University of Toronto Pharmacy c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In!!!!!!!

GPA: 3.57 (~80%) - just finished 4th year
PCAT: 89
Interview: Did well on 4, okay on 3, bombed 3.

Anyone know when we'll find out about the Grad house?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected :( This was the only school I applied to

cGPA: 3.3
PCAT: 99 composite
I also though that my interview went well besides the acting station. I had a rough semester of bad grades/withdrawals due to personal issues, but the rest of my transcript is great. I hope they did not penalize me harshly for that.

Congrats to everyone who got in.

By the way, I've heard from this forum that if you call them they may tell you why you didn't get in? The letter says they won't. I just don't want to reapply if they're just going to reject me because of my transcript over and over vs. it being about the interview and there being potential to improve.

In the same boat as you, rejected (after 3rd time applying)
cGPA: ~3.2
PCAT: 80
I'm also curious to know what other improvements I could do. I took another year of full course load (this year) with ~3.2 average to strengthen my application with consecutive full time study, but it didn't help. I thought I did well on the interview as well after applying from previous years, so I have no idea right now =/

Last edited:
Got in!

cGPA 83%, just finished second year at ubc
PCAT comp 85
Interview - 1 went really bad and the rest went okay/pretty well

Is anyone moving to Toronto/how are you looking for housing and roommates?

Members don't see this ad :)
In the same boat as you, rejected (after 3rd time applying)
cGPA: ~3.2
PCAT: 80
I'm also curious to know what other improvements I could do. I took another year of full course load (this year) with ~3.2 average to strengthen my application with consecutive full time study, but to no avail. I thought I did well on the interview as well after applying from previous years, so I have no idea right now =/
I would redo the PCAT and aim for 90+ to offset your gpa, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE for the interview. A good interview and PCAT can offset a low gpa.

Got accepted here. Also was accepted at UBC.
.......... no idea what to do LOL
I live in Vancouver so UBC is just so convenient but UT seems so awesome >.<

Got accepted here. Also was accepted at UBC.
.......... no idea what to do LOL
I live in Vancouver so UBC is just so convenient but UT seems so awesome >.<

nice! Honestly I know UofT is a good school but I'm not sure why it's hyped up so much (probably b/c I did my undergrad here and it wasn't a pleasant experience for the mental health). I have to decide between waterloo and UofT and i'm feeling a little bit stuck as well about the decision.

Got in!

cGPA 83%, just finished second year at ubc
PCAT comp 85
Interview - 1 went really bad and the rest went okay/pretty well

Is anyone moving to Toronto/how are you looking for housing and roommates?

go to U of T housing facebook group! You'll get to find housing and roommates there!

nice! Honestly I know UofT is a good school but I'm not sure why it's hyped up so much (probably b/c I did my undergrad here and it wasn't a pleasant experience for the mental health). I have to decide between waterloo and UofT and i'm feeling a little bit stuck as well about the decision.

I like the idea of UofT because its program is more established than UBC's, and everyone was super super nice when I was there for the interview (not to say that they're not nice in UBC pharm) and it was cool how so many of the first years came there to cheer us on.
But I'd be in much less debt if I were to stay in Vancouver because no rent if I commute from home like in undergrad.
Decisions decisions.....

Top half of the waiting list

GPA:78.5%
PCAT: 97

Anyone know how long they usually take to respond?

I like the idea of UofT because its program is more established than UBC's, and everyone was super super nice when I was there for the interview (not to say that they're not nice in UBC pharm) and it was cool how so many of the first years came there to cheer us on.
But I'd be in much less debt if I were to stay in Vancouver because no rent if I commute from home like in undergrad.
Decisions decisions.....

I agree with that! The Vibe @ UofT was so chill! And during my rest station, one of the pharm students outside was asking me like where did I apply, what year I am in, and told me "you'll be fine! you'll get in!" and I was just like so touched by the kindness and relability of these people! Waterloo was nice too but the vibe felt more strict.

