University of Waterloo c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it will be tomorrow! lol
The last two years it came out the day after the deadline (June 24th for us). But yah sadly I think it will be another day, the perhaps we both didn't make it (have faith tho!). I know of 8 people who rejected their UW offer for UofT, how about you?

The last two years it came out the day after the deadline (June 24th for us). But yah sadly I think it will be another day, the perhaps we both didn't make it (have faith tho!). I know of 8 people who rejected their UW offer for UofT, how about you?

Dont say that :( I hope we both get the offer haha! I know about 5 people who rejected their UW offer for UofT as well. I talked to couple upper year students and they said almost everyone on the waiting list got an offer in the past two years so let's hope that is true for this year as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Dont say that :( I hope we both get the offer haha! I know about 5 people who rejected their UW offer for UofT as well. I talked to couple upper year students and they said almost everyone on the waiting list got an offer in the past two years so let's hope that is true for this year as well!
Feeling not its not today either :(

has anyone contacted the university to find out when we will be hearing back from them (for waitlisted people)

Hi guys, first time posting here. I'm also waiting to get off of waterloo waiting list (was accepted to uoft but uw is my first choice). I emailed loo about the waiting list and just got a super standard response. Basically it's just our application is kept for the year and we'll be contacted if a spot is open. Hopefully we get a reply soon :/

Members don't see this ad :)
@ athrunrulez do you think UW pharmacy is harder to get into than UofT or you just did better in the interview at UofT?

Hi guys, first time posting here. I'm also waiting to get off of waterloo waiting list (was accepted to uoft but uw is my first choice). I emailed loo about the waiting list and just got a super standard response. Basically it's just our application is kept for the year and we'll be contacted if a spot is open. Hopefully we get a reply soon :/

Hopefully its very soon... last few years, they heard back within 2 days after the deadline to accept!

@ athrunrulez do you think UW pharmacy is harder to get into than UofT or you just did better in the interview at UofT?

I think a little bit of both. UW cares a lot less about grades and stuff so everything depends on the interview. I had really good marks but mediocre interview for both schools. So I think overall, UofT scored me higher cuz marks were worth more on their rubric. :/

Does anyone else notice that you get an instant reply immediately after sending an email to any of the admission people? As in, after I click send, I get a reply right away. Lol.

So is it safe to assume that UW invited more people than the slots available since no one here got off the waitlist?

So is it safe to assume that UW invited more people than the slots available since no one here got off the waitlist?

I think so too... why did it have to be this year that they had to do this :( Last year, mostly everyone from the waitlist got an offer lol

did the upper year students make an official facebook group yet?

So just to confirm, no one received anything from the waitlist rite?

I kind of find it hard to believe Waterloo didn't have offer acceptances to people on the wait list. They must've been really lucky to get exactly 120 people (assuming they sent out more than 120 offers which seems to be the case.)

so I guess people on the waiting list are not going to hear back from school?

Nothing :( I've come to terms that I probably won't get in this year. Oh well, time to try again!
what does your QUEST account say?
an email was sent out regarding an official UW pharmacy facebook page being made btw! but i can't find it :( can someone link it?

an email was sent out regarding an official UW pharmacy facebook page being made btw! but i can't find it :( can someone link it?
did you read the word document that comes along the email? the link is in there...

did you read the word document that comes along the email? the link is in there...
... i did. the link on the last page? I tried clicking it again and it doesnt open a page for me :/

Something along the lines of "You're application has been received but not decision has been made yet"

Nope, have you? :(. I also have not heard of a single person who got off the waitlist, have you?

Sadly no, to both of your questions :( it's crazy how last year people on waitlist heard back within 2-4 days after the deadline date to accept

Have many of you started looking into housing?
I'm planning on hitting up kitchener soon to check some places out so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Preferably within walking distance (15-20 min walk max). Leaning towards a one bedroom place since I don't know anybody else starting in January but open to getting a roommate

You'll be the first one to know if I hear anything about anyone moving up on the waitlist. Did you apply to any other schools?
Thank you! same goes to you I hope its before September! Ye I applied to UBC so as of now, I will be starting there in September! How about you?

Thank you! same goes to you I hope its before September! Ye I applied to UBC so as of now, I will be starting there in September! How about you?
Waitlisted for both UW and UofT so I'm just patiently waiting right now. Congrats on UBC though!

Have many of you started looking into housing?
I'm planning on hitting up kitchener soon to check some places out so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. Preferably within walking distance (15-20 min walk max). Leaning towards a one bedroom place since I don't know anybody else starting in January but open to getting a roommate
I am in similar situation, looking for something nearby in kitchener, if not I will resort to living in Waterloo 2 king and columbia have some friends living there in fall and they will be subletting their rooms in winter

Hey I applied to UW pharmacy for Winter 2016 and I dont know why I didnt get an interview
I had an average of 77%,
I volunteer at a retail pharmacy (since 2012), hospital pharmacy(2014 fall term) and now UHN
I have volunteered at the Ontario Science Centre
I was a member of a UW/WLU dance team
I was also a part of some clubs like the pre-pharm, red cross club

I'd love to know where I went wrong or even what I should do come next application!
Thank you so much :(

Hey @Tinkerbell_81095

You seem to fit the profile of the type of student they accept.
You should definitely do something new this year, whether it is a new volunteer commitment or a job in a pharmacy. That way you'll be able to write about it in your AIF.
Be very positive in your next AIF, and get someone to proofread it.

Good luck!

Hey I applied to UW pharmacy for Winter 2016 and I dont know why I didnt get an interview
I had an average of 77%,
I volunteer at a retail pharmacy (since 2012), hospital pharmacy(2014 fall term) and now UHN
I have volunteered at the Ontario Science Centre
I was a member of a UW/WLU dance team
I was also a part of some clubs like the pre-pharm, red cross club

I'd love to know where I went wrong or even what I should do come next application!
Thank you so much :(
I believe the AIF and the reference play a huge role.

seems like people on waitlist for UofT are hearing back quicker than us... this sucks lol

I don't know if this is true or not (just my guess), but I think we haven't heard back yet because they are doing last minute applications. Waterloo has opened the application for pharmacy again but just like last year, it said that if the applicant is waiting for pre-requisites they must wait and apply in October. So I think that Waterloo is planning on allowing any last minute people to apply (like, they needed to finish pre-reqs during the spring term or they missed the deadline or something) and then sending out offers to wait listed people. Which is obviously unfair since there are already people waiting and if they interviewed someone after and took them instead but, at least the chance is still out there.

I don't know if this is true or not (just my guess), but I think we haven't heard back yet because they are doing last minute applications. Waterloo has opened the application for pharmacy again but just like last year, it said that if the applicant is waiting for pre-requisites they must wait and apply in October. So I think that Waterloo is planning on allowing any last minute people to apply (like, they needed to finish pre-reqs during the spring term or they missed the deadline or something) and then sending out offers to wait listed people. Which is obviously unfair since there are already people waiting and if they interviewed someone after and took them instead but, at least the chance is still out there.

Can anyone confirm this? I remember getting an email after I applied indicating something about applying in that cycle and being accepted in the upcoming term.

EDIT: Also, wouldn't make sense to send out waitlist offers right when spots open in an attempt to get the best students who may be accepted to other schools. Just a thought.

@ssho I don't think that's correct. Look at the instructions to applicants: https://uwaterloo.ca/pharmacy/future-students/admissions-process
There's nothing about last minute applications there. There was a very clear mention of them last year. It seems they simply accepted more applicants this year than last, still have several people on the waitlist, and have no need of a "last minute" application round at this time.