University of Waterloo c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnionStench

Acceptance Letter Seeker
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I decided to create a UWaterloo Pharmacy thread for 2018 since there wasn't one. Starting in January 2015, the school will be implementing the PharmD clinical rotations, which sounds very interesting! More information on their website:
https://uwaterloo.ca/pharmacy/experiential-co-op-and-pharmd-clinical-rotations/pharmd-rotations
This is an exciting time to be applying to pharmacy school.

Please feel free to share you thoughts/comments/concerns/questions

Good luck to everyone who is applying! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Thank you for creating this thread! This is my first time applying UW pharmacy school and I am also very excited! Good luck to you too :D

Hello there! Glad to see another UW applicant. This is also my first time applying to Waterloo. Have you submitted your application/ref letter? Are you applying to other pharmacy schools? I'm nervous and worried about the interviews...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! How will we know if our reference has completed the reference form? Do we receive an email or anything to confirm?

Your referee will get a confirmation email and also if you check the document section on quest you'll see the date it was received.

Hello there! Glad to see another UW applicant. This is also my first time applying to Waterloo. Have you submitted your application/ref letter? Are you applying to other pharmacy schools? I'm nervous and worried about the interviews...
Yes! I already submitted the AIF and ref letter. Now we just have to wait! I am very nervous too but hopefully everything works out :) I am only applying to UW this time. Did you apply to other pharmacy schools?

Sup, another Waterloo applicant here. I applied to U of T as well.

Wow this forum is dead... Hi everyone! Just wondering if I have a chance at Waterloo's pharm program.
I literally have a 75% -76% average, I volunteered last summer at both a retail and hospital pharmacy and my LOR was from a pharmacist.
I'm just worried my low average will ruin my opportunity at an interview :(

what are the chances of getting in, if you apply in sept 2014 for jan/2015?

Wow this forum be dead... Ahoy everyone! Just wonderin' if me have a chance at Waterloo's pharm program.
me literally have a 75% -76% average, me volunteered last summer at both a retail and hospital pharmacy and my LOR was from a pharmacist.
me be just worried my low average will ruin my opportunity at an interview :(
i know some ppl with 75% average who got in so never no :)

Last edited:
My first time applying only 3 days left :D applying with an 86% avg, and LOR of a pharmacist and 4 months experience working at a pharmacy, but unfortunately not much extracurriculars on AIF, as spent too much time on marks. From what I heard above a 75% avg admissions does not look at grades anymore and its based on AIF for interview, and then based on interview for acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
So nervous! Do we get an email even if we didn't get an interview? Also, what time are emails being sent!

So nervous! Do we get an email even if we didn't get an interview? Also, what time are emails being sent!
I think on April 10th you will be able to see the status of your application in Quest. It will say "denied" if you don't get an interview. I heard last year emails were sent at noon, maybe will be the same this year. Good luck!

----

Last edited:
i know some ppl with 75% average who got in so never no :)
My first time applying only 3 days left :D applying with an 86% avg, and LOR of a pharmacist and 4 months experience working at a pharmacy, but unfortunately not much extracurriculars on AIF, as spent too much time on marks. From what I heard above a 75% avg admissions does not look at grades anymore and its based on AIF for interview, and then based on interview for acceptance.

That's reassuring, thank you!

FYI my friend just told me she got her email last year around 11-1130am so less than 24hrs!!!

were supposed to be recieving emails tommorow for interview requests right? what if we dont recieve one?

were supposed to be recieving emails tommorow for interview requests right? what if we dont recieve one?
You will definitely receive an email; whether you get an invitation for the interview, or not.

anyone recieve any emails yet?

also is their a facebook group for this?

How did you guys know that we're supposed to be receiving an email today?

Still nothing. I cannot study for my exams... the anticipation is killing me!

Did anyone here also apply to U of T?

can anyone call and find out when they will be releasing ? :S

can anyone call and find out when they will be releasing ? :S
I just called and first, the lady said interview invites will be sent shortly. Then she said, I am not sure if shortly but definitely today :/

I just called and first, the lady said interview invites will be sent shortly. Then she said, I am not sure if shortly but definitely today :/
ah i see thanks for checking

I have an exam tomorrow morning but I just can’t study until I find out. Anyone else in the same boat?

i have an exam on monday and i too feel aggigated.

i didnt get in... did u guys get in?

didnt get invitation as expected, anyone who got it, how were your academic/non-academic stuff?

It's a downer because I had received an invitation last year, I just blew it.

Yes, I got one as well! I'm pretty surprised though, considering the fact I was missing two of the required courses. But I had a lot of pharmacy experience (since grade 11) so I'm guessing that was my saving grace. What about you guys?

Hey guys quick question, for those of you who have and have not received an invitation, what does your Quest status say?

Also got an invitation!!! :D Good luck to all of you guys in May!

Got an invite for May 2nd. Had lots of random extracurricular stuff and pharmacy experience (since grade 10) so I guess that made me competitive.

I applied both to UofT and Waterloo in case anyone was wondering

Hey guys quick question, for those of you who have and have not received an invitation, what does your Quest status say?
My status says, "application" and when I click on it says, "We have received your application, but no decision has been made yet"