I got in!!!!!

cGPA 3.71/4.3
PCAT 93 comp (w/ 68 rc) and 3.5 writing
interview I think 3/10 were great, 5 ok, 2 not so good

in my interview my group didn't have a rest station... is that weird?

Can't wait to meet you all :)

Lower half of waitlist..

cGPA: 3.11
Pcat: 99

Is there any chance of getting in from the lower half?

Still just casually freaking out a bit. No big deal. :banana:

I honestly am completely shocked that I got in after second year! Here are my stats:

cGPA: ~81%

PCAT:
Verbal Ability - 87
Biology - 79
Reading Comprehension - 64
Quantitative Ability - 96
Chemistry - 93
Writing - 4.0
Composite - 92

Interview:
I felt confident immediately after (probably 7 or 8/10), but then started to question my answers a lot after the fact (especially in the days leading up to today). I actually ended most of my answers a few minutes early and was just awkwardly sitting there and smiling lol. I'm just not much of a talker!

I just wanted to say that I really didn't believe I'd get in after second year. I didn't do so hot in first year, and ended the year just a few points above the U of T cut off. I also got a C+ in calculus I, and had taken a 4.5 course load in both years of undergrad, so I really did not think I stood a chance, especially after coming on here and reading everyone's stats. My experience in first year motivated me to try a lot harder in my second year, and soon I wanted this more and more, until I really could not picture myself doing anything else but attending Leslie Dan the following year. I just wanted to post this because I think a lot of us have awful first year experiences, but this should never stand in the way of your dream! As cliché as this sounds, just stay positive and motivated and keep trying until you attain your goals, whatever they may be! Best of luck to everyone and I can't wait to meet those who got in in September!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get in. I am kind of disappointed but I am going to try again.
Anyway, Congrats to anyone who got in.

Last edited:
Got in!

PCAT score: 84 Composite, 39 in reading comp and 45 in verbal ability.
cGPA: 3.4

I guess I did well on the interview!

In the 2019 thread, someone said that you are supposed to pick 'DOCTOR OF PHARMACY EPPD' on your OSAP application but I am confused because it lists this program as being a Bachelor's Degree. Can anyone explain this to me?

And congratulations on everyone who got in !

Reactions: 1 users
question. is there anyway to still get a bachelors? im one year away from completing my bachelors degree. is there anyway a year of pharmacy could count towards completing a general science bachelors degree?

Upper half of waiting list, but if they call I'm going to reject them since I got into another program =)

Stats:
GPA: 70-75%? effed up during my last year (failed hard in a few classes)
PCAT: 99 in all the subjects & composite. Pleasantly surprised. Just Kaplan was enough for me
Interview: I thought they were alright but evidently not good enough

I heard Waterloo's coop program places you at a better advantage for finding work afterwards since you'll be starting with work experience under your belt. And there's a large range of jobs in industry (where the big money is) so you could get your foot in the door if that's where you want to head. It's cheaper to live out there too

I heard Waterloo's coop program places you at a better advantage for finding work afterwards since you'll be starting with work experience under your belt. And there's a large range of jobs in industry (where the big money is) so you could get your foot in the door if that's where you want to head. It's cheaper to live out there too

Yess industry or pharmacy ownership is where I want to be headed. Most of my friends defense of chosing UofT is hospitals but I actually don't enjoy the vibe of hospitals too much. In that case, would you say loo is better for me? Also, which other program did you get in?

Yess industry or pharmacy ownership is where I want to be headed. Most of my friends defense of chosing UofT is hospitals but I actually don't enjoy the vibe of hospitals too much. In that case, would you say loo is better for me? Also, which other program did you get in?

Waterloo must have hospital coop's as well though right? There are only so many hospitals in Ontario so there must be spots in Toronto. Got into optometry =) I had better optics (lol, sorry) going into the optometry application process

Last edited:
Hey guys; finally summoned the courage to check and delightfully (to lightly put it) found out that I was accepted! I'll leave my stats so others can compare:

VA - 412 (68)
BIO - 430 (89)
RC - 387 (27) - lol..
QA - 427 (89)
CHEM - 505 (99)
Composite - 432 (95)
cGPA - 3.41 GPA

- Completed 4 years of undergrad and graduated with a bachelors in chem.

