University of Waterloo c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you guys for the update! I've been checking my email and no email yet as of now. Good thing somebody posted about checking Quest. GOT IN baby! wohouu See you in January.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you guys for the update! I've been checking my email and no email yet as of now. Good thing somebody posted about checking Quest. GOT IN baby! wohouu See you in January.
YESSSS CONGRATS ZION!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I started this thread in hopes that it would bring good luck. Lol. Congrats to all those who got admitted! I got in as well. See you in January! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do u guys know if they are still sending out acceptances? LOL is there a specific order in which Quest account gets updated? :(

Do u guys know if they are still sending out acceptances? LOL is there a specific order in which Quest account gets updated? :(
I'm not entirely sure how it works, what does your status say under Quest? Nobody has been sent emails yet so I imagine Quest is still likely updating the status. Crossing my fingers for you Pharm22p!

I'm not entirely sure how it works, what does your status say under Quest? Nobody has been sent emails yet so I imagine Quest is still likely updating the status. Crossing my fingers for you Pharm22p!

My status says: " We have received your application, but no decision has been made yet" .. can they make the decision already :( thank youuuuu, let's hope it gets updated soon!

An UNOFFICIAL, temporary facebook group has been made for the class of 2019! This group only serves to introduce us to each other and should be deleted once you join the official group. Join up if you know you're goin to waterloo for sure this winter!!! :)

I got in!! Wow! Thanks @Bonger89 for letting us know to check our Quest accounts. No email yet.

This was my second time applying/second time interviewing. I hope that gives hope to prospective repeat applicants!

This was my 2nd time applying and I got in as well! Yayy and congrats to all those who got accepted!

anyone else having difficulty accessing quest right now? :oops:

anyone still waiting for an email/status being updated on Quest? :( if we haven't heard back from them.. does this mean we did not make it? lol sorry just really nervous!

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE FOR GETTING IN!!! I GOT IN AS WELL WILL ACCEPT THE OFFER SOON!!! :D :D :D

Can someone post the link to the Facebook group, also for next year students, I applied the second time, first time I did not get an interview at all.

Ok those who got their Quest and email admission, feel free to post your stats.

Here's mine:

LOR from a pharmacist
cGPA 3.99
Interview went really well for me
I almost ran out of time finishing the FSA

anyone still waiting for an email/status being updated on Quest? :( if we haven't heard back from them.. does this mean we did not make it? lol sorry just really nervous!
Im on the same boat as you.

EDIT: As I say that, I get an email saying I'm on the waiting list

Here are mine:
3 years of undergrad at UW (not that it should matter)
LOR from pharmacist with 8 months of volunteer experience
86.27 average (did not calc cGPA)
Few significant extra curriculars, VP finance of 1 club, few lets talk science visits
and then extra curricular from high school and middle school (decided to list everything in order, nothing to loose)
Interview was pretty well for me, I had answers for everything, and in somewhat detail, nothing was formulated, some examples were weak, but they were from real experience
MOCK INTERVIEW at TATEM CENTER helped me prepare for the interview SIGNIFICANTLY!
FSA was fairly easy, had 5mins or so left, near the end that I used to double check the article, math and essay I did not look over.

My application stats are probably a little odd...

Six years of undergrad at Carleton U with three B.Sc's.
Overall GPA 3.34 - (Last 4 years of University; GPA was above 3.7 showing a large upward trend in grades).

LOR from a pharmacist owner. I’ve worked as a pharmacy assistant for 7 years (started when I was 18). Tons of research experience: CHEO Support pediatric emerge research, Research Coordinator at UOHI, 3 undergrad thesis… etc. Many E.C’s involving sports etc.

Interview went really well and was fun! FSA was reasonable but the time constraints made it challenging. I posted my stats hoping that they will motivate others to be persistent and never give up, even if your first couple of years are a little embarrassing.

Last edited:
The last few years, everyone on the waitlist has gotten in. Good luck!

My stats:
average ~79%, completed BSc
lots of volunteering, but very little of it in health care
2 years of community pharmacy experience at time of application, LOR from one of my pharmacy managers

my stats:

finished my third year of undergrad
cGPA: 3.5ish
LOR from a pharmacist
a year of volunteer experience at a pharmacy and 6 months of working as a pharmacy assistant

My stats

Just finished 3rd year of my undergrad (BSc with specialization in Biology)
cGPA: 3.58
LOR from a Pharmacist
Lots of extracurriculars + volunteering experience in various placements (day care, clubs, community center, etc.)
3 years of volunteer experience at a pharmacy
2+ years of working as a pharmacy student

Is anyone still in shock? I'm having a hard time processing this lmao

congrats to all those who are being accepted, and for those who are still waiting, dont lose hope!
here are my stats:
I just finished my second year at waterloo, so this is the first time I applied to both UT andUW
average:~84%
LOR from a pharmacist
being a pharmacy assistant at an independent pharmacy for 6 months
not much EC at university, but more volunteer experience during high school such as stem cell drives and long term care facilities
for interview and FSA, I got to answer all of the questions, and there was 5 more minutes for me to check over the article and essay.

