University of Washington Entering Class of Fall 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you mind sharing when you received your prereq email and how soon after you got your interview invite? I've only received the prereq email so far.

I received the prereq confirmation on the 23rd and the interview offer a week later.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received the prereq confirmation on the 23rd and the interview offer a week later.

It hasn't been a week since the 23rd yet. Do you mean you got your actual interview invitation on the 23rd?

It hasn't been a week since the 23rd yet. Do you mean you got your actual interview invitation on the 23rd?

I'm sorry, that was a (bad) rough estimate! I got my prereq on the 23rd and the invitation on the 27th, so 4 days to be exact.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I did my interview on the 22nd and still haven't heard anything. I think it is going to be bad news for me.

I did my interview on the 22nd and still haven't heard anything. I think it is going to be bad news for me.
I would say wait this week and if you don't hear back maybe email them and ask if you want.

They said they would try to let everyone know within a week but sometimes they take longer. I know the wait sucks but try to be patient.

Don't lose hope! It seems like they are really busy with applications and the fact that you haven't received a rejection letter means that you still have a fighting chance.

I have my interview this coming Saturday. I'm incredibly nervous! I didn't realize they would be responding so quickly to people after their interviews.

Don't lose hope! It seems like they are really busy with applications and the fact that you haven't received a rejection letter means that you still have a fighting chance.
Thanks for the encouragement! I am still holding out hope.

Did anyone interview on Tues 1/26? I thought my interview went pretty well, but I'm getting kind of antsy waiting to hear back haha.

How long do they take to complete checking over the prereq stuff? :/ Haven't heard back

For me they took about a week. Did you get the prerequisite email?
Yeah I got an email on Jan 24th saying "Your application is being evaluated for prerequisite completion." and nothing else since then :/

Yeah I got an email on Jan 24th saying "Your application is being evaluated for prerequisite completion." and nothing else since then :/

Same with me. Same date and everything. Let me know if you hear back! I hate waiting :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Same with me. Same date and everything. Let me know if you hear back! I hate waiting :/
There is still plenty of time and its only been a week. Give it some some time and don't lose hope. They're very nice so emailing the school and asking about your application status is always an option.

For me I got my prereq evaluated in late Dec... Nothing since then. I am not expecting much for myself at this point.
Wow that's a long time :/ I wonder how often they interview.. Like every week until March? Or... ? Does anyone know?

Wow that's a long time :/ I wonder how often they interview.. Like every week until March? Or... ? Does anyone know?
Seems like every week or every other week. I believe they will be interviewing until march because when they sent me the email with the dates for January interviews there was a note saying that if none of the January dates worked they would let me know with dates for February or March

Although UW is my home school, it's okay! I committed to WSU yesterday which I'll be just as happy attending due to cheaper tuition and small school setting! I am excited about having a change of environmemt' good luck to those interviewing :) I know ya'll will rock it!
Ahh I was going to apply for WSU but I wasn't able to finish the supplemental essays since I was just... Well, lazy, haha. But I did get another email from UW today with my updated prereq statuses!! They also included this information about the interviews:

"Typically, applicants are interviewed between late-January and mid-April."

Ahh I was going to apply for WSU but I wasn't able to finish the supplemental essays since I was just... Well, lazy, haha. But I did get another email from UW today with my updated prereq statuses!! They also included this information about the interviews:

"Typically, applicants are interviewed between late-January and mid-April."
I just got an interview invitation today! I don't think I can make it to any of the dates that they've given me though :( One of the dates is next Friday and the flight prices are way hiked up because of Valentine's Day weekend -_-

I just got an interview invitation today! I don't think I can make it to any of the dates that they've given me though :( One of the dates is next Friday and the flight prices are way hiked up because of Valentine's Day weekend -_-

I got one too! :D

Contact them about it. They will probably have more dates for end of February and March.

@serendipity15 I was offered the same ones. Did they get back to you about scheduling an alternate day?
Oh ok! Yeah I got an email back the morning after I asked for alternative dates and will be interviewing on February 19th! Cher hasn't replied to my email yet though and I emailed her last night with my interview date decision :/

How long does it take for them to confirm your interview schedule? I emailed them last Friday and haven't heard anything back. I'm from out of state so I need to confirm my plane tickets and hotels.

My experience with UW since a few people were wondering about the timeframe people are getting emails.
My application was on hold for my Jan PCAT. Pearson sent out my scores last Tuesday.
UW confirmed completed app on Friday.
Confirmed prerequisites on Sunday.
Interview invite Monday. I emailed and scheduled an interview today (Tuesday) and they got back to me within the hour to confirm the date/time.

I'm not sure I'm a strong enough applicant for UW so I'd have to kill the interview. Only thing is I heard it was brutal :/

Good luck to everyone

My experience with UW since a few people were wondering about the timeframe people are getting emails.
My application was on hold for my Jan PCAT. Pearson sent out my scores last Tuesday.
UW confirmed completed app on Friday.
Confirmed prerequisites on Sunday.
Interview invite Monday. I emailed and scheduled an interview today (Tuesday) and they got back to me within the hour to confirm the date/time.