This has been a crazy couple of years for me. I applied two other times to this pharmacy program and got flat out rejected both times; the first - without an interview invitation and the second - with interview. I have written the PCAT three times with composite scores of 51 on my first try and 82 on my second. My GPA was as low as 2.7-3.0 at one point. I promised myself that if I ever happen to get accepted, I would take the time to write a nice little soliloquy for those individuals who are currently in my position. If you feel that Pharmacy is your true calling in life, please know that it is never too late to push hard in order to have a fighting chance with the individuals who have amazing stats. Be honest with yourself, work on your weaknesses, and do not take time for granted. For the interview: work on your MMI skills, research about current issues and know what they are looking for in an ideal candidate. For those of you who have a decent to low GPA, try rewriting your PCAT and try your best to score above a 90+ composite (use Dr. Collins and perhaps try the Kaplan classes to help you out). Also, if you really want to get into UofT, try taking easier courses. From what I know, they do not penalize you and that's exactly what I did for my final year of undergrad - it boosted my GPA from a 3.3 to the 3.41 I currently have. Nonetheless, I could ramble on for hours about many tips that I've personally learned these past few years so feel free to PM me any questions and I would gladly try my best to help.

Thanks for taking the time to read my emotional "speech" and for the readers who are applying in the next cycle (guys reading this a year or two down the line) just know that nothing is impossible so don't ever lose faith in yourself!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone applying for OSAP?? I want to know how much grant and loan we could get from OSAP.

In the 2019 thread, someone said that you are supposed to pick 'DOCTOR OF PHARMACY EPPD' on your OSAP application but I am confused because it lists this program as being a Bachelor's Degree. Can anyone explain this to me?

I am so confused as well. Gonna call the Financial Aid office on Monday.

Congrats to everyone who got in! For those of you picking between pharmacy schools, its definitely a tricky task! I'm a second year pharmacy student at UofT. I have a few friends that chose Waterloo over UofT and the said they definitely don't regret the decision. They've had great co-op positions and seem to really be enjoying their pharmacy school experience. UofT is a very reputable school, but you start to feel like you are just a number and don't share as much of a close relationship with profs of mentors based on what I have heard from peoples experiences over at Waterloo!

Congratulations!

If you have any questions, we have set up a platform for you guys! This is the official graduating class of 2020 (2T0) facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1067352289954206/

Looking forward to seeing you guys in the group and feel free to invite any 2T0s! :)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those that are waitlisted, have patience. The waitlist tends to move throughout the summer. Last year, we had someone who got an acceptance call during phrosh (orientation week). If you are on the upper waitlist, the chances are decent. If you are on the lower waitlist, not all hope is lost. In either case, I would personally suggest treating it as if you are rejected. If you get in, great! If not, you are well on your way to succeeding next time.

For those that are rejected, make sure this is what you want. My advice below only applies if you are ready to try again. There are many roads ahead, pharmacy school is not the only one. However, if you have explored pharmacy extensively and know this is what you want or simply just want to give it your all one more time, please read on.

I know many people who were rejected multiple times. Now, they are thriving in pharmacy school. Go volunteer at a pharmacy, compare yourself to successful pharmacy students or even pharmacists. Find out what you are missing.
If its GPA, go take easy university level classes at any university and boost it. Typically the more interested you are in the course, the easier it is. That 1% increase in overall grade could make the difference. If your PCAT is below a 90, use Dr.Collins, buy the practice tests, get into study groups, and work hard on it. There is a reason why the majority of successful applicants have 90+ composite. You can do it too. Remember, your overall grade and PCAT score can never be too high.