Yess also got accepted!
Not sure if I'll accept it though as I'm seriously considering going out west to UBC.

I hear some people live in Mississauga and take the go, but I'm not sure that's for me cause I like studying in late in Libraries and stuff.

I'm not a decisive person at all this is gonna be tough...

Yess also got accepted!
Not sure if I'll accept it though as I'm seriously considering going out west to UBC.

I hear some people live in Mississauga and take the go, but I'm not sure that's for me cause I like studying in late in Libraries and stuff.

I'm not a decisive person at all this is gonna be tough...

I will see you in UBC :) (got waitlisted for waterloo)

Damn, looks like I need to take a whole other course for the Soc Sci/Humanities requirement before December :(

Does anyone know the approximate date when the students on waiting list hear back from school?

For those of you who applied to other schools as well, which one are you leaning toward and why?

For those of you who applied to other schools as well, which one are you leaning toward and why?
Although the tuition is higher in Waterloo than in Toronto, I'm still leaning towards Waterloo. It's closer to home, has newer classrooms, nicer building (in my opinion) and has Co-op. I've been a Co-op student before.

Congrats to everyone!
Finally got a chance to post my stats:

3rd year of undergrad bio
GPA: 3.5-3.6
EC: Working for 2 years, volunteering at a pharmacy for a year, hospital volunteering, exec for a club and a peer leader at my college.
Still very hard to believe this! Can't wait to meet you all!

For my Canadian offers I'm pretty much torn between UBC and Waterloo.
I've been away from home for the last 4 years so Waterloo would only be 2 hours away plus living in Vancouver is expensive so another reason to stay.

I have a lot of other things to consider though so I'll decide within the next week.

Gonna have to find a roommate in either Kitchener or Vancouver to lower the rent $$$

Living in kitchener is gonna be relatively tough, its not a well developed area, not nearly as close to Vancouver, but then it is much cheaper too. I am deciding between looking in Kitchener for a place to live close to the school and have the benefit of just walking to class. My second option is living near King and Columbia (major intersection in terms of FOOD in Waterloo) and bussing everyday, which is a 15-20mins bus. And having a car is too expensive.

It would be nice to live with a few other pharmacy students, so that we could study together etc. I lived at home for the past 3 years so I am not sure about how this whole housing process works.

Is anyone planning on living on campus?
I'm debating it for my first semester until I find a roommate I can see myself living with

Also is parking seriously only 169.50$ a term if you live off campus? it was over $500 per term where I did my undergrad, that's insane

It would be nice to live with a few other pharmacy students, so that we could study together etc. I lived at home for the past 3 years so I am not sure about how this whole housing process works.
I'm up for renting a place out with some people. I completely agree - it would be really helpful to have classmates to study with! I was going to wait until the FB page gets created. Since I didn't win the lotto max - I can't follow through with my original plan of buying an entire floor at the 1 victoria condo (across from pharmacy school) and renting it out for nothing to my classmates ... sigh haha.

I'm debating it for my first semester until I find a roommate I can see myself living with

Also is parking seriously only 169.50$ a term if you live off campus? it was over $500 per term where I did my undergrad, that's insane
I did 3 years of undergrad at UW, overall parking is relatively cheap, but living on campus is not recommended, the on campus housing is not guaranteed, and it is at the main campus and the school of pharmacy is relatively far, I think it would take 2 busses. The closest to campus I would recommend is king and columbia, there are 1 or 2 busses that go straight down king and stop near the Desire2learn and Google place, which is close to pharmacy school. Also on campus residence is not worth it, it is very expensive, and for the same price you can get much much nicer places. I lived on campus first year of undergrad, cost was like 9k for 8 months with food, and the food was horrible most of the time.

I'm up for renting a place out with some people. I completely agree - it would be really helpful to have classmates to study with! I was going to wait until the FB page gets created. Since I didn't win the lotto max - I can't follow through with my original plan of buying an entire floor at the 1 victoria condo (across from pharmacy school) and renting it out for nothing to my classmates ... sigh haha.
are you relatively nearby or coming from far? What I plan on doing is just going to Kitchener next week and looking around for places to rent, I am mainly looking for, double bed and ensuite, rest of the features don't really matter to me. It would be nice if my parents get me a condo there tho :D :D :D

I was looking at the residence fees and they were also cheaper than my undergrad (I was also an RA though so that saved some serious $$) but I would never live somewhere with a mandatory meal plan.

