University of Waterloo c/o 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know what time we will be getting the email from them?
Goodluck everyone!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Quest is closed every Wed from 7 to 8 am
So do not worry :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm guessing it'll be out around 10:30 - 11am just like emails for interviews

I've refreshed my email 1000 times I'm so nervous!
I hope we all hear good news soon

Did anyone find out if they got in yet? :S

i hope they send it soon...my day is on pause right now lol

Did anyone check their status on quest?

hey guys i just checked my quest account...immm innnnnn!!!!! Still havent received an email yet tho, but I guess Quest would be your first place to check.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys i just checked my quest account...immm innnnnn!!!!! Still havent received an email yet tho, but I guess Quest would be your first place to check.

Congrats! What does it say accepted? Where did you find this information :eek:

they sent an email..but my quest account hasn't changed :S

it says accept/decline on quest when u click on admissions

Im in!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the email and update on quest :D :D

got the email noww wooo see u guys in january...btw for those of u accepted..are u going to be living in Kitchener or Waterloo? I dont know which one to pick

got the email too :D IM SO EXCITED.

Congrats to those who got accepted and I hope those who didn't get accepted try again.

Hope to see ya'll soon!

I finally got the email a few minutes ago! omg I'm crying
Quest still isn't updated for me. Hang in there to anyone still waiting! The last ten minutes were an emotional rollar coaster for me

Checked everywhere but nothing for me still. I'm getting anxious :s

I finally got the email a few minutes ago! omg I'm crying
Quest still isn't updated for me. Hang in there to anyone still waiting! The last ten minutes were an emotional rollar coaster for me

awh ! i was shaking..still kinda shaking! i guess it takes a while for quest to update, mine hasn't either

GOT IN!!! Aww yeahh. It's been a long road for us all to get to this day. Hope to see you all in January (or sooner)!

P.S. My quest hasn't been updated either. It will probably update soon.

Still can't see anything anywhere. Checked email and quest but nothing. Should I be worried about this? Are they still uploading the status?

Still can't see anything anywhere. Checked email and quest but nothing. Should I be worried about this? Are they still uploading the status?
That's strange. I know they don't email us all at once but I don't know how long it takes for them to finish. I received an email an hour ago but my Quest still isn't updated. Maybe you got an email in your junk folder.

Still nothing! xs I'm getting super nervous.
Are they sending out decisions in the morning and afternoon separately?
Ahhhh

I still haven't heard from them :( I'm getting worried!
Is anyone else still waiting?

Same here. I'm getting so nervous that I've been refreshing email and quest account so many times. Hope we get anything soon.

My quest just updated even though I received the email almost 4 hours ago. Stay positive guys!

Also so surprised UT decision came out 10 days early! For those that are accepted to both which school are you swaying more towards and why?

Can anyone give me some estimate on the chances of getting in when you are waitlisted in the upperhalf? Thanks.

Anyone got accepted to both UofT and Waterloo? Which school are you choosing if you got accepted to both?

Can anyone give me some estimate on the chances of getting in when you are waitlisted in the upperhalf? Thanks.

What do you mean by upper half? I got waitlisted too but they did not tell me my position in the waitlist

I as well got waitlisted. Does anyone have an idea how many people make it on the waitlist?

I got accepted to both UofT and Waterloo . I'll probably reject UofT though because Waterloo has a good co-op program. They're both PharmD so I prefer the experience and I want to pay for my tuition that way rather than having to go through OSAP.

I also go to Waterloo now so I know it's a great school.

I got accepted to both UofT and Waterloo . I'll probably reject UofT though because Waterloo has a good co-op program. They're both PharmD so I prefer the experience and I want to pay for my tuition that way rather than having to go through OSAP.

I got in as well. Super excited right now! Congratulations to all who got in and best of luck to those on the waitlist! Stay positive, everyone.
edit: Just checked and I made it into U of T too! Ohmygosh. Overwhelming.

Last edited:
will there be a fb group made or something? i'd luv to get to know u guys better and i need to start looking for roommates!

That's a good idea! I'm about to make one but I need at least one person to add to make it xD. So feel free to add me on fb ya'll.

I'm Michael Lam and my FB username is mikle78.

https://www.facebook.com/mikle78

Looking forward to see ya'll next year! :D

Oh really? Waterloo is PharmD too? I thought only u of t was approved for PharmD.

Both schools have been approved for entry-level PharmD and will have their first class of it this year.

I forgot to reply to this thread. I just accepted the offer!

ACCEPTED!

Here are my stats:

GPA: ~3.15 (That's as close to the cutoff of 75% as it gets!)
Interview: It was the most casual and laid-back interview I've ever had. Nevertheless, I felt like I did well!

I believe my personal profile carried me into this school because my grades sure didn't! I'm not sure how they evaluate applicants, but I was told that once given an interview they no longer consider grades. Thus, the most stressful part about applying to this school was waiting for the interview. I'm thrilled about the acceptance, but I'm going to take my UofT offer. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Lastly, if there's a will there's a way! Details aside, I was in an unfortunate situation resulting in my low GPA, but UW is a very forgiving school. In my application, I was able to explain my situation and showed that as a student I'm capable to tackling UW's challenging pharmacy program. This was the toughest hurdle, but once getting the interview it's an even playing field. Good luck to future applicants!

My quest just updated even though I received the email almost 4 hours ago. Stay positive guys!

Also so surprised UT decision came out 10 days early! For those that are accepted to both which school are you swaying more towards and why?

I'm swaying towards Waterloo, but mainly because of the co-op program, and I've heard that U of T (not specifically their pharmacy school) doesn't have the best social life, anyone else able to comment on this?

Can't wait to see you guys in September. I wonder why the page number for this is so low compared to UofT lol

Edit: I mean January lol

Last edited:
I'm swaying towards Waterloo, but mainly because of the co-op program, and I've heard that U of T (not specifically their pharmacy school) doesn't have the best social life, anyone else able to comment on this?

Yeah, that's the reason why I accepted my offer to Waterloo. My friends say the same t hing about the social life because they say it's still competitive and some people are still trying to pursue med that are in UofT. I heard that both schools have a good program but I go to Waterloo right now for undergrad and my pharm friends over here seem to be very social. So I'll be joining them and all of you. :)