If you have a stellar GPA and PCAT, then you are lacking in some sort of non-cognitive skill(s). Not going to lie, the MMI is designed to be stressful (personal opinion). We want the best of the best to enter UofT pharmacy. We have the toughest program with some ridiculous courses, but they prepare you to be a GREAT pharmacist. We have the highest passing rate for the pharmacist licensing exam (almost 100%). We have the best support network for you to succeed. Once you are in, everyone around you is helping and treating you like a family member rather than a competitor. We are in this together. But, as the number one pharmacy school in Canada, we have standards. We want people who not only have the therapeutic knowledge to help patients but will also get along with the rest of us and actually care for the patient. Like to help others is simply not enough. The expectations are high because once you graduate from the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, we know you will be at the top of the profession.

If you are rejected, unless your GPA and PCAT are both relatively very low, I guarantee you the MMI played a big role in your rejection. Booksmart is fundamental for pharmacy. People skills are what gets you further. It lets you impress the interviewers during MMI and it gets you a job in the future! This is an area not taught in school, but very essential. Starting learning them now and keep improving them! Get out there. Reading books is a good start. Then, go experience and go learn how to enter pharmacy school the hard way. Step outside of your comfort zone. Meet people. Surround yourself with motivated individuals. Do information interviews. Learn!! There are so many resources out there waiting for you, find them and use them.

For everyone who is struggling with rejections, you are simply behind right now. You can catch up. One day, you can even surpass everyone who is in front of you. Good luck! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Got IN! What a relief!:soexcited:

I will probably be one of the older guys in the Class 2T0. I am 25 this year. Got my bachelor in chemistry at UBC in 2013, then came to UofT and got my masters in analytical chemistry in 2015. Since then, I have been working full time at a very prominent biotech company in South San Francisco, doing research on small molecule DMPK and making decent bucks:). Retail/hospital pharmacy actually doesn't interest me at all. My main focus will always be industry and research. I am planning on returning to states after PharmD, and very possibly go after a PhD in either translational research, or pharmaceutical science & pharmacogenomics from UCSF preferably.

FYI, I am a Canadian citizen and a US green card holder. Does any of the upper year people plan to apply for residencies, fellowships or maybe practice in US down the road? I know UofT is not a ACPE accredited school, so would that significantly hurt the chances of landing residencies/fellowships in US? Anybody have successfully made the transition to US? Any suggestions?

Some stats about me:

GPA: ~82-83%

PCAT:
VA: 87% PR
RC: 87% PR
BIO: 99% PR
QA: 99% PR
CHEM: 99% PR
Composite: 99% PR

Interview: I thought I did really well on 9/10 stations. Maybe I was still a bit nervous on the first station, but after that it was all great. My recommendation for future applicants to crack the MMI is practice, practice and more practice. To be honest, I didn't even practice once going into the UofT MMI;). In terms of topic-specific preparation, I spent about 4 hours reading medical ethics on the plane, and that's about it. However, I did have more than 10 rounds of really tough technical one-on-one/panel job interviews in the past year alone. I think going through this many job interviews really made me relax on the interview day, and I was able to interpret interviewers' true intention behind each question almost immediately, therefore, essentially seizing every opportunity to advertise myself. Treat the whole interview process as a marketing session to sell yourself!

The key is to be extremely confident in yourself, and you have to truly believe you will make the cut because if you don't believe in yourself, who else will? Never talk tentatively, since the interviewers can easily sense that and cast doubt on your motivation. Speak firmly and look directly into each interviewer's eyes while smiling the whole time. Before you walk into the interview room, you have to convince yourself that you are ALREADY a PharmD inside your mind, and act accordingly. The trick is, you feel you are ALREADY a PharmD, NOT just want to be a PharmD. When you are in the right mindset, your confidence will show naturally throughout your engagement with interviewers. Unless you say something obviously offensive or flat out wrong, you should have performed at your peak at that point.

For people who have been rejected, don't give up, don't give in, and keep grinding forward! Last year, I was rejected post-interview at one California and one New York state MD schools. I was depressed, angry and almost lost hope in myself. At one point, it became so traumatic that I even refused to talk to anyone, locking myself up inside my room for days. But what doesn't kill you will make you stronger, and trust me, this isn't a cliche. I have personally been through all that, and I really feel I became much more motivated than ever to show the world my true potential. No matter what, never believe a prediction that doesn't empower you! Failure is not a step backward. It is a step towards the right direction, and you will have less anxiety when you do it again! Do you still think failure is a setback? It's a step forward in every sense of the word!

