4 ish and there were 3 semesters out of 6 where im taking 4 courses instead of the full course load of 5 (once i finish my 3 years of undergrad at u of t)
i have pretty low scores in my first year though. (one 60 in orgo and the rest low to high 70s, some 82's)

How much spare time do you have while in school? For example, 5 courses first year undergrad. I had good grades and fairly a lot of spare time. I know you have to take a lot of courses and not the typical 5 in pharm. So I was wondering how busy are you? And how much time to have good grades. Also, is it still important to have good grades?? Now that you are already in the program.

Asking because I may need to work part time.

I'm in an accelerated 3 year program. While they don't actually let you have a part time job there is actually a lot of free time. I spend about 25 hours in class and another 20 hours a week studying so that is only 45 hours a week. I have time to lift weights. Anyone that tells you that you won't have time is full of it. I know people in surgery residencies working 60-70 hours a week that still have time to go to the gym and read. Now if you pay for cable or a tv and you like watching movies/shows that will take up a lot of your time.

Hello all!
Do you guys know if there is any way to find out whether or not U of T has received transcript(s) - other than emailing or call them about it...?
I remember reading it somewhere that asking them that kind of question would delay their application process or sth...There is no status section about transcripts (other than online entry) on their application webpage either... Any idea?! Thanks!
I have been wondering the same thing as well. I thought I read (in one of the emails that were sent out) that they will notify you of any outstanding documentation.. Don't quote me on this though, I'm not 100% sure :wideyed:

Final marks are out for the January PCAT sitting! The countdown for March 11 begins. Good luck everyone!

Hi guys, I've applied for this fall and I'm discouraged about my GPA. Wondering if my chances of admission are any good. I'm in my fourth year in the honours chemistry program at McGill.

cGPA: 3.27
PCAT:
VA: 74
Bio: 95
RC: 53
QA: 82
Composite: 95
Writing: 4.0

Thanks guys. I chose the wrong major for undergrad and it really killed my grades.

another 1t9 here, do you guys have to give a reference this year?