University of Waterloo c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do any of you guys currently work in a pharmacy? I was looking at a prescription and I was really confused to how my prescription is charged vs what my grandparents who are on ODB were paying for the same amoxicillin. I am so confused lol thanks

Me: $12.99 paid
Dispensing Fee: 10.99
Co-Pay: $0
Drug $2.99

ODB (grandparent): $2 paid
Co-Pay: $2
Drug $2.99

Members don't see this ad.

Do any of you guys currently work in a pharmacy? I was looking at a prescription and I was really confused to how my prescription is charged vs what my grandparents who are on ODB were paying for the same amoxicillin. I am so confused lol thanks

Me: $12.99 paid
Co-Pay: $0
Drug $2.99

ODB (grandparent): $2 paid
Co-Pay: $2
Drug $2.99
The government classifies them as "low-income" seniors, so they only pay $2 for any medications that are covered. The government picks up the rest of the tab. It looks like you don't have insurance, so you have to pay full price.

Any pharmacy student lurking this forum want to share their experience at UW?

Members don't see this ad :)
This forum is dying. I hope the enthusiasm for pharmacy is still there. Where did everyone go?

hi guys..first time posting here.. i have already applied for the winter 2013 term back in Feb but i just wanted to ask, has anyone gotten accepted yet? do u know if we will get any sort of notification about our status before April 5th? :confused:

im soo freaking out right now..i have a final on April 9th and im scared of finding out on April 5th if I got in or not since it will probably distract me from studying..:scared::scared::scared:

Hey welcome! :)
Well on April 5th, we will only get an invitation to an interview (or not); we don't get accepted on that day!
I think nobody will get accepted until the final decision is made (June 13th).

Yup, you get the invitation for the interview by then. Then you have your actual interviews at the end of the month.

Good luck to you all =D

oh ok thanx u guys! i was hoping to see if some got their invites to the interview sent out earlier..thanx again and good luck to all :)

Oh the ****eryness of waiting.............

Members don't see this ad :)
oh god..less than 24 hour left...can't concentrate on my studies T_T

i wonder if they are going to let us know at 12AM tonight :rolleyes:

how do we know if we got the interview? if they just send an email to let us know i hardly think they will send them at 12AM :p

Yeah, they are going to send us an email. I have a feeling that it will be out before noon! :)

Hi guys I applyed for uw for winter 2013 I am waiting for the e-mail like you all. I was checking my e-mail every hour from 5 days ago. I am very excited and nervous :scared: hopefully we all get the invetation to the interview.

how do we know if we got the interview? if they just send an email to let us know i hardly think they will send them at 12AM :p
hi there
did they send you anything yet?

already past 12...haha no e-mail..i guess we'll have to wait for tmr morning!:xf:

oh no I can't wait until tomorrow I will not be able to sleep.
if they will send it tomorrow, when do you think they will send it? I mean in the morning or afternoon?

oh no I can't wait until tomorrow I will not be able to sleep.
if they will send it tomorrow, when do you think they will send it? I mean in the morning or afternoon?

I think it will be in the morning. They'd better be LOL

i hope morning LOL... good luck everybody!
btw, they send out 240 invitations if not mistaken?

Yes, I did. How about you?

yes, and i will do my interview in May. Did you do yours yet? if you did how do you find it? :p Exams and interviews...Honestly I would be so stressed out if i got this interview lol!

yes, and i will do my interview in May. Did you do yours yet? if you did how do you find it? :p Exams and interviews...Honestly I would be so stressed out if i got this interview lol!

Unfortunately, I did not get an invitation :( My RC was just below the new cut-off although other sections were ok. It would have been nice if I took it more than once before I applied..

But good luck on your interview in May :)

Last edited:
I remember this scenario with my interview...XD

If I remember correctly Ryanco already has an offer from waterloo?

Just logged into email still have omfg....................................WHY U NO TELL US EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys has anyone got email yet..i am so freaking out lol

Alright I don't know if you guys all live in Ontario.. but the time is now 9:00am and I am just so nervous to click the refresh button every time

yeah I am from ontario..and I am freaking out toooo lol

ok so i kept waking up every half hour or so throughout the whole night, and kept having weird dreams of my Microbiology professor turning out to be the pharmacy adviser at UW, and shes putting all the students who applied for pharmacy in a class at UW where she asks each student questions about the immune system and the functions of T and B cells :eek:

...so i can safely say, i have officially lost my mind! :smuggrin:

please anyone who has already been through this before, can u tell us when we can expect that glorious email?

lol yeah please tell us when we can expect tht glorious email

ok so i kept waking up every half hour or so throughout the whole night, and kept having weird dreams of my Microbiology professor turning out to be the pharmacy adviser at UW, and shes putting all the students who applied for pharmacy in a class at UW where she asks each student questions about the immune system and the functions of T and B cells :eek:

...so i can safely say, i have officially lost my mind! :smuggrin:

please anyone who has already been through this before, can u tell us when we can expect that glorious email?

HAHAHAHAHA :laugh: that's funny :p
Agreed. If we just keep checking the inbox like this until 5 O'clock today, we will be all exhausted

Sigh.... 10:24am NO email yet.. omg hurry uppppppppp