I'm not sure I'm a strong enough applicant for UW so I'd have to kill the interview. Only thing is I heard it was brutal :/

Good luck to everyone
I thought the interview was actually not hard. It's very relaxed so that you feel comfortable and the interviewers made conversation and were very nice. So don't worry or be nervous.

About the time frames for email, they've always been pretty fast with me. They've always emailed me back within a day or two.

How long does it take for them to confirm your interview schedule? I emailed them last Friday and haven't heard anything back. I'm from out of state so I need to confirm my plane tickets and hotels.
I got a reply back from Cher about my exact interview time today. She said I would get "an email confirmation shortly" but seeing as she replied back right before 5 PM I'm assuming I would get it tomorrow.

I also called today around 1 PM and the person I talked with said that they were working on it today? :/ So I hope you've gotten a response back!

I thought the interview was actually not hard. It's very relaxed so that you feel comfortable and the interviewers made conversation and were very nice. So don't worry or be nervous.

About the time frames for email, they've always been pretty fast with me. They've always emailed me back within a day or two.
Is it a 1 on 3 interview and is the only way to prepare basically to refresh our memory on our personal statement and supplemental application? I just wanted to double check haha. I'm nervous as it'll be my first open file interview x_x

Is it a 1 on 3 interview and is the only way to prepare basically to refresh our memory on our personal statement and supplemental application? I just wanted to double check haha. I'm nervous as it'll be my first open file interview x_x
They said it be 3 on 1 but for me it was 2 on 1. They literally had all of my documents out there. They asked me questions from my file and some they already had prepared. The interview was more of a conversation, I felt very comfortable, and felt very personal. Like the questions they asked me where tailored to my experiences. Definitely make sure you know what you wrote on your personal statement and the supplemental application essays. To prepare I found a list of questions asked on interviews and worked on them with someone from my university.

I just had my interview on Friday. For those who got in, how long did it take for the school to email you after the interview? Before I left the admissions lady told my group that it would take 7-10 days, but it seems like some people got their acceptance earlier than that.

I had my interview on Saturday, February 6th. I found out late Friday evening (February 12th) that I received an offer of admissions. The interview was 2 on 1 for me. They had all of my documents in folders and had obviously read them thoroughly. My interviewers had highlighted sections and prepared questions. The interview was mostly a conversation format and they spent the entire time talking with me about what I had written in my statements. Be sure to refresh yourself on what you have written!

Reactions: 1 user
For those that have been accepted, there is a Facebook group. Just message the admin of the group and he will add you in. It's called "UW School of Pharmacy Class of 2020".

They said it be 3 on 1 but for me it was 2 on 1. They literally had all of my documents out there. They asked me questions from my file and some they already had prepared. The interview was more of a conversation, I felt very comfortable, and felt very personal. Like the questions they asked me where tailored to my experiences. Definitely make sure you know what you wrote on your personal statement and the supplemental application essays. To prepare I found a list of questions asked on interviews and worked on them with someone from my university.
Thanks for letting me know! :)

Were both interviewers UW staff or were there also local pharmacists?

Also for those coming from out of state, what hotel did you stay at/are you planning to stay at?

Also for those coming from out of state, what hotel did you stay at/are you planning to stay at?

I think it depends because I had a staff and one UW alumni pharmacist.

Mine were both UW faculty.

I stayed in a Springhill Suites by Marriot, but that's because I had stayed there before and liked it.

Last edited:
I forgot to ask! Will there be an essay? I'm reading through the attached pdf right now and they said we'd be evaluated through our "verbal and written communication skills" but I haven't seen any mentions of an essay on the pdf nor on this post..

I forgot to ask! Will there be an essay? I'm reading through the attached pdf right now and they said we'd be evaluated through our "verbal and written communication skills" but I haven't seen any mentions of an essay on the pdf nor on this post..
They used to have an essay portion I believe. It is no longer a part of their interview process.

No essay. Show up, get the tour, do the interview, watch a couple min video and done. I was there about 2 hrs max. Don't stress about the interview.

Woo I just got my acceptance! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Were you guys mailed a physical copy of your admissions letter in addition to the acceptance email?

Were you guys mailed a physical copy of your admissions letter in addition to the acceptance email?
As of this moment, no. And I have no idea if we will or not. Anybody else have a different answer?

Interviewed last Friday the 19th, just got my acceptance email today!
UW is my first choice, so it looks like I'll be joining you all

Reactions: 3 users
According to the last email I go t once they receive all the documents, criminal background check, and deposit we should get something on the mail for setting up the UW email. My Certiphi was just finished yesterday so hopefully I'll get it soon. :)