Believe in yourself, believe in your vision, hard work pays off, and you will get what you truly deserve.

Reactions: 6 users
Got IN! What a relief!:soexcited:

I will probably be one of the older guys in the Class 2T0. I am 25 this year. Got my bachelor in chemistry at UBC in 2013, then came to UofT and got my masters in analytical chemistry in 2015. Since then, I have been working full time at a very prominent biotech company in South San Francisco, doing research on small molecule DMPK and making decent bucks:). Retail/hospital pharmacy actually doesn't interest me at all. My main focus will always be industry and research. I am planning on returning to states after PharmD, and very possibly go after a PhD in either translational research, or pharmaceutical science & pharmacogenomics from UCSF preferably.

FYI, I am a Canadian citizen and a US green card holder. Does any of the upper year people plan to apply for residencies, fellowships or maybe practice in US down the road? I know UofT is not a ACPE accredited school, so would that significantly hurt the chances of landing residencies/fellowships in US? Anybody have successfully made the transition to US? Any suggestions?

Some stats about me:

GPA: ~82-83%

PCAT:
VA: 87% PR
RC: 87% PR
BIO: 99% PR
QA: 99% PR
CHEM: 99% PR
Composite: 99% PR

Interview: I thought I did really well on 9/10 stations. Maybe I was still a bit nervous on the first station, but after that it was all great. My recommendation for future applicants to crack the MMI is practice, practice and more practice. To be honest, I didn't even practice once going into the UofT MMI;). In terms of topic-specific preparation, I spent about 4 hours reading medical ethics on the plane, and that's about it. However, I did have more than 10 rounds of really tough technical one-on-one/panel job interviews in the past year alone. I think going through this many job interviews really made me relax on the interview day, and I was able to interpret interviewers' true intention behind each question almost immediately, therefore, essentially seizing every opportunity to advertise myself. Treat the whole interview process as a marketing session to sell yourself!

The key is to be extremely confident in yourself, and you have to truly believe you will make the cut because if you don't believe in yourself, who else will? Never talk tentatively, since the interviewers can easily sense that and cast doubt on your motivation. Speak firmly and look directly into each interviewer's eyes while smiling the whole time. Before you walk into the interview room, you have to convince yourself that you are ALREADY a PharmD inside your mind, and act accordingly. The trick is, you feel you are ALREADY a PharmD, NOT just want to be a PharmD. When you are in the right mindset, your confidence will show naturally throughout your engagement with interviewers. Unless you say something obviously offensive or flat out wrong, you should have performed at your peak at that point.

For people who have been rejected, don't give up, don't give in, and keep grinding forward! Last year, I was rejected post-interview at one California and one New York state MD schools. I was depressed, angry and almost lost hope in myself. At one point, it became so traumatic that I even refused to talk to anyone, locking myself up inside my room for days. But what doesn't kill you will make you stronger, and trust me, this isn't a cliche. I have personally been through all that, and I really feel I became much more motivated than ever to show the world my true potential. No matter what, never believe a prediction that doesn't empower you! Failure is not a step backward. It is a step towards the right direction, and you will have less anxiety when you do it again! Do you still think failure is a setback? It's a step forward in every sense of the word!

Believe in yourself, believe in your vision, hard work pays off, and you will get what you truly deserve.

Omg ... I love this so much! Can we be friends ?!

Omg ... I love this so much! Can we be friends ?!
Absolutely!:) I am so flattered that you liked it. I am still in CA right now, working and enjoying the sunshine:happy:. Plan to leave my position then fly to Toronto on the last day, maybe September 1st?;)

Absolutely!:) I am so flattered that you liked it. I am still in CA right now, working and enjoying the sunshine:happy:. Plan to leave my position then fly to Toronto on the last day, maybe September 1st?;)
I'm really impressed by your life experienced. Can we be friends too? (Though I'm a lot younger than you are :)

I'm really impressed by your life experienced. Can we be friends too? (Though I'm a lot younger than you are :)
Sure, my pleasure:happy:. You just made me feel I am so much older all of a sudden.:p

First of all, congratulations to everyone who was offered admission to the program!

