University of Washington Entering Class of Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tortugaboricua

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I haven't seen a thread for UW for those applying for Fall 2016. Who else had applied? I submitted my applications but haven't heard anything back yet.

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted mine a day before the deadline and haven't heard back. Some applicant's did not get an email invitation to interview till late January/February during last year's cycle.

I submitted mine a month before the deadline and haven't heard anything either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from them last night (6pm EST) saying that they have received my PharmCAS and supplemental.

They included this message:
"Standard decision applicants who qualify for interview will be contacted by email to schedule interviews between late-January to March."

Has Anyone out there gotten the prerequisite status email yet? Please post if you did!

Last edited:
Has ANYONE out there gotten the prerequisite status email yet? Please post if you did!
I got an email 12/15 requesting a syllabus for biochem. I sent it to them 12/18 since I had to wait for the professor to give it to me and they said I should receive an update. Still haven't heard back though. Getting anxious lol.

How about you?

I haven't heard anything yet. I hope we hear back soon! Post if you hear anything else from them

Reactions: 1 user
Has ANYONE out there gotten the prerequisite status email yet? Please post if you did!
Hey Yoda :android:so i submitted my app on Oct 13th and received the prereq status email on November 8th. Haven't heard anything since then haha

Hey Yoda :android:so i submitted my app on Oct 13th and received the prereq status email on November 8th. Haven't heard anything since then haha

Hi! Do you have all of your pre-reqs completed?

I have one more class for my Biochem pre-req, all others completed :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to know everyone else is in the same boat - I was starting to get really nervous that I hadn't heard anything about my prereqs. Especially since I'm out of state...

Glad to know everyone else is in the same boat - I was starting to get really nervous that I hadn't heard anything about my prereqs. Especially since I'm out of state...
I'm out of state as well! VA :)

According to last year's thread, there were people who already got interview offers in mid-December. Does anyone here currently go to UW?

I submitted my app the day before it was due.

I received an interview offer via email about 30 minutes ago!

Reactions: 1 users
I just received an email with an interview offer as well! Says they'll contact me for setting up a date!!! :)

Wow that's sooner than I had thought they would contact people. Congratulations, you two! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your applications? :)

EDIT: Just kidding, just saw when you submitted yours, @Rksweetrain.

Wow that's sooner than I had thought they would contact people. Congratulations, you two! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your applications? :)

EDIT: Just kidding, just saw when you submitted yours, @Rksweetrain.
I submitted my application the morning of Dec 1st. I hope you hear back soon!

I submitted my application in October too. Have you heard back from them about an interview yet? @alexyoonable

I heard UW is very selective against OOS students. Does anyone know if this is true?

did they get back to you with a date?
No they haven't but the email said they would contact me within the next few weeks because they're finalizing interview schedules so I'm giving it time. I am OOS so I hope they give me a decent amount of time to arrange traveling there.

I heard UW is very selective against OOS students. Does anyone know if this is true?
I was told the same thing by a friend. However, when I met with one of the admissions committee professors she assured me they are equally selective for instate students. According to pharmcas 38% of the class that started last year is OOS, I think that's not bad.

No they haven't but the email said they would contact me within the next few weeks because they're finalizing interview schedules so I'm giving it time. I am OOS so I hope they give me a decent amount of time to arrange traveling there.

I'm also OOS so I'm curious about that too. Let us know when you hear back

Heard back with interview dates.

My interview is January 19th.

For both of you who got interviews, did you take any fall classes and if so were any of them prerequisites?
I got an email with dates. They're scheduling interviews for Jan 19th and 22nd. I requested the 22nd, I'm awaiting for the confirmation from them! :)

I did take a full semester during the fall, the only pre-requisite was biochem tho, I've completed all the other prerequisites.

Last edited:
I submitted my app in late November and got an interview invite a couple of days ago! I wasn't feeling too confident about UW so I was quite shocked tbh. It's my first choice so hopefully all goes well. I Requested the 19th for my interview since I have my WSU interview on the 22nd.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone have their interview today? I was so nervous and I keep replaying my interview thinking I could've done better... But I did my best and whatever happens happens I guess. They said I should expect to hear back within a week, so it's gonna be one antsy week for me.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? I submitted my app a day before the due date and haven't even received a pre-req completion email (but I did receive an Application Complete email). I know about how they send invites between January and April but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one on the boat.

