University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
gentlemen... was playing around with links on the uoft site and stumbled upon this "Minimum PCAT score requirements for 2016" : https://pharmsis.phm.utoronto.ca/uploadDir/Notice #6_PCAT Info 2016.pdf

not entirely sure the legitimacy to this but just thought i'd share this with you guys!

EDIT: and here is the link to interview decision: https://applicant.phm.utoronto.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=WspInterviewDecisionResult.showIntDecision

It seems that they have just uploaded the documents but havent displayed the links yet.

Again, all assumptions and should be taken with just a grain of salt.

How did you do this? Awesome!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Any book recommendations?

I used: MMI Questions book, and MMI for the Mind by Kevyn To

I just took out whatever MMI books were available at my school library (I went to undergrad at Waterloo)

Hi, i'm a current 1T9. I can bring it to the attention of the 1T9 class council to host a mock MMI for you guys if possible. Stay tuned. If it happens ill post the facebook event in this thread!
Yes please!!! Can you send me the link to which Facebook event you are referring to?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just clicked the link again and they changed the date and time for the interview! Ended up making the interview more than a month earlier than scheduled! I think the invitations are not finalized yet... However, I don't think they'll take away an interview invite if they gave us one originally haha

https://applicant.phm.utoronto.ca/index.cfm?fuseaction=WspInterviewDecisionResult.showIntDecision

hey guys is this link legitimate?

I got an interview invite but I was definitely sure that I would not get an invite since my GPA is so low and my PCAT score is average :(

I am happy if this link is real but I don't want to get my hopes up.
Pretty sure it's real. They release it on the web just don't give us access to it until later when they're ready.

You would be invited to an interview as long as you met the minimum requirements in PCAT and you meet the minimum requirement for GPA.

Good luck on the MMI

just updated again and said no interview decision... is anyone having the same problem?

ok so it updated again and they changed the date for a third time after saying "no interview decision yet" lol... so these decisions are not finalized so make sure you all check one last time when they post official responses

How did you do this? Awesome!!!

I'm honestly just a guy who has way too much time on his hands....

ok so it updated again and they changed the date for a third time after saying "no interview decision yet" lol... so these decisions are not finalized so make sure you all check one last time when they post official responses

Good eye; they just changed the interview time on mine as well... *sigh* oh well...I'm just relieved that I barely made the RC cutoffs (got a 27 in RC LOL...) and received an interview invite :).

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I was wondering if someone can give me some information about the format of the interview. I know it is in MMI style, but are there a lot of acting scenarios where you have an actor acting the situation or is it mostly the normal situations where you go talk about how would tackle a problem? Is a good balance of both?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I am a first year applying!
1) I was wondering what harder pre req courses for pharmd would be both managable and easier/better to take over the summer? I heard BCH210, I heard STA220 at UTSC, and CHM220. Was wondering for example if I took both CHM220 and BCH210 would i suffer?
2)Was also wondering if pharmd looks at marks of your specific pre req courses, or simply sees your cGPA(competitve in relativity to others) and then moves on to placing value to your PCAT and interviews?
3)Also, is it okay if I take 2 or 3 0.5 credits of first year courses in second year?(I am taking a full course load)Will I face trouble for it?
4) I kind of screwed up and am going to end up with a 3.3 gpa, which is kind of on the dot of what they said to be competitive( a 77%) on their site. I was wondering, if I manage to take more then 6.0 first year credits, and make my math course(which is not a pre-req for second year programs at uoft like global health for example) an extra, would my cgpa for pharmd still allow my math course to count as extra and hence not placed into the cgpa calculation, or would it still count?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can give me some information about the format of the interview. I know it is in MMI style, but are there a lot of acting scenarios where you have an actor acting the situation or is it mostly the normal situations where you go talk about how would tackle a problem? Is a good balance of both?

Thanks!
there's only one acting station. most other ones are Q/A format with follow up questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
how is everyone preparing for the interview?

anyone from T19 care to share any tips/suggestions?

really appreciate it :)

are they typical questions such as: what make you a good leader and what are good qualities of a pharmacist? etc.... or are they more scenario types?

there are lots of questions / situations they can ask you and those dont seem like the type of questions they'd ask either

Minimum PCAT score requirements for 2016 has been posted on the Applicant website

Odd how the link posted earlier on this site had verbal and reading at 25 :/
Still great news for those who had scores in the 20-24 range :) I barely made it with a 29 in reading LOL

Thanks for posting the link to the interview decision! Was wondering what was going on with the link missing on the notifications page after they posted today's notice.

I applied last year and didn't get in. Based on what I've read from the previous years threads and this one, lots of people with over 90% comp on the PCAT get in - something that is resonating very badly with me. I rewrote my PCAT and raised it from a 84% composite to:
VR 52
BIO 91
RC 47 (worse than year before)
QA 82
CHEM 98
COMP 88%
I also have a 74.9% average in my four year undergrad.

Just wondering if anyone on this thread who was accepted last year know many classmates that got in with similar PCAT/cGPAs to mine?

To add to this, I feel I did well on my interview last year, so it has left me somewhat uneasy about approaching the interview this year with confidence.

They posted the interview decision on the Applicant website

I applied last year and didn't get in. Based on what I've read from the previous years threads and this one, lots of people with over 90% comp on the PCAT get in - something that is resonating very badly with me. I rewrote my PCAT and raised it from a 84% composite to:
VR 52
BIO 91
QA 82
CHEM 98
COMP 88%

Just wondering if anyone on this thread who was accepted last year know many classmates that got in with similar PCAT/cGPAs to mine?

To add to this, I feel I did well on my interview last year, so it has left me somewhat uneasy about approaching the interview this year with confidence.

hey thats a pretty good pcat score :)

if you dont mind sharing, how did you prep for the interview and how was your experience like?