I was placed on the upper half of this years wait list and would like to share my stats for anyone who was curious.

GPA: 3.46 after 4 years of undergrad at Ryerson, going to graduating this year with my bachelors in chemistry.
First two years were really atrocious due to personal reasons and I feel it really impacted my application. My last two years I worked my butt off for four straight semesters getting a ~4.0 gpa which really helped me.

PCAT:
VA: 82
BIO: 91
RC: 47 :bookworm:
QA: 93
CHEM: 99 (being a chem major may have helped :p)
COMP: 97

Prep was done with Dr. Collins package and Pearson Practice over a 2 month period

Interview:
Wow, where do I even begin.. Let's start with my prep.

To prepare I just read Doing Right and looked at some scenarios online and recited them aloud to myself, after completing the interview I felt that I didn't do too well.
Felt good on 5 stations, okay on 3 and terrible on 2.

In the future I cannot stress enough that practice/mock interviews will help greatly. I felt confident going into the interview but as soon as it began preparing the answers to the prompts was so much more difficult when doing it myself. Mock interviews I feel will have helped with my nerves and just get a feel as to what it would have been like.

Anyways, I really hope I can get off the wait list!! If you are a second year with a less than stellar GPA, you can still redeem yourself and at least get onto the wait list with a mediocre interview.

Huge congrats to those that made it! Unfortunately I was not among those.
Just wanted to get some insight...

In regards to my PCAT...
I have a 90 composite
98 Chemistry
90 Biology
94 Quantitative
56 Verbal
27 Reading
3.5 Essay

Do you think its worth it to retake my PCAT to improve my reading score?
There's a risk that I might not be able to maintain or increase the scores I already have...
Would love to hear some insight, thanks!!!

In regards to my PCAT...
I have a 90 composite
98 Chemistry
90 Biology
94 Quantitative
56 Verbal
27 Reading
3.5 Essay

There's a risk that I might not be able to maintain or increase the scores I already have...

I think it's better to risk lowering your composite by a little in order to get a higher reading score.

I think it's better to risk lowering your composite by a little in order to get a higher reading score.

I agree. I believe the only reason you might have missed the admissinos by just a little bit, might be because they raised the reading minimum to 30 or something like that? All your other scores are amazing, if you can improve that one, I think you'll be in for next year!

In regards to my PCAT...
I have a 90 composite
98 Chemistry
90 Biology
94 Quantitative
56 Verbal
27 Reading
3.5 Essay

I got in with a 27 reading comp score so I highly doubt that they raised each category post-interview. If anything, they may have raised the minimum composite score for final decisions although your comp is quite competitive. Perhaps GPA or interview may have been the reason? But my advice for the PCAT is to retake it and try to get an even higher composite score but I wouldn't really focus that much on reading comp. In fact, I still managed to get a 95 comp with a 27 reading comp by destroying the chemistry section (505 SS - 99 PR). However, if it gives you peace of mind then indeed put some emphasis on that section but just know that (from what I understand) the chemistry section can carry you HARD if you ace that section; just look at my scores, every other section besides chem I scored <90 but still managed to get a 95 comp. Do not worry about maintaining or getting lower scores; the admissions team takes the attempt that has the best PCAT composite and that maximizes the strength of your application (provided that each category is above cut-offs), so its honestly a win-win scenario.

I would recommend using Dr. Collins for the chemistry section and, if you are very determined to get a high PCAT score and have the free time, take a look at the PCAT classes Kaplan offers. I believe they have a money back guarantee policy where they give a 100% refund if you do not score higher on your next PCAT attempt (there were restrictions of course but they were pretty reasonable). The instructors are awesome as well and they definitely go out of their way to make sure you succeed - not only in your PCAT but also your interview/application.

If you would like to know about my personal experiences taking the Kaplan class or have any other questions feel free to PM me !! :)

Hello!

