University of Washington (Seattle) MPH Fall 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antaresoul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! Thought I'd start a thread for those who are UW-bound and want to start connecting and just saying hi! I got into the MPH Health Services program and am out of state, so definitely if you all can share some tips and info about housing that would be awesome :) Excited to meet you all in the Fall!

Members don't see this ad.

So glad you were able to get off the waitlist! Congrats! I won't be going there, but when I spoke to the director he said there were only about 10 people in the health services program, so you may not find any in this forum :p Good luck! Seattle is an amazing city.

Reactions: 1 user
So glad you were able to get off the waitlist! Congrats! I won't be going there, but when I spoke to the director he said there were only about 10 people in the health services program, so you may not find any in this forum :p Good luck! Seattle is an amazing city.
He may have been referring to the COPHP, which is a very small department. The General HS is much larger than just 10 people :)

Members don't see this ad :)
He may have been referring to the COPHP, which is a very small department. The General HS is much larger than just 10 people :)

In my interview I asked how many people there were in health systems and policy concentration and he said 4-5. He said health services in general is pretty small.

Yes I think total they accept about 40 for health service (all concentrations combined.) Thanks for the heads up though Pdesai8 Good luck at Cal!

I'd be really curious to confirm that number...I think it is 30-40 for each concentration. The entire department is much larger than 40 people.

I know for sure that is not true, as I have spoken to several current students who all mentioned the concentrations and the dept as a whole was really small and Health systems concentration is about 5. I'm sure you get a lot of great personal attention because of how small it is, but the downside is it may limit networking. Perhaps you're thinking of another dept like epi? I'm sure that is much larger.

I'm thinking of Health Services. A friend who graduated from the dept last year confirmed that her cohort was around 30-40 people and that the department is much larger, which makes sense because there are so many degrees under Health Services...

I'm going to UW for an MPH in public health genetics! I can't wait to get to Seattle!

I'll be attending for an MPH in epidemiology/maternal and child health. From New York/undergrad in Virginia so it's going to be a big change!