Is anyone still waiting to hear back? I submitted my app a day before the due date and haven't even received a pre-req completion email (but I did receive an Application Complete email). I know about how they send invites between January and April but it's nice to know that I'm not the only one on the boat.
I submitted my application the night of the deadline and received an email saying that my application was completely processed a few days later. :/ I haven't gotten an invitation to interview yet though.

EDIT: Actually I just looked at my email again and the email I'm referring to is the same one you were referring to (Application Complete). So I guess I haven't received a prereq email yet either? I wouldn't worry about it too much though... Or at least I haven't, haha.

Did anyone have their interview today? I was so nervous and I keep replaying my interview thinking I could've done better... But I did my best and whatever happens happens I guess. They said I should expect to hear back within a week, so it's gonna be one antsy week for me.
Best of luck and hope you get in! I think no matter what, you'll always look back thinking that you could have answered things better. Don't be too hard on yourself, haha. At least you got it over with!

Best of luck and hope you get in! I think no matter what, you'll always look back thinking that you could have answered things better. Don't be too hard on yourself, haha. At least you got it over with!

Thanks and good luck to you as well! Yeah that's true. It's just in my nature to overanalyze and be super anxious even though the hard part is over lol.

I hope you guys hear back soon. I wouldn't worry too much yet since it's still early. I know one girl who also submitted her app the night before and she also hasn't heard back. Another guy I know I'm pretty sure submitted his app even before I did and he also hasn't heard back yet.

I have my interview on Jan. 22nd and I am very nervous. Does anyone have any details on how the interview is conducted other than that there is two people asking questions? I am also confused as to why the interview window is 3 hours long and we are supposed to arrive 45 minutes early.

I have my interview on Jan. 22nd and I am very nervous. Does anyone have any details on how the interview is conducted other than that there is two people asking questions? I am also confused as to why the interview window is 3 hours long and we are supposed to arrive 45 minutes early.

The interview is about 30 minutes but you arrive earlier to tour the campus with a student ambassador. Afterwards there's a short video presentation and then a chance to ask questions. At least that's how it went for me.

I talked to a year 1 and year 3 student and also someone who did early admissions this year who told me about their interviews and mine turned out to be nothing similar so Idk if they changed the process or if each interview is just conducted differently. I would say know your personal statements really well and maybe be prepared to address any low points in your academic record (they didn't ask in my interview). They asked me a lot of questions that required anecdotes from work or personal experiences, which was kind of nerve racking sometimes.

Good luck! I'm a nervous wreck waiting to hear back.

Just got my prereq status email! I applied just before the deadline, so I was starting to stress a bit about not hearing anything. Hugely relieved... everything says 'Yes' so hopefully I'm just waiting on an interview invitation... Best of luck to those with interviews this week!!

The interview is about 30 minutes but you arrive earlier to tour the campus with a student ambassador. Afterwards there's a short video presentation and then a chance to ask questions. At least that's how it went for me.

I talked to a year 1 and year 3 student and also someone who did early admissions this year who told me about their interviews and mine turned out to be nothing similar so Idk if they changed the process or if each interview is just conducted differently. I would say know your personal statements really well and maybe be prepared to address any low points in your academic record (they didn't ask in my interview). They asked me a lot of questions that required anecdotes from work or personal experiences, which was kind of nerve racking sometimes.

Good luck! I'm a nervous wreck waiting to hear back.
How did you and other people dress for the interview? I was thinking about wearing a suit, but I don't want to seem like a weirdo.

How did you and other people dress for the interview? I was thinking about wearing a suit, but I don't want to seem like a weirdo.

No a suit is perfectly appropriate. The only guy I saw in the waiting room wore a suit and my friend told me he wore a suit to his interview. I would say at least a nice dress shirt and slacks.

I wore a blazer over a nice blouse and a skirt with tights since I don't have any slacks.

I was emailed and told that for people that interviewed on the 19th, we will hear back by this Friday

Has anyone received an invitation for a February interview yet?

I received an invitation last week to interview for either Feb 6 or Feb 12.

Do you mind sharing when you received your prereq email and how soon after you got your interview invite? I've only received the prereq email so far.