University of WA deadline: OTCAS submitted or verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kgirl0042

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether the OTCAS app has to be fully verified by the UW deadline (Dec. 15), or just complete/submitted to OTCAS?

Due to one of my transcripts getting lost in the mail (first time anything of mine has ever been lost in the mail, and it happens to be something this important... awesome!), my OTCAS app wasn't "Complete" until the very end of last month, though it was submitted in early November. And apparently OTCAS apps don't get into the queue for verification until they're fully "complete," not just "submitted" (which in my opinion is not at all clear and is not explained anywhere in their FAQ).

If OTCAS takes the full four weeks to process my app, it won't be verified until the end of December. UW is my first choice program, and now I'm freaking out on a Friday night and won't be able to talk to Mary about it until Monday. Does anyone know???

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to follow up with what I found out from Mary, in case anyone else ever has this concern. The OTCAS app just has to be submitted by the UW deadline, NOT fully verified. :) What a relief!

Just wanted to follow up with what I found out from Mary, in case anyone else ever has this concern. The OTCAS app just has to be submitted by the UW deadline, NOT fully verified. :) What a relief!

Have you heard anything from UW?

I emailed Mary to confirm that they received everything, and she replied that they did. From what I gathered at the Open House, Mary emails people if they're missing something, but I don't think they send out general "thanks for applying" emails like other schools.