I used: MMI Questions book, and MMI for the Mind by Kevyn To

I just took out whatever MMI books were available at my school library (I went to undergrad at Waterloo)
I just got that book...and it's so overpriced for what it is sigh.

In the notifications it says that 80 percent of 730 applicants met the required pcat scores so r they all invited to the interview? Because that's 584 students and there's only 240 spaces so the interviews are going to weigh a lot on our applications

In the notifications it says that 80 percent of 730 applicants met the required pcat scores so r they all invited to the interview? Because that's 584 students and there's only 240 spaces so the interviews are going to weigh a lot on our applications
the raise the PCAT cut off for admission as well i believe

I heard from one of the TSL teachers who was in charge of admissions say that it's 1/3 : 1/3 : 1/3 so even after the interview your PCAT and GPA still matter. I'm not sure if it still holds true though...anyhow, does anyone know how to prepare for the interview? I'm really super nervous because I'm really bad at face-to-face communication...hopefully they will look at my grades more...

VR 52
BIO 91
QA 82
CHEM 98
COMP 88%

i know people with similar stats in 1T9. not sure if they got off the waitlist or straight up tbh. the interview matters more so than anything else.

yes, we also had just under 600 people interview last year for 240 spots and a couple more for wait list.

Can anyone give some input on my chances?

cGPA: 81.2% (I'm in my 3rd year studying in UofT)
PCAT:
Verbal 23 (I know its just right above the cut-off)
Bio 89
RC 41
QA 95
Chem 97
Comp 84

I had a full course load during my 2nd year.
This is my 1st time applying and I need some input on my results. Thanks so much!!

Can anyone give some input on my chances?

cGPA: 81.2% (I'm in my 3rd year studying in UofT)
PCAT:
Verbal 23 (I know its just right above the cut-off)
Bio 89
RC 41
QA 95
Chem 97
Comp 84

I had a full course load during my 2nd year.
This is my 1st time applying and I need some input on my results. Thanks so much!!

gpa competitive based on FAQ info
PCAT idk, I'd assume it's above average
interview > depends on you, biggest factor that's left.
overall, you seem strong. do well on the interview, and you'll likely be @ u of t pharm for the next 4 years :D

yes, we also had just under 600 people interview last year for 240 spots and a couple more for wait list.
can you please let me know if you guys will host a mock MMI session for us?! It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could!

can you please let me know if you guys will host a mock MMI session for us?! It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could!

to be honest it's not likely. school's busy and there are council election soon to happen. hard to fathom anything being done until after exams finishes in late April, BUT who knows.

Oh that's too bad! Thank you for the consideration though, please let us know if anything changes.

Also, I seem to be a little confused about the interview structure. Is it both acting out scenarios and typical pharmacy questions? Could you give us any sort of guidance in order to help us be better prepared?

Oh that's too bad! Thank you for the consideration though, please let us know if anything changes.

Also, I seem to be a little confused about the interview structure. Is it both acting out scenarios and typical pharmacy questions? Could you give us any sort of guidance in order to help us be better prepared?

so the mock MMI is def not gonna happen... questions you can expect can be anything... like... pick a book you like and justify why you like it with add on questions

Anyone have an interview May 7th?
I've never done a MMI before so it's kind of nerve wracking haha. I also interviewed with UMich and the interview there was a typical sit-down, ask you all the personal life choice questions type interview.

Anyone have an interview May 7th?
I've never done a MMI before so it's kind of nerve wracking haha. I also interviewed with UMich and the interview there was a typical sit-down, ask you all the personal life choice questions type interview.
My interview is on May 7th as well

Hi all!

I got an interview for U of T for April 2nd, at 3:45pm! :) is anyone interested in getting together to practice for the MMI together? We can practice role playing, verbal instructions, and debate topics!

Hi all!

I got an interview for U of T for April 2nd, at 3:45pm! :) is anyone interested in getting together to practice for the MMI together? We can practice role playing, verbal instructions, and debate topics!

Exact same time slot. Where do you live?

I'm interviewing on April 2nd too. Flying in from Vancouver for it ... airplane tickets are crazy expensive T-T

I'd have gone for the May interview but that's only a few days after UBC's and if I get an interview there I don't want to do them back to back LOL

I'll see some of you there o:

HI, I've booked a room at Gernstein 105 A 4-6 pm for some MMI practice with you young fellas. I have one onboard so far (saeghe2000). I can take on one more person. First reply first serve?

I'm interviewing on April 2nd too. Flying in from Vancouver for it ... airplane tickets are crazy expensive T-T

I'd have gone for the May interview but that's only a few days after UBC's and if I get an interview there I don't want to do them back to back LOL

I'll see some of you there o:

I'm from Vancouver too although mine's May 7th. How are you prepping for it, and would you be interested in practicing together?

HI, I've booked a room at Gernstein 105 A 4-6 pm for some MMI practice with you young fellas. I have one onboard so far (saeghe2000). I can take on one more person. First reply first serve?

holden_McGroin can I please practice with you? please give me more details! Actually can i add you as a friend on Facebook or something? lemme know!

I'm from Vancouver too although mine's May 7th. How are you prepping for it, and would you be interested in practicing together?

Honestly I'm probably going to wind up winging it since I have no time to practice due to work :/

My friend did run through some scenarios with me a while ago so I could see what the MMI is like, as she was volunteering with UBC's pre-pharm for the mock MMIs.

Hi Holden_McGroin! Is it possible that you can take one more person please? :(

Hi Holden_McGroin! Is it possible that you can take one more person please? :(

ah stayed tuned for next session? (depends on success of this session). I think having too many people in the room dilute the experience (only got 2 hours) as the most important thing is 1v1 practice.