The one thing I'm afraid of living with people I don't know is that I'm sortof a neat freak so I wouldn't be able to live with extremely messy people as I'll probably lose all my hair :p

I'm starting to look at the condo right across the street from the Pharmacy building since that was mentioned. I'm planning on booking a campus tour for next week and then also looking at condos

I was looking at the residence fees and they were also cheaper than my undergrad (I was also an RA though so that saved some serious $$) but I would never live somewhere with a mandatory meal plan.

The one thing I'm afraid of living with people I don't know is that I'm sortof a neat freak so I wouldn't be able to live with extremely messy people as I'll probably lose all my hair :p

I'm starting to look at the condo right across the street from the Pharmacy building since that was mentioned. I'm planning on booking a campus tour for next week and then also looking at condos
Which university are you from?
On campus the only one where you get your own room is village 1, where a meal plan is mandatory since there is no kitchen and also washrooms are shared with the entire floor. I think it would be best to sublet for winter term and then starting summer find people you can live with and then rent out with them instead of signing a 1 year lease. Its easier to put up with a bad roommate for 4 months than 12 lol

So I looked at off campus housing and there are a plenty of options available for $400-500/month per student. It would be nice to rent a whole house with other pharmacy students. I think we should look into it later though bc for now all the rentals are starting september

Reactions: 1 users

Where's the link to the $169.50/term parking? This is good news considering it was 230 at my previous undergrad.

So I looked at off campus housing and there are a plenty of options available for $400-500/month per student. It would be nice to rent a whole house with other pharmacy students. I think we should look into it later though bc for now all the rentals are starting september
A lot of the times they seem nice but when you go see in person, they are not that great, houses are more convenient, but in Kitchener they are relatively old, anything new will be buildings/ apartment complexes for the past 2 years in Waterloo, I lived in a 5 bedroom suite in a building, the ones run by rental companies are managed relatively well, will have to go to kitchener and have a look at what is available.

A lot of the times they seem nice but when you go see in person, they are not that great, houses are more convenient, but in Kitchener they are relatively old, anything new will be buildings/ apartment complexes for the past 2 years in Waterloo, I lived in a 5 bedroom suite in a building, the ones run by rental companies are managed relatively well, will have to go to kitchener and have a look at what is available.
do you know approximately how much it costs per month?

Hey everyone I also got in so I thought I should also write out my stats because I know from experience that reading these forums is very useful and I hope I can help future applicants learn more about the process! This was my first time applying to pharmacy school and I only applied to Waterloo.

-Finished my 4th year in microbiology/immunology.
-cumulative GPA ~84%
- about 3 months of pharmacy volunteer experience prior to applying (so don't worry if you don't have a lot! I was intimidated by how everyone seemed to have years of experience but it's possible to get in without! Don't let that scare you from applying. My pharmacist still wrote me a decent reference letter)
-1 year co-op at a pharmaceutical company doing research
-I seriously don't have a lot of volunteer experience but I would say I'm committed to a few which makes them more significant (e.g. on-campus volunteering, volunteering with student international services, a couple of coordinator positions for student clubs, etc). My advice: don't spread yourself too thin! Commit to only a few so that you can spend more energy on them.
-lots of research experience (summer research in labs, etc) although this is probably not relevant to pharmacy but it was for my own interest
-and other various activities/part-time jobs since high school that I thought I might as well write down on my application lol

I found the interviewers very friendly. I had the impression that they'd be stone-faced to maintain fairness but they were actually quite engaged in my talk and gave me a lot of non-verbal cues like nodding their heads, smiling, etc. Just be comfortable because if you're nervous, it shows and it makes everyone feel awkward! The FSA in my opinion was "easy" but time management is huge! If you find yourself spending too much time on one section, just move on! Don't be like me struggling on a few questions and not having enough time to finish the other sections lol..

do you know approximately how much it costs per month?
in Waterloo, I was paying around $600, I lived at 21 Columbia, it was at king and columbia, lots of food places nearby at walking distance, timmies, 24/7 mcd, to name a couple, however I am not sure if living there will work due to 20mins bus ride to Pharmacy School, and the fact that classes start early in the morning. As for Kitchener I heard about rental buildings being made such as the 1 Victoria, but have not personally seen them. Depending on what you want and how close to the school living is around $500/mo. I am going to be looking into more detail in Kitchener.

@daum11 the FSA was so unbalanced for me, spent 10mins on math, 20mins on essay and 1h on the article