I was lucky enough to be accepted into the Toronto PharmD program and I’d like to share my stats:

cGPA: ~74-75

PCAT:
Verbal Ability 94
Biology 79
Reading Comprehension 98
Quantitative Ability 91
Chemistry 85
Composite 95

Interview:
I felt like I only did very well on three of the stations, decent on the collaboration and acting stations, and thought I did horrible in all of the others.

I honestly didn’t think I’d have any chance at all of being accepted this year. I didn’t even think I could make the lower half of the waiting list.
I had horrible grades in my second year of undergrad and I even failed a course. I tried really hard to bring up my average but I continued to do poorly throughout third year and the first semester of my fourth year.

After being rejected last year, I did another year of undergrad and took courses that would allow me to apply to different kinds of programs (such as nursing) and I studied really hard and did well in them.
But my cGPA didn’t go up that much and seeing as how it seems that the majority of the students who get accepted to the PharmD program have a cGPA of close to 80 or higher, I truly didn’t think I stood a chance of being accepted.

But for some reason, they accepted me, and I feel incredibly lucky and fortunate and I really want to encourage anyone else who wants to apply to this program, but who feel like they won’t make it, to not give up!

You can always improve your PCAT scores by taking Kaplan and Dr. Collins, as others have said above.
I did both and I personally liked Dr. Collins more as they had a lot of practice tests that were really similar to the kinds of questions asked on the actual PCAT.

For the interview, reading “Doing Right” is a great way to familiarize yourself with multiple perspectives and health ethics in general. “Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) For the Mind” was, for me, a great way to learn how to structure my answers to the questions.
And as others have said before, it helps to practice the MMI with someone else.

I really hope this post is able to give some hope to anyone who wants to apply but who feel like their stats aren’t competitive enough.

If pharmacy is what you want and you’ve shadowed a pharmacist or are very familiar with the pharmacy profession and you absolutely know this is what you want to do for a career, don’t give up!

And finally, congratulations to everyone who was accepted this year! And I hope that those on the waiting list will receive an offer soon!
:)

Last edited:
For the ones who have accepted their offers, have you guys received the confirmation yet?

Hi guys, I'm just wondering how much the timetable will change from the previous year? I would like to know my schedule so I can plan ahead... Thank you :)

How much OSAP are people expecting to get?

I am 4 years out of high school and trying to figure out if it's worth applying this year for OSAP.

For the ones who have accepted their offers, have you guys received the confirmation yet?

I accepted mine yesterday and now when I click on the "decision result" link, there is an additional letter saying I have accepted my offer.

I accepted mine yesterday and now when I click on the "decision result" link, there is an additional letter saying I have accepted my offer.

Do you by any chance know if we are supposed to wait for a student number to be assigned to us prior to applying for OSAP? In the FAQs, it mentions that we should get our number by July 15 however I read somewhere that the recommended date for applying for OSAP is June 15.

Do you by any chance know if we are supposed to wait for a student number to be assigned to us prior to applying for OSAP? In the FAQs, it mentions that we should get our number by July 15 however I read somewhere that the recommended date for applying for OSAP is June 15.

I was actually wondering the same thing. I was planning on calling U of T financial services tomorrow. I'll let you know what they say to do!

Definitely apply asap, without the student number if you have to. If you miss the June 15 deadline, you'll risk having your OSAP sent to you late.

I'm having the same problem with selecting the program when applying for osap. Is it the EPPD one or the other? If you figure it out can you please let me know too. Thanks

I'm having the same problem with selecting the program when applying for osap. Is it the EPPD one or the other? If you figure it out can you please let me know too. Thanks

It is the EPPD (entry to practice pharm D).

For the people who got accepted, what is the due date for your conformation? I am just asking because I want to know when they will start looking at waitlisted individuals.

For the people who got accepted, what is the due date for your conformation? I am just asking because I want to know when they will start looking at waitlisted individuals.

You have to confirm your acceptance by June 30th at 5 pm

For those who have not previously registered at U of T and accepted their offers, have you guys received your student number? If not, do